Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > Tabletop Games
Notices

Tabletop Games For non-Pokémon discussion about traditional gaming, without the console. Talk about card games, board games, war games, and role playing games here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 1st, 2008, 08:22 AM
Alter Ego
that evil mod from hell

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited NiGHTS View Post
Actually, I only made it that broken to see how you would react. I'd like to let you know that I spent the last 7 minutes and 24 seconds laughing my butt off at you. ;D
Seven minutes and twenty-four seconds? Good sir, I will have you know that you have insulted me most grievously. For the righteous indignation that I experienced upon seeing that card, ten minutes of solid laughter is bare minimum. My honor demands retribution! A duel, I say! Card games at dawn and to the death! *White glove slap* xO

Quote:
This one is the best of the three. However, as with any Deck that needs a Field Spell, you're screwed against someone playing "Field Barrier" and their own Field Spell.
Yeah, because obviously we aren't packing x amount of S/T removal cards that wipe out Field Barrier anyway, right? The day you start treating field barrier as a threat card is the day when you have to give your deck a seriously critical glance. Oh, and having just virulent isn't as hot as it looks because...well, how are you going to amass enough empaths in your graveyard to make use of that removed restriction? Empath Recall is the most obvious, but then you just totally dissed that one. xD

Ahem, point is that the mindscapes are meant to work in tandem, hence the tag-out replacement effect. Virulent is the strongest when it's time to make an offensive push, yes, but Tranquil speeds up your assembling of the cards you need for that push while Twisted lets you recycle the graveyard effects that are most useful for what you have in mind. Don't discount them so easily. ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesis View Post
Eh, I suppose... But I was thinking more along the lines of blocking the major damage that, say, Archlord Zerato can pound you with. And sending cards from the field to the graveyard just to get their effects isn't so hot now that Foolish Burial exists.
True, but then Deppression does serve a somewhat different purpose than Necro Gardna to begin with in that it makes it a lot harder to just casually hit over things. Say you've got Restlessness in attack and Deppression in your graveyard while your opponent has two 1600 Atk + monsters on their field. Where Gardna just blocks the damage, Deppression actually protects the monster as well sine your opponent will either have to bring a 2200+ Atk monster to the table or be prepared to sacrifice one monster just to get rid of the thing...unless of course they want to wait for monster removal or Crow. Yes, there is plenty of removal in the format, but none of it is cost-free, and each piece put out is a piece of removal sacrificed and/or jeopardized. Then, of course, there's the fact that even in destroying your monsters this way the opponent isn't leaving you empty-handed because of the graveyard effects. ;3

Quote:
The same with a burn bonus. Meh.
And double the use rate because you no longer have to wait an additional turn before changing its battle position again. It's recyclable Ring of Destruction on legs, for pity's sake, how much more do you expect from your big beaters, you picky person, you? xD

Eh, All in all I think the biggest failing is that you can't drop Empath Fiends from your hand or deck and get their effects without Tranquil Mindscape. Still, creative set, as usual, and much better than the original psychics. As you've admitted, they're still horribly slow but with Apathy they do have the potential to draw the game out a little more now and I get the feeling that they may see a new day at the dawn of the next format. :3

Quote:
No, it's MEANT to short-circuit the counter bonus. You get a set 2000 Atk regardless of counters, and protection. There was never any intention of it giving 2000 plus counters. 0.o
Umm...sorry, my friend, but you completely misread that one. Allow me to put emphasis where emphasis is due:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Dummy Plug: You should make that 'original Atk'. As it is, this card is short-circuiting its own Atk boost effect because it force-pegs the Atk at 2000 at all times. Ehh...crazy muscle, protection, and escape from the counter weakness all in one card. Again, this seems a bit...hefty. x.O
Yes, it's own. Not the equipped mech's; Dummy Plug's secondary Atk boost effect. To make it perfectly clear, this one:

Quote:
Equip only to an "Eve Mech" monster on your side of the field. That monster's Atk is 2000, regardless of the number of Syncrhonization Counters on it. When the equipped monster attacks another monster, increase its Atk by 1000 until the end of the battle phase. When the equipped monster would be destroyed, destroy this card instead.
The underlined and bolded effect accomplishes nothing whatsoever because the first effect immediately reverts the equipped monster's Atk back to 2000, see? That's why I suggested using original Atk to resolve the issue.

Anyways, now that I've gotten to express myself in bold and underline after such a long time...let's move on. xD

Angel Attack Warning (revamp): Yeah, this is better. My issue with the original was that it was "do everything that Forced Back does plus extras" which didn't really seem...well, fair, to be honest. xP

As for the synchro thing...do you guys have a source or something for that? Because I've been searching for those rulings for ages, but there seems to be no word of God around and the rest is split between 'treat them as ritual' (which is tribute) and 'treat them as fusion' (which isn't), so I just sort of guessed. Meh, anyways...

Aaaanyhow...

Empath Fiend - Loneliness (revamp)
Psychic/Tuner/Effect
2 Star/Dark
800 Atk / 600 Def

When this card would be sent to the Graveyard from your Hand or Deck, remove it from play instead. During your turn, you may switch this Attack Position card on your Field into Defense Position to select one of your removed from play "Empath Fiend" Monsters and Special Summon it to your Field in Defense Position. When this effect is activated, neither this card nor the Monster Special Summoned by this effect can change their Battle Positions for as long as they remain face-up on the Field. When this card is removed from the Field, the Monster Special Summoned by this effect is removed from play. When Synchro Summoning a Psychic Type Monster, you may remove this card in your Graveyard from play to have it treated as a Monster sent to the Graveyard for that Synchro Summon. You may only activate the effect of one "Empath Fiend" Monster in your Graveyard each turn.

Empath Fiend - Over Ego (revamp)
Psychic/Synchro/Effect
8 Star/Light
2600 Atk / 2600 Def

1 Psychic Type Tuner Monster + 1 or more non-tuner "Empath Fiend" Monsters

By switching this Attack Position card on your Field into Defense Position, select up two of your removed from play "Empath Fiend" Monsters and add them to your Graveyard. By switching this Defense Position card on your Field into Attack Position, change the Battle Position of one "Empath Fiend" Monster on your Field, ignoring any effects of the selected Monster. When either of this card's effects is activated, this card can not change its Battle Position until the end of the turn. When your opponent selects a Psychic Type Monster on your Field as the target of an attack or card effect, you may discard one Psychic Type Monster from your Hand to change the target of that attack or effect to another valid target on either player's Field.

Don't know how much more you can expect of the old guy, though. After all, with Loneliness this becomes pretty freakin' easy to summon. (essentially, just pull up your used Pride with Loneliness' effect and go crazy). And now, last but not least:

Ultimate Evil Hero - Infernal Toaster
Fiend/Fusion/Effect
13 Star/Fire
5601 Atk / 4901 Def

Dark Nepthys + Infernal Incinerator + Infernal Flame Emperor + Flame Cerberus + Flame Manipulator + Blazing Inpachi + Hinotama Soul + Elemental Hero Burstinatrix + Volcanic Doomfire

A Fusion Summon of this card can only be conducted with the above Fusion Materials. The Attribute of this card is also treated as DARK. Once per turn, by tributing one "Evil Hero" Monster on your Field, Special Summon one "Toast" Fusion Monster from your Fusion Deck, ignoring summoning conditions.

Okay, yeah, screw the toast; moving on...

Resonance Tuning
Quick-Play Spell

This card can only be activated when a Tuner Monster on your Field is destroyed. Special Summon one Monster with the same Level as the destroyed Monster from your Hand or Deck. A Monster Special Summoned by this effect is treated as a Tuner Monster.

Last edited by Alter Ego; May 1st, 2008 at 10:17 AM.
Old May 5th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Scarlet Weather
The Game is Afoot!

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Ego View Post
Seven minutes and twenty-four seconds? Good sir, I will have you know that you have insulted me most grievously. For the righteous indignation that I experienced upon seeing that card, ten minutes of solid laughter is bare minimum. My honor demands retribution! A duel, I say! Card games at dawn and to the death! *White glove slap* xO

Yeah, because obviously we aren't packing x amount of S/T removal cards that wipe out Field Barrier anyway, right? The day you start treating field barrier as a threat card is the day when you have to give your deck a seriously critical glance. Oh, and having just virulent isn't as hot as it looks because...well, how are you going to amass enough empaths in your graveyard to make use of that removed restriction? Empath Recall is the most obvious, but then you just totally dissed that one. xD

Ahem, point is that the mindscapes are meant to work in tandem, hence the tag-out replacement effect. Virulent is the strongest when it's time to make an offensive push, yes, but Tranquil speeds up your assembling of the cards you need for that push while Twisted lets you recycle the graveyard effects that are most useful for what you have in mind. Don't discount them so easily. ;D

True, but then Deppression does serve a somewhat different purpose than Necro Gardna to begin with in that it makes it a lot harder to just casually hit over things. Say you've got Restlessness in attack and Deppression in your graveyard while your opponent has two 1600 Atk + monsters on their field. Where Gardna just blocks the damage, Deppression actually protects the monster as well sine your opponent will either have to bring a 2200+ Atk monster to the table or be prepared to sacrifice one monster just to get rid of the thing...unless of course they want to wait for monster removal or Crow. Yes, there is plenty of removal in the format, but none of it is cost-free, and each piece put out is a piece of removal sacrificed and/or jeopardized. Then, of course, there's the fact that even in destroying your monsters this way the opponent isn't leaving you empty-handed because of the graveyard effects. ;3

And double the use rate because you no longer have to wait an additional turn before changing its battle position again. It's recyclable Ring of Destruction on legs, for pity's sake, how much more do you expect from your big beaters, you picky person, you? xD

I was told there would be cake! Isn't that enough?

Eh, All in all I think the biggest failing is that you can't drop Empath Fiends from your hand or deck and get their effects without Tranquil Mindscape. Still, creative set, as usual, and much better than the original psychics. As you've admitted, they're still horribly slow but with Apathy they do have the potential to draw the game out a little more now and I get the feeling that they may see a new day at the dawn of the next format. :3

Umm...sorry, my friend, but you completely misread that one. Allow me to put emphasis where emphasis is due:

Yes, it's own. Not the equipped mech's; Dummy Plug's secondary Atk boost effect. To make it perfectly clear, this one:

The underlined and bolded effect accomplishes nothing whatsoever because the first effect immediately reverts the equipped monster's Atk back to 2000, see? That's why I suggested using original Atk to resolve the issue.

