The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 23rd, 2008, 11:58 AM
IIMarckus
J946@5488AA97464

The table is a card table. ...Is this the Pewter Museum? I see a space shuttle.
Old March 23rd, 2008, 12:13 PM
Skeetendo, Inc.
The REAL Pokémon Company

You would be correct sir! The top floor was always a bit boring and the museum as a whole was always a bit pointless, but there will actually be a point to it as well as it being more interesting this time around. Plus there will be fossils, for everyone who thinks that fossils are cool

If you want to be a friend of Skeetendo, just PM us!

Old March 23rd, 2008, 11:44 PM
~Red
Meh. Hate me if you will.

Nature: Relaxed
I've just remembered another rumour!! Apparently the water in Silph beuilding was meant to have Blastoises in it. This was never comfirmed so i guess its a rumour lol.
Old March 24th, 2008, 07:06 AM
Waris
Jirachi is my homeboy

Location: Sakaki the second. The second. I know it's not a location, but wth.
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Waris Send a message via Yahoo to Waris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeetendo, Inc. View Post
Indeed, I noticed that back in the RBY days. That bit of text was one of the Holy Grail's of Pikablu fanatics. The most common two rumours as to exactly WHAT his Raichu "went and evolved" into were Pikablu and something called "Queenchu", the latter of which very little is known about. Exactly which of these he will evolve into in SaR is anyone's guess for now. Not even I know what Raichu will evolve into. Only our randomness knows the answer to that. But you couldn't make a rumour hack without an evolving Raichu, just like you can't make one without the man on the roof in cinnibar or the truck rumour. Those are so famous, even people who don't play Pokémon know them I'd wager.

Also, here is a little screenshot for you all to enjoy.
There has to be another question mark at the end. Imakuni?'s name ends in a question mark.

You can look all you want, it's fine =D

Old March 24th, 2008, 07:20 AM
Skeetendo, Inc.
The REAL Pokémon Company

Ah yes, quite. Simple typo, will be immediately rectified. Thank you for pointing that one out!

Old March 24th, 2008, 09:25 PM
GMuser
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashandmisty View Post
I've just remembered another rumour!! Apparently the water in Silph beuilding was meant to have Blastoises in it. This was never comfirmed so i guess its a rumour lol.
I heard a variation of the rumor which involved making your way through the power plant, getting teleported to silph water and encountering pikablu :P
Old March 24th, 2008, 09:55 PM
AlexPriest
The Last of a Generation

Send a message via AIM to AlexPriest Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to AlexPriest Send a message via Yahoo to AlexPriest
I've been watching this lately and am literally shaking in anticipation. It's actually pretty amazing this hasn't really been done and finished before.

I would name off some rumors I've heard, but I can't remember which one's I heard going around a lot or which ones I made up.
Old March 26th, 2008, 08:37 AM
~Red

It's funny how people can make so many rumours!! I know tons, I've already told you loads but here's one my friend can remember being told:

Goto the pokemon center in Pewter and listen to Jigglypuff's song 100 times then fly to Cinnabar island and surf up and down half-land half-water untill you come across a mutant Jigglypuff. Catch it and take it to Professer Oak and he will tell you S.S.Anne has returned. Goto S.S.Anne and you will go to Johto.

How silly is that!!
Old March 27th, 2008, 06:50 AM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Send a message via AIM to Virtual Chatot
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashandmisty View Post
It's funny how people can make so many rumours!! I know tons, I've already told you loads but here's one my friend can remember being told:

Goto the pokemon center in Pewter and listen to Jigglypuff's song 100 times then fly to Cinnabar island and surf up and down half-land half-water untill you come across a mutant Jigglypuff. Catch it and take it to Professer Oak and he will tell you S.S.Anne has returned. Goto S.S.Anne and you will go to Johto.

