• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Indexing Sprites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellsing

The bird of Hermes is my name
Years
I don't mean the size of the canvas, I meant the size of the actual Pokemon\Trainer.

Yeah, that's probably it. But does that really matter? Cause then I have to find a sprite the exact same sixe, don't I?

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
Years
Yeah, that's probably it. But does that really matter? Cause then I have to find a sprite the exact same sixe, don't I?

Yea, if your sprite is TOO big then it'll have those pixels in the bottom, you don't need to find one the exact size, just something bigger or close to it.

Hellsing

The bird of Hermes is my name
Years
Yea, if your sprite is TOO big then it'll have those pixels in the bottom, you don't need to find one the exact size, just something bigger or close to it.

Thanks. Maybe I should listen to you without objection next time, eh? ;)

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2008
its not working for me, why?

beznzvuir2.jpg

Last edited:

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
Years
*sigh*
you open up the image infarview.

since it didn't work the first time.
reopen the file and decrease it again.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2008
so do you mean to open it in infraview few times ?

its not possible to decrease it again,, next if i decrease,..it will be B/W :(

Last edited:

Ryousha

Years
Ouchies,

Copy the image and open a new one.

then when you open infarview. Open the new file and decrease, and save it.
what sprite are u using?
I'll index it for you.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2008
its done now :) and i wanna ask, do i need to have all images for pokemon game 64x64 ??

and next ting i want to ask ( do you know any pokemon trainer editor for FireRed etc? i cant find any and maybe you will know)
thx for all <3

Ryousha

Years
Yeah, also there size has to be no bigger than 10kb.

or it won't work. and if u unselect auto abort. and do it the sprite will be there but like scrambled.

SerenadeDS

Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
Nice guide RedYoshi. There are a lot of these around.. Maybe you should include a section on how to "Resize" an Image. People need help in that area too =)

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
I stil need gelp

i still cant get it done where can i get that yoshi sprite?

Captainman

Superhero Extrodinare!
Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2013
I did everything that your tutorial had me do. It is the right size, and I reduced it to 16 (4 bbp or whatever) and set the bg as transparent. Then I clicked on unLZ-BGBA and it won't let me import it. It's saying that it's still not indexed! I've tried it 3 times and it won't work!! >.<''

It also says my Poke'mon start around number 2078 instead of the lower number you said. What's wrong with my programs?!

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
@ the part where you gonna change the background, you say: make the first layer transparent. how you do that? becuz if I erase the background in paint i get a strange color background

Last edited:

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
I did everything that your tutorial had me do. It is the right size, and I reduced it to 16 (4 bbp or whatever) and set the bg as transparent. Then I clicked on unLZ-BGBA and it won't let me import it. It's saying that it's still not indexed! I've tried it 3 times and it won't work!! >.<''

It also says my Poke'mon start around number 2078 instead of the lower number you said. What's wrong with my programs?!

i cant help you on the first part but about the 2078-its in run deep scan mode or something relating to that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back