• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokémon: Odyssey

What do you think to thi sgame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waudby

Sounds like this game is progressing very well. This was a good choice of program because most people use RPG Maker XP, and this proves that you can code everything yourself. I'll keep a sharp eye for this. Good luck.

Yeah I liek the flexibilty of Sphere. It really allows you to code what you want from the ground up instead of having to modify existing code.

I'm now fiddling with the networking functions in sphere and i'm trying to get it so that trading can be done online as well as the possiblity of online battles.

EDIT!

I'm am now working on the maps for the new region which has now been named.

-Everglade Region.

I have so far mapped 4 towns, 2 Routes and the forest. Exspect some screenshot's when they are a little more fleshed out.

Waudby

I'm leaving that to suprise.

And I know when people say that it usually means there will be, but I am totally undecided at the moment.

I may put them in to fit into the storyline as well, It definitely wont be a complete new pokedex of pokemon.

Any good scratch pokemon spriters around? lol

Waudby

some new screenies fresh off the map editor.

Cresent City - Commercial Zone 1:
screenshot200805011615180886.png

Cresent City - Commercial Zone 2 with POKéMON GUILD headquarters:
screenshot200805011615270479.png

Cresent City - Residential Zone:
screenshot200805011615430390.png

Route 02:
screenshot200805011617510817.png

Route 04:
screenshot200805011624570360.png

Please note: These are freshly mapped maps so there's no NPCs yet, these will be added in soon when I show a few more storyline screens.

Come on people post in the thread, the more you post the more inspired I am.

The next major update will be at 125 posts :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
O_O
Things are looking great Mate. Remember, when I get Sphere working, I'll be able to help you ^^

Waudby

Things are looking great Mate. Remember, when I get Sphere working, I'll be able to help you ^^

When you get it working?

You're using it on a mac yes? I would like to help but I haven't tried it on a mac, I know that it's missing the editor right?

Atomic Reactor

in the residential area, i would suggest using one style of house.
and in the route the grass dosn't cover you character at all.
im assuming thats just not coded in or something?
lookin good though.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
When you get it working?

You're using it on a mac yes? I would like to help but I haven't tried it on a mac, I know that it's missing the editor right?

My regular computer that runs Windows XP has died. So I'm going to purchase Windows XP for Mac and just Dual Boot it.

I think its a starter idea than simply having two computers.

But yes, when I get everything ready and I have a feel for Sphere, I'll help you.

wildarms001

Random Supporter
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
wow nice screenie there waudby :D its like pokemon d/p :P hope we can see also battle scene :D gudluck keep it up :D

Waudby

in the residential area, i would suggest using one style of house.
and in the route the grass dosn't cover you character at all.
im assuming thats just not coded in or something?
lookin good though.

It's just something I haven't coded in yet. Semms rather minor at the moment.

Some more minor screenshots today of the updated battlesystem, graphically there's not much difference but internally, I've now written over 1000lines of code and thats without the update A.I system I need to write as well as the item usage in a battle.

I still have to script in the status effects but that should be to hard.

Archayos

THEY KILLED THE PURPLE T_T
Years
There's going to be an AI system? I'm eager to see how that'll work out. But what's it for? Is it for double battles where you have another team mate or something?

Either way, this looks like a really good project. All I can say is increase the saturation of the grass tile a bit more; it'll look better that way. Expect a detailed critique once the demo's out. ;)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
The A.I. is for opposing trainers, so they don't do stupid things, like using Thunder on a Ground-type.

Waudby

The A.I. is for opposing trainers, so they don't do stupid things, like using Thunder on a Ground-type.

Yeah you got it, it's all so that if a person has a potion it will use the potion when the pokemon's hp is too low etc.

Same for if the player's pokemon are holding berries.
It's also needed to decided if a wild pokemon can flee or not.

There will hopefully be a few new additions to the game so that it can be played a little bit different.

As the word odyssey means long eventful journey, the game needs to be packed full of adventure.

So I will be releasing addons to the game after the final release.

It may mean that kanto hoenn johto and sinnoh may make an appearance, or possibly even all of them.

Which would people like to see the most?

The Pokémon Guild will also play a big part in this game.

I've decided that to break up the monotony of defeating gyms the region of Everglade will not have it's own pokémon league.

Instead you will be tested in the Pokémon Guild to pass to the next rank.

Eventually the guild will grant you a pass to the next region which can be chosen by you.

The game will then progress as any other pokemon game with gyms.

As well as the lack of gyms, it also has a lack of an "evil team", it's more centralised on rivalry then good and bad.
SO once again Everglade will not feature an evil team at the beginning.

There will be instances where evil people will be shown but other than that it's fairly straight forward.

This way I can even add an extra guild quest or two as a minor update.

simplynaruto

Banned
Years
So since there is gyms you progres through the guild? Cool! Also I want just 3 that will make me happy: Johto,Kanto, Sinnoh. Or instead of sinnoh make the tohjo region. But then agai berserkpaladin is doing tohjo. So make everglade above johto and kanto. Make it the witdh of the 2 combined with a path leading to the falls. Make the falls a tri-fork in the road. But with johto being blocked until kanto badges are collected. Or dont do any of that cause you think its a stupid idea or something lie that.

Waudby

I need someone to help me with the world map, I've got the basic outline for where the routes and citys etc are, I'm just not very good at spriting the land masses etc.

If you're seriously interested in doin gthis then let me know, credit will be given at the end of the game etc.

It's in the style of D/P

so either post in here with an example of wat you can do, or pm me with the same.

thanks.

Ionic

God of nothing
Years
You don't exactly need to be a great spriter you need to be good at shading to make it look like land masses by the looks of other maps.

Waudby

I know you don't have to be a spriter to do it, i'm just busy scripting the systems and haven't had time to do any new graphical work,so most of the stuff will be directly from the d/p rom.

I've done a little bit more storyline.

And have decided that the demo will end when you register for the POKéMON GUILD so all in all, you get to make your way through, 2 towns (one town is fairly big though), 5 routes and a city.

I think that is enough for the demo.

I still haven't got a date for it yet, theres a few bugs that need ironing out, but the game runs smoothly for the most part.

Merovin

Dragon Master!
Years
Corr.
I haven't been here in time. I came back for a quick browse and have been absolutely amazed by this project.
I now have a reason to keep coming back and checking up on things.
Amazing work, keep it up. :)

Waudby

Thanks alot bob5000, that kind of comment always inspires me to work better and progress faster.

I really want to get this demo out so everyone can see the progress.

It's not a perfecty demo with all the systems and the battle system is still graphically lacking.

But it's still good for people to aprreciate the work being put in.

I've just added all the experience features into the battle system so now you can gain levels.

I've just got to flatten out a few bugs with it and it will be done.

screenshot200805051839490136.png

screenshot200805051839510121.png

screenshot200805051839520525.png

screenshot200805051839590016.png

screenshot200805051839580084.png

screenshot200805051840030421.png

screenshot200805051840090451.png

just a few more pictures to show everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back