• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokémon Amethyst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023

Pokémon Amethyst

AmethystLogoSmall.png

General Information

Pokémon Amethyst is a game made with RPG Maker XP, using poccil's amazing Pokémon Essentials.
I, the game's creator, am a decent spriter, scripter and mapper, as you should be able to see from the screens.
It is set in the brand-new Shika region, which is located east of Hoenn, and west of Johto.
It will feature all 493 existing Pokémon, as well as around 150 new ones.
It is made in Advance style due to the limitations of RMXP (no 3D), but features improved graphics over the GBA games (see the battle screenshot).
Also, unlike most Essentials games, it will feature a full Diamond/Pearl battle system! Yes, Amethyst will feature all the new Diamond and Pearl attacks, items and abilities! It will also have many new items, moves and abilities exclusive to this game!

Story

Sinnoh Myth

In the beginning, there was the void.
From the void emerged the Original One.
It spawned two creatures, the Creators.
Individually, the Creators made time and space.
However, the new universe seemed empty.
So from the Creators' power combined was born the Life Giver.
The Life Giver created hundreds of different living beings.
But it still was not satisfied.
So it molded the Beings of the Spirit into its own image.
They were: the Being of Wisdom, the Being of Willpower, and the Being of Emotion.
Thus, all life was imbued with spirit and personality.

Many thousands of years passed.

Legend of Shika

The land of Shika became home to three nations: the Nations of Wisdom, Willpower and Emotion.
These three nations thrived, worshipping the Beings of the Spirit.
However, there was unrest.
The People of Wisdom were greedy for knowledge. The People of Willpower were rash, and easily aggravated. The People of Emotion shunned outsiders, staying in a close-knit community.
Disasters started to happen.
The People of Wisdom were deceived and their ruler became corrupted under a malevolent force.
The People of Willpower fell into a bloody war, guided by an unseen hand.
The People of Emotion were struck down by a disease, spreading among their packed towns like wildfire.
Then, the Original One learned of the catastrophe.
It saw the cause was three Shadow Beasts, which were not spawned from the Life Giver.
The Shadow Beasts were the manifestation of mankind's sins.
So the Original One gave life to the Celestial Guard.
The power of the Celestial Guard sealed the Shadow Beasts away, seemingly for eternity. However, the power of the Celestial Guard was drained too, so it fell into an endless slumber.

That is the mythology of the Shika Region.

Main Story

The story of Amethyst starts similarly to the original games: you, as a young Trainer-to-be, live in Hazelet Town, a quiet town in the Shika region. You are woken by your best friend to collect your first Pokémon from the Pokémon Professor, Prof. Maple. However, Maple is nowhere to be seen! A quick search reveals that she has been ambushed by a mysterious duo, on Route 47!
Your friend helps you defeat the strangers with Professor Maple's Pokémon, and Maple gives you them as a sign of gratitude. But there is a condition. Maple sends you on a quest to visit her colleague Arturo, one of the leading scientists in the deeply-forested Shika region. It turns out that the Necros grunts, who had attacked her earlier, were after some research she had luckily given to Arturo to examine! Your quest: collect these documents. Sounds simple, doesn't it? But little does anyone know that the mysterious Necros Organization are on the move, and after a special prize!
Necros have learned of the Legend of Shika, and are attempting to resurrect the Shadow Beasts. But to what ends? The fate of the land rests with a group of young trainers, of which the player is part of! But will they be strong enough to defeat the organization? Or will the land of Shika fall into ruin?

The Land of Shika

Screenshot243.png

The region of Shika, as it appears in the PokéComm.

Screenshot244.png

The enlarged map which appears when you zoom in.

I will be announcing the names and details of places leading up to the demo.

Hazelet Town
Screenshot299.png

A small town situated in south Shika, it is home to the hero, as well as the renowned Professor Maple. The northern exit of the town brings you to Hazelet Woods.