Whoops. Totally forgot about Dummy Plug's own Atk bonus. 0.o

Anyways, now that I've gotten to express myself in bold and underline after such a long time...let's move on. xD

Angel Attack Warning (revamp): Yeah, this is better. My issue with the original was that it was "do everything that Forced Back does plus extras" which didn't really seem...well, fair, to be honest. xP

As for the synchro thing...do you guys have a source or something for that? Because I've been searching for those rulings for ages, but there seems to be no word of God around and the rest is split between 'treat them as ritual' (which is tribute) and 'treat them as fusion' (which isn't), so I just sort of guessed. Meh, anyways...

Aaaanyhow...

Well, based on 5Ds, it looks like they aren't treated as fusion-material or tribute. *shot'ed for using anime as source material* I think that monsters sent to the grave for a Synchro summon are exactly that: monsters sent to the grave for a Synchro summon. I'm pretty sure that the ruling states "sent to the graveyeard" as opposed to release/tribute...

Empath Fiend - Loneliness (revamp)
Psychic/Tuner/Effect
2 Star/Dark
800 Atk / 600 Def

When this card would be sent to the Graveyard from your Hand or Deck, remove it from play instead. During your turn, you may switch this Attack Position card on your Field into Defense Position to select one of your removed from play "Empath Fiend" Monsters and Special Summon it to your Field in Defense Position. When this effect is activated, neither this card nor the Monster Special Summoned by this effect can change their Battle Positions for as long as they remain face-up on the Field. When this card is removed from the Field, the Monster Special Summoned by this effect is removed from play. When Synchro Summoning a Psychic Type Monster, you may remove this card in your Graveyard from play to have it treated as a Monster sent to the Graveyard for that Synchro Summon. You may only activate the effect of one "Empath Fiend" Monster in your Graveyard each turn.

Better, and you've got the new ability to screw the rules with money by calling out Pride.

Empath Fiend - Over Ego (revamp)
Psychic/Synchro/Effect
8 Star/Light
2600 Atk / 2600 Def

1 Psychic Type Tuner Monster + 1 or more non-tuner "Empath Fiend" Monsters

By switching this Attack Position card on your Field into Defense Position, select up two of your removed from play "Empath Fiend" Monsters and add them to your Graveyard. By switching this Defense Position card on your Field into Attack Position, change the Battle Position of one "Empath Fiend" Monster on your Field, ignoring any effects of the selected Monster. When either of this card's effects is activated, this card can not change its Battle Position until the end of the turn. When your opponent selects a Psychic Type Monster on your Field as the target of an attack or card effect, you may discard one Psychic Type Monster from your Hand to change the target of that attack or effect to another valid target on either player's Field.

So activate one of your squatting Empath Fiend's effects, or recycle monster in the gravyeyard? And a permission-style ability to choose what cards your opponent can hit? Clever, and big. I like. :3

Don't know how much more you can expect of the old guy, though. After all, with Loneliness this becomes pretty freakin' easy to summon. (essentially, just pull up your used Pride with Loneliness' effect and go crazy). And now, last but not least:

Ultimate Evil Hero - Infernal Toaster
Fiend/Fusion/Effect
13 Star/Fire
5601 Atk / 4901 Def

Dark Nepthys + Infernal Incinerator + Infernal Flame Emperor + Flame Cerberus + Flame Manipulator + Blazing Inpachi + Hinotama Soul + Elemental Hero Burstinatrix + Volcanic Doomfire +Wandering Deity + Queen Pikeru + Queen Curran + Yokai Kyuubi + E-Hero Neos

A Fusion Summon of this card can only be conducted with the above Fusion Materials. The Attribute of this card is also treated as DARK. Once per turn, by tributing one "Evil Hero" Monster on your Field, Special Summon one "Toast" Fusion Monster from your Fusion Deck, ignoring summoning conditions. In order to summon this monster, you must yell "Thesis is dead, and we killed him... OR IS HE!?!?" as loud as you can. Cheese is evil.

Okay, yeah, screw the toast; moving on...

Resonance Tuning
Quick-Play Spell

This card can only be activated when a Tuner Monster on your Field is destroyed. Special Summon one Monster with the same Level as the destroyed Monster from your Hand or Deck. A Monster Special Summoned by this effect is treated as a Tuner Monster.

Whee, Tuner preservation! Meh, seems more like a Counter Trap/Normal Trap than a quick-play spell, but okay.
I fixed Infernal Toaster for you, as you can see. And if you're wondering about that "Wandering Deity"...

Wandering Deity
Monster/Dark/Warrior/Effect/12*
Atk 2600/ Def 2600
This monster cannot be normal summoned or set. This monster can only be special summoned by tributing differently-named "Wandering" monsters on your side of the field when three or more differently-named "Wandering" monsters are removed from play. Depending on the number of "Wandering" monsters tributed in order to summon this monster, this monster gains the following effect(s):
-1 or more: This monster is not affected by the effects of trap cards.
-2 or more: This monster is not affected by the effects of spell cards.
-3 or more: This monster's original Atk and Def become 3000, and it cannot be destroyed by the effects of monster cards.
By removing this monster in your graveyard from play, you can special summon one "Wandering" monster in your removed from play pile.

Limit Break: Supernova
Normal Spell
Destroy all cards on your side of the field, then special summon one "Wandering Deity" from your hand, deck, graveyard, or removed from play pile, ignoring summoning conditions. You cannot activate this card if you have no cards on the field.

And a slight revamp for my favorite fake Ace Card...

Yokai Kyuubi
Monster/Fire/Beast/Effect/9*
Atk 2800/ Def 2400
Once during your main phase by tributing this monster, destroy all monster cards or all spell and trap cards on your opponent's side of the field. Then, special summon "Yokai" monsters from your graveyard equal to the number of cards destroyed by this monster's effect. This monster cannot be special summoned except by tributing two differently named "Yokai" monsters during your End Phase while it is in the graveyard.

x x x x

Old May 10th, 2008, 02:52 AM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Nature: Calm
I haven't been here in a long time and really lost touch with some of the new cards for our fans XD; I don't feel like reading pages of cards who will have fonts smaller than that of Thousand Eyes Restrict if they are ever made real... so yeah.

Since we've went on and on about different game series (there's even more wandering monsters than the number of tentacles on Malboro 0_0), I should band wagon again =P Guess the series? lol.

Covering of God- Angel Sachiel
Warrior / Effect
4 Star / Water
2300 Atk / 0 Def

While this card is on your side of the field, destroy all cards on your side of the field except "God- Angel" cards. If this card is destroyed, pay 700 Life Points and this card is not destroyed (this is not an option.) This card cannot be used for tributes.

Conquerer of God- Angel Shamshel
Insect / Effect
4 Star / Wind
1600 Atk / 0 Def

While this card is on your side of the field, destroy all cards on your side of the field except "God- Angel" cards. If this card is destroyed, pay 800 Life Points and this card is not destroyed (this is not an option.) When this card deals damage to the opponent's life points, your opponent cannot special summon any monster during his/her next turn. This card cannot be used for tributes.

Thunder of God- Angel Ramiel
Thunder / Effect
8 Star / Dark
1600 Atk / 0 Def

While this card is on your side of the field, destroy all cards on your side of the field except "God- Angel" cards. If this card is destroyed, pay 1500 Life Points and this card is not destroyed (this is not an option.) Destroy all monster on your opponent's side of the field if their Def is lower than the ATK of this card. Each time this monster deals damage to the opponent's life points, increase the Atk of this card by 500.

Beast of God- Angel Gaghiel
Fish / Effect
5 Star / Water
2000 Atk / 0 Def

This card cannot be special summoned. While this card is on your side of the field, destroy all cards on your side of the field except "God- Angel" cards. If this card is destroyed, pay 900 Life Points (this is not an option) and destroy the card that destroyed this card and this card is not destroyed.

(note: yes I know using 2 "and" is bad but I have no idea how to get around it)

Music of God- Angel Israfel
Spellcaster / Effect
7 Star / Light
1600 Atk / 0 Def

This card cannot be special summoned. While this card is on your side of the field, destroy all cards on your side of the field except "God- Angel" cards. If this card is destroyed, pay 1000 Life Points (this is not an option) and special summon one "Music of God- Angel Token" (1600 Atk/0 Def Spellcaster / 7 Star / Dark) on your side of the field and this card is not destroyed (this is not an option.)

Embryo of God- Angel Sandalphon
Pyro / Effect
1 Star / Light
0 Atk / 0 Def

While this card is on your side of the field, destroy all cards on your side of the field except "God- Angel" cards. If this card is destroyed, pay 800 Life Points and this card is not destroyed (this is not an option.) This card cannot be used for tributes except for a tribute summon for "God- Angel" monsters, in which it can count as 2 tribute.

Premonition of God- Angel Matariel
Insect / Effect
2 Star / Earth
1000 Atk / 0 Def

While this card is on your side of the field, destroy all cards on your side of the field except "God- Angel" cards. If this card is destroyed, pay 800 Life Points and this card is not destroyed (this is not an option.) If this card is in Attack position, all "God- Angel" cards deal piercing damage and Def of all monsters on your opponent's side of the field is 0. This card cannot be used for tributes.

Enough for now =P
Old May 10th, 2008, 03:50 AM
Unlimited NiGHTS
Booted out - don't be like me!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Unlimited NiGHTS Send a message via Yahoo to Unlimited NiGHTS
Quote:
I fixed Infernal Toaster for you, as you can see.

Yay?

And if you're wondering about that "Wandering Deity"...

Wandering Deity
Monster/Dark/Warrior/Effect/12*
Atk 2600/ Def 2600
This monster cannot be normal summoned or set. This monster can only be special summoned by tributing differently-named "Wandering" monsters on your side of the field when three or more differently-named "Wandering" monsters are removed from play. Depending on the number of "Wandering" monsters tributed in order to summon this monster, this monster gains the following effect(s):
-1 or more: This monster is not affected by the effects of trap cards.
-2 or more: This monster is not affected by the effects of spell cards.
-3 or more: This monster's original Atk and Def become 3000, and it cannot be destroyed by the effects of monster cards.
By removing this monster in your graveyard from play, you can special summon one "Wandering" monster in your removed from play pile.

That's "Removed Zone" and "different 'Wandering' monsters", by the way. Besides that, it's basically a super version of "Neos Wiseman", but is easier to Summon and has better protection.

Limit Break: Supernova
Normal Spell
Destroy all cards on your side of the field, then special summon one "Wandering Deity" from your hand, deck, graveyard, or removed from play pile, ignoring summoning conditions. You cannot activate this card if you have no cards on the field.

This has the potential to be extremely broken. What if the only card on your side of the field was a Set "Dark Coffin"? Even better, what if you had 2-3 of them, plus "Statue of the Wicked"? Yeah. I'd add some other condition to it, such as, "Activate only when 5 different 'Wandering' monsters are in your Graveyard".

And a slight revamp for my favorite fake Ace Card...

Yokai Kyuubi
Monster/Fire/Beast/Effect/9*
Atk 2800/ Def 2400
Once during your main phase by tributing this monster, destroy all monster cards or all spell and trap cards on your opponent's side of the field. Then, special summon "Yokai" monsters from your graveyard equal to the number of cards destroyed by this monster's effect. This monster cannot be special summoned except by tributing two differently named "Yokai" monsters during your End Phase while it is in the graveyard.

Everyone knows that Bastion Misawa sucks balls. Moving right along...
Master Polymerization
Quick-Play Spell
Remove from play 2 cards in your hand. Remove from play, from your hand, Deck, Graveyard, Extra Deck, or either side of the field, Fusion Material Monsters listed on a Fusion Monster Card, and Special Summon that monster from your Extra Deck, ignoring its Summoning conditions. (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon.) The cards this card removed from play cannot be removed from the Removed Zone for the rest of the Duel. Spells, Traps, and Effect Monsters' effects cannot be activated in response to this card's activation.

Now THIS is what "Super Polymerization" should have been!
Old May 11th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Alter Ego
that evil mod from hell

Quote:
Besides that, it's basically a super version of "Neos Wiseman", but is easier to Summon and has better protection.
I struggle to find any similarities between this and Wiseman save for the monster type and attribute. I mean, this one isn't even nomi like the latter is. x.O

Quote:
This has the potential to be extremely broken. What if the only card on your side of the field was a Set "Dark Coffin"? Even better, what if you had 2-3 of them, plus "Statue of the Wicked"? Yeah. I'd add some other condition to it, such as, "Activate only when 5 different 'Wandering' monsters are in your Graveyard".
Umm...if that makes Supernova broken then what do you call Magical Hats? Pick double Dark Coffin and you get free deck thinning, monster protection, monster flipped face-down (nice for flip-floppers) and gain on the CA, rather than just breaking even like you'd do if you set from your hand. Seriously, synergy with what are otherwise very situational cards doesn't make a card broken.

Quote:
Everyone knows that Bastion Misawa sucks balls. Moving right along...
As much as I'd like to ask where that came from, I think it's preferable for my sanity if I don't. :x

Wandering Deity: Tribute mania. So, basically you want the full three to cover all your bases and turn this into a Blue-Eyes size beatstick with uber protections. Sadly, Neo-Spacian Grand Mole and Raiza the Storm Monarch laugh as their effects slip right past this poor fellow's protections. xD Fair enough. Probably best played as a recovery card after a failed push with RftDD.

Limit Break: Supernova: Not too hot, really, as it's really just trading 2+ cards for a 2600 Atk vanilla without vanilla benefit. I guess it can sort of be useful if you have something on your field that doesn't mind being blown up, but it's still situational to the extreme. This is also breaking the limit break tradition in not having the 'only one per turn' limit stamped on it.

Yokai Kyuubi: Oh come on, broken as heck. As long as your opponent has at least two cards in either zone you can't lose with this; just tribute away, nuke the field then pull back stuff that smashes face and can be tributed for this again next end phase. Your opponent's only shot at stopping this is to crow it when it tries to revive or wipe it out right after it hits the field, but given that this thing is big enough to butt heads with Dark Magician of Chaos, that's easier said than done. And even if you do kill, it will be lurking in the graveyard and just waiting to jump back out and go all Raigeki/Harpie's Feather Duster again. You need to limit this somehow. x.O

Covering of God- Angel Sachiel: Gee...you really didn't half-arse anything on the maintenance here, did you? xD That self-protection effect should be "When this card would be destroyed", though, because you can't negate a destruction that has already taken place like the current effect is trying to do. Big beater for the set, it seems.

Conquerer of God- Angel Shamshel: Whoo, major metagame hate. Every decktype except Gadget reels from this, and even the little munchkins aren't too happy because this guy is on the big side and can't be blown away with their regular arsenal of card effects, though they may try to hammer this with a big spree of destruction to drop you to zero.

Thunder of God- Angel Ramiel: Oh my...it's a god-angel you can actually summon with conventional tricks, and once it gets a single hit in (not hard, since this is Light attribute and therefore a viable target for Honest) it's pretty much 'kill every face-up your opponent has'. Harsh, very harsh. But then...you don't need to drop too many destruction effects on this before the player behind it runs out of LP.

Beast of God- Angel Gaghiel: Hmm...for the destruction effect, how about "When this card would be destroyed, pay 900 Life Points to destroy the card that would have destroyed this card instead. (This is not optional)"? Nasty little thing, basically giving the 'in your face' to any and all who would attempt to destroy it and sporting a decent Atk to boot. As long as you keep your LP up, this thing is unstoppable. o.o

Music of God- Angel Israfel: It doesn't look as impressive as Ramiel, but then it does something that few other God-Angel cards do; create tribute fodder. All the usual "destroy something you control, gain something" effects can be exploited here provided that you're willing and able to cough up the life points.

Embryo of God- Angel Sandalphon: Am I the only one who thinks that this is the best Creature Swap target ever? Just summon in attack, swap to your opponent to blow up their field, then smack Sandalphon around with impunity. Scary stuff, and another source of tribute material for the bigger God-Angels.

Premonition of God- Angel Matariel: Frail, but lethal in combo with its bigger cousins. (Is it just me, or did the aforementioned Sandalphon swap just gain a new level of nastiness? No avoiding damage by turning him into defense and no disposing of him either since he's got built-in protection and tribute restriction. All in the age of unlimited Creature Swap too. =P)

Well, Frosty, your sets certainly are...interesting, I'll give them that. The way these angels work, you're forced to forfeit the benefit of face-downs in your back row, effectively eliminating all trap cards except Dark Coffin (which actually benefits) from the equation. Smoke Grenade of the Thief is another fun option if you want to exploit the 'destroy everything' effect, I suppose, essentially turning into a cost-free Confiscation, and Shamshel in particular is making this a very appealing-looking theme to play. Still, I think I shall wait to see some support for these angels of yours. :3

Master Polymerization: Chimeratech OTKO just got themselves a brand new toy, too bad Dimension Fusion just went bye-bye and killed that deck, huh? xD Anyways, it's...expensive, but the ability to fuse anything from anywhere is nothing to be sneezed at. Interesting, and probably crazily exploitable somehow.

Aaaanyhow, something...different. Sort of. =O

Parallel Existence Field
Field Spell

When your opponent activates a Field Spell card while this card is on the Field, this card is not destroyed. If this card is activated while your opponent controls a Field Spell card, your opponent's Field Spell card is not destroyed. When this face-up card on the Field would be destroyed, it is flipped face-down instead. When a non-token Monster on the Field would be destroyed, activate an effect depending on the type of destruction:

Battle: Place one Physical Destruction Counter on the Monster and it is not destroyed (Damage Calculation is applied normally). If the Monster already has a Spiritual Destruction Counter on it, remove the Monster from play face-down.

Card Effect: Place one Spiritual Destruction Counter on the Monster and it is not destroyed. If the Monster already has a Physical Destruction Counter on it, remove the Monster from play face-down.

Tremble in fear at the wordiness! >O *Shot* Seriously, any way to keep this in official terminology while cutting down on this ginormous word count would be much appreciated.
Featured Theme: Patchouli Knowledge (Touhou Project)
Provided by and jointed with: Phani
Best viewed together, profile customization still in progress

Scandalous Maido Love Affair and Pair: Phani
Estranged Ex: The RP Section Rules
Sworn Rival For All Eternity and about five minutes beyond: Chibi
Illegitimate Lovechild: Mika
Card-gaming Beta on a Leash: Scarlet

Last edited by Alter Ego; May 11th, 2008 at 07:39 AM.
Old May 11th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Unlimited NiGHTS
Booted out - don't be like me!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Unlimited NiGHTS Send a message via Yahoo to Unlimited NiGHTS
Quote:
I struggle to find any similarities between this and Wiseman save for the monster type and attribute. I mean, this one isn't even nomi like the latter is. x.O

You're sending monsters to the Graveyard to Summon either one. "Neos Wiseman", however, is not protected against the effects of all monsters, just the ones that destroy. This card, however, has better protection than that.

Umm...if that makes Supernova broken then what do you call Magical Hats? Pick double Dark Coffin and you get free deck thinning, monster protection, monster flipped face-down (nice for flip-floppers) and gain on the CA, rather than just breaking even like you'd do if you set from your hand. Seriously, synergy with what are otherwise very situational cards doesn't make a card broken.

Sorry, I missed the fact that "Wandering Deity" only gets effects if you Tributed for him. Never mind my comment.

As much as I'd like to ask where that came from, I think it's preferable for my sanity if I don't. :x

Bastion plays a Yokai Deck in the manga.

Parallel Existence Field
Field Spell

When your opponent activates a Field Spell card while this card is on the Field, this card is not destroyed. If this card is activated while your opponent controls a Field Spell card, your opponent's Field Spell card is not destroyed. When this face-up card on the Field would be destroyed, it is flipped face-down instead. When a non-token Monster on the Field would be destroyed, activate an effect depending on the type of destruction:

Battle: Place one Physical Destruction Counter on the Monster and it is not destroyed (Damage Calculation is applied normally). If the Monster already has a Spiritual Destruction Counter on it, remove the Monster from play face-down.

Card Effect: Place one Spiritual Destruction Counter on the Monster and it is not destroyed. If the Monster already has a Physical Destruction Counter on it, remove the Monster from play face-down.

Tremble in fear at the wordiness! >O *Shot* Seriously, any way to keep this in official terminology while cutting down on this ginormous word count would be much appreciated.
So, basically, this lets us have one Field Spell each, and somewhat protects our monsters, but then spells certain doom for them (unless you can play "Primal Seed") if they do get killed. Interesting, but that's about all.

Evil Hero Spark Dancer
DARK Fiend-Type/Fusion/Effect
Level 8 ATK 0 DEF 2000

"Elemental Hero Sparkman" + "Elemental Hero Burstinatrix"
This card cannot be Special Summoned except with "Dark Fusion". When this card is attacked, remove this card from play and end your opponent's Battle Phase. Special Summon this card in Attack Position on your next Standby Phase when this effect is activated, ignoring the Summoning conditions. When this card attacks a monster, negate the attack and inflict damage to your opponent equal to the attack target's Level × 400.

Elemental Hero Candlelight Dancer
LIGHT Warrior-Type/Fusion/Effect
Level 8 ATK 0 DEF 2000

"Elemental Hero Sparkman" + "Elemental Hero Burstinatrix"
This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Fusion Summon. When this card attacks or is attacked, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the Level of your opponent's monster × 300.

Eh, just some weird thing I came up with.
Old May 13th, 2008, 01:09 AM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Evil Hero Spark Dancer- don't think that's proper wording but i haven't looked at Yubel's card effect for a long time, as this is essentially what it is except it uses star levels to calculate the actual damage.

Elemental Hero Candlelight Dancer- of course weaker version of the evil hero one.

Just a bit too low def point in a world that's difficult to come by for people to even ram into a defense position monster. With DaD playing control instead of full out attack for now, it's very unlikely the effects will get to start off. Spark Dancer usually do 2000-3000 damage which may seem a lot, but to use dark fusion and these sucky materials... difficult.

They aren't bad, just that the real cards are so imbalanced right now =(

I totally didn't see Creature Swap, but I have no idea how to fix it... you can put it facedown and then swap it to avoid all problems. It'll be flipped on that side instead, making it hard to avoid.

-fixing wording
-angels can now be tributed if it's for another angel card
-some changes to each individual card and stuff

Covering of God- Angel Sachiel
Warrior / Effect
4 Star / Water
2300 Atk / 0 Def

While this card is on your side of the field, destroy all cards on your side of the field except "God- Angel" cards. When this card would be destroyed, pay 700 Life Points and this card is not destroyed (this is not an option.) This card cannot be used for tributes except for a tribute summon for "God- Angel" monsters

Conquerer of God- Angel Shamshel
Insect / Effect
4 Star / Wind
1600 Atk / 0 Def

While this card is on your side of the field, destroy all cards on your side of the field except "God- Angel" cards. When this card would be destroyed, pay 800 Life Points and this card is not destroyed (this is not an option.) When this card deals damage to the opponent's life points, your opponent cannot special summon any monster during his/her next turn. This card cannot be used for tributes except for a tribute summon for "God- Angel" monsters

Thunder of God- Angel Ramiel
Thunder / Effect
8 Star / Dark
1600 Atk / 0 Def

This card cannot be special summoned. While this card is on your side of the field, destroy all cards on your side of the field except "God- Angel" cards. When this card would be destroyed, pay 1500 Life Points and this card is not destroyed (this is not an option.) Destroy all monster on your opponent's side of the field if their DEF is lower than the ATK of this card. Each time this monster deals damage to the opponent's life points, increase the Atk of this card by 500. This card cannot be used for tributes except for a tribute summon for "God- Angel" monsters.

Beast of God- Angel Gaghiel
Fish / Effect
5 Star / Water
2000 Atk / 0 Def

This card cannot be special summoned. While this card is on your side of the field, destroy all cards on your side of the field except "God- Angel" cards. When this card would be destroyed, pay 900 Life Points to destroy the card that would have destroyed this card instead. (This is not optional) This card cannot be used for tributes except for a tribute summon for "God- Angel" monsters.

Music of God- Angel Israfel
Spellcaster / Effect
6 Star / Light
1800 Atk / 0 Def

This card cannot be special summoned. While this card is on your side of the field, destroy all cards on your side of the field except "God- Angel" cards. If this card is destroyed, pay 1000 Life Points (this is not an option) and special summon one "Symbol of God- Angel Token" (1500 Atk/0 Def Fairy / 4 Star / Light) on your side of the field and this card is not destroyed (this is not an option.) This card cannot be used for tributes except for a tribute summon for "God- Angel" monsters.

Embryo of God- Angel Sandalphon
Pyro / Effect
1 Star / Light
0 Atk / 0 Def

While this card is on your side of the field, destroy all cards on your side of the field except "God- Angel" cards. If this card is destroyed, pay 300 Life Points and this card is not destroyed (this is not an option.) This card cannot be used for tributes except for a tribute summon for "God- Angel" monsters, in which it can count as 2 tribute.

Premonition of God- Angel Matariel
Insect / Effect
2 Star / Earth
1000 Atk / 0 Def

While this card is on your side of the field, destroy all cards on your side of the field except "God- Angel" cards. When this card would be destroyed, pay 800 Life Points and this card is not destroyed (this is not an option.) If this card is in Attack position, all "God- Angel" cards deal piercing damage and Def of all monsters on your opponent's side of the field is 0. This card cannot be used for tributes except for a tribute summon for "God- Angel" monsters.

New stuff!

Ingenuity of God- Angel Sahaquiel
Rock / Effect
7 Star / Wind
0 atk / 2400 def

This card cannot be special summoned. While this card is on your side of the field, destroy all cards on your side of the field except "God- Angel" cards. When this card would be destroyed, pay 1000 Life Points and this card is not destroyed (this is not an option.) Put 1 counter on this card every time your opponent draws a card. Remove this card from play and deal 1000 damage to your opponent for every counter on this card. This card cannot be used for tributes except for a tribute summon for "God- Angel" monsters.

Fear of God- Angel Ireul
Fiend / Effect
2 Star / Dark
0 Atk / 0 Def

While this card is on your side of the field, destroy all cards on your side of the field except "God- Angel" cards. When this card would be destroyed, pay 500 Life Points and this card is not destroyed (this is not an option.) Declare 1 card name. Look at your opponent's hand, and if he/she has declared card in his/her hand, remove that 1 card from play. If he/she doesn't have the declared card in his/her hand, switch this card to Attack position and battle position cannot be changed (except by a card effect) until the end of your next turn. This card cannot be used for tributes except for a tribute summon for "God- Angel" monsters.

Jaws of God- Angel Leliel
Psychic / Effect
6 Star / Dark
0 Atk / 0 Def

This card cannot be special summoned. While this card is on your side of the field, destroy all cards on your side of the field except "God- Angel" cards. When this card would be destroyed, pay 500 Life Points and this card is not destroyed (this is not an option.) When this card is summoned, switch it to defense position. Decrease your opponent's Life Points by 800 whenever he/she plays a card. This card cannot be used for tributes except for a tribute summon for "God- Angel" monsters.

Humiliated Son of God- Angel Bardiel
Aqua / Effect
5 Star / Wind
0 Atk / 0 Def

This card cannot be special summoned. While this card is on your side of the field, destroy all cards on your side of the field except "God- Angel" cards. When this card would be destroyed, pay 500 Life Points and this card is not destroyed (this is not an option.) Send this card to the graveyard to select 1 monster in your opponent's graveyard. Special summon the selected monster and its name is treated as "Humiliated Son of God- Angel Bardiel" as long as it is face up on your side of the field. This card cannot be used for tributes except for a tribute summon for "God- Angel" monsters.
Old May 17th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Alter Ego
that evil mod from hell

Y'know, I just realized...I wouldn't dare to play Ramiel in a God-Angel deck, because if your opponent takes control of him even once while you have any God-Angel in play it's game over for you. Infinite destruction + Infinite destruction negation for LP loop, anyone? x.O

Aaaanyhow...

Ingenuity of God- Angel Sahaquiel: With the current top decks, this card instills more fear of god than any of the others, really. xD Potentially lethal effect that your opponent will have to brave unless they want all their precious draw cards locked down instead. At the same time, though, it's 7 star so it's a bit of a bother to summon, not to mention that you'll want this in defense so as to not get wiped out the 0 atk. (interestingly, this is the only God-Angel that doesn't have 0 def) Strong, but dangerous to wield, especially since God-Angel has to forfeit most conventional forms of protection.

Fear of God-Angel Ireul: Basically guaranteed to eat a card from the turn each turn once you've pulled the effect for the first time and checked their hand, meaning that your opponent will most likely be pressed into overplaying their hand, which you can then punish with other God-Angels. Manageable protection cost, but having this locked into attack position is a pretty scary prospect.

Jaws of God- Angel Leliel: one-sided, buffed Chain Energy? Yes, please. With no defense to its name, you'll be paying a lot of those 500-point fees, but then, your opponent will already have paid 800 to make that hit, so if you keep wiping the monsters out you win in the balance. This also has some interesting synergy with Ireul, punishing your opponent both for conserving and for using his cards. One question, though: does this cover setting cards too?

Humiliated Son of God- Angel Bardiel: Soo...essentially Autonomous Action Unit in slight improvement on legs? Worth considering, definitely, if only to widen the spectrum of monsters you can run with God-Angels. The way things are, there certainly shouldn't be any lack of viable targets for this. :3

And because I apparently can't get enough of making weird sets...:x

The Restless - Burning Phantom
Zombie/Effect
2 Star/Fire
1000 Atk / 1000 Def

When this card is Special Summoned from the Graveyard, inflict 1000 Damage to the controller of this card.

The Restless - Nameless Warrior
Zombie/Effect
4 Star/Earth
1800 Atk / 0 Def

If this card was Special Summoned from the Graveyard, this card must Battle each turn if able. At the end of a Battle Phase when this card was destroyed, the controller of this card pays 1000 Life Points to Special Summon this card to their Field in Attack Position. (This is not optional)

The Restless - Mischievous Revenant
Zombie/Effect
2 Star/Light
1450 Atk / 1300 Def

When this card is Special Summoned from the Graveyard, the controller of this card selects a card at random from their hand and returns it to the bottom of their deck.

The Restless - Spirit of Avarice
Zombie/Effect
5 Star/Fire
2050 Atk / 1500 Def

When this card is Special Summoned from the Graveyard, the controller of this card discards three cards from the top of their Deck for every card in their Hand.

The Restless - Weeping Maiden
Zombie/Effect
3 Star/Water
1700 Atk / 0 Def

All Battle Damage to the controller of this card from Battles involving this card is doubled. When this card is attacked, if this card was Special Summoned from the Graveyard, the Atk of this card becomes zero until the end of the Damage Step.

Curse of Return
Continuous Spell

When a "Restless" Monster you control is destroyed by Battle, you may pay 500 Life Points. If you do, Special Summon that Monster from your Graveyard to your opponent's Field during your next End Phase. When this card is destroyed or removed from the Field, all Monsters Special Summoned by this effect are destroyed.

Spirit's Haunting
Normal Spell

Special Summon one level 4 or lower Monster from either player's Graveyard to your opponent's Field.

Final Rest
Normal Trap

This card can only be activated when there are at least three differently named "Restless" Monsters on the Field, remove all "Restless" Monsters on the Field from play then both players draw a card for each of their opponent's Monsters removed by this effect. Monsters removed from play by this effect are not affected by any card effects.

Warding Chant
Normal Trap

Until the end of the third Battle Phase after this card's activation, "Restless" Monsters controlled by your opponent can not attack.

More to come...but I think these shall do for now. Do tell me what you think. :3

Last edited by Alter Ego; May 17th, 2008 at 12:30 PM.
Old May 17th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Burning Phantom- every set needs their pointless monsters.

Nameless Warrior- too bad we use Dimensional Prison instead of Sakuretsu Armor now if we aren't PWWB things back and forth. There's just really no traps that we play nowadays to make use of its effect.

Mischievous Revenant- wha, self pwnage...? Let's rename it Sadistic Revenant ;

Spirit of Avarice- for each card, when you mill more than the Lightsworn, there better be some darn good reason to do it >>;

Weeping Maiden- hm, the theme of this deck is probably self pwnage in all ways possible and some support card reverses the effect to the opponent I'm guessing.

Curse of Return- problem if, how do we survive the 1st assault of self pwnage before we can special summon the monsters on to the other side? Also, how does this card work with Nameless Warrior when the two effects demand special summon, but on the opposite side of the field?

Spirit's Haunting- Weeping Maiden is probably the best target. It's 3000+ damage at the cost of one card, provided that the battle phase worked well. Every other card doesn't do too much considering the setup required with this card (Nameless Warrior's atk power is hard to overcome as well on a consistent basis without lv 4+.)

Final Rest- problem is that if you do have some Restless monsters on the opponent's field, you probably want to nail for damage instead of drawing in such an indirect and time consuming matter. Zombie Master with Nameless Warrior and Card of Safe Return draw at a much more consistent and scary manner (if DD Crow didn't nail it).

Warding Chant- I guess o_o specific version of Swords of Revealing Light.

Problem with the set is the number of resources needed to send these monsters to the other side, and the pay off is only sub-par for the most part. Even with 3 creature swap, 3 pyramid turtles and 3 Spirit's Haunting, it still has some consistency problem on getting things to the other side. Like all zombies, these guys also share the common DD Crow hate too. Not to mention, these guys got no anti-tribute protection like the old parasite monsters =/

Restless monsters is so self-pwnage that you have to run other cards with it, which may press for deckspace problems. Nameless Warrior is the only Restless Monster that does neglectable harm if it's on your side of the field. Protection once the Restless Monsters are on the other side aren't really a problem. The problem lies in how to get monsters to that side to begin with (only creature swap?), and how to stand ground until you do draw the creature swap.
Old May 18th, 2008, 12:54 AM
Alter Ego
that evil mod from hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostweaver View Post
problem if, how do we survive the 1st assault of self pwnage before we can special summon the monsters on to the other side? Also, how does this card work with Nameless Warrior when the two effects demand special summon, but on the opposite side of the field?
Umm...the only ones that self-pwn before they're special summoned from the graveyard are the Maiden and - to a lesser degree - warrior; with most, you're safe as long you steer clear of graveyard recursions (since they all say "When this card is special summoned from the Graveyard); they'll be a bit subpar statwise, but they won't directly bite you. As for the warrior issue...the warrior's effect takes precedence since it resolves first. By the time you hit your End Phase, the warrior won't be in your graveyard anymore so Return won't be able to resolve. Bothersome, but you pretty much have to pull haunting or Creature Swap to toss the warrior over.

Anyways, yeah, the theme of the set is handing as many self-damagers as you can to your opponent. They're meant to be lost souls, after all; not something you want haunting your own field. ;D

Oh, and since you mentioned the resource problem...some of these may help.

Spirit Banisher
Spellcaster/Effect
4 Star/Light
1700 Atk / 700 Def

Once per turn, you may tribute one "Restless" Monster on your Field to Special Summon it to your opponent's Field. When this card attacks or is attacked by a "Restless" Monster, you may discard one card from your Hand to destroy that Monster with this card's effect without applying Damage Calculation.

Spirit Firefly
Fairy/Effect
1 Star/Light
0 Atk / 0 Def

When a "Restless" Monster is Special Summoned from the Graveyard to either player's Field, you may Special Summon this card from your Hand to that player's Field. All Battle Damage from Battles involving this card becomes zero. When a "Restless" Monster controlled by this card's controller is destroyed, this card is tributed to Special Summon that Monster to the controller's Field in its original position.

The Restless - Abandoned Bride
Zombie/Effect
3 Star/Wind
1800 Atk / 1300 Def

If this card is the only Monster on your Field, destroy this card and lose Life Points equal to its Atk. When this card is Special Summoned from the Graveyard, the controller of this card selects one "Restless" Monster from either player's Graveyard other than "The Restless - Abandoned Bride" and Special Summons it to their Field.

The Restless - Disgraced Emperor
Zombie/Effect
8 Star/Light
2600 Atk / 2200 Def

When this card is Special Summoned from the Graveyard, destroy all cards on the controller's Field other than "Restless" Monsters. For each card destroyed by this effect, the controller of this card loses 600 Life Points.

The Restless - Starving Ghoul
Zombie/Effect
6 Star/Earth
2300 Atk / 0 Def

During each End Phase, the controller of this card removes three cards in their Graveyard from play. If the number of cards in the controller's Graveyard is two or less, the controller of this card loses 500 Life Points for each card that would have been removed instead. When this card is Special Summoned from the Graveyard, remove all cards in the controller's Graveyard from play.

The Restless - Vindictive Soul
Zombie/Effect
4 Star/Dark
1900 Atk / 0 Def

When this card is Special Summoned from the Graveyard, the controller of this card tributes one Monster on their Field other than this card. At the end of a turn when this card did not destroy a Monster by Battle, the controller of this card selects one card on their Field other than this card and destroys it. If there are no cards to destroy, the controller of this card takes 800 damage instead.

Curse of Return (revamp)
Continuous Spell

When a "Restless" Monster is destroyed and sent your Graveyard, you may pay 500 Life Points. If you do, Special Summon that Monster to your opponent's Field on the next End Phase. When this card is destroyed or removed from the Field, destroy all Monsters Special Summoned by this effect.

Spirit Chain
Equip Spell

This card can only be equipped to a "Restless" Monster. A Monster equipped with this card is forced into Attack Position and can not be offered as tribute. At the end Phase of a turn when the Monster equipped with this card was sent to the Graveyard, you may discard one card from your Hand to Special Summon that Monster to the controller's Field in its original position and equip it with this card.

Spirit's Possession
Counter Trap

This card can only be activated when your opponent Special Summons a Monster. Negate the Special Summon of that Monster and destroy it, then select one "Restless" Monster whose Level is equal to or lower than the Level of the destroyed Monster from your Graveyard and Special Summon it to your opponent's Field.

Old May 18th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Scarlet Weather
The Game is Afoot!

Hmm...

Skipping comments on the early Restless monsters for the moment, mostly because Frosty said everything I wanted to say. I'll comment on the newest ones instead.

Spirit Banisher: Yay, ghost-banishing tricks! Unfortunately, Atk of 1700 puts it well out of recruiter range, which is a pity for poor Shining Angel, who still needs a worthwhile target besides D.D. Warrior Lady.

Spirit Firefly: Unfortunately, use of this monster with Spirit Warder is kind of... I dunno, counter-productive? Since the restless monster is destroyed, then comes back, and then is still able to attack if I'm not mistaken owing to prior rulings on cards such as Giant Rat or Mystic Tomato. So in the end, you're ditching two cards per Restless monster.

Abandoned Bride: Quick burn to your opponent if there aren't Restless monsters in the graveyard already, and a way to pull multiple Restless monsters out. Nice.

Disgraced Emperor: And now we have the king of the Restless. Unfortunately, he suffers from "too quick, too little" syndrome- not enough burn per destroyed card, especially considering the trend of commiting as little as possible to the field until you make the final push, and afterwards he becomes a 2600 Atk fighter for your opponent for free. AND he's eight-star, so you can't use him yourself.

Starving Ghoul: Screwing with graveyards, yay! Unfortunately, he's a bit... well, let's just say that the Parasite Demons are pwning this set left and right because they go from the hand to the opponent's field. FROM THE HAND. Meaning that you get to transfer negative effects right away, as opposed to needing special support to do it.

Vindictive Soul: One card per turn? Would be harsh, if you had more to wall with than Spirit Warder, who goes through your hand incredibly quickly. Seriously, it's either miss bringing back a Restless monster and re-using its effect, or losing an additional card from your hand and losing them until you want to stop bringing back the dang Restless. Seriously, poor Warder.

Curse of Return: Once again- Counterproductive with Spirit Warder, but makes it possible to transfer Restless monsters.

Spirit Chain: Very good. It brings back the monster but, unlike poor firefly who brings it back during the battle phase, this brings it back during the end phase and makes things much easier for Spirit Warder.

Spirit's Possession: Demon Fusion Lite. The problem is the same thing that happens with Black Horn of Heaven: Cyber Dragon and Dark Armed Dragon are feasible targets, and possibly Dark Grepher, but that's about it. Yeah, problematic.

x x x x

Old May 24th, 2008, 04:22 AM
Alter Ego
that evil mod from hell

Quote:
Spirit Firefly: Unfortunately, use of this monster with Spirit Warder is kind of... I dunno, counter-productive? Since the restless monster is destroyed, then comes back, and then is still able to attack if I'm not mistaken owing to prior rulings on cards such as Giant Rat or Mystic Tomato. So in the end, you're ditching two cards per Restless monster.
Ahh...but the whole point with restless is to spam them from the graveyard as many times as possible. Say you just smashed a special summoned Weeping Maiden with Asura Priest for 3400 then flanked it with this to bring that same maiden back for another go, or hit your opponent's hand with revenant, or their deck with Avarice...twice. Get the idea? :3 But yeah, it remains a tad situational. Let's see what we can do about that.

Quote:
Disgraced Emperor: And now we have the king of the Restless. Unfortunately, he suffers from "too quick, too little" syndrome- not enough burn per destroyed card, especially considering the trend of commiting as little as possible to the field until you make the final push, and afterwards he becomes a 2600 Atk fighter for your opponent for free. AND he's eight-star, so you can't use him yourself.
Well, with the mid-format banlist change, that kind of conservation has become a tad harder, really. (hinging our whole winning strike on a single copy of Return? Not likely.) Plus, most recursion methods these days stay on the field to work their magic (Premature, Escape, D.D.R. etc.), meaning that you hit both the recursion card and the recurred monster in one strike. (that's already 1200 burn)

Quote:
Starving Ghoul: Screwing with graveyards, yay! Unfortunately, he's a bit... well, let's just say that the Parasite Demons are pwning this set left and right because they go from the hand to the opponent's field. FROM THE HAND. Meaning that you get to transfer negative effects right away, as opposed to needing special support to do it.
In a way, yes, but there's a difference. The parasite effects are all slow grind, hinging either on your opponent's actions or only triggering once a turn, meaning that you have to keep them on your opponent's field for at least a turn before reaping any significant benefits. The restless, on the other hand, are all about being blown up again and again, most of them only landing a big, one-shot effect before they go bye-bye.

Quote:
Vindictive Soul: One card per turn? Would be harsh, if you had more to wall with than Spirit Warder, who goes through your hand incredibly quickly. Seriously, it's either miss bringing back a Restless monster and re-using its effect, or losing an additional card from your hand and losing them until you want to stop bringing back the dang Restless. Seriously, poor Warder.
Mmhmm...I was looking to make a more user-friendly restless to stand alongside the warrior, but I do get the point. Maybe up the destruction to two cards each turn?

Quote:
Curse of Return: Once again- Counterproductive with Spirit Warder, but makes it possible to transfer Restless monsters.
Counter-productivity thing already addressed above. This card pretty much sums up what the set is about, you know. xD

Quote:
Spirit's Possession: Demon Fusion Lite. The problem is the same thing that happens with Black Horn of Heaven: Cyber Dragon and Dark Armed Dragon are feasible targets, and possibly Dark Grepher, but that's about it. Yeah, problematic.
Umm...pardon me if I missed something, but what happened to Premature Burial, Monster Reborn, D.D.R., Dasher, and all those other special summon methods? Everything just mentioned works equally well for Spirit's Possession, and if what you drop down there is the emperor, that could mean one seriously screwed up rush for your opponent. ;D

Oh dear, looks like it's revamp time again. :x

Spirit Firefly
Fairy/Effect
1 Star/Light
0 Atk / 0 Def

This card can not be offered as tribute for a Tribute Summon. When a "Restless" Monster is Special Summoned from the Graveyard to either player's Field, you may Special Summon this card from your Hand or Deck to that player's Field. All Battle Damage from Battles involving this card becomes zero. When a "Restless" Monster controlled by this card's controller is destroyed, this card is tributed to Special Summon that Monster to the controller's Field in its original position.

The Restless - Burning Phantom
Zombie/Effect
2 Star/Fire
1000 Atk / 1000 Def

During the controller's Standby Phase, if this card is in Attack Position, the controller of this card loses 1000 Life Points. When this card is Special Summoned from the Graveyard, the controller of this card loses 1000 Life Points.

The Restless - Disgraced Emperor
Zombie/Effect
8 Star/Light
2600 Atk / 2200 Def

When this card is Special Summoned from the Graveyard, destroy all cards on the controller's Field other than "Restless" Monsters. For each card destroyed by this effect, the controller of this card loses 800 Life Points. Each time this card Battles, the controller of this card must send one card from their Hand or Field to the Graveyard.

The Restless - Mischievous Revenant
Zombie/Effect
2 Star/Light
1450 Atk / 1300 Def

If the Battle Position of this card is changed, discard a card at random from the controller's Hand. When this card is Special Summoned from the Graveyard, the controller of this card selects a card at random from their hand and returns it to the bottom of their deck.

The Restless - Vindictive Soul
Zombie/Effect
4 Star/Dark
1900 Atk / 0 Def

When this card is Special Summoned from the Graveyard, the controller of this card tributes one Monster on their Field other than this card. At the end of a turn when this card did not destroy a Monster by Battle, the controller of this card selects two cards from their Field other than this card and destroys them. If there are no cards to destroy, the controller of this card takes 800 damage instead.

Curse of Return
Continuous Spell

When a "Restless" Monster is sent your Graveyard, you may pay 500 Life Points. If you do, Special Summon that Monster to your opponent's Field on the next End Phase. When this card is destroyed or removed from the Field, destroy all Monsters Special Summoned by this effect.

Spirit's Possession
Counter Trap

This card can only be activated when your opponent Special Summons a Monster. Negate the Special Summon of that Monster and destroy it, then select one "Restless" Monster from your Graveyard and Special Summon it to your opponent's Field.

And since you mentioned the good old parasites...well, I figured it was time I gave them a final face-lift. Fuu...here goes. MOAR REVAMPS!!!one :3

Exorcism
Normal Spell

Select one "Parasite Demon" monster on the Field and destroy it. The controller of the card destroyed by this effect loses Life Points equal to the Atk of the destroyed monster.

Poltergeist
Normal Spell

Destroy one "Parasite Demon" monster on your opponent's Field. Select two cards at random from your opponent's Hand then place one of them at the top of your opponent's Deck and the other at the bottom of your opponent's Deck.

Violent Purge
Normal Trap

Destroy all face-up 'Parasite Demon' monsters on the Field. For each monster destroyed by this effect, inflict 1000 damage to the controller of the card(s).

Parasite Demon Karasu

Fiend/Effect
3 Star/Dark
1550 Atk / 600 Def

This card can be Special Summoned from your Hand to your opponent's Field. If you Special Summon this monster, you cannot Normal Summon or Set a monster during the same turn. This card may not be offered as tribute except to Special Summon a "Parasite Demon" monster. During each Standby Phase, the controller of this card pays 200 Life Points for every card in their Graveyard. (This is not optional)

Parasite Demon Searinox
Fiend/Effect
4 Star/Fire
1800 Atk / 500 Def

This card can be Special Summoned from your Hand to your opponent's Field. If you Special Summon this monster, you cannot Normal Summon or Set a monster during the same turn. This card may not be offered as tribute except to Special Summon a "Parasite Demon" monster. During each Standby Phase, the controller of this card pays 500 life points for every Monster Card on his/her field. (This is not optional)

Parasite Demon Zeptiemus
Fiend/Effect
4 Star/Water
1600 Atk/1800 Def

This card can be Special Summoned from your Hand to your opponent's Field. If you Special Summon this monster, you cannot Normal Summon or Set a monster during the same turn. This card may not be offered as tribute except to Special Summon a "Parasite Demon" monster. Whenever the controller of this card would gain Life Points, the controller of this card loses that many Life Points instead.

Parasite Demon Saadat
Fiend/Effect
6 Star/Earth
2450 Atk / 1850 Def

This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 1 monster on your opponent's Field and is Special Summoned to your opponent's Field. This card may not be offered as tribute except to Special Summon a "Parasite Demon" monster. If the controller of this card has more than three cards in their Hand, send cards at random from the controller's Hand to the Graveyard until the number of cards in his/her Hand is three.

Parasite Demon Nishruu
Fiend/Effect
6 Star/Dark
2500 Atk / 1200 Def

This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 1 monster on your opponent's Field and is Special Summoned to your opponent's Field. If you Special Summon this monster, you cannot Normal Summon or Set a monster during the same turn. This card may not be offered as tribute except to Special Summon a "Parasite Demon" monster. While this card is face-up on the Field, the controller of this card must pay 1000 Life Points to activate a Spell Card.

Parasite Demon Sherincal
Fiend/Effect
6 Star/Fire
2400 Atk / 1400 Def

This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 1 monster on your opponent's Field and is Special Summoned to your opponent's Field. If you Special Summon this monster, you cannot Normal Summon or Set a monster during the same turn. This card may not be offered as tribute except to Special Summon a "Parasite Demon" monster. While this card is face-up on the Field, the controller of this card must pay 1000 Life Points to activate a Trap Card.

Parasite Demon Severash

Fiend/Effect
8 Star/Dark
2900 Atk / 2300 Def

This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 2 monsters on your opponent's Field and is Special Summoned to your opponent's Field. If you Special Summon this monster, you cannot Normal Summon or Set a monster during the same turn. This card may not be offered as tribute except to Special Summon a "Parasite Demon" monsters. The controller of this card must discard one card from his/her Hand in order to set a card from his/her Hand.

Parasite Demon Shamishra

Fiend/Effect
6 Star/Fire
2300 Atk / 600 Def

This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 1 monster on your opponent's Field and is Special Summoned to your opponent's Field. If you Special Summon this monster, you cannot Normal Summon or Set a monster during the same turn. This card may not be offered as tribute except to Special Summon a "Parasite Demon" monster. Each time the effect of a card in the controller's Graveyard would be activated, the controller of this card pays 800 Life Points to negate it. (this is not optional)

Parasite Demon Jaboli
Fiend/Effect
7 Star/Earth
2700 Atk / 2100 Def

This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 2 monsters on your opponent's Field and is Special Summoned to your opponent's Field. If you Special Summon this monster, you cannot Normal Summon or Set a monster during the same turn. This card may not be offered as tribute except to Special Summon a "Parasite Demon" monster. Monsters on the controller's Field with a lower level than this card's may not Attack. During each End Phase, the controller of this card pays 800 Life Points for each of their monsters that didn't attack this turn. (this is not optional)

Parasite Demon Juncar
Fiend/Effect
3 Star/Dark
1400 Atk / 800 Def

This card can be Special Summoned from your Hand to your opponent's Field. This card may not be offered as tribute except to Special Summon a "Parasite Demon" monster. Whenever a monster is Summoned to the controller's Field (Including Flip Summon) the controller of this card discards a number of cards from the top of their Deck equal to the Level of the summoned Monster. For each card discarded by this effect, the controller of this card pays 100 Life Points. (this is not optional)

Parasite Demon Nefreeti
Fiend/Effect
4 Star/Fire
2000 Atk / 400 Def

This card can be Special Summoned from your Hand to your opponent's Field. This card may not be offered as tribute except to Special Summon a "Parasite Demon" monster. During each Standby Phase, the controller of this card tributes one Monster on their Field (if any) to take 800 Damage. (this is not optional)

Parasite Demon Tsukuya
Fiend/Effect
7 Star/Water
2600 Atk / 2600 Def

This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 2 monsters on your opponent's Field and is Special Summoned to your opponent's Field. If you Special Summon this monster, you cannot Normal Summon or Set a monster during the same turn. This card may not be offered as tribute except to Special Summon a "Parasite Demon" monster. During each of the controller's Standby Phases, Special Summon one Parasitic Token (Fiend Type/ Water Attribute/ 2 Star/ 1000 Atk/ 1500 Def) to the controller's side of the field in attack position. While this card is face-up on the field, destroy all tokens on the controller's field except for "Parasitic Token" and inflict 600 damage to this card's controller for each token destroyed by this effect..

Parasite Demon Karashah
Fiend/Effect
10 Star/Dark
3600 Atk/2800 Def

This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 3 monsters on your opponent's Field and is Special Summoned to your opponent's Field. If you Special Summon this monster, you cannot Normal Summon or Set a monster during the same turn. This card may not be offered as tribute except to Special Summon a "Parasite Demon" monster. During each of the controller's Standby Phases, the controller of this card tributes 2 cards from his/her field. If there are no cards to tribute, the controller of this card pays 1000 Life Points for each card that would have been tributed instead. (This is not optional)

And finally...something that ain't revamped.

Cahelion the Imprisoned
Fiend/Effect
10 Star/Dark
? Atk / 0 Def

This card can not be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned when "Cleansing Seal" is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard while this card is in your Hand or Graveyard. On the turn this Monster is Special Summoned, you may not Summon or Set any other Monsters (including Flip Summon). You may only have one "Cahelion the Imprisoned" on your Field at a time. The original Atk of this card becomes the combined original Atk of every "Parasite Demon" Monster on the Field. While there is a "Parasite Demon" Monster on the Field, this card can not be destroyed and is not affected by card effects.

Blood Offering
Normal Spell

Pay any Multiple of 1000 Life Points. For every 1000 Life Points you paid, Special Summon one Parasitic Token (Fiend Type/ Water Attribute/ 2 Star/ 1000 Atk/ 1500 Def) to your opponent's Field.

Aaand something that's not even masochistic like the rest. xD

Earthbound Angel
Rock/Effect
4 Star/Light
1200 Atk / 1800 Def

This card can not be Special Summoned from the Graveyard. While this card is face-up on the Field, cards can not be removed from the Graveyard.

Last edited by Alter Ego; May 25th, 2008 at 03:36 AM.
Old May 25th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Phanima
That servant of the evil one

Nature: Impish
Phani's <3 for machines returns~

Spoiler:
Monster Cards:

Name: Primal Armored Core
Attribute: EARTH
Type: Machine/Effect
Level: 7
ATK: 2000
DEF: 2000
Effect: If there is an "Armored Core" monster on your side of the field, you can Normal Summon this card with 1 Tribute. If you do, this card is unaffected by the effects of your opponent's Monster, Spell and Trap Cards.

Spell Cards:

Name: Reboot
Type: Normal
Effect: Return all Machine-Type monsters in both players' Graveyards to their respective Decks.

Trap Cards:

Name: Plug-in Field
Type: Continuous
Effect: This card can only be activated when there is at least 1 or more Machine-Type monster(s) on your opponent's side of the field. As long as this card remains face-up on the field, all monsters your opponent controls become Machine-Type monsters.

Name: Kojima Burst
Effect: When an "Armored Core" monster is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard as a result of battle, destroy all face-up Machine-Type monsters on the field except "Armored Core" monsters.

And some Alien rip-offs for a future NPC. *w*

Spoiler:
Monster Cards:

Name: Psycho Parasite
Attribute: DARK
Type: Insect/Effect
Level: 4
ATK: 400
DEF: 700
Effect: When this card is Normal Summoned successfully, put 1 A-Counter on each face-up monster your opponent controls. (If a "Psycho" monster is attacked or attacks a monster with an A-Counter, it gains 300 ATK and DEF for each A-Counter during damage calculation only.)

Name: Psycho Shocktrooper
Type: Reptile/Effect
ATK: 1400
DEF: 1600
Effect: Once per turn, select and place 1 A-Counter on 1 monster on your opponent's side of the field. This card cannot attack except for the selected monster. (If a "Psycho" monster is attacked or attacks a monster with an A-Counter, it gains 300 ATK and DEF for each A-Counter during damage calculation only.)

Name: Psycho Mother
Type: Insect/Effect
Level: 7
ATK: 2000
DEF: 1900
Effect: Whenever this card destroys a monster with an A-Counter by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, return the destroyed monster to the top of your opponent's Deck and inflict 300 damage to your opponent. (If a "Psycho" monster is attacked or attacks a monster with an A-Counter, it gains 300 ATK and DEF for each A-Counter during damage calculation only.)

Name: Psycho Nought
Type: Machine/Effect
Level: 3
ATK: 0
DEF: 300
Effect: When this card is destroyed as a result of battle and sent to the Graveyard, you can destroy 1 monster without an A-Counter. (If a "Psycho" monster is attacked or attacks a monster with an A-Counter, it gains 300 ATK and DEF for each A-Counter during damage calculation only.)

Name: Psycho Father
Level: 8
ATK: 2500
DEF: 2000
Effect: If this card is attacked or attacks a monster without an A-Counter, it loses 300 ATK and DEF during damage calculation only. You can Special Summon this card on your opponent's side of the field by offering 3 of your opponent's monsters with A-Counters as Tributes. If this card is Special Summoned in this way, place 2 A-Counters on all face-up monsters on the controller of this card's field.

Name: Psycho Mars
ATK: 900
DEF: 1300
Effect: If this card is attacked or attacks a monster without an A-Counter, it loses 300 ATK and DEF during damage calculation only. As long as this card remains face-up on the field, monsters with A-Counters are not destroyed by battle (damage calculation is applied normally).

Spell Cards:

Name: Advanced Atrophy
Effect: Place 1 A-Counter on all face-up monsters on the field, then take damage equal to the number of counters placed by this effect x 300.

Name: Psycho Immunisation
Effect: Destroy all A-Counters on your side of the field.

Trap Cards:

Name: Psycho Cocoon Nest
Type: Continuous
Effect: As long as this card remains face-up on the field, your opponent's monsters are treated as "Psycho" monsters.
featured series: touhou project
coordinated by and joined with: aea

familiar of knowledge. koakuma.
scandalous matriarch love affair and pair. aea illegitimate lovechild. mika loyal steed of comradery. scarlet live-in sisterly familiar. ninetales
Old May 29th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Alter Ego
that evil mod from hell

Now, now, now...what's all this, then? Still no new card comments here? Looks like I'll have to do something about that myself, then.

Primal Armored Core: You can just go with "unaffected by your opponent's card effects". Hmm...full effect immunity is interesting, I'll give it that, but then the monster itself has fairly low stats so there shouldn't be any balance issues with this. Nice card, one that could actually reap some serious benefit from those old Atk up equips too. =O

Reboot: Gadget love? Well, I guess it's a way to recycle searchable machines, and I certainly see no obvious exploits for this, so it's fair enough at least.

Plug-in Field: Ugh...this looks a bit too situational for me since it's dependent on the monster types your opponent plays and is essentially just a one-sided DNA Surgery. System Down/Machine Control Virus follow-up could be a potential exploit route, but then that's kind of not worth protecting this card for. (though I suppose your opponent might not feel such a pressing need to get rid of it either). Still, whatever serves your RPing needs.

Kojima Burst: Ahh...I do believe I see the follow-up here. xD Ehh...not too hot, really, as we could just play Lightning Vortex to wipe the field without needing a specific continuous trap or battle destruction for support.

Psycho Parasite: A-counter spread is always good for these critters, though I see that the parasite is also faithful to their line of terribly low stats.

Psycho Shocktrooper: The second effect is sort of confusing...did you mean "This card can only attack the selected monster"? Because that's going to cause conflicts if you've used this effect multiple turns in a row without wiping the target out each turn (thus establishing multiple 'target only me' monsters). Maybe limit that second effect to only apply for the turn you place the A-Counter on? Anyways, much-needed size increase for these (as it's an effective 1700+ because of the effect), though it's still a bit...lacking.

Psycho Mother: Now this is evil, actually. In combo with A-Zone, this means everything your opponent summons is liable to get spun right back to your deck and burn you in the process, creating a draw lock similar to Jackal Control. It's insect, too, so we have lots of special summon methods at our disposal. (Pinch Hopper, Gigaplant and Insect Imitation come to mind here)

Psycho Nought: Oh come now, we already have Newdoria which just plain trumps this on every front. Maybe have it do something a bit more substantial in compensation for the bother of spreading those A-counters?

Psycho Father: So...sort of a Lava Golem style touch? On one hand, tributing is the nastiest way to dispose of a big beatstick, but on the other...three monsters with A-Counters on them is a pretty tall order, and even if you do pull it off, odds are that this card won't have very many critters to distribute his own counters among. Mother > this. =O

Psycho Mars: Umm...yay for protecting our opponent's monsters? x.O I suppose this has some sort of synergy with Father (though it's pretty weak since they can just switch their monsters into defense to avoid damage), but it's kicking the strongest card among these right where it hurts, so I'm not too wild about it.

Advanced Atrophy: Okay, Alien those want those counters out badly, but...ouch, just ouch. That LP cost is looking pretty hefty to me. Mass Brainwashing follow-up FTW? :x

Psycho Immunisation: that would be "Remove all A-Counters from your Field" since counters aren't monsters and thus can't be destroyed. I really don't see why you'd want to run this outside of the highly unlikely Alien mirror match, but whatever floats your boat...

Psycho Cocoon Nest: Again, I find myself wondering what this card is meant to accomplish. I take it, it's something involved with fakes you haven't show yet?

And like, since I'm against not leaving a new fake with every post:

Wall of Remnants
Rock/Effect
3 Star/Dark
0 Atk / 1800 Def

Once per turn, if this card is in your Graveyard, negate the attack of a Monster with an Atk low than or equal to the original Def of this card.

Last edited by Alter Ego; May 29th, 2008 at 08:35 AM.
Old May 29th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Forci Stikane

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Forci Stikane Send a message via Yahoo to Forci Stikane
:O Oh, my goodness. Just look what happens when I leave you all alone: ACC suddenly gets lazy and we have...a full page of posts!! My, my...

Quote:
Wall of Remnants
Rock/Effect
3 Star/Dark
0 Atk / 1800 Def

Once per turn, if this card is in your Graveyard, negate the attack of a Monster with an Atk low than or equal to the original Def of this card.
Not quite sure what to say here. A lot of beatsticks will completely ignore this card, and it'll only help out with stuff that's searchable, mainly...and, of course, there's the once-per-turn limit. Still, there are a lot of monsters it can stop.

And, of course:

Psycho Destiny
Quick-Play Spell
This card cannot be activated during your turn after you have finished your Main Phase. Roll a six-sided die for each face-up "Psycho Hero" on the field. Discard a number of cards form the top of your opponent's deck equal to the combined result. It is now the End Phase of your turn.
----------------------------------------
Evolution Chain:
Ichapokemr -----2000 Posts-----> Ichaste Pekoni (5/8/2007) -----3500 Posts (12/29/08) -----> Forci Stikane
Old May 29th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Scarlet Weather
The Game is Afoot!

*smacks Icha* I am ACC, you little nutcase you. XD

And.... WELCOME BA~CK!

Welcoming Party
Normal Spell
Hold a welcome-back party for Icha, complete with drinking games. Get him smashed on root beer, if possible, in order to gain the edge in the duel. XD

And wouldn't you know it, just when NiGHTS gets banned....

hmm... well, I'd comment on the Restless monsters and the revamped demons but... THERE ARE WAY TOO FREAKING MANY TO COMMENT ON AT ONCE. 0.o

So instead, I'll just post a revamp of my own favorite fake set, a little at a time. :3

Yoko Yokai
Monster/Fire/Beast/Effect/4*
Atk 1900/ Def 1000
Once during your main phase, you can tribute this face up monster to send the top card of your opponent's deck to the graveyard. If that card is a monster, inflict damage to your opponent's life points equal to the original Atk or Def of that monster, whichever is higher.

Yokai Mountain
Field Spell
Once per turn, you can special summon a "Yokai" monster from your graveyard that was tributed for its own effect during your last turn. A monster summoned in this way cannot be tributed on the turn it was summoned. While you control this card, both players must play with their decks upside-down and draw from the bottom of their decks, and show each other their hands. When this card would be destroyed, you can destroy a face-up "Yokai" monster you control instead.

Yokai Karasu
Monster/Dark/Winged Beast/Effect/3*
Atk 1400/ Def 1600
During your main phase, you can tribute this monster in order to randomly select one card from your opponent's hand and place it on top of their deck. If "Yokai Mountain" is on the field, you can select the card you place on your opponent's deck instead. You cannot activate this effect if there are less than three cards in your opponent's hand.

Yokai Kappa
Monster/Water/Fish/Effect/4*
Atk 1600/ Def 1400
By tributing this monster, you can special summon one level four or lower "Yokai" monster from your deck. A monster summoned by this effect cannot attack or be tributed on the turn it is summoned.

x x x x

Old May 29th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Forci Stikane

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Forci Stikane Send a message via Yahoo to Forci Stikane
Quote:
*smacks Icha* I am ACC, you little nutcase you. XD

......Wait...WHAT!!!!?!??????????

And.... WELCOME BA~CK!

Welcoming Party
Normal Spell
Hold a welcome-back party for Icha, complete with drinking games. Get him smashed on root beer, if possible, in order to gain the edge in the duel. XD

15 people show up at the maximum and I don't drink. 'Nuff said.

hmm... well, I'd comment on the Restless monsters and the revamped demons but... THERE ARE WAY TOO FREAKING MANY TO COMMENT ON AT ONCE. 0.o

AHA!!! I was right after all! =O

So instead, I'll just post a revamp of my own favorite fake set, a little at a time. :3

Yoko Yokai
Monster/Fire/Beast/Effect/4*
Atk 1900/ Def 1000
Once during your main phase, you can tribute this face up monster to send the top card of your opponent's deck to the graveyard. If that card is a monster, inflict damage to your opponent's life points equal to the original Atk or Def of that monster, whichever is higher.

Slight mill with maybe a burn, but with Monster Reborn back there is too much of a chance to get it thrown back in your face. Heaven help you if you end up dropping Disc Commander...

Yokai Mountain
Field Spell
Once per turn, you can special summon a "Yokai" monster from your graveyard that was tributed for its own effect during your last turn. A monster summoned in this way cannot be tributed on the turn it was summoned. While you control this card, both players must play with their decks upside-down and draw from the bottom of their decks, and show each other their hands. When this card would be destroyed, you can destroy a face-up "Yokai" monster you control instead.

I don't think there's much to say here. Convulsion of Nature + Respect Play + Skyscraper 2 copy (sort of) + protection. Quite a few novelty cards would love this, including a personal like, Ominous Fortunetelling.

Yokai Karasu
Monster/Dark/Winged Beast/Effect/3*
Atk 1400/ Def 1600
During your main phase, you can tribute this monster in order to randomly select one card from your opponent's hand and place it on top of their deck. If "Yokai Mountain" is on the field, you can select the card you place on your opponent's deck instead. You cannot activate this effect if there are less than three cards in your opponent's hand.

Tomato-searchable and miniature The Forceful Sentry. Perhaps splashable in Tomato decks for hand control.

Yokai Kappa
Atk 1600/ Def 1400
By tributing this monster, you can special summon one level four or lower "Yokai" monster from your deck. A monster summoned by this effect cannot attack or be tributed on the turn it is summoned.

Eh, I'd rather go with normal searchers, I think. Even if this one has that magic 1600 ATK, searchers are a little more versatile.
Evolution Chain:
Ichapokemr -----2000 Posts-----> Ichaste Pekoni (5/8/2007) -----3500 Posts (12/29/08) -----> Forci Stikane
Old May 30th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Alter Ego
that evil mod from hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichaste Pekoni View Post
15 people show up at the maximum and I don't drink. 'Nuff said.
Aww...but haven't you ever heard of quality over quantity? Oh well, more root beer for me. xD

Not that I've ever actually had a root beer in my life, mind you, but I'm willing to give it a try. If there's one thing the mili has taught me, it's that you should never turn down an offer of free edibles and/or drink. :3

Quote:
I know. I'd share my personal theory of NiGHTS being an ancient spirit trapped in the millenium keyboard that had temporarily assumed control of Icha's body and was - in the absence of an all-fixing card game - banished along with his user account, but somehow I don't think it would be appreciated. xD

Quote:
So obviously you couldn't comment on some of them? Or even just the ones that weren't revamps? I smell a touch of laziness here...=P Besides, I rated all of the psycho heroes and goodness knows how many other cards all in one post way back then. Ahh...crazy days. xD

Quote:
Not quite sure what to say here. A lot of beatsticks will completely ignore this card, and it'll only help out with stuff that's searchable, mainly...and, of course, there's the once-per-turn limit. Still, there are a lot of monsters it can stop.
Mmm...I thought long and hard about this one because I wanted it to have some usefulness, yet at the same time I didn't want to completely overshadow Necro Gardna, so I settled for a more limited pool of targets in exchange for reusability. :3

Psycho Destiny: Self-mill on drugs. o.o Refresh my memory: is there a psycho hero that can abuse this like crazy? Because otherwise...well, to borrow Frosty's philosopy: if a card mills more than Lightsworn it had better have a darn good reason to do it. Possible Blasting the Ruins/Magical Explosion follow-up for the win, maybe?

Yoko Yokai: It's true that this can bite you if luck (or Yokai Mountain) ain't on your side, but then...with the format being what it is, odds are that your opponent will have ample ways to ditch that monster anyway, so I see nothing wrong with letting them eat 2800 points of damage for that Zerato/DMoC before they get to reap the benefits for it. And let's not even get me started on how mean it is to nail Judgment Dragon or Dark Armed with this. It's a nice, solid, 1900-atk body too, so it certainly won't be idle on your field either way.

Yokai Mountain: Indeed, lots of love for marginalized cards here. Archfiend's Oath is always a keeper (is it just me or did the potential Yokai draw engines get even more expansive than before?), and you might even get lucky with Conscription. (Your Dark Magician of Chaos? Guess again, amigo. xD)

Yokai Karasu: Potential for an endless spin lock here, provided that you manage to secure mountain on the field and at least three unplayable cards in your opponent's hand. (tricky, but not impossible) Failing that, the Conscription synergy I just mentioned has just become a notch more viable. Plus, hand disruption is never wrong, especially with the mountain tp churn this out time and time again.

Yokai Kappa: Agreed, there are too many restrictions on this. Maybe let it summon without level restriction (possibly excluding the real big ones like Okami or Kyuubi) or at least let the summoned monster attack on the turn it's summoned?

Now then...

Colossus of Gaia
Rock/Effect
10 Star/Earth
2800 Atk / 2800 Def

This card can not be Special Summoned. If there are no Rock Type Monsters in your Graveyard, destroy this card. Reduce the Level of this card in your Hand by the number of differently named Rock Type Monsters in your Graveyard. While this card is face-up on the Field, the original Atk and Def of all Monsters on the Field are switched.

Shifting Mosaic Jar
Rock/Fusion/Effect
5 Star/Earth
800 Atk / 700 Def

Morphing Jar + Morphing Jar #2

A Fusion Summon of this card can only be conducted with the above Fusion Material Monsters. During your Main Phase, by paying 2000 Life Points, send all cards on the Field and in both player's Hands to the Graveyard. Then, both players declare one type of card (Spell, Trap, or Monster) pick up a number of cards equal to the number of their cards sent to the Graveyard by this effect. Both players then send all cards of the type they declared to the Graveyard then add the rest of the cards to their Hands.

Aaