• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Secrets and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 4, 2008
Wow, this looks great!!! I can't wait to play it! That's such a great idea. :]

aerowolf

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Apr 11, 2009
I'm really looking forward to this game. Although, the glitch of the old man and Missingno with the super-high level Pokemon surfing on Cinnibar...I had an interesting experience. It seems the Pokemon change with your trainer's name, as my name was Andrew, and I saw both Mewtwos and Golducks...I had around 10 level 145-255 mewtwos at one point. I don't remember exactly which parts of the name made it to be those Pokemon, however...I'll search it up.

Also, there was a very nice glitch in that if you go straight to Cinnibar after being in a Safari Zone section and surf, you get that zone's Pokemon in the water (you can't go anywhere else tho...and it doesn't stack with the super-high level Pokemon glitch either). I loved this because it made catching the really difficult Pokemon (i.e. Scyther, Chansey) very easy...especially if you glitch-duplicated your Masterball previously...

Those were the two I used a lot and remember.

**EDIT**

I found the page that tells what Pokemon and level you get from what your name is:
(What? I still don't have 15 posts? Grrr!)
h t t p : / / g l i t c h c i t y . i n f o / m i s c / n a m e g e n 2

S
trange...I definatelly remember a Golduck, but the data says Snorlax...maybe there was one of those too...it's been way too long...

Anyway, hope this helps!

***/EDIT***

Last edited:

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years
I'm really looking forward to this game. Although, the glitch of the old man and Missingno with the super-high level Pokemon surfing on Cinnibar...I had an interesting experience. It seems the Pokemon change with your trainer's name, as my name was Andrew, and I saw both Mewtwos and Golducks...I had around 10 level 145-255 mewtwos at one point. I don't remember exactly which parts of the name made it to be those Pokemon, however...I'll search it up.

Also, there was a very nice glitch in that if you go straight to Cinnibar after being in a Safari Zone section and surf, you get that zone's Pokemon in the water (you can't go anywhere else tho...and it doesn't stack with the super-high level Pokemon glitch either). I loved this because it made catching the really difficult Pokemon (i.e. Scyther, Chansey) very easy...especially if you glitch-duplicated your Masterball previously...

Those were the two I used a lot and remember.

**EDIT**

I found the page that tells what Pokemon and level you get from what your name is:
(What? I still don't have 15 posts? Grrr!)
h t t p : / / g l i t c h c i t y . i n f o / m i s c / n a m e g e n 2

S
trange...I definatelly remember a Golduck, but the data says Snorlax...maybe there was one of those too...it's been way too long...

Anyway, hope this helps!

***/EDIT***

That happened to me aswell, my name is Nathan and i remember getting level 80 mews...

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2012
As long as Sapusaur, Charcolt, and Rainer are in it I'm happy. Keep up the good work. Though one question, if you do put those three pokegods in, will they evolve from Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise like in the rumors?

~Red

Years
As long as Sapusaur, Charcolt, and Rainer are in it I'm happy. Keep up the good work. Though one question, if you do put those three pokegods in, will they evolve from Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise like in the rumors?

I'm sure they will seeing as Charcolt and Rainer are the most popular. It is possible to make 3rd evolutions evolve.

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
Years
Well since the wild Pok?mon you encounter using the Missingno. glitch are determined by the characters you used to type your name, the ones you encounter will vary based on what your name was. This portion and the Safari Zone portion we are still debating if we want to add in, since afterall they were glitches not rumours, but there will most likely be these included, or at least something similar to enable that type of thing. However, we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Also yes, they WILL evolve from their respective pokemon, they won't just be standalone people. They will be how you expected ^.^

Last edited:

aerowolf

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Apr 11, 2009
Hmmm...I would support the Safari Zone at least, 'cuz it's a real...annoyance trying to catch Chansey, Scyther, etc in Safari Zone...

A possible idea for how to enable which of the high-level Pokemon appear, maybe it could be like the Feebas tiles. Ya know, the phrase taken can be the one that is used in the same way the trainer name was. Just an idea on how to impliment it.

~Red

Years
Hmmm...I would support the Safari Zone at least, 'cuz it's a real...annoyance trying to catch Chansey, Scyther, etc in Safari Zone...

A possible idea for how to enable which of the high-level Pokemon appear, maybe it could be like the Feebas tiles. Ya know, the phrase taken can be the one that is used in the same way the trainer name was. Just an idea on how to impliment it.

I remember it took me 2 hours to find Chansey only for it to just run away...

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
Years
Haha, that was a dummy screenshot taken. That isn't even Missingno.'s actual pic if you look at it right. He has his actul pic from RB now and while you theoretically could face him with an Eevee, it would be because you are deciding to be doofy not because he is that early in the game.

mcrc

Up and coming rapper
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 19, 2014
i remember this hack from when i was a lurker on these forums, glad to see its back up and running dude can't wait to see more of your work

~Red

Years
What's the matter with you!? You're posting this again? I said read the rules!!!:disappoin

lol, dont worry prince, some people are nutty.

Ontopic: How's this hack going? I hope you havent abandoned it again...but im not doubting you, i've got school aswell so i know how it feels, its just i seem to manage to find time for my hack!!

Owell, good luck.

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
Years
Hey everyone, sorry its been a bit since an update. I have been very busy with things in real life, such as classes and the fact that every time i turn around I am having to work on my truck or take it to a shop because of random crap going out on it (its a 1997 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71) And also the connection data to route 3 is proving to be a much larger hassle that route 1 and 2 were for some unknown reason, so that is what's going on. Hopefully this will all come together shortly and we can get on with it and get the beta out. Also, I will want to talk with Pyro about this but there is a possibility if it proves annoying we can release a beta that is through pewter instead of through mt moon. Still up in the air though.

~Red

Years
Hey everyone, sorry its been a bit since an update. I have been very busy with things in real life, such as classes and the fact that every time i turn around I am having to work on my truck or take it to a shop because of random crap going out on it (its a 1997 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71) And also the connection data to route 3 is proving to be a much larger hassle that route 1 and 2 were for some unknown reason, so that is what's going on. Hopefully this will all come together shortly and we can get on with it and get the beta out. Also, I will want to talk with Pyro about this but there is a possibility if it proves annoying we can release a beta that is through pewter instead of through mt moon. Still up in the air though.

Yay! Updates!! I dont care where it goes to as long as it is released!! Route 3 connection data? Why would you need to change seeing as Kanto is already in Gold? Unless you are making it from scratch...

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Oh crap I remebered a rumor. In Blue/Red/Yellow there was one were if you flip through the whole catalog of pokemon on the title screen the one after the whatever number (cause looking at all 150 is pretty hard I tried) will be mew. Click start click continue and you start at your home. Your mom says to you oh good your up oak wanted to speak to you he tells you after you catch all 150 that you can ride the s.s anne to newborn Island were you have the chance to catch mew. I believed this so much I went through 50 batteries or so

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Oh crap I remebered a rumor. In Blue/Red/Yellow there was one were if you flip through the whole catalog of pokemon on the title screen the one after the whatever number (cause looking at all 150 is pretty hard I tried) will be mew. Click start click continue and you start at your home. Your mom says to you oh good your up oak wanted to speak to you he tells you after you catch all 150 that you can ride the s.s anne to newborn Island were you have the chance to catch mew. I believed this so much I went through 50 batteries or so

I remember that rumored and tried it, although I used a plugin pack instead x3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back