Hazelet Woods
Screenshot300.png

A short, forested path leading north from Hazelet. The east side of the woods houses a winding maze, rumoured to be home to a rare and powerful Pokémon. However, two stout trees stubbornly block the path.

Wetherill Woods (West)
Screenshot298.png

A route cutting through the dense outskirts of the largest forest in the region. The path extends east as far as the eye can see - however, your destination is to the north-west, making the path much more manageable.

Wetherill Woods (Central)
Screenshot302.png

The central section of Wetherill Woods. A large hill dominates the landscape; however, its influence is greater than just that. Rainclouds from the sea in the west are unable to pass the hill, making the area to the west often covered in rain, while keeping the beach to the east sunny.

Rainglade Town
Screenshot297.png

A remote town, surrounded by verdant forests. It is entirely forgettable, save for one thing; it is the home of the Pokémon Academy, useful for young trainers to hone their skills. The most successful students will eventually have the chance to enroll in the prestigious Pokémon Trainers' University, on the mainland far north of Rainglade.

Everbloom Path
Screenshot304.png

A long path winding through the rainforest. It is named after a plant which flowers all-year round; this plant forms huge, impenetrable mounds which force travellers to take a winding path. It will be a challenge to get through this route in the game, as it is one of the longer routes the player will face at the start of their journey. A rope bridge crosses a wide river at the north of the route.

Lushade City
Screenshot301.png

The first large city visited by the player. It is surrounded by rainforest on the south and east sides, with a beach providing sea access at the north-west. Its unique location and proximity to the rainforest have made it the scientific hub of the region; as such, the huge Lushade Science Institute looms over the city. Trainers visiting the city are in for a treat; it is the location of Shika's first League Gym. But where could it be?

The Team

Pokémon Spriters: Nopie, PapaLuLu27, Legacy Raider, Bakuphoon, Houndoomed, KageX and The Smell have contributed sprites so far. I have also asked Headpunch to critique my sprites, as we all want the game to be perfect!
Other Spriters: Esmas is doing some OWs for the game, and has also expressed interest in doing other sprites.
Musicians: In the first demo, I will probably be using the D/P music, as well as some themes by Umar Arar (3DoOrSdOwN). However, Lorem Ipsum has volunteered to create music.
Designers: Hoppy, Blu, Phoenixsong and Caladbolg have been contributing to the Pokémon design process.
Other: Aldaron is helping with the competitive aspect of the new Pokémon.
Ideas: Pretty much half the people in this thread :P

I am also filling those roles myself, as well as the other jobs not mentioned such as scripting and mapping.

Pokémon

The Shika region features many Pokémon endemic to its shores. I will be updating this list whenever I decide to release a new Pokémon, but these should tide you over for now:

The Starters
Dipleaf2.png
Official Art
Dipleaf Type: Grass
Seed Dino Pokémon
It absorbs sunlight using its tail so the buds on its back can begin to grow. Long ago, this Pokémon is believed to have had a longer neck than now.

Ignicub2.png
Official Art
Ignicub Type: Fire
Young Bear Pokémon
The fur on its neck takes the appearance of glowing flames. Its skin secretes a flammable substance, allowing it to startle enemies with flames and get away.

Axolitl.png
Official Art
Axolitl Type: Water
Amphibian Pokémon
A Pokémon that can survive both on land and in the water. It prefers freshwater to saltwater, since the water in its body will start to diffuse out in saltwater.

Bushby2.png

Bushby Type: Normal
Infant Pokémon
Bushby is one of the most playful species of Pokémon in existence. It enjoys wildly swinging through the forest with its long arms. Its tail isn't developed yet.

Chacaw3.png

Chacaw Type: Normal/Flying
Maestro Pokémon
It lives deep in the jungle. Once a month, it gathers with others to sing. Its tails allow it to perfectly keep track of up to 3 rhythms at once by swaying from side to side.

Argaze.png

Argaze Type: Bug/Flying
Staring Pokémon
When it makes eye contact, it will continue staring at its victim until he or she flees in terror. The eye-like pattern on its wings is rumoured to give it strange powers.

