Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 24th, 2008, 12:21 PM
adamb241
Pokémon Raging Fury

Nature: Brave

Advertise here
Bravo Wichu! The progress you are making in awesome! Love the displays.

\-Pokémon Raging Fury-/
+A new project from Dark Steel Productions+
Old March 24th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Guardian1239
I have much to learn.

Send a message via AIM to Guardian1239
If you need help with move descriptions, I suggest [pokemon.marriland.com]. It's coming out very good so far. Keep up the good work!

~Guardian1239
~Guardian1239

Old March 24th, 2008, 03:03 PM
timmy112
Learning to Hack

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to timmy112
I have an Idea for a Pokemon attack.

Thunderbeam
Type: Electric
PWR: 150
PP: 100
The user rest the next turn

Just an idea.

Last edited by timmy112; March 25th, 2008 at 01:16 PM.
Old March 24th, 2008, 03:11 PM
venom12
Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to venom12
Wichu here is attackdex http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-dp/ .
And game looks great, keep it up.
This signature has been disabled.
Exceeds signature height limit because of broken images.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 24th, 2008, 05:42 PM
jaysonic1991
Sphere Scripter

if you wont a really good offline pokedex/attackdex then visit legendarypokemon. they have a great downloadable one.
i don't have enough posts to post a link. just go to legendarypokemon.net and look for the downloads section.
Old March 25th, 2008, 07:38 AM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

Nature: Naive
Thanks, everyone! I ended up using the downloadable Pokédex data package from Legendary Pokémon, as it contained a text file which I could merge with my Moves.txt file to avoid having to write everything out manually.

Anyway, I made two more animations: one of the Pokémon summary, and one of a battle, showcasing the new HP bar colouring.
Sorry for the bad quality - this is because of the GIF format. But it's better than YouTube's quality (I think), so I'm sticking with it.

The summary screen, with Pokémon and page-turning animations. Notice the egg shakes more when it's about to hatch.

I scripted the HP bar colours to change gradually between green and red. You can see when the Pokémon has half of its HP remaining by the percentage (you used to have to rely on the colour), so I figured why not make the colouring smoother?

Any comments?

EDIT: DP move descriptions fit the space perfectly :D
Old March 25th, 2008, 07:44 AM
BurstX
Some old fart

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to BurstX
omg good job wichu the screens look good, um im tryin really hard to make the startes, but monferno is killing me so ill give youll the seconds togerther, but it might take a while
Old March 25th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Skele
Idea Maker

Next idea.

FLAMING WINGS
Type: Fire
PWR: 80
PP: 20
1/4 damage recoil

<Fire attack for flying pokemon's like Pidgeot>

It's my last idea but i think, best idea. It's very useful for flying pokemons when they must fight with steel and ice pokemons. I know, you must choice 12 ideas, but when you have more you can choose better. Screens are very good, if you complete this game, they can be better like D/P games. Can you add in game attacks animations? Do you need still more ability ideas?

Last edited by Skele; March 25th, 2008 at 08:07 AM.
Old March 25th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

I'll try, but it's not a priority. Do you know how many attacks there are? :S

(There will be around 600 different attacks.)
Old March 25th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Skele
Idea Maker

Yeah, i know, you don't must do this. Your game can be still perfectly. I think, you don't need change HP bar, it's good. Do you want add more fakes or only new starters, Chimecho evolution and Wichu? New ability idea:

SINGING OF GOD - Lowers all opponents stats by 2 stage. <like for some "god" legendary pokemons>
Old March 25th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

There will be more Pokémon, I just haven't announced them yet. I'll be keeping a lot of them secret until you play the game.

And Singing of God is broken - reducing by 2 stages is equal to halving that stat. Even Intimidate, which only lowers one stat by a single stage, is considered to be one of the best abilities.

Anyway, Arceus already has Multitype ;)

Flaming Wings (or just Flaming Wing because of the 12-letter limit) is an awesome idea, though. Maybe I could have it as a TM? Normal-types learning it by level-up just isn't quite right. Although Moltres, Ho-oh and Charizard should be able to learn it by level-up.

EDIT: Making the move animations would take hundreds of times longer than scripting the HP bar.
Old March 25th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Skele
Idea Maker

Yeah but there are more "gods" - Palkia, Dialga, Giratina... You can do with "my moves" all what you want... If you want "SINGING OF GOD" can lower all stats by 1 stage or only random stats by 1 stage. Elemental fangs like FIRE FANG can be learn by level-up for nonfire-types. FLAMING WING it's like elemental fangs.

What do you think about that idea:
Unowns can be ??? type <no weaknesses, resistances and maybe some immunities> and can learn by level-up <lvl 1> "letters attacks" with ??? type like "AaA". For example "FfF" can do damage and freeze opponent, "EeE" can do damage and raises evansion, "???" can be like Metronome. <Unown A can learn "AaA", Unown Y - "YyY">

Last edited by Skele; March 25th, 2008 at 08:44 AM.
Old March 25th, 2008, 08:32 AM
GunSaberSeraph
Durandal of the Devic Era

Nature: Calm
how, this is perfect, almost heavenly... i can't wait until it's done, wow... amazing!!!
Old March 25th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

Actually, all the non-Fire types which learn Fire Fang learn it at level 1, i.e. they can only get it through the Move Relearner.

The idea for a unique move for Unowns is cool - however, I think there should only be one move, which they all learn, but has a different effect depending on the letter. Here's a name possibility - Glyphic Power (from the Greek word glyph, which means symbol).
Old March 25th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Skele
Idea Maker

UNOWN EYE - Give immunity to ???-type moves. <like for Unown>
PREHISTORIC - Give immunity to random-type moves. <like for prehistorical pokemons like Kabuto>

I think it's cool idea with Glyphic Power but you can do different effect for all letters? What you think about give some "1 move" pokemon some additional moves, like for Smeargle, Ditto and give attack SKETCH for some another pokemons like Unown, Mew, Togepi?

PAINT ATTACK
Type: Normal
PWR: --
PP: 10
Change randomly opponents type.

I think that can be good attack for Smeargle. Maybe you can give Smeargle evolution with better stats.

Last edited by Skele; March 25th, 2008 at 09:08 AM.
Old March 25th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

For Unown Eye, there aren't any damaging ??? type moves - the only ??? type move is Curse.
Prehistoric is an OK idea, but how does the effect have to do with the Pokémon being prehistoric?

Yeah, I will give each letter a different effect.
I think Smeargle and Ditto should keep their only move, as what else could Ditto do apart from transform? Also, even if it had other moves, it wouldn't be able to use them after it transformed. As for Smeargle, it can already learn virtually any other attack (except for Chatter, as it can't change its cry, and eventually, Glyphic Power, as it doesn't have a letter).
Giving Sketch to other Pokémon would be a bad idea, because Mew and Togekiss are already very powerful. Could you imagine how broken they'd be if they could learn any move? And how is Unown supposed to sketch something anyway? It has no hands :S

Anyway, I made the animation for the Pokémon icons when they are affected by a status condition, as on Diamond/Pearl.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the egg hatched :D
Old March 25th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Skele
Idea Maker

UNOWN EYE and PREHISTORIC should be new abilities and i think GLYPHIC POWER can be ???-type. UNOWN EYE can give immunity for all ??? moves <ghost Curse, Glyphic Power>. You can give some new ??? moves like:

STRANGE <Special>
Type: ???
PWR: 40
PP: 25
May confuse opponent or disable one of opponent moves for 4 turns.

WHY?
PP: 5
User faints and all opponent moves are now in user type.

SUGGESTION
Heal 1/2 user HP and heal all status problem but cuts PP of one other user move.

RESET
Heal user and opponent HP and status problems.

ABYSS <Physical>
PWR: 140
User can't use now this move.

BIG EYE <Special>
PWR: 150
User cannot attack next turn.

You can also give me old idea move "NEVER" with ??? instead Dark type. All ??? moves can be unavoidable but ??? don't have any weakness and resistances and nobody have weakness or resistances for ??? type.

Last edited by Skele; March 25th, 2008 at 09:45 AM.
Old March 25th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

Well, I'm currently reserving ???-type moves for Shadow Pokémon (as on Colosseum/XD). Therefore, having ??? as a separate type would just confuse people further. In fact, I'm considering changing Curse to Ghost-type.

Your move effect ideas are pretty good, but I don't really like the names. They're quite simple compared to other move names. Could I use some of those effects on moves, but give them a different name and type?
Old March 25th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Skele
Idea Maker

Yeah, of course. Do, what you want. And what you think about PREHISTORIC like a ability? What's type you want give for GLYPHIC POWER? Psychic or Normal? In your game all pokemon will be catchable with normal method? <fight and catch> I think you can give pokemon area with starters evolution after pokemon league.

Last edited by Skele; March 25th, 2008 at 09:56 AM.
Old March 25th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

Yeah, it's a nice name. I think its effect should be slightly changed though - perhaps it should lower the opponent's speed depending on how many times it has evolved. For example, it would lower Charizard's speed by 2, since it's evolved twice, Gyarados's speed by 1, since it has evolved once, and Pokémon like Heracross should be unaffected since they haven't evolved.

This ties into the ancient theme, since animals are generally believed to have been less evolved during prehistoric times, so more evolved Pokémon would be given a penalty (like speed lowering, since they wouldn't be as adapted to moving around in prehistoric conditions).
Old March 25th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Skele
Idea Maker

I think it's good idea. What about my idea with catching starters evolution after league? What you want do with all of pokemon legendaries? Events for all?
Old March 25th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

Well, I want to be able to have online trading, so you could breed and trade your starter to other people, and get all of them that way. Even if I can't make the trading, I'll still let you make your Pokémon into Mystery Gifts, so you can transfer them between games.
With legendaries, I'm going to have an event for each one, for example for Rayquaza, you see Groudon and Kyogre fighting and have to get Rayquaza to help. (This is just an example, it own't necessarily be in the game.) However, some Pokémon, like Mew, Celebi etc. will only have an event if you get a Mystery Gift (don't worry, you won't have to go anywhere for it - it will be downloadable from the internet).
Old March 25th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Skele
Idea Maker

What user need do for Mystery Gift number? Can i clone pokemons in game?
Old March 25th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

For the Mystery Gift, it will not be a code. It will be a file, which you will be able to put up on a website and allow someone to download it. However, only one person will be able to use it, as you will have to put in the name and trainer ID of the person you want to give it to.
I won't have a cloning cheat on purpose, don't worry. And I have a way to stop people cloning Pokémon through copying save files and trading/Mystery Gifting, but I'll need to learn a bit more about scripting if I want to put it in.

Anyway, I have to go now. I might be back soon :)
Old March 25th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Skele
Idea Maker

Do you want give some special Mystery Gifts? Like Legends, Shiny Legends, special pokemons holds special items?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here