The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old February 27th, 2008, 12:50 AM
crusader
Beginning Trainer

hello i want to make a mmorpg that is completly origenle and it is set in a new world in the past (not named yet) i need a hellp making it and plz plz plz hellp me
im not shor what it will be made on becase i dont think its posible to have a mmorpg on rm2k3 ok so if u no a program that wold be good reply this is a list of things that i cant do(sum i can but dont want to)

battle system(one that u dont go to another screen and just fight on the map)
mmorpg style( proper mmorpg like runescape)
chip sets maker(medievel type ones that look good)
char set maker(medievel typ ones that look good)
charicter bilding system( so that you can make a charicter how you want)
the inventory,compos,save and all stuff like that
and the typing system

and i think tat is all i need the rest me and my bro can do
if u are interested plese reply oh and soz for spelling im a realy bad speller
Old February 28th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Glitchfinder
Let's all get along, please?

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader View Post
hello i want to make a mmorpg that is completly origenle and it is set in a new world in the past (not named yet) i need a hellp making it and plz plz plz hellp me
im not shor what it will be made on becase i dont think its posible to have a mmorpg on rm2k3 ok so if u no a program that wold be good reply this is a list of things that i cant do(sum i can but dont want to)

battle system(one that u dont go to another screen and just fight on the map)
mmorpg style( proper mmorpg like runescape)
chip sets maker(medievel type ones that look good)
char set maker(medievel typ ones that look good)
charicter bilding system( so that you can make a charicter how you want)
the inventory,compos,save and all stuff like that
and the typing system

and i think tat is all i need the rest me and my bro can do
if u are interested plese reply oh and soz for spelling im a realy bad speller
What exactly is this "rest" that you and your brother can do? I mean, you just gave a pretty comprehensive list of everything required for a good game, and you said you can't do it.

Glitchfinder's Scripts

Old February 28th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

Nature: Naive
Try RPG Maker XP - they have scripts for all the features you want (except chipset maker) at RMXP.org.
Old February 28th, 2008, 09:24 PM
crusader
Beginning Trainer

yes that dose seem a lot but a mmorpg is a big job and im a director and ill pot it all together.

thx for the advice i will try that
Old February 28th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Callydude™
I hide in the darkness

You should learn VB or C++ if you want a game that good, ot else buy an expensive MMORPG making program.I tried making a MMORPG once...I didn't end up very well...

Roxas

The key of Destiny

Old February 29th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Glitchfinder
Let's all get along, please?

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader View Post
yes that dose seem a lot but a mmorpg is a big job and im a director and ill pot it all together.

thx for the advice i will try that
I have a few comments on this. (We get this kind of thing all the time)

1. "Directors" don't get anybody's help. That's because people here only work with you, not under you.

2. Decide on something you can do for the game, other than direct it. For example, an easy one, once you get used to RMXP, would be to be an eventor.

3. If you don't do anything other than lead, you don't get anyone who's willing to let you lead them.

4. "pot"ting it all together won't get anyone's help either. You've got to do something significant.

5. In short, you've got to do some work yourself, or it'll never get off the ground.

(If you think I'm trying to dis you, or being rude, I could have been much ruder. All I'm trying to do is give you some extremely useful advice for game building)

Glitchfinder's Scripts

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links