How silly is that!!
I remember something like that, except it was a sandshrew and you went to the orange islands instead :/
Old March 28th, 2008, 12:46 AM
Skeetendo, Inc.
The REAL Pokémon Company

Well right now we are still on the routes containing Mt Moon, and the demo will go through Mt Moon. Once I can find time outside of bloody classes to repoint/expand the maps and calculate the new connection data for said routes, it will probably be a matter of a couple days before the beta is released. Other than that it is simple trainer and NPC scripts for the most part which take no time to code. So it should be very soon, but no actual release date is set. We hate to set release dates as things tend to get rushed and we like for releases to be as bug-free as possible.

Old March 28th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Quarab58
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Quarab58 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Quarab58 Send a message via Yahoo to Quarab58
Wow, this looks great!!! I can't wait to play it! That's such a great idea. :]
Old March 28th, 2008, 08:01 PM
aerowolf
Beginning Hacker

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to aerowolf Send a message via Yahoo to aerowolf
I'm really looking forward to this game. Although, the glitch of the old man and Missingno with the super-high level Pokemon surfing on Cinnibar...I had an interesting experience. It seems the Pokemon change with your trainer's name, as my name was Andrew, and I saw both Mewtwos and Golducks...I had around 10 level 145-255 mewtwos at one point. I don't remember exactly which parts of the name made it to be those Pokemon, however...I'll search it up.

Also, there was a very nice glitch in that if you go straight to Cinnibar after being in a Safari Zone section and surf, you get that zone's Pokemon in the water (you can't go anywhere else tho...and it doesn't stack with the super-high level Pokemon glitch either). I loved this because it made catching the really difficult Pokemon (i.e. Scyther, Chansey) very easy...especially if you glitch-duplicated your Masterball previously...

Those were the two I used a lot and remember.

**EDIT**

I found the page that tells what Pokemon and level you get from what your name is:
(What? I still don't have 15 posts? Grrr!)
h t t p : / / g l i t c h c i t y . i n f o / m i s c / n a m e g e n 2

S
trange...I definatelly remember a Golduck, but the data says Snorlax...maybe there was one of those too...it's been way too long...

Anyway, hope this helps!

***/EDIT***

Last edited by aerowolf; March 28th, 2008 at 08:52 PM. Reason: More Info
Old March 29th, 2008, 02:37 AM
~Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerowolf View Post
I'm really looking forward to this game. Although, the glitch of the old man and Missingno with the super-high level Pokemon surfing on Cinnibar...I had an interesting experience. It seems the Pokemon change with your trainer's name, as my name was Andrew, and I saw both Mewtwos and Golducks...I had around 10 level 145-255 mewtwos at one point. I don't remember exactly which parts of the name made it to be those Pokemon, however...I'll search it up.

Also, there was a very nice glitch in that if you go straight to Cinnibar after being in a Safari Zone section and surf, you get that zone's Pokemon in the water (you can't go anywhere else tho...and it doesn't stack with the super-high level Pokemon glitch either). I loved this because it made catching the really difficult Pokemon (i.e. Scyther, Chansey) very easy...especially if you glitch-duplicated your Masterball previously...

Those were the two I used a lot and remember.

**EDIT**

I found the page that tells what Pokemon and level you get from what your name is:
(What? I still don't have 15 posts? Grrr!)
h t t p : / / g l i t c h c i t y . i n f o / m i s c / n a m e g e n 2

S
trange...I definatelly remember a Golduck, but the data says Snorlax...maybe there was one of those too...it's been way too long...

Anyway, hope this helps!