Wichu3.png

Wichu Type: Normal
Float Mouse Pokémon
It is an unusual Pokémon with the ability to float in the sky like a cloud. In the evenings, large groups of them can sometimes be seen flying overhead.

Screenshots

Screenshot149.png

A screen from the title sequence.

Screenshot140.png

The trainer card layout. It is in fact reversible, showing the trainer's party Pokémon on the back.

Screenshot241.png

The new Pokédex layout, similar to the one in R/S/E.

Screenshot136.png

An example of a Pokémon Summary screen.

Screenshot303.png

An example battle screenshot.

Screenshot305.png

Fight! "What will Dipleaf do?"

Screenshot268.png

A bright Flash lights up the area!

Click to view image!
A short animation showing the new menu system, as well as easy switching of Pokémon. The icons are placeholders for now.

Click to view image!
The Pokédex screen, showing some of the different pages of the Pokédex, as well as its general appearance.

Click to view image!
No Pokémon game is complete without the slots at the Game Corner, despite what Nintendo of Europe thinks.

DISCLAIMER: All screenshots shown are from a version of the game in development. This means that the may depict features which will be changed in the actual game.

Help Needed

Well, I can't do all of this alone.
OK, maybe I can. But I still would rather have a few helpers :D.
I need:
Ideas. Very important. For moves, abilities and items. All suggestions will be considered.
A musician. I'm not that good at making Pokémon-style music, so if anyone has any experience with making town, route or battle music, feel free to help out.
Spriters. To help sprite out the DP Pokémon in Advance style (because DP sprites use different shading and colours). The sprites must be 64x64, and 100% scratch, like this (thanks to Nopie for the sprite):
SnoverM.png

Anyone who helps will receive a mystery gift, and depending on the amount, an NPC in the game too.

Credits

Here, I give thanks to all who help me.
Most importantly, poccil, for making such an amazing starter kit and helping me when I got stuck with the scripts!
Flameguru/Harshboy, for providing the foundations of the starter kit!
Houndoomed, for the awesome map tutorial!
Kyledove, for the basis of my tiles and a few of his tiles too!
Hoppy (a real-life friend), for working with me to design Pokémon!
And last but not least, the rest of my real-life friends for supporting me with making this game!
Let me know if you think you should be on this list.

Support Amethyst!

A userbar I made.

Code:
[PLAIN][url="http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=127318"][IMG]http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj197/projectamethyst/Support/Userbar1-1.png[/IMG][/url][/PLAIN]

The counterpart to the above userbar :D

Code:
[PLAIN][url="http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=127318"][IMG]http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj197/projectamethyst/Support/Userbar2.png[/IMG][/url][/PLAIN]

A pair of userbars featuring Fatablos, the Deathbringer Pokémon.

Code:
[PLAIN][url="http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=127318"][IMG]http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj197/projectamethyst/Support/Userbar3.png[/IMG][/url][/PLAIN]

Code:
[PLAIN][url="http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=127318"][IMG]http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj197/projectamethyst/Support/Userbar4.png[/IMG][/url][/PLAIN]

Starter userbars:

Code:
[PLAIN][url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=127318"][IMG]http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj197/projectamethyst/Support/Dipleaf-Userbar.png[/IMG][/url][/PLAIN]

Code:
[PLAIN][url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=127318"][IMG]http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj197/projectamethyst/Support/Ignicub-Userbar.png[/IMG][/url][/PLAIN]

Code:
[PLAIN][url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=127318"][IMG]http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj197/projectamethyst/Support/Axolitl-Userbar.png[/IMG][/url][/PLAIN]

I'm going to be updating these too, with the new sprites.

By the way, if you haven't already, get yourself a DS and Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum. You'll enjoy it.

Last edited:

Henry987

Pokémon Shiny Red:D
Years
wow wichu nice, may I ask you how you did the intro title screen... I have wondering that a long time to make a movie intro, hmmm. If you can help me plz pm me :D

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Awesome screens, one of the more professional-looking projects, though your Pokemon sprites could use a little work- make 'em more 'Pokemoney', if that makes sense. Well anyway good job, and happy birthday!!

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Hellowichuthar.

Can I apply for music dude? I have a distinction in Grade 5 musical theory, and a distinction in Grade 4 piano (taking piano exam in March). I have proper music composition software, and it would be brilliant if I could work for you.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Pretty impressive.
I like how to try to add your own style of recolors and graphics to mix things up a bit. Nice touch.
The region seems pretty cool to.
Hopefully this works out for you!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Yuoaman, which sprite in particular?
Lorem, sure. Could you send me a sample of your work? Perhaps a "Wild Pokémon Battle" MIDI? Anyway, you're ahead of me in music qualifications - I'm going to be taking Grade 5 Theory in June :P
Ludicario: What's odd about it, and should I change it? And yes, I made the graphics and scripted the percentages for HP and Exp. It's one of my only scripts which I didn't need help with. Poccil helped me with the menu Pokémon checker, the Map script, and others.
In conclusion, I'm glad you all like it! I'll make some support banners tomorrow. I also need to update the Story section with the "Legend of Shika" - you can look forward to that!
P.S. As of now, I am officially 15 years old. Whoo!

Years
  • Seen May 16, 2008
hey! love the screenshots and the dp features... really impressive keep it up.
But your titlescreen and your banner aren´t any good! Pm me if you want some help with them ;)

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Uhm, Wichu, I started composing a Wild theme, but now I have a tune which I think would better suit the rival battle or overworld... is this OK for the test piece?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Backmaster: That's because I made the banners in 5 minutes :P
And the title screen looks a lot better in-game, because it's animated. I might try and get an animation of it up.
Lorem, sure. That would be great, too!

EDIT: This thread is the 11th result when searching for pokemon amthyst on Google! That means we're only 1 off the first page! Help me get it to the top!
EDIT 2: And if you put the accent on the é, it's 10th! We made it to the first page!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2009
I cant sprite at all, but I can draw, scan, and design alot of my ideas. I have actually been floating around 70 or so pokemon ideas in my head, complete with stats, movesets, abilities etc. I'm also on smogon, and I'd like to help. Did you come up with starters yet? I have been working on a particularly well-balanced set. A Grass/Dark, Water/Fighting, and Fire/Psychic. If you want some of my designs, I'll scan and upload them, with base stats, abilities, and movepools of course. I also have some ideas for the routes. I've always thought that the pokemon games needed more dungeons.

PS: Dont expect incredible shading or anything. I'm a designer, not an artist.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
OK, I made an animation of the title screen, to show that it's not just like that. (WARNING: Large file size)
Spoiler:

Sorry for the random coloured pixels in the animation - GIFs can only use a certain number of colours, so a few pixels get changed.

Backmaster, if you want to make some banners, feel free to do so.
EDIT: Sorry, didn't see you there :P.
I already have the starters ready, but if yours are better, I might consider it. You could PM me a few of your Pokémon designs, if you want.
If you have any suggestions for new moves, please post them too!
I probably won't have much use for the routes, because I already have a world map (see first post). Dungeon designs would be welcome; I could PM you a list of some dungeons, if you want to plan them out.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
This game is looking very promising and everything, very nice custom stuff, but I am fed up with peope who have almost the exact same storyline as my game.

I have counted, and this is the 3rd (and possibly 4th, but I remember one of them being changed) storyline that almost copies Pokemon Scarlet's. I believe I came up with the idea of the Professor being kidnapped first over a year ago, and soon after I saw fangames with the same idea. I don't even care that our Professors have the same name, it's just that it seems to be more than just 'coinicidence' that so many fangames have all of a sudden got this 'Kidnapped professor' storyline.

I just wanted to point that out, because the next game I see with a similar storyline will make me change my game's storyline. You may think that I'm going crazy here, but you should understand the reason why I'm angry.

But with all of that aside, good luck with your game ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back