• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokémon Amethyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Looks really cool. The pokemon quick switching is a good idea. (I say that because I have one like it in my game too :P).
The game is looking great and I'm sure it will play great too. Good job so far. Nice update.

The Smell

Doof-Man
Years
Wow! So there was a problem...

Anyway, I posted a new form for Chatot. It doesn't look very different but, take note it was made from scratch!

Mine -
ChatotADVEdition.png
dpmfa441.png
- Original

ChatotADVEditionUpsize.png

Hope you like it!

~Smell

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
adamb241: It does freeze. I edited it after making the animation to make it clearer.
The Smell: It's OK for a scratch. However, I can see some mistakes:
The lines. Some are too thick - keep them at 1 pixel. Also, too many are black - use darker shades of colour. Finally, they are too straight - they need to look more curved.
Second, there aren't enough colours - you seem to have reused the DP palette. Advance sprites usually have 4 shades of each colour - highlight, base, shadow and line. Since you're not limited to 16 colours, use all those choices.
Thirdly, the shapes: Try not to use the shape tools, but if you do, use shading in the lines. Its head looks a little off; move it across a bit. And its eye is circular on your sprite - it should be circular.
When I sprite, I usually hand-draw a picture, scan it, resize, and go over the lines. As both the people who tried have had problems with Chatot, I'll sprite Chatot myself.
If you want to help, please choose a DP Pokémon you know you can do perfectly; I don't want anything less for the game.
Feel free to do backsprites too. Just make sure the lines/colours/shading is in Advance style, since DP and Advance style sprites clash.

Years
Just some thoughts and ideas: The hair on the trainer below is equally shiney at all times of the day. Not to be picky but it looks odd. Your bearcub has too much color contrast for shadow/light too. It looks synthetic-thread shiney rather than natural-fur shiney, you know?

I think you said you were working on it somewhere but the three shadow species in your opening vid have rough coloring. Their color splotches look like you weren't quite sure when to stop coloring and make it black again. I'm not sure if I'm explaining it right. anyway, just constructive criticism, nothing personal. Want to see this be successful. :)

You story-line sounds like a diamond-pearl copy and basically replaces all the legendaries of that game with new pokemon that fill the same roles. just saying.

Item ideas: Comfort blanket: rare item that induces friendship evolutions upon levelling up. If i come up with another before the next post in this thread I'll just edit, otherwise I'll post again

Falling Star: Sure, we could do with another designer! Can you make scratch sprites?
Yuoaman: How about this?
wichu2do0.png

Anyway, I'm going to be using day-night tinting in battle too. Screens:
screenshot016gf9.png

Morning
screenshot015is8.png

Day
screenshot018bl3.png

Evening
screenshot017iz1.png

Night

And finally, we don't need designers any more. However, I am looking for spriters to sprite the DP Pokémon in Advance style (like Shinx in the screenshots). This is because the DP sprites use a different style from the Advance sprites, and I'm sticking with Advance for this game.
The sprites should be at least as good as my sprites, and should be in 64x64 resolution, scaled up to 128x128. I will not accept simple resizes of DP sprites, as they have a different style. I need backsprites too.
Well, thanks for the replies!

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2009
Giganormous Post Since I've Been Out of the Loop

Note: I can't sprite, and my pre-evos always suck. I am just dumping some of the ideas that have been spinning in my head.

Once Again, Note: I just realized I still have to work on the second one I posted. When I finish it, ill finish it here.

Lokeed

Spoiler:

Protheon

Spoiler:

Last edited:

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
Here are some abilities:
Stone Heart: Prevent Attraction.
Inner Flame: Raises attack power every turn.
Inner Might: Raises defense and speed every turn.
Diamond Skull: Prevent Recoil Damage
Natural Antidote: Prevents Poison.
Cruse Missile: Attacks never miss.
Flame: Raises the power of fire type moves.
Dust Shield: Prevents Status changes.
Sky Light: Reduces the foes accuracy.

How about changing Charcubs name to something like Teracub or Embcub?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Missingno; could you repost them please? They were deleted in the backup.
Everyone else, thanks for the feedback!

Vyro

Master Douchelord
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2014
Dark destiny:
Lower's enemies defense to almost nothing. but raises their attack to max
pp:5
I'll get to the other ones soon

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2009
Here are some abilities:
Stone Heart: Prevent Attraction.
Inner Flame: Raises attack power every turn.
Inner Might: Raises defense and speed every turn.
Diamond Skull: Prevent Recoil Damage
Natural Antidote: Prevents Poison.
Cruse Missile: Attacks never miss.
Flame: Raises the power of fire type moves.
Dust Shield: Prevents Status changes.
Sky Light: Reduces the foes accuracy.

How about changing Charcubs name to something like Teracub or Embcub?

Stone Heart: You mean Oblivious?
Inner Flame/Might: You mean OMG so broken uber?
Diamod Skull: You mean Rock Head?
Natural Antidote: You mean Immunity?
Cruise Missile: You mean No Guard?
Dust Shield: You mean clear body/white smoke?

I don't like Embcub. but Embrcub sounds really good.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Thanks everyone. I updated the first post with a new userbar I made:
Userbar1-1.png

Bakun

Not active here.
Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2012
I can make scratch sprites! I'm doing a scratch Charizard right now :D
It's stilla WIP, but have a look:
2qa65jb.png
:D

Bakun

Not active here.
Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2012
Also, Wichu, I think the head on the dipleaf was a bit strange so i just made my own head and put it over yours :) Also i think you dithered Dipleaf alittle too much :/
257eww8.png
Over is the edited ;) Now its looking at its opponent :)

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
Just wanted to say:

LOVE the battle look =D And the Quick Pokemon Check Thing is awesome =P

Can't wait to see future updates to it =P

Bakun

Not active here.
Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2012
Now to proof i can do scratches:
wi0vab.png

I would like to work here as a spriter :) I only do scratches though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back