***/EDIT***
That happened to me aswell, my name is Nathan and i remember getting level 80 mews...
Old March 29th, 2008, 05:14 AM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Send a message via AIM to Virtual Chatot
I remember getting hundreds of level 142 Starmies that way

Ah, Good Memories <3~
Old March 29th, 2008, 09:17 PM
japanzb
Beginning Trainer

As long as Sapusaur, Charcolt, and Rainer are in it I'm happy. Keep up the good work. Though one question, if you do put those three pokegods in, will they evolve from Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise like in the rumors?
Old March 30th, 2008, 02:11 AM
~Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by japanzb View Post
As long as Sapusaur, Charcolt, and Rainer are in it I'm happy. Keep up the good work. Though one question, if you do put those three pokegods in, will they evolve from Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise like in the rumors?
I'm sure they will seeing as Charcolt and Rainer are the most popular. It is possible to make 3rd evolutions evolve.
Old March 30th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Skeetendo, Inc.
The REAL Pokémon Company

Well since the wild Pokémon you encounter using the Missingno. glitch are determined by the characters you used to type your name, the ones you encounter will vary based on what your name was. This portion and the Safari Zone portion we are still debating if we want to add in, since afterall they were glitches not rumours, but there will most likely be these included, or at least something similar to enable that type of thing. However, we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Also yes, they WILL evolve from their respective pokemon, they won't just be standalone people. They will be how you expected ^.^

Last edited by Skeetendo, Inc.; March 30th, 2008 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Sugarcult - She's the Blade
Old March 30th, 2008, 07:27 PM
aerowolf
Beginning Hacker

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to aerowolf Send a message via Yahoo to aerowolf
Hmmm...I would support the Safari Zone at least, 'cuz it's a real...annoyance trying to catch Chansey, Scyther, etc in Safari Zone...

A possible idea for how to enable which of the high-level Pokemon appear, maybe it could be like the Feebas tiles. Ya know, the phrase taken can be the one that is used in the same way the trainer name was. Just an idea on how to impliment it.
Old March 31st, 2008, 01:41 AM
~Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerowolf View Post
Hmmm...I would support the Safari Zone at least, 'cuz it's a real...annoyance trying to catch Chansey, Scyther, etc in Safari Zone...

A possible idea for how to enable which of the high-level Pokemon appear, maybe it could be like the Feebas tiles. Ya know, the phrase taken can be the one that is used in the same way the trainer name was. Just an idea on how to impliment it.
I remember it took me 2 hours to find Chansey only for it to just run away...
Old April 2nd, 2008, 04:38 AM
SW47
Beginning Trainer

A level 5 Eevee V.S a level 145 Misstingo?
Old April 2nd, 2008, 08:45 AM
Skeetendo, Inc.
The REAL Pokémon Company

Haha, that was a dummy screenshot taken. That isn't even Missingno.'s actual pic if you look at it right. He has his actul pic from RB now and while you theoretically could face him with an Eevee, it would be because you are deciding to be doofy not because he is that early in the game.

Old April 4th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Neti
Follow @PokeNeti on Twitter

i really like the idea of this hack, it will be great to play it!
Old April 4th, 2008, 02:27 PM
mcrc
Up and coming rapper

Send a message via AIM to mcrc Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to mcrc
i remember this hack from when i was a lurker on these forums, glad to see its back up and running dude can't wait to see more of your work

My Trade Shop

My solo music:
www.soundcloud.com/rahatc

My EDM-Rap group Kollidescope:
www.soundcloud.com/kollidescope
Old April 10th, 2008, 04:24 AM
~Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince112 View Post
What's the matter with you!? You're posting this again? I said read the rules!!!:disappoin
lol, dont worry prince, some people are nutty.

Ontopic: How's this hack going? I hope you havent abandoned it again...but im not doubting you, i've got school aswell so i know how it feels, its just i seem to manage to find time for my hack!!

Owell, good luck.
Old April 10th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Skeetendo, Inc.
The REAL Pokémon Company

Hey everyone, sorry its been a bit since an update. I have been very busy with things in real life, such as classes and the fact that every time i turn around I am having to work on my truck or take it to a shop because of random crap going out on it (its a 1997 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71) And also the connection data to route 3 is proving to be a much larger hassle that route 1 and 2 were for some unknown reason, so that is what's going on. Hopefully this will all come together shortly and we can get on with it and get the beta out. Also, I will want to talk with Pyro about this but there is a possibility if it proves annoying we can release a beta that is through pewter instead of through mt moon. Still up in the air though.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links