The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old Posted March 21st, 2008 (05:50 AM).
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Send a message via AIM to Virtual Chatot
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowking93 View Post
this game looks cool. I love hacks that include new pokemon! one question, how is it a gold hack if its in kanto? and what legendaries can i obtain? thanks in advance
They're mapping Kanto completely from scratch
Old Posted March 21st, 2008 (09:25 AM).
AntiRellik

^GSC has both Johto and Kanto... did you guys NOT know that? O_o
And they're not remapping Kanto from scratch, they're using the current Kanto maps that are in the rom.

Staff Member of Pokemon Orchestral Arrangement. I hope ya'll like our mixes :D
Old Posted March 21st, 2008 (09:34 AM).
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiRellik View Post
^GSC has both Johto and Kanto... did you guys NOT know that? O_o
And they're not remapping Kanto from scratch, they're using the current Kanto maps that are in the rom.
Of course I know that, but I thought they were making it from scratch because the Kanto in G/S has some differences in it.
Old Posted March 21st, 2008 (09:39 AM).
Hat?
Booted out - don't be like me!

Also with GSC having the two regions, there would be left over maps unless you're adding some other places already.

I saw these two rumours on GameFAQs:

Neon Town (from the Anime) gets Vandalized by Jigglypuff
1) Beat the Elite Four 50 times without saving or healing.

Merichu
1) Go to Neon Town and buy all the items.
2) Trade a Lv100 Raichu backwards and forwards with a friend.

I don't know about the trading thing that would be hard to put in but you could put something similar.
Old Posted March 21st, 2008 (09:45 AM).
AntiRellik

Originally Posted by Heatran View Post
Of course I know that, but I thought they were making it from scratch because the Kanto in G/S has some differences in it.
They're almost identical.
Skeetendo just edited the current GSC Kanto maps.

Staff Member of Pokemon Orchestral Arrangement. I hope ya'll like our mixes :D
Old Posted March 21st, 2008 (09:48 AM).
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiRellik View Post
They're almost identical.
Skeetendo just edited the current GSC Kanto maps.
True, but there are some like Cinnabar and Routes that are different.

Can't wait to see what he does with all of the other map space
Old Posted March 21st, 2008 (10:08 AM).
~Red
Meh. Hate me if you will.

Nature: Relaxed
All that extra space is needed with the amount of rumours that went around

I really love this idea, maybe you could implement the PokeGods? As in: Pikablu, Togepy (that's how it was spelt), Rainer, Venustoise, Flareth, Yoshi and my favourite MewThree!
Old Posted March 21st, 2008 (10:43 AM).
Hat?
Booted out - don't be like me!

Well not really, I mean all the pictures in GSC are compressed and saving space, and i'm guessing current data is going to be modified rather than added to. So unless you were going to cram a load of code in there, there should be plenty of left over data to modify (Johto maps).
Old Posted March 21st, 2008 (12:43 PM).
Skeetendo, Inc.
The REAL Pokémon Company

Okay, time to settle this little dispute :p

We are remapping places, because nintendo left some places out completely, and made most routes a LOT smaller and ocasionally goofed around the connection data, so we are expanding an re-doing maps where they need to be and fixing connection data as needed. (For example, go look at how Route 1 and Viridian City connect in RBY vs GSC and then look at how they connect in SaR when you play it )

We will be using a lot of the unused maps to add in that elusive extra region we mentioned on the first post.

As to which legendaries will be obtainable

Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Mewtwo
Mew
Ho-oh
Others

There WILL be Pokegods. We are only using the original 151+ (by 151+ I mean we are including the GSC Pokémon that were rumoured in RBY, such as Ho-oh and Togepy[rumour spelling] and Pikablu) There will be Pokegods. Without them, the Mist Stone would be a bit pointless wouldnt it? :p

Also that being said, with there being Pokegods and Missingno and whatnot catchable, we are disabling trading with other versions. This is merely a safety precaution, since the Pokegods would turn into other normal Pokémon and behave oddly on a non-hacked game, but trading will not be necessary since you will be able to catch 'em all on the one cartridge.

Another thing you may be wondering is: What about this new region? You mentioned it in the into but you haven't mentioned anything about it and what kind of Pokémon will be there? Well, the new region after Kanto is a secret, but we will tell you this for now:
It is a completely new region, not based off any other and not something we have seen before. It will have a seperate evil team from Team Rocket (but Kanto will still have Team Rocket obviously). And the Pokémon will mostly be RBY Pokémon, but there will also be some from other regions, such as Johto or Hoenn or Sinnoh. But that's all we will say for now.

As for the status of the beta, it is not ready yet, I have been fighting with my laptop here recently wanting to upgrade to XP from Vista (yes, you read that right XD) but I will get a lot of scripting and things done this weekend and we will see from there how it goes. But the beta is getting very close at hand. Pewter city is finished and I will be working on re-crafting the routes leading up to Mt Moon and Mt Moon itself, Nintendo butchered the poor things. Anyways, to everyone here, Happy Easter, and thank you all for the rumours and comments!

If you want to be a friend of Skeetendo, just PM us!

Old Posted March 21st, 2008 (01:01 PM).
The Smell
Doof-Man

Nature: Adamant
Happy easter to you too. :)

Looks great! Can't wait to catch Pikablu! ^^

~Smell

Old Posted March 21st, 2008 (03:23 PM).
GMuser
Beginning Trainer

What about pokemon which evolve through trade? In particular, the illusive evolving raichu!

Good luck :)
Old Posted March 21st, 2008 (03:54 PM).
Jimleko
Beginning Trainer

Unfortunatly, I dunno any rumors...but I can't wait to play this hack!
Old Posted March 21st, 2008 (04:39 PM).
dude120
Rom hacker in training

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMuser View Post
What about pokemon which evolve through trade? In particular, the illusive evolving raichu!

Good luck
Doesn't raichu evolve with a thunderstone?
Old Posted March 21st, 2008 (11:21 PM).
~Red

No, Pichu evolves in Pikachu with happiness, Pikachu evolves into Raichu with a thunderstone, its been rumoured that when you complete the pokemon leugue blah di blah and trade Raichu it will evolve!!

~Peace out~
Old Posted March 21st, 2008 (11:29 PM).
GMuser
Beginning Trainer

It's an in game rumor actually:
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.gamemistakes.com/game685
Factual error: Go to Cinnabar Island and go to the lab. There are people there who wants to trade Pokemon. Talk to one of them who wants a Raichu. Have a Raichu with you, and trade. After all the trading animation, talk to the man again. He'll say "The Raichu you traded to me went and evolved!". However, in fact, Raichu doesn't evolve into anything.
Old Posted March 22nd, 2008 (12:34 AM).
~Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMuser View Post
It's an in game rumor actually:
Never noticed that before!
Old Posted March 22nd, 2008 (07:42 PM). Edited March 22nd, 2008 by Skeetendo, Inc..
Skeetendo, Inc.
The REAL Pokémon Company

Indeed, I noticed that back in the RBY days. That bit of text was one of the Holy Grail's of Pikablu fanatics. The most common two rumours as to exactly WHAT his Raichu "went and evolved" into were Pikablu and something called "Queenchu", the latter of which very little is known about. Exactly which of these he will evolve into in SaR is anyone's guess for now. Not even I know what Raichu will evolve into. Only our randomness knows the answer to that. But you couldn't make a rumour hack without an evolving Raichu, just like you can't make one without the man on the roof in cinnibar or the truck rumour. Those are so famous, even people who don't play Pokémon know them I'd wager.

Also, here is a little screenshot for you all to enjoy.

Old Posted March 22nd, 2008 (07:45 PM).
IIMarckus
J946@5488AA97464

Interestingly, the reason the man says that is because in the Japanese Blue version (which our Red and Blue were based off of), you traded him a Kadabra. The translators translated the phrase but didn't change what block of text was called.
Old Posted March 23rd, 2008 (02:15 AM).
~Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeetendo, Inc. View Post
Indeed, I noticed that back in the RBY days. That bit of text was one of the Holy Grail's of Pikablu fanatics. The most common two rumours as to exactly WHAT his Raichu "went and evolved" into were Pikablu and something called "Queenchu", the latter of which very little is known about. Exactly which of these he will evolve into in SaR is anyone's guess for now. Not even I know what Raichu will evolve into. Only our randomness knows the answer to that. But you couldn't make a rumour hack without an evolving Raichu, just like you can't make one without the man on the roof in cinnibar or the truck rumour. Those are so famous, even people who don't play Pokémon know them I'd wager.

Also, here is a little screenshot for you all to enjoy.
Sorry but the picture isnt showing to me :( Owell i see you're putting in Raichu evolving that could be fun!! Oh, btw, in Firered this was fixed.
Old Posted March 23rd, 2008 (08:17 AM).
Yoshimi
☆「GANG-STAR」☆

Well like before the man on the roof was a glitch but then it started to be a true rumour, like missingno or mew catch glitch.
I never got far enough on g/s/c to see that.
But is missingno going to have super glitch or any glitch move in that matter?
Missingno will still evolve into kangaskhan right?
keep up the good work!
Old Posted March 23rd, 2008 (08:29 AM).
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN View Post
Well like before the man on the roof was a glitch but then it started to be a true rumour, like missingno or mew catch glitch.
I never got far enough on g/s/c to see that.
But is missingno going to have super glitch or any glitch move in that matter?
Missingno will still evolve into kangaskhan right?
keep up the good work!
I think it should have its original moveset as it did in Pokemon Red. No reason in making it to uber :/
Old Posted March 23rd, 2008 (11:06 AM). Edited March 23rd, 2008 by ~Red.
~Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatran View Post
I think it should have its original moveset as it did in Pokemon Red. No reason in making it to uber :/
I dont think thats possible because CBM put missingno. in gold once as an Easter Egg but he couldnt code 2 water guns!! It was just Water gun and sky attack.

Also, what's Imakuni?
Old Posted March 23rd, 2008 (11:20 AM).
IIMarckus
J946@5488AA97464

Originally Posted by ashandmisty View Post
Also, what's Imakuni?
Imakuni?, aside from having the most awesome theme music of any Pokemon character, is a guy from the Game Boy game Pokemon TCG who occasionally plays card games with the main character.
Old Posted March 23rd, 2008 (11:30 AM).
~Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIMarckus View Post
Imakuni?, aside from having the most awesome theme music of any Pokemon character, is a guy from the Game Boy game Pokemon TCG who occasionally plays card games with the main character.
Oh i never played the video game of TCG lol. I have a theory on how the Missingno. glitch could work: When you talk to the Old man it triggers an event in which when you surf off the shores of Cinnabar it could start a battle. The event is negated if you get into a battle normally before and after it.
Old Posted March 23rd, 2008 (11:43 AM).
Skeetendo, Inc.
The REAL Pokémon Company

Oh we've already worked how to make it so the Missingno. event will work properly, complete with Item duplication, but no adverse side effects such as messign up your hall of fame data. He will be catchable, and he will have his original moveset (although as was noted before with CBM, Water Gun / Water Gun / Sky Attack must be changed to Water Gun / Sky Attack. This being said, Missingno. has been figured out but not implemented yet, as we haven't gotten to Cinnibar yet you see. But don't worry he will be when the time comes.

Also, I was a bit surprised to know some of you did not know about Imakuni? and all but yes, like CBM we like to reference things. Also note the table the guy is sitting at. Look familiar?

By the way, kudos to anyone who tells me where that screenshot is taken.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links