The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 20th, 2007, 06:40 AM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
Got simple ideas to jot down here for a storyline? This thread is for it.

Generally, if you have a single line story that could probably be expanded upon, try here. For any other help with a suitable storyline, you may also work on it here.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old December 21st, 2007, 06:45 AM
axlefoley

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to axlefoley
Hi I was just wondering what people thought of this story.

You start out in an underground/ cave town and your professor is none other than a reformed Giovanni but part of the way through the Game (I am thinking after the 1st badge) He gets kidnapped and brainwashed and Prof Oak comes and takes over in his absence and the whole saving Giovanni is the main story (and the Gyms Story line is just an added extra) which all leads to a battle with Giovanni then leads to a show down between you and The person pulling the Giovanni's and a new evil team's strings and the after that you go about your daily routine with the Elite 4 (because my scripting isn't that great you still need to do the Gym thing all though I said it would be an extra). Then when you have beaten the elite 4 Oak meets with Giovanni and they Give you another starter and they tell you of a bunch of Islands that are shrouded in mystery and you start another mission to explore the Islands (Not to give too much away these Islands will hold the Legendaries).

Thats all I can think of right now so any criticisms or comments and ideas to expand this story will be greatly appreciated. Also please tell me if this is a crappy idea (Otherwise I wont know) Thanks I hope to hear from you guys.

Click here to feed Herman a Rare Candy!
Click here to feed Horrace a Rare Candy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!
Old December 27th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Erimgard
Rocket's Revenge

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Erimgard
Well, I like your creativity, but I just don't really think it's a usable storyline.
There's too many holes and oddities in it. I don't know if you had any ideas that would fill in the blanks or not, but a few questions:
Where would this take place?
Why is Giovanni reformed?
Why do you start underground?
Why would anyone want to capture Giovanni if he's not even an evil pokemon master anymore?
If the hero is trying to save Giovanni,why would he take the time to fight for badges and the Elite Four?

Now, if you really like the whole concept of Giovanni getting kidnapped and an Island Quest, I'd suggest something more along these lines:

The team that kidnaps Giovanni is in fact, Team Rocket itself. They are tired of TRYING to get him back [as they did in G/S/C] and kidnap him and reveal their evil plan to him in hopes that he'll join forces with them again and give them a strong leader once again.
However, since he's reformed, he refuses, and Oak gives you a starter and sends you on a mission to find Giovanni
Now for Gyms...well, use your creativity...you could have to battle your way through "Rocket Bases" instead of gyms. That way it makes sense. you're not just stopping along at every gym you see and wasting time ya know?
And after you defeat the 8 Rocke Bases, you find where Giovanni is, and have to defeat 4 Rocket Admins to free him [instead of the Elite Four]
then once he's free, he tells you about this Island that no one knows about, because you've proven yourself worthy.

anyway, just some suggestions to make the plot more usable
let me know what ya think
And good luck, I like your imaginiation!

Temple of Theorizing: A great online community to discuss the mysteries of the Zelda series
Old December 27th, 2007, 04:13 PM
axlefoley

Where would this take place? I never really thought about this one but it would be a new region Which would probably lead you into another question, Why would he go there? Well why not we aren't told why Red starts in kanto, we aren't told why Elm lives in New Bark Town.

Why is Giovanni reformed? Because after what happened in Viridian City he saw being evil would get him no where, that and the police got a hold of him because a member of Team Rocket ratted him out.

Why do you start underground? Well this one is easy to explain Giovanni is a ground type trainer and all the starters have a ground type or will have so starting in an underground town makes sense

Why would anyone want to capture Giovanni if he's not even an evil pokemon master anymore? He isn't now but he was. They figure that they can convert him back and get him on the side of evil again. and the team would more or less be team rocket ie some Members of team rocket who don't want to let their ways die decide to make their own team (or maybe even keep team rocket it actually makes sense to me right now)

If the hero is trying to save Giovanni,why would he take the time to fight for badges and the Elite Four? I told you my scripting is limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erimgard View Post
Now, if you really like the whole concept of Giovanni getting kidnapped and an Island Quest, I'd suggest something more along these lines:

The team that kidnaps Giovanni is in fact, Team Rocket itself I would try and make that hidden so you actually have to find out who the team that kidnapped him are.

They are tired of TRYING to get him back [as they did in G/S/C] and kidnap him and reveal their evil plan to him in hopes that he'll join forces with them again and give them a strong leader once again.
However, since he's reformed, he refuses, and Oak gives you a starter and sends you on a mission to find Giovanni The whole idea was for Giovanni to actually have been seen and done all that stuff before he gets kidnapped.

Now for Gyms...well, use your creativity...you could have to battle your way through "Rocket Bases" instead of gyms. That way it makes sense. you're not just stopping along at every gym you see and wasting time ya know?
And after you defeat the 8 Rocke Bases, you find where Giovanni is, and have to defeat 4 Rocket Admins to free him [instead of the Elite Four] It makes more sense than my idea but in a strange way I don't like it I guess I am still a bit of a traditionalist I would have to let that Idea grow on me. Or maybe every Gym leader is a member of team rocket secretly. How and why I don't know yet I would have to work on that one.

then once he's free, he tells you about this Island that no one knows about, because you've proven yourself worthy.

anyway, just some suggestions to make the plot more usable
let me know what ya think
And good luck, I like your imaginiation!
Your suggestions are pretty good and I may make changes to the storyline based upon some of them (i.e. maybe the whole rocket base thingo) I just put in bold some of my thoughts about it. But also just a little note I would expect plotholes in all the ideas here because it is a Quick Storyline Idea Thread which means rough and ready to be expanded upon.

Old December 27th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Erimgard
Rocket's Revenge

Send a message via AIM to Erimgard
Glad you liked some of the ideas. I always like being able to help someone

Quote:
But also just a little note I would expect plotholes in all the ideas here because it is a Quick Storyline Idea Thread which means rough and ready to be expanded upon.
Oh I know that, I wasn't critcizing your ideas. I expect any threads in this subforum to be full of holes and question marks...and I've taken it upon myself to try and help anyone I can fill in those holes and put answers in those question marks :P
best of luck!

Temple of Theorizing: A great online community to discuss the mysteries of the Zelda series
Old December 27th, 2007, 07:38 PM
thethethethe
Gym Leader

I idea was inspired from a past hack that Esmas was doing, but I changed the storyline and made it a bit more in depth. I want to do this idea, but I'm not sure if I should work on two hacks at the same time. If people think it's a good idea, I might do it. If I do take this one, it will either be a hack of either Emerald or Leaf Green.

(No Name)
This is the story of the other side of Gold. In this version you play as Silver. You'd start in a small quiet town near Mount Silver (Bad pun not intended). Living with his reformed father, Giovanni, who has driven a hate for Team Rocket into his son. Growing up in a family involved in a life of crime, Silver now has no problems with stealing from other people, and that includes Pokemon.
On his tenth birthday, he says goodbye to his father early in the morning, telling him he's just going for a walk. The reformed Giovanni, says goodbye without asking where he is going. Silver then and heads to New Bark Town to steal his first Pokemon.

When he gets to Professor Elms lab, he looks through a window and sees Gold, standing there choosing his first Pokemon. As he sees Elm walk Gold out of the lab, he decides to sneak into the lab and steal a Pokemon.
When Elm sees Silver, Silver rushes out the window and runs home to show his father his Pokemon. Giovanni, now living a life free of crime, is disgusted when he hears that his son, has stolen a Pokemon from Prof. Elm. After a long argument, Giovanni kicks him out of the house until he returns the Pokemon. Silver heads back to New Bark Town, to give the Pokemon Back, but being the kind person that Elm is, and seeing how the Pokemon has become attached to Silver, he decides to let Silver keep the Pokemon. Still angry with his father, Silver decides to go on his own journey, with his Pokemon, to prove to himself and his father that he can end any evil ideas in his head, by trying to remove Team Rocket from the world.

And just a little more info, on what I'm thinking about doing.
Silver will take his own route through Johto, visiting some familiar towns of Johto, and some you've never seen before.

How's that sound?

Last edited by thethethethe; December 27th, 2007 at 11:28 PM.
Old December 28th, 2007, 05:52 AM
axlefoley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erimgard View Post
Glad you liked some of the ideas. I always like being able to help someone

Oh I know that, I wasn't critcizing your ideas. I expect any threads in this subforum to be full of holes and question marks...and I've taken it upon myself to try and help anyone I can fill in those holes and put answers in those question marks :P
best of luck!
Thanks mate I mean I know you weren't rying to criticize me I mean I put it on here to see what people thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethethethe View Post
I idea was inspired from a past hack that Esmas was doing, but I changed the storyline and made it a bit more in depth. I want to do this idea, but I'm not sure if I should work on two hacks at the same time. If people think it's a good idea, I might do it. If I do take this one, it will either be a hack of either Emerald or Leaf Green.

(No Name)
This is the story of the other side of Gold. In this version you play as Silver. You'd start in a small quiet town near Mount Silver (Bad pun not intended). Living with his reformed father, Giovanni, who has driven a hate for Team Rocket into his son. Growing up in a family involved in a life of crime, Silver now has no problems with stealing from other people, and that includes Pokemon.
On his tenth birthday, he says goodbye to his father early in the morning, telling him he's just going for a walk. The reformed Giovanni, says goodbye without asking where he is going. Silver then and heads to New Bark Town to steal his first Pokemon.

When he gets to Professor Elms lab, he looks through a window and sees Gold, standing there choosing his first Pokemon. As he sees Elm walk Gold out of the lab, he decides to sneak into the lab and steal a Pokemon.
When Elm sees Silver, Silver rushes out the window and runs home to show his father his Pokemon. Giovanni, now living a life free of crime, is disgusted when he hears that his son, has stolen a Pokemon from Prof. Elm. After a long argument, Giovanni kicks him out of the house until he returns the Pokemon. Silver heads back to New Bark Town, to give the Pokemon Back, but being the kind person that Elm is, and seeing how the Pokemon has become attached to Silver, he decides to let Silver keep the Pokemon. Still angry with his father, Silver decides to go on his own journey, with his Pokemon, to prove to himself and his father that he can end any evil ideas in his head, by trying to remove Team Rocket from the world.

And just a little more info, on what I'm thinking about doing.
Silver will take his own route through Johto, visiting some familiar towns of Johto, and some you've never seen before.

How's that sound?
That sounds cool a nice Silver who'd a thunk it sounds good so I hope you do go through with it.

Old December 28th, 2007, 08:06 AM
Corrosion
Support Pokemon Amber!

Well I though I'd come in here to develop my storyline. The game is Pokemon Amber.

The Thread for Pokemon Amber

You begin in your room. Your mother calls you downstairs; there's a news article on the Television talking about the dwindling influence of Team Ventule (This Team has played a significant part in the affainrs of the region for the past 20 years). Talks are of the disbanding of the group. The article ends, however. You remember that you have an appointment with Professor Azeleas, and you dash out.
You meet him in front of the main feature in the town, a large yellow rock. You talk to him for a while, then he invites you back to his lab. Being a friend of your late father, he gives you a pokemon of your choice (The Pokemon available will depend on a factor- More on that later). You make your way to leave when a boy storms in, demanding a pokemon. You block his way and begin a fight. If you win Azeleas will give you five Pokeballs. If you lose, Azeleas will finish the young trainer and you will receive nothing. The trainer, regardless of what happens will then run away. Azeleas will then turn to you, heal your Pokemon and set you on your journey.

The world that Cingulus is is hard to explain, so I would go to the link if you want to find out more.

Goals?

Well, initially your goal is to obtain the eight badges and face the Elite Four. However you are quickly dragged into the affairs of Team Ventule and you must settle the scores. The Amber part comes in as there is, in fables talk of the stone controlling the land of Cingulus. True or not, Team Venule want the rock- Its up to you to stop them.

Length?

All I know at the moment is that
a. The maps are bigger than those of Game Freak
b. The Storyline will continue on after you defeat the Elite Four
c. You will be revisiting most of the routes in the game
d. The Elite Four will be more of a side quest.
Old February 12th, 2008, 12:39 PM
mistersmeargle
is a scatman.

This is the story for my Fire Red hack, Royal Purple.

You start off in your room in Ramme Town, in the region of Annohis. You go downstairs at which point you are reminded Professor Oak is supposed to be giving you a Pokémon. You rush over to his lab to be told that he has just given away his last Pokémon to his grandson. He advises you to ask the village's elder, Damuk, for a Pokémon. You go to Damuk's house where you are given your starter, a Slowking. You set off from Ramme Town to take the Annohis Elder Quest, but get entangled in the plots of Organisation Frozen Shadow (OFS), who's mysterious leader Spenser wants to claim the legendary King's Rock for himself in order to crown himself King of Annohis. In the course of finding the location of the King's Rock before Spenser, you must defeat the Six High Elders of Annohis, Dapek, Damuk, Damor, Dakom, Dabeb, Dacho and Dacha. With each victory you are given one of the seven keys to the King's Rock Chamber. Finally you are forced to concede the keys to Spenser when he threatens Annohis's King Mortimer. Later, you battle Spenser at his base and get the keys back. Then you must battle the greatest of the great. The final person in the Annohis Elder Quest, King Mortimer himself.

(Yes, Spenser as in the Frontier Brain)

Last edited by mistersmeargle; February 12th, 2008 at 01:24 PM.
Old February 18th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Keyrin
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistersmeargle View Post
This is the story for my Fire Red hack, Royal Purple.

You start off in your room in Ramme Town, in the region of Annohis. You go downstairs at which point you are reminded Professor Oak is supposed to be giving you a Pokémon. You rush over to his lab to be told that he has just given away his last Pokémon to his grandson. He advises you to ask the village's elder, Damuk, for a Pokémon. You go to Damuk's house where you are given your starter, a Slowking. You set off from Ramme Town to take the Annohis Elder Quest, but get entangled in the plots of Organisation Frozen Shadow (OFS), who's mysterious leader Spenser wants to claim the legendary King's Rock for himself in order to crown himself King of Annohis. In the course of finding the location of the King's Rock before Spenser, you must defeat the Six High Elders of Annohis, Dapek, Damuk, Damor, Dakom, Dabeb, Dacho and Dacha. With each victory you are given one of the seven keys to the King's Rock Chamber. Finally you are forced to concede the keys to Spenser when he threatens Annohis's King Mortimer. Later, you battle Spenser at his base and get the keys back. Then you must battle the greatest of the great. The final person in the Annohis Elder Quest, King Mortimer himself.

(Yes, Spenser as in the Frontier Brain)
A lot of originality and thought was put into that, but there's just a little problem with how the starter Pokémon is... A Slowking? That shouldn't be right. Maybe you should make the starter a Slowpoke.

And if you still want to eventually obtain a Slowking, just set the evolution from Slowpoke to Slowbro by level, and from Slowbro to Slowking by level, instead of King's Rock. And I do believe that a lot of those leaders will be a bit hard to follow/memorize. :D
Old February 18th, 2008, 03:13 PM
mistersmeargle
is a scatman.

Oh, wait, I forgot I posted that, I have a new storyline now, slightly different to this one and much more developed.

Far south of Hoenn is the region of Annohis. The region is meticulously placed, it is a very cold region, allowing various Ice Pokémon to survive there but warm ocean currents from the neighbouring Atlantean Archipeligo keep it from freezing over. Annohis is a region built on tradition, it is ruled by a monarchy and each of the nine large towns has an Elder to watch over them. Because of it's royal background, some Pokémon are held in high regard, suck as Slowking and Nidoqueen. But above all are the Four Pokémon Princes, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi and Manaphy. These Pokémon influence the area around Annohis using their powers and have kept peace in the land since time immemorial.

But things are beginning to go bad. Elder Damuk of Ramme Town has gone missing and no replacement has yet been found.

A mysterious group known as Organisation Frozen Shadow (OFS), led by a mysterious man known only as Sir are attempting to capture the Four Princes and use their power to take over Annohis.

And most worrying of all the King of Annohis, Maxmillian, has been killed, being replaced by his inexpreienced 18-year-old son Mortimer.

You are a young child in Ramme Town, today is your 13th birthday. As with all children who reach such an age, it is your turn to recieve a Pokémon and take the Elder Quest, a journey to defeat the Nine High Elders of Annohis. You go to Professor Oak's Lab and recieve you starter-a Swinub.
You set off on the Elder Quest, but along the way get entangled in the fiendish plots of OFS, the backstabbing politics of the monarchy and learn many deep dark secrets that lead you to the true identity of Sir.

(And Sir is not Spenser.)
Old February 18th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Jack of Bl♠des
Former goderator

Well, I've had two hack ideas before noticing this little subforum, and I've decided to share them.

The first one would sort of gravitate to a Devil May Cry format (whereas you play as Dante). However, instead of weapons and styles, you'll be using pokemon (well, fakemon more accurately). Also, most weapons/styles will have 4 forms total: 3 levels, followed by a Devil Trigger form (that's basically an extremely powerful form for all you non DMC fans). I'd probably just tie a story into it, but it would be more or less for DMC fans than for members of the PC community.

Which leads me to my second hack. This one will involve a young protagonist. The son of the Chief of a Police squad, your character lives in a small city where he/she is being pressured by a small group to steal people's pokemon. The player will have several opportunities to do the right or wrong thing, and during these turning points, major sections of the storyline will depend on what you do (for instance, if you decide to defend people's pokemon from the thieves, you will find yourself recruited into the police squad, whereas if you steal, you might be enlisted into the gang and be hunted down by the police. Also, if you stay neutral, you'll find yourself missing out on many one-time only chances to acquire pokemon and have even more foes). Also, your rival will start as a friend, though I have yet to decide if they will join the opposing organization that you do.

The second one will be one that I actually spend time on, while the DMC one will be more of a past-time (well, more of one).
Old February 19th, 2008, 12:13 PM
mistersmeargle
is a scatman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Keyrin View Post
Much better, Mistersmeagle! That story, like you said, is "slightly different to this one and much more developed"! It's better! Keep it up, but I still don't like the idea of having Swablu as the starter. I liked Slowpoke better. :D
Actually the starter is a Swinub...
Old February 20th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Elite 4 Sam
Steel Type User

Pokemon: Forest Gaurdian
Hack of: Pokemon Ruby

You start out in your room, and your mother calls you down. You put down the Gamecube controller and walk downstairs. The Professor of your town, Prof. Maple, informs you that Team Magma and Team Rocket are now competing to steal an ancient relic found in the Forest of Legends. He tells you that it is not to far from the town of Enigma. You set off on your journey, with your starter being one of the offspring from the legendary birds(That Prof. Maple bred). Upon arrival at The Forest of Legends, You see a battle between Giovanni and Maxie. Maxie then directly attack's Giovanni with a hyper beam from his Torkoal. He then runs to steal the Relic. The gaurdian of the relic, Celebi, appears but ends up being captured with Maxie master ball. You set off to find the Forest Relic and rescue Celebi.

Rival(s): Veronica: She's sweet but competitive. She is the "nice rival". You first meet her in Route 4.

Carter: He's the Jerk. Overconfident. Know-it-all. Just a Few words to describe him. You first meet him in the Forest of Legends.

Region: Voria

And... thats all i got so far.

My shinies are legit!
Old February 20th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Jack of Bl♠des
Former goderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite 4 Sam View Post
Pokemon: Forest Gaurdian
Hack of: Pokemon Ruby

You start out in your room, and your mother calls you down. You put down the Gamecube controller and walk downstairs. The Professor of your town, Prof. Maple, informs you that Team Magma and Team Rocket are now competing to steal an ancient relic found in the Forest of Legends. He tells you that it is not to far from the town of Enigma. You set off on your journey, with your starter being one of the offspring from the legendary birds(That Prof. Maple bred). Upon arrival at The Forest of Legends, You see a battle between Giovanni and Maxie. Maxie then directly attack's Giovanni with a hyper beam from his Torkoal. He then runs to steal the Relic. The gaurdian of the relic, Celebi, appears but ends up being captured with Maxie master ball. You set off to find the Forest Relic and rescue Celebi.

Rival(s): Veronica: She's sweet but competitive. She is the "nice rival". You first meet her in Route 4.

Carter: He's the Jerk. Overconfident. Know-it-all. Just a Few words to describe him. You first meet him in the Forest of Legends.

Region: Voria

And... thats all i got so far.
Sounds like you've got something good going for you. Personally, however, I'm curious as to how you're going to have legendary bird offspring. Are they going to be the birds themselves, or are you actually going to create them?

Also, is giovanni going to die from the Hyper Beam, or just be knocked out (I never understood the exact effects of pokemon attacks, even in the anime)? Because I'm thinking that if he survives maybe he'll help you out (his grunts will support you and stuff) in an effort to stop Maxie. Or maybe you get to choose in between who you help, affecting which team helps you.
Old February 20th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Elite 4 Sam
Steel Type User

He just gets knocked off his feet. And you get the birds themselves. i had'nt initially thought about the Team Rocket helps you idea. i may use that.

My shinies are legit!
Old February 22nd, 2008, 07:33 PM
Jack of Bl♠des
Former goderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite 4 Sam View Post
He just gets knocked off his feet. And you get the birds themselves. i had'nt initially thought about the Team Rocket helps you idea. i may use that.
Sure, feel free to use it. I'm already incorporating that sort of concept into my hack. Though I'm not so sure about legendary starters (their stats are too high and they don't evolve). But it's your hack, so do as you please.
Old February 24th, 2008, 10:53 AM
snakehead
Beginning Trainer

I was thinking maybe it would be cool to have non pokemon related romhack on a pokemon game engine, perhaps a naruto theme? Each player can learn 4 different jutsu's either attacking ones or defensive ones. Instead of having ability you could have bloodlines such as sharigan...
It would be like pokemon becoming the best trainer, becoming the best ninja or hokage.

It's just an idea so i thought i'de post it here.
Old February 24th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Jack of Bl♠des
Former goderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakehead View Post
I was thinking maybe it would be cool to have non pokemon related romhack on a pokemon game engine, perhaps a naruto theme? Each player can learn 4 different jutsu's either attacking ones or defensive ones. Instead of having ability you could have bloodlines such as sharigan...
It would be like pokemon becoming the best trainer, becoming the best ninja or hokage.

It's just an idea so i thought i'de post it here.
I believe there is a hack or two around here like that, but go for it. I was making something similar to that (albeit with different concepts), but there is one thing I warn you about on the enormity of such a task:

You'll have to make a crapload of sprites.

You'll have to make battle sprites for just about every character, as well as overworld sprites (and you'll have to do ones from every action, from walking, standing still, running, using pokeballs, biking, etc.). However, you'd probably do best to take care of that near the end of the hack.
Old February 25th, 2008, 11:57 AM
snakehead
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by Jack of Bl♠des View Post
I believe there is a hack or two around here like that, but go for it. I was making something similar to that (albeit with different concepts), but there is one thing I warn you about on the enormity of such a task:

You'll have to make a crapload of sprites.

You'll have to make battle sprites for just about every character, as well as overworld sprites (and you'll have to do ones from every action, from walking, standing still, running, using pokeballs, biking, etc.). However, you'd probably do best to take care of that near the end of the hack.
yeh it'll be hard, i'm not looking for a team because i'm only just learning the basics of hacking. I can't een script yet, all i've learn't is how to use advance map (bar the using aditional parts like pokescript)

It won't be something i'll be racing to complete as i havn't got much time on my hands; School and everythings wearing me out. Maybe it's time for me to retire for education, i mean im already 13 and i koinw how to read write and do maths...

Anyway thanks for the advice.
Old February 28th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Byzantinium
Beginning Trainer

Title: Pokemon SovietRed
Hack of: FireRed

Story: Ten years ago, the Soviet Union invaded and conquered the region of Kanto. The Elite Four were wiped out and the Pokemon Gym League was disbanded. While possession of Pokemon is not banned, it is restricted (especially evolution) and the days of preteens roaming the land on Pokemon journeys have ended. Communication has nearly ceased entirely between Kanto and the other regions. After a decade, the major cities are pacified, with Pokemon contests having replaced battling. There is still a large (illegal) Pokemon battling component in the ‘rural’ areas.

Now, it is your 17th birthday. Your father, a professor in Vermillion City, has kept you from many of the Soviet occupation programs by needing you around the lab. Now, he offers you your own Pokemon (considering Vulpix, Pikachu, and Clefairy/Jigglypuff) and tells you to leave the city and see the world while you can, using the Pokedex as cover.

The early part of the game will be ‘sidequests’, until you begin to uncover an underground resistance movement. The sidequests (for lack of a better term), will increasingly begin to focus on your aiding the resistance, until eventually they trust you enough to bring you to their homebase – the Sevii Islands, where you can obtain evolutionary stones and prepare for the outright assault on the Soviet occupation centers.

‘Rival’: Your twin (Red or Leaf, depends on the player’s choice for themselves), a friendly rival, and the one who introduces you to the earliest resistance sidequests. Possibly captured in late game, requiring you to rescue them.

Evil Team: Soviets. Mostly Fire and Steel-type users.

Map: Kanto, with edits. Some based on the future Kanto of GSC, some from a decade of occupation. Some sprite changes, especially to Gyms.

Pokemon: No fan-created. Largely the original Pokemon from Kanto, but the Soviets will have Pokemon from other regions. All Pokemon won’t be catchable. No legendaries until after the game’s story is completed, if then. Considering changing evolution requirements so that most/all Pokemon need elemental stones to evolve.
Old March 16th, 2008, 08:44 AM
arceux
PokemonGoldenSunVersion

Pokemon Johto Legends takes place thirty years before Pokemon Yellow, while most of the region is still mountain and forest. The notorious Team Rocket is just beginning to form and strange sightings in Azaela Forest has caused the new organization to take action. As the story progresses the protagonist learns that Team Rocket wants to exploit Celebi's powers to travel back in time and capture the famed Mew. After defeating the Blackthorn Gym Leader Claire the hero learns that the Elite Four has teamed up with Team Rocket to capture the legendary pokemon Ho-Oh and Lugia who are said to dwell within the distant past. When the Rockets finally open the time portal they are confronted by Ho-Oh and Lugia who take flight and find refuge within the Johto region. After the hero stops the Rockets they angrily travel across the sea to the still mysterious region of Kanto.

If you don't play Mabinogi then you are not awesome like me!!!
Spoiler:

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg.
The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch
at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a
wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the
rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit
a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter
by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot
slpeling was ipmorantt!
fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre

Old March 17th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Ryousha
Waiting for PokeSpe HG/SS

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ryousha
Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Hack of Fire Red!

Based to continue Red's Lighting Yellow/Thunder Yellow.

So far on my theme

I'm up to M.T. Moon - Jesse and Jame's battle.

Starting Pokemon of Game: Pikachu

My other game:

Pokemon Lost in the Future.

You are 16... in the Enzo Region.

Team Rocket,Aqua,and Magma have joined forces into this And has overrun Kanto,Johto and Hoenn.

The 16 year old boy(Casey,... or if u name it someone else) flees the regions and is attacked by a Lugia under Rocket's Control.

In Enzo. Red,blue,green,yellow,gold,crystal,silver,ruby,sapphire, and emerald are all leading the resistance and fights down.

Casey then receives Pika from Red when Red was captures and a pokeball was on the ground.
-------------------------------------------------------------

This is game has revamps of Yellow Sprites.

Also i need few people to revamp the first generation.
Old March 19th, 2008, 06:48 PM
shadowking93
UnStupid

hi everybody...this is my first post, but i got a boatload of ideas! Here's one I randomly made up!(Elite 4 Sam, you took my proffesor name! I'll use it anyways)

Pokemon Vault of Secrets

Hack of Silver

Reign Name: Ankoku Islands

Story:
Welcome to the small town of Khagon, built on the outskirts of the main Ankoku Island. Many of this reigon's greatest trainers had their start here. Here lives the all-important proffesor Prof. Maple. He is the best steel-type trainer around. The residents here favor dark and steel. Nobody knew that they would soon sink into the earth beneath them. One of seven organizations named Groundite, has taken control of the legendary ground pokemon Groudon(primary group.) The town has now been taken under control and need a hero. Their hero is a surprise.

There are three organizations that are villans. You are sixteen and are heir to the Black Flare. Your quest is to end the other organizations and save the legendary pokemon. There's only one problem, everybody wants to be the leader's favorite. Everybody is standing in your way. Your character wishes to become a master trainer, not to follow your father.(others aren'tvery important)

You start off in your house sleeping on your 10th birthday. You're awakened by your father returning home. He gives you a choice of 3 pokemon to start off your adventure. Your father offers: Glacie, Rilou, and Houndour. Choose whatever. You meet your two rivals Gwen and Jeffery. Choose who to battle and they will the last gym leader. The enemy organization with strike and you run out. You will be defeated by the Groundite leader.

You start your quest given to you by your father and defeat Groundite for good. There are nine gyms and the Elite 5. Basic goal, defeat the other six organization and save the legendary pokemon. you also must win all badges and bet elite 5. Travel around islands and become the king of the Ankoku Islands!
Old March 25th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Elite 4 Sam
Steel Type User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowking93 View Post
Elite 4 Sam, you took my proffesor name! I'll use it anyways
Um... no you took my Prof. name.
Yeah, please dont copy me.

My shinies are legit!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply