• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: ~~Pokemon Battle Fire~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2010
I asked her that a while but she said she was realeasing by betas.
Horray!!!!!!!
Concorde actually posted here again.
So, it's great we can plzy a poland beta, but what I don't get is what u said.
When it's time for u to release the hack, will u release a beta or the full version?

DHF

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2009
Hmm, I was looking at this before I joined. You're definitely a good spriter, and your work reminds me of some of the better stuff in the "It's Evolving" contest at Pixeljoint. I think a few could be done better, though. I'm not saying they're poor, but that you've probably gotten better over the course of making all those Pokemon. Most notably are 18, 22, 23, 24, 27, 28, 80, 81, 127 and 128. I could be missing a few, but I trust your best judgment. :P

It definitely looks interesting and I hope it comes out nice. I'll have to drop another comment after playing the demo, I suppose.

EDIT: Alright, I played right up until I beat the Team Magma Grunt. Obviously the story needs some changing, but I'm sure you were getting to that. One of my disappointments was that the region is still the same, just with different maps. While the Pokemon do give the game a new feel to it, that's severely restricted by the maps. In fact, this is why I didn't like Pokemon Quartz. The moves obviously need some updated. I don't think the first rival battle should be so hard. As there's not much strategy involved in a tough battle when it's just your starter. It just causes unnecessary grinding.

Hopefully a lot of things get remade. Overworlds, tiles, gyms, etc. With your abilities this hack has a lot of potential. I'll be keeping my eye on it. :3

Last edited:

Prinny

Prinny Overlord
Years
Just got into the hacked Pokemon roms thing recently, as well as joined the PokeComunity forums today. I've been looking for the best, kind of ironic when it seems alot of projects are comming to fruition lately. I'm suprised that many of the hacks are utilizing some on the newer games as source material.

Your version looks great, i love the new pokemon you have created. There are some i can already see my team building upon.

I look forward to the final version.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Hey Concorde, this might be a stupid question but u did import all of the pokemon to the rom right?

Art

GSC Master
Years
This hack looks really nice. You and your friends have done a great job creating new pokemon, (as far as looks go) if they have realistic movesets also this game could turn out to be really great. Of course, graphics arent everything... Hopefully the story and mapping will be of the same quality. Judging by the attenion to detail on your graphics alone though, I have to say that I am not too worried. On a somewhat unrelated note, the female character's graphic on the battle screen reminds me of Kagome from Inuyasha. =)

~Areku-San

Pokemon Darkblue Author
Years
Wow, i'm very impressed with the FakeDex of Hoenn! Its totally changed!
But the tiles, graphics and scripts, im sorry for say it, but... sucks.
Dont worry, you are the best spriter what i know... =D
Dont change this... Hehe.
Good luck, Concorde in your next Beta ^^
See you!

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2008
hey,
i have downloaded you game, and have been playing it for a while. But i am stuck at the part after you find steven, when you go to Slateport. I get there, but there are boulders blocking me. What do i do?

smgforlife

Pendragon Fanatic
Years
Where are ppl downloading from? I looked through this entire thing and there was not a one download link to be found. UGH!!!

Razor Ramon

Undefeated in D/P
Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2010
im playing it on my ds man its really good i cant belive its only a beta!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back