The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 16th, 2008, 12:27 PM
KohitsuMori
Beginning Trainer

Oh wow! This game is gonna be so awesome, I'm excited! ^_^ I can't wait for the first release! =)

I've always heard rumors about there being a Doomsday pokemon. I can't remember the rumor exactly, but it went something like you take a mist or sun stone (can't remember which) and give it to mew and it evolves into Doomsday! That would be really cool if something like that was in this game. =D Oh, the fond memories of Missingno and Mewthree! *squee*! Keep up the great work on this hack, it's looking awesome so far! *thumbs up*
Old February 16th, 2008, 10:38 PM
Darkjagwar
lollerskates now available

When you catch all 26 Unown and have 6 in your party and 20 in a box, you're supposed to find a super Unown thing that's really just a cluster of Unown like how u see them in the movie.

anyway, if ur not putting GSC rumors in, i know several rby ones:

1) Magikarp learns surf @ lv 100. Maybe you could have it learn surf SLIGHTLY earlier, say lv 30-ish? No one wan't to keep it a Magikarp anyways :P
2) You can get Pikablu by talking to Bill 200 times in a row. How about making it like 50 times?
3) Bill's secret garden. über-pokés. Mew is there supposedly.
4) Beat the l33t 4 and Oak will give you Togepi.
5) Use itemfinder and find "Lost Note" in the Unknown Dungeon. Then keep it in your item pocket and talk to one of the trading guys on Cinnabar. He'll trade you the über-secret FLARETH for a lv 100 Rhydon.
6) Beat the l33t 4 50 times with Mewtwo and it will become Mewthree.
7) "Pikachan" is a green pikachu-ish thing that you encounter similar to the legendary dogs/lati@s/Mesprit
8) If you take a lv 100 Venusaur and a lv 100 Blastoise to Bill, he will put them in the teleporter and give you a lv 100 Venustoise.
9) When you complete the pokédex (150), the programmer in Celadon tower gives you a lv 5 Mew.
10) Chrysaliss. (looks like a blue Porygon. no type.)
11) Doomsday. (ghost type. looks like several claws and stuff. idk.)

that's all i got

Last edited by Darkjagwar; February 16th, 2008 at 10:58 PM.
Old February 17th, 2008, 06:43 AM
Legend12
A Legend

Awesome job is all i could say. Magnificent Job

Click here to feed me a DigiTreat!Click here to feed me a fruit!
Old February 17th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Nastara
Beginning Trainer

Cool. This is a very interesting hack idea.
Old February 17th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Send a message via AIM to Virtual Chatot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkjagwar View Post
3) Bill's secret garden. über-pokés. Mew is there supposedly.that's all i got
I've heard that rumor before too
Old February 17th, 2008, 10:11 AM
KohitsuMori
Beginning Trainer

Has anyone heard about the Yoshi rumor? "First get a dratini in red, make sure you caught all 150 pokemon in each game before you do this. Trade the dratini in red version to blue version, raise it until it's a dragonite, trade it back, buy a fire stone, then go to the unknown dungeon. Surf left and right around the area mewtwo is than give your firestone to dragonite, it will evolve into yoshi! You won't have extra data in the pokedex but you will have a yoshi."

This of course sounds really crazy but would be cool to include in this game! Well, maybe since you'll only be able to play this game on emulators, maybe take out the trading part of the rumor and just alter it a bit? Like raise dratini into dragonite and go to unknown cave and do those steps, but whatever works.

Oh, and I found this thread with ALL kinds of rumors from the Red/Blue/Yellow version, maybe you would like to take a look at it! =D (take out spaces) h t t p : / / w w w . p k m n c o m m u n i t y . c o m / a r c h i v e / i n d e x . p h p / t - 1 9 0 9 . h t m l
Old February 17th, 2008, 10:20 AM
+Sneasel™
It's a meeee, itman!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to +Sneasel™
I hope there will be venatoise in it, that was a popular rumor back then.
Also, I remember a rumor about a skateboard, I kinda forgot how it went, but i remember it saying if you don't buy a bike until after you beat the pokemon league, then the bike shop will give you a skateboard instead.
PLEASE DON'T CRY!
I can't tell you lies...

Don't click this!

PPH - A great hacking forum
Old February 17th, 2008, 10:38 AM
KohitsuMori
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by itman1234 View Post
Also, I remember a rumor about a skateboard, I kinda forgot how it went, but i remember it saying if you don't buy a bike until after you beat the pokemon league, then the bike shop will give you a skateboard instead.
Oh I remember that rumor!!! I had forgotten all about it! I'm gonna search online for some more red/blue rumors/secrets. I'm telling you, this game is gonna hit big if it goes very far! I'm excited for the development of this game!
Old February 17th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Darkjagwar

IMO maybe since it is a RED/BLUE remake, you don't necessarily need any Johto pokés except for the few that were revealed before the GSC games were made (Togepi, Togetic, Marill, Ho-oh, etc.)

the rest you don't need you can replace with the fake pokés that just need a dex space (Missingno, 'M', Yoshi, Flareth, Doomsday, Mewthree, etc). I kno that's what DJG did for his hack 2 put in Sinnoh pokés, maybe whatever he did can work for this?

EDIT: I read something about the MissingNo stuff. in addition to making MissingNo obtainable, how about the ghost and the Kabutops and Aerodactyl fossils as pokés?

Last edited by Darkjagwar; February 17th, 2008 at 11:39 AM.
Old February 17th, 2008, 04:12 PM
KohitsuMori
Beginning Trainer

Pictures of rumor pokemon, including a weird porygon thing and Doomsday:
h t t p : / / w w w . a n g e l f i r e . c o m / i n / p o k e r u m o r s / i n d e x . h t m l
(take out spaces)
Old February 17th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Yoshimi
☆「GANG-STAR」☆

I think skeetendo will have too much room to put all the rumours in.
I heard that if you avoid all the hikers on the way to bills house, you see a mew lvl.9 in the wild.
And i heard that if you catch missingno. it evolves into kangaskhan.
And will there be a farther level limit if its possible?
Old February 17th, 2008, 09:03 PM
KohitsuMori
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by NIN View Post
I think skeetendo will have too much room to put all the rumours in.
Do you mean TOO MUCH room or NOT ENOUGH room? Seems like there's a ton of rumors and secrets to put in this game, I'm wondering if there will be enough room to fit them all in... I hope so...

I hope this will help, a forum dedicated to pokemon R/B/Y rumors, they've got tons of stuff: h t t p : / / w w w . p o j o . b i z / b o a r d / s h o w t h r e a d . p h p ? t = 6 9 1 0 5
Old February 17th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Megiddo-san
Barium - Summer '12 Return?

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Megiddo-san
You can make missingno evolve into kangaskhan. It just has to be under level 100. I have done it.

Hashire! Asu e tsudzuku shinka no micha wa
Old February 18th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Zowayix
hi

really? I'm pretty sure that only 'M can evolve into Kangaskhan.
And just to let you know, the difference between Missingno. [normal form] and 'M is that 'M can't learn Substitute thru TM and that 'M learns Pound at lv 138 (i think).
Old February 18th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Megiddo-san
Barium - Summer '12 Return?

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Megiddo-san
Oh I didn't know there were different forms.

Hashire! Asu e tsudzuku shinka no micha wa
Old February 19th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Quote:
Originally Posted by megiddo View Post
Oh I didn't know there were different forms.
Missingo also takes on the forms of the fossil Pokemon from the Pewter Museum, just a random tidbit of info
Old February 19th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Sushi.
AWESOME

Nature: Calm
From what i seen i think it's going to be great hack to me, keep it up Skeetendo.
Old February 19th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Zowayix
hi

I'm not sure if this is programmable, but the "special" forms of Missingno. (aerodactyl fossil, kabutops fossil, and ghost [seen without silph scope]) will take on the moveset and TM/HM set of the pokemon that was last in the game's memory.
Meaning that if you look up, say, Squirtle, in the pokedex or checked a squirtle's stats or waited for one to appear on the title screen or saw one in the hall of fame, and then encountered a "special" missingno., after catching it, it would have the moveset and TM/HM set of a lv 1 Squirtle.
You can't change the moves of an already caught Missingno, but you CAN change its TM set. That means that just by looking up a pkmn that can learn a particular TM will let you teach that TM to Missingno. This means that Missingno. can learn all the TMs and HMs.
Note: This "copy" ability ONLY works for the "special" Missingno.s. It does not work for the pixely Missingno. or 'M.
Old February 19th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Darkjagwar

I agree, Zowayix. I made a test game w/ a rom w/ the name "Kawaxly" just so I could see the ghost and fossil Missingno. I used a Rhydon (which I gamesharked it to have water gun and sky attack and nicknamed it missingno :P) and when I caught it it had the same moves as my Rhydon.

I guess what you COULD do is have it know Sketch liek Smeargle only in all 4 move slots. That way, it would know your moves!

in fact, idea time!!!

Missingno.
Type: ???
Attacks:
- Water Gun
- Water Gun
- Sky Attack

Mysterio
Attacks:
- Sketch
- Mimic
Evolution: Mysterio >(lv 35)> Kangaskhan

MewGlitch
Type: Psychic
Attacks:
- Pound
Evolution: MewGlitch >(lv 20)> Mew

MissinGhost
Type: Ghost
Attacks:
- Sketch
- Sketch
- Sketch
- Sketch

KabuFossil
Type: Ghost/Rock
- Sketch
- Sketch
- Sketch
- Sketch

AeroFossil
- Sketch
- Sketch
- Sketch
- Sketch

make any sense to anyone
Old February 20th, 2008, 03:57 AM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkjagwar View Post
I agree, Zowayix. I made a test game w/ a rom w/ the name "Kawaxly" just so I could see the ghost and fossil Missingno. I used a Rhydon (which I gamesharked it to have water gun and sky attack and nicknamed it missingno ) and when I caught it it had the same moves as my Rhydon.

I guess what you COULD do is have it know Sketch liek Smeargle only in all 4 move slots. That way, it would know your moves!

in fact, idea time!!!

Missingno.
Attacks:
- Water Gun
- Water Gun
- Sky Attack

Mysterio
Attacks:
- Sketch
- Mimic
Evolution: Mysterio >(lv 35)> Kangaskhan

MewGlitch
Type: Psychic
Attacks:
- Pound
Evolution: MewGlitch >(lv 20)> Mew

MissinGhost
Type: Ghost
Attacks:
- Sketch
- Sketch
- Sketch
- Sketch

KabuFossil
- Sketch
- Sketch
- Sketch
- Sketch

AeroFossil
- Sketch
- Sketch
- Sketch
- Sketch

make any sense to anyone
Isn't it funny how that attack was implemented into the game without ever being used?
Old February 20th, 2008, 10:29 AM
cloudstrife
Beginning Trainer

the idea of implementing secrets and rumors of pokemon was a brilliant idea
good luck on this game
Old February 23rd, 2008, 04:28 PM
Tanro
Beginning Trainer

I would just like to say this sounds like the best idea I have heard since I was in Seventh grade when I first heard the rumour of catching pikablu or if beat the elite 4 25 times and talke to professor oak 50 times and beat the elite 4 again he would appear at the hall of winners and give a "gym building set" and then you could talk to man in Vermillion City and he would let you build a gym where his pokemon was flatening land for 50000 pokedollars. I hope see a beta and a full version as soon as it is ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antwhan View Post
good god, how many years has it been... classic secrets....

the time i spent on cinibar...all those haunters...gaaahhh

the one time i actually caught misingno and wnet through sending my game in to get it fixed, and they sent it bck as a restarted version w/ charizard insead of my beloved venusaur..so i had to start all over...

being able to rly hve missingno would make my day

cant wait to play this
I never had a problem with Missingno or M##!!@!!1 or M or any of the M glicthes on the coast of cinnabar. It never made my game screwy at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KohitsuMori View Post
Well, maybe since you'll only be able to play this game on emulators,
Not necessarily if you have a Flash cart you can play this a on real gameboy and it is very possible to trade between emulators.
Pokemon Prism ; Pokemon Brown v2 ; Pokemon Rijon Adventures; Pokemon Secrets and Rumors
Cloning Items/ Pokemon in Emerald |
Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
Old February 27th, 2008, 03:48 PM
GKS
Retired Hacker

Nature: Calm
This seems decent, for some reason the graphics seem better than i thought it would. I liked your building tiles.
Old March 12th, 2008, 04:42 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Hey, too bad we lost that last update we had from Skeetendo. So, I guess we'll have to wait for the next one.
Still, I know it's quite late this time, but I'm reposting my congrats for the HotW (from like, a few weeks ago... ), and giving you this award made by Barker. Hope you like it!

- Big Version

- Small Version

Old March 12th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Skeetendo, Inc.
The REAL Pokémon Company

Thank you, sir! It is a shame that the last update was lost, but I can post a bit of one right now as well!

To recap the last update, We have finished bug testing through Viridian Forest and are currently working on Pewter City. There is no set release date as of yet, because we hate to set them as we end up rushing, and we like to make things as bug-free as possible (And I am sure you all appreciate that as well ) Beta one, when released should go through Mt Moon. Now to repost a couple screenshots I posted in the last update so you all can comment on them if you missed the opportunity before

yes, they have LOLcats in the Pokémon world, they just call them LOLmeowths :p

our brilliant title screen

I believe that about sums up the recap of the last update, albeit a bit more updated slightly. You all stay tuned for more updates. This is Mateo of Skeetendo, you stay classy PokéCommunity.

If you want to be a friend of Skeetendo, just PM us!

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links