The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 20th, 2008, 07:12 AM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

Nature: Naive
Sebbe17: The overworlds are good. However, the legs of the front sprite look strange. They're a little too rounded, and the legs nearer the viewer should be lower down than the legs away from the viewer.

Anyway, a new feature - Reverse Pokémon!

Reverse Pokémon are similar to Shiny Pokémon, as they have different colourings than normal Pokémon, and are rarer than normal Pokémon (but commoner than shinies). However, unlike shinies, there is a significant difference in battle: Reverse Pokémon have noticeably higher stats than normal and shiny Pokémon. Also, again unlike shinies, a skilled player may be able to find a trick to getting them. Here's a clue:

A Reverse Pokémon usually has two of the body colours of the Pokémon switched. However, on some Pokémon, this isn't possible (for example, Ditto), or it would look really strange with switched colours (like Charizard), so they will have a new palette.

Oh, and if you're wondering, you can catch reverse legendaries as well, though good luck with that! Here's an example:

And as a leaving thought, it is rumoured you can catch reverse shinies, though this will probably only happen once in a million years, with the combined rarity of the two
Old April 20th, 2008, 07:42 AM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Send a message via AIM to Virtual Chatot
This game just gets better and better...seriously ;P

Can't wait to see a Reverse Chatot :D
Old April 20th, 2008, 06:28 PM
HeavyOctillery
Locked & Loaded

This game looks quite impressive, and I like the plot. I'm not too keen on Wichu (the Pokemon, not you ), but I'm glad you're giving Chimecho an evo - it's been desperately needing one. Also, I like the Reverse Pokemon idea; just having 1 regular type of Pokemon variation (not counting gender variation) never seemed like enough to me.

Maybe by the time I get a new comp (my current one won't handle XP), I'll be able to play it.

*EDIT* I just saw your PBR-type custom trainer feature; very nice. It makes me wonder why D/P never put that in.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by HeavyOctillery; April 20th, 2008 at 06:39 PM.
Old April 20th, 2008, 07:52 PM
O.G. Duke
a.k.a OmegaGroudon

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to O.G. Duke
Really good feature.
You're a skilled Game Developer.
It looked pretty impressed, good luck with it!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old April 21st, 2008, 01:45 AM
legendtaker
I steal legends. MWAHAHAHA

Location: somewhere in atlantis with the easter bunny under a rock
this game is looking awesome. since i first saw it it has improve loads

RESCUE RANGER IS DA BOMB!!!!!!!!!!
Hacks I support.
Spoiler:

Old April 21st, 2008, 07:54 AM
Jynx Middata
a.k.a houndoomrulz

I could o the reverse colour pokemon. I've already done a few:

Spoiler:

Name:  Reversecol 1.PNG
Views: 470
Size:  1.1 KB
Bulbasaur

Name:  Reversecol 2.PNG
Views: 448
Size:  1.7 KB
Ivysaur

Click image for larger version

Name:	Reversecol 3.PNG
Views:	45
Size:	3.0 KB
ID:	40419
Venasaur

Click image for larger version

Name:	Reversecol 243.PNG
Views:	50
Size:	2.9 KB
ID:	40420
Raikou

These are just examples considering they aren't scratch-sprited.
Old April 21st, 2008, 07:55 AM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jynx Middata View Post
I could o the reverse colour pokemon. I've already done a few:

Spoiler:

These are just examples considering they aren't scratch-sprited.
They aren't really following the style of Wichu, and they don't look that reversed, only recolored.
Old April 21st, 2008, 08:07 AM
simplynaruto
Booted out - don't be like me!

Wow nice game. I really will support it for the 4 weeks I am on these forums. Anyway I would like to ask is the reversed rate some were in the 4000 or the 3000. Also if its reversed and shiny what would it look like. For example since a charizard shiny is one of
the best is that going to change. Like it would be blue and white or something like that?
Also I got some ideas. These ideas lead to other shiny/reverse pokemon
1. You know how pokemon eventually die? Why not make in the laverder town style tower dual type ghosts of dead pokemon with a new pallete. Likea ghost/fire charizard that is ghostly.
2. Instead of makeing the pokemon reversed why not beefed up like a super sayin. When they come in to battle you also have a wave of power go around them.
Thats all I can offer.
Old April 21st, 2008, 07:41 PM
New Age Retro Hippie
No matter where I am, I...

Location: On the Outskirts of Onett, Twoson, and Podunk, with my toothbrush
These features are precisely the reason why I support this game. If you follow through with this, as I am sure you will, this shall easily be one of the best Pokemon fangames EVER. Clothes change, new shiny-esque colour alternative, this'll be absolutely amazing.

Aorio is to blame for this masterpiece.
Old April 22nd, 2008, 12:22 AM
Sexycheese
Bye :)

Impressive.....This looks very good....
Old April 22nd, 2008, 02:10 AM
Skele
Idea Maker

Maybe that can be better if Shiny pokemons have better Defense and Sp. Defense than normal pokemons and Reverse better Attack and Sp. Attack? If pokemon it's Shiny Reverse, they can have all better stats and maybe another special effect like Pressure <with still normal ability effects>.

I think there can't be Shiny or Reverse legendary pokemons because Shiny and Reverse are exceptions to generaly normal pokemons. They can't be any exceptions in one-person group because exception of one object is general and if any player catch, for example, Reverse Groundon, there are now general version of Groundon and now there can't be any "Normal" or "Shiny" Groundons in game because in world is only one Groundon and he is Reverse. In one-person group can't be 3 alternative excluding versions of object in group, that is illoligacal. In online battles in fight normal version of legendary vs. another version of that same legendary, there can be paralogism leading to breach of continuum laws. Also, I think Nintendo theory of shiny legendaries are illogical too. I think, there can't be possibility to have two same legendary pokemons in one game <maybe can't trade legendaries with Mystery Gift (only Wichu can give with Mystery Gift items needed to open legendary events> and i think there can be restriction in PvP online battles - there can't be use any legendary pokemons. Yeah, i have Logic in studies.

