The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: What region do you want to see in pokemon3D?
Kanto/Johto 15 46.88%
New region 7 21.88%
Both 10 31.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 7th, 2008, 12:50 PM
DJB MASTER
Pokémon3D Team

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DJB MASTER

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scienceboy View Post
One thing i'm really interested in seeing is terrain modifiers.
Hmmm, dont exactly know what you mean by this, but i'm guessing your talking about how moves affect the environment in real-time. Like if you used earthquake - the ground would be all smashed and cracked and if you used blizzard then there would be snow everywhere.

If this is not what you mean then please explain, thanks...

Bye, DJB...

Vote for Kanto/Johto or new region HERE!
Old February 7th, 2008, 04:34 PM
scienceboy
3 Gen Pokemon Master

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB MASTER View Post
Hmmm, dont exactly know what you mean by this, but i'm guessing your talking about how moves affect the environment in real-time. Like if you used earthquake - the ground would be all smashed and cracked and if you used blizzard then there would be snow everywhere.

If this is not what you mean then please explain, thanks...

Bye, DJB...
I kinda meant like if you were grasslands, then fire attacks would be more effective because it would set the grass on fire, if you were in the desert movement would be slowed unless you were ground/flying/hovering, volcanos water/ice types would have big disadvantage
that kind of stuff

A. READ THE GODDAMN THREAD. I don't care if you don't read all 100 pages of it, but read the first post AT LEAST.

B. READ THE FIRST POST. 95% of the time that will contain your answer

C. SHUT UP AND STOP ARGUING. It doesn't help anyone and it gets rather annoying.

D. This is not a place to talk about every topic imaginable. It is a place to talk about a certain game, or whatever the topic of the thread is. If you want to say something else, be it about something you are doing, or just something not related, DO NOT SAY IT. This is NOT the place.

E. RESPECT EVERYONE. In case you've forgotten, these are real people that you're talking to. I'm sure that if you were in person, you would NOT be talking to others the way that you do now. THESE ARE REAL PEOPLE FOLKS, REMEMBER THAT.

F. BE GRATEFUL. All of these hacks/games are done by people in their spare time, for no money. They invest ALOT of time and effort into these projects, and they do it for their enjoyment, not yours. If you try and be greedy, or talk as if they are going to fall to your every whim, DON'T. They are not doing it for you, they are doing it for them. The only thing that you should say is either constructive criticism or a suggestion that you think would make the game better overall. Note that I said SUGGESTION.
Old February 8th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Bonzai-Cat
The Best Around

Nature: Relaxed
What Do you plan to do about the Fish poke'mon like Goldeen and Magikarp?
are you only gonna let them fight in only some water terrain or are you gonna make everthing trippy by having them be able to fight on land?
Old February 8th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Twinx
s o m e t h i n g M O R E

Quote:
Originally Posted by scienceboy View Post
I kinda meant like if you were grasslands, then fire attacks would be more effective because it would set the grass on fire, if you were in the desert movement would be slowed unless you were ground/flying/hovering, volcanos water/ice types would have big disadvantage
that kind of stuff
That would add some interesting things to the battle system, making gameplay totally different. I support the idea.

Graphics wise, I think it would really intersting to see, like you said, the battlefield damaged from an earthquake or a dig. Or maybe once somebody uses a water type attack like surf, there would be puddles of water around the battlefield.
Anyway, I wouldn't give this idea much importance for now, I would rather focus on the gameplay and leave the graphical ideas 'till later.

Best of luck!

:: my deviantArt ::
Old February 8th, 2008, 05:21 PM
DJB MASTER
Pokémon3D Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai-Cat View Post
What Do you plan to do about the Fish poke'mon like Goldeen and Magikarp?
are you only gonna let them fight in only some water terrain or are you gonna make everthing trippy by having them be able to fight on land?
That is a tricky decision to come to. Do i let any pokemon fight in any terrain or only one's it is "possible" to fight in. You cant expect a water pokemon to fight in dry terrain, but they did that in Pokémon Stadium 1&2 >> so maybe it is feasible.

Affecting the environment is pretty difficult but it depends on the move. Attacks like sandstorm and rain dance are pretty much basic particle effects. As for attacks like earthquake, waterfall and surf are hard as water is hard to fake alone > but flowing water!!!

I'll have a think about how i can do this and maybe create some videos of the moves...

Old February 11th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Bonzai-Cat
The Best Around

So is this game gonna have stats like speed, Sp. ATk, defense and all the rest in it?
are you gonna make the actual speed of a Pokemon rise in the game when ever it levels up?
Old February 12th, 2008, 04:20 AM
DJB MASTER
Pokémon3D Team

Well the thing is, the way i have made the battle graphics and other things, i think i can only do turn-based battles. Real-time is going to be very, very hard for both the programmer and the player.

Turn-based wont show as much realism, like the effects of moves that lower speed or accuracy but it is more like the offical games. I am still planning the battle system...

Old February 12th, 2008, 11:36 AM
victorspvl
Beginning Trainer

this game is cool
good luck
Old February 14th, 2008, 06:30 AM
Bonzai-Cat
The Best Around

Dang I was looking forward to controlling pokemon and having them fight in real time

Oh Well i'm sure it's gonna still be a fantastic game :D
and for the story line are you planning on having Cinematic cut scenes?
Old February 15th, 2008, 06:07 PM
DJB MASTER
Pokémon3D Team

Yeh, we planned cutscenes from the beginning so they have got to be included. Dont worry about real-time controlling pokemon > i am planning to add a mini-games section. I had this idea with another team member a long time ago back in the days when i had just started the project. I have a couple already drafted and 1 in production.

I'll post a demo of the mini-game when i have completed enough of it. Cya...

Old February 16th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Bonzai-Cat
The Best Around

Oh and is the Player's character gonna be customizable?
sorry for asking so many questions this must be getting annoying for you
Old February 19th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Henry987
Pokémon Shiny Red:D

WOW! those pokemon on the screenshot is really good made :O

This Game Made By Me :D
POKÉMON: SHINY RED OFFICIAL THREAD

Old April 7th, 2008, 06:54 PM
DJB MASTER
Pokémon3D Team

For any fans of Pokémon3D then please visit....

-LINK REMOVED-

Last edited by Avatar; May 7th, 2008 at 02:53 PM.
Old April 7th, 2008, 07:04 PM
scienceboy
3 Gen Pokemon Master

Nature: Modest
so you're restarting? ok then

A. READ THE GODDAMN THREAD. I don't care if you don't read all 100 pages of it, but read the first post AT LEAST.

B. READ THE FIRST POST. 95% of the time that will contain your answer

C. SHUT UP AND STOP ARGUING. It doesn't help anyone and it gets rather annoying.

D. This is not a place to talk about every topic imaginable. It is a place to talk about a certain game, or whatever the topic of the thread is. If you want to say something else, be it about something you are doing, or just something not related, DO NOT SAY IT. This is NOT the place.

E. RESPECT EVERYONE. In case you've forgotten, these are real people that you're talking to. I'm sure that if you were in person, you would NOT be talking to others the way that you do now. THESE ARE REAL PEOPLE FOLKS, REMEMBER THAT.

F. BE GRATEFUL. All of these hacks/games are done by people in their spare time, for no money. They invest ALOT of time and effort into these projects, and they do it for their enjoyment, not yours. If you try and be greedy, or talk as if they are going to fall to your every whim, DON'T. They are not doing it for you, they are doing it for them. The only thing that you should say is either constructive criticism or a suggestion that you think would make the game better overall. Note that I said SUGGESTION.
Old May 7th, 2008, 02:27 PM
DJB MASTER
Pokémon3D Team

Got 3D models finally smoothed after much waiting and trying and loaded into game engine.
Ignore black lines > testing purposes.....

Old May 8th, 2008, 01:06 PM
HeavyOctillery
Locked & Loaded

Wow, this is quite the idea ya' have there. Hey, just remember, it the U.S. laws give you any stupid 'copyright' trouble, Japan openly welcomes fangames; you could always set up shop over there if necessary.

If ya want this to be a usable emote, copy & paste to show your support!

Support Amber IDE.......because, seriously, we need an actual Pokemon game engine.

For those who don't know, Nintendo has shut down Pokemon Fusion Generation in a massive case of overreach.
Let's show Nintendo that that ain't acceptable.
Use the hashtag #FreePFG on Twitter, so that one guy's hard work isn't erased.

Feel free to PM me if ya have any questions.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here