You can add in game two new items:

Old Mirror - Can change Normal Pokemon into Reverse Pokemon. Can't be use if pokemon is already Shiny or Reverse and if pokemon is legendary. <obtainable after battling Darkrai (use itemfinder)>

Lunar Dust - Can change Normal Pokemon into Shiny Pokemon. Can't be use if pokemon is already Shiny or Reverse and if pokemon is legendary. <obtainable after battling Cresselia (use itemfinder)>

And i have question, Shiny Reverse pokemons have Shiny colouring, Reverse colouring, Shiny version of Reverse colouring, Reverse version of Shiny colouring or new, other, special colouring? Can you show example of Shiny Reverse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplynaruto View Post
2. Instead of makeing the pokemon reversed why not beefed up like a super sayin. When they come in to battle you also have a wave of power go around them.
No! Please don't link Pokemon with Dragon Ball. I think it's horrifying idea. I don't want Absol SSJ3

Last edited by Skele; April 22nd, 2008 at 02:44 AM.
Old April 22nd, 2008, 01:34 PM
legendtaker
I steal legends. MWAHAHAHA

Location: somewhere in atlantis with the easter bunny under a rock
lol agreed with that one.

RESCUE RANGER IS DA BOMB!!!!!!!!!!
Hacks I support.
Spoiler:

Old April 22nd, 2008, 01:37 PM
simplynaruto
Booted out - don't be like me!

Whtevr just thought it randomly
Old April 23rd, 2008, 03:21 AM
tautologous
Unnecessary Repetition

I swear I'm in love with Axolitl - it's AWESOME =D
This is looking really cool! Stick with it, I reckon it's going to be really popular =)

tautologous xx.
Burn With The Power Of Youth!

Old April 23rd, 2008, 07:27 PM
fade101
I rawr youu!!

Hey! i'll be supporting this game coz it looks awesome... good luck!
don't ever look back
they'll tear us apart
if you give them the chance
don't sell your heart
don't say we're not meant to be
forever will be
<3 you and me <3

Old April 24th, 2008, 01:56 AM
Myzou
Lost and Confused xD

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Myzou Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Myzou Send a message via Yahoo to Myzou
Wow, love the idea of reverse pokemon Wichu :)

If you ever need help doing the reversals, just send me a message :) Not very hard from what I can see, as long as you have some spriting experience XD

Also love Skele's idea of items to change pokemon into reverse/shiny... lol

Old April 24th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Lady Berlitz
Cinnamon ♪

Nature: Adamant
Wow! I'm impressed! Between you and me, I wouldn't have thought of that in a million years... I think that will add a whole ton of originality to Pokémon Amethyst. But I was wondering... what is the story behind Reverse Pokémon? Shiny Pokémon are just simply rare versions of the originals, but I know in Pokémon Coliseum that Shadow Pokémon are pretty much "evil" Pokémon.

Keep up the good work, Wichu.
██_______██
_█▲▲▲▲▲▲▲█_
_█████████_
_██_____██_
Old April 25th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Slakar
Beginning Trainer

woah man this is great!! i really and i mean REALLY cant wait until this is out
Old April 25th, 2008, 07:41 PM
sonic smash down
strive for the best

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to sonic smash down
I can see you put alot of hard work and effort into this. would you mind having a beta tester for later? if not thats fine. just putting it out for ya. but i love the idea of reverse shinies. (it took forever just to get lucky wit a regular shiny XD )
Old April 30th, 2008, 06:15 AM
Ridley
Beware of Meta Ridley!

This looks really good! Keep up the good work.

Old May 11th, 2008, 10:38 PM
killin_kobra
Pokemon Ruler

Hello, I am talking to you on behalf DarkShadow Entertainment. I would like to make a business oppurtunity to you, Wichu. We are a company that unites game makers and designers and I am sure that you would like an extra couple of hands to help you.
Here's the offer:

YOUR SIDE
1. You make the game on behalf of us
2. Move your thread to our site

OUR SIDE
1. You get a whole catergory on our site
2. We will publisize your game
3. You will get help from game designers and makers from around the world on our site

Our website is

Go there, make an account and we will do the rest. PM the username "Craig" after you make your account

Click here to feed me a fruit!
Get your own at Dinomon!

Last edited by usami; May 12th, 2008 at 04:34 PM.
Old May 12th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

Nature: Naive
Sorry, but no thanks. I can manage the game on my own for now, so I don't see any benefit coming out of this yet. And I don't really want a category, and don't need publicity either.

Anyway, just to say, I'm still working on this, I just haven't had much time for updates. I've been working on a few things - namely, the intro and region map. I might post a preview of some more new Pokémon soon, if anyone's interested.
Old May 12th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Fangking Omega
Acanthite founder

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fangking Omega
I'm interested, so get to it! In the mood for some updateness.
Old May 12th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wichu View Post
Anyway, just to say, I'm still working on this, I just haven't had much time for updates. I've been working on a few things - namely, the intro and region map. I might post a preview of some more new Pokémon soon, if anyone's interested.
Can't wait to see them, please do
Old May 12th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Vampire://Krimm
→ clocks everywhere →
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vampire://Krimm
Hmm. Wow, this game looks really quite good.

I love the screenshots and your sprites~ Keep it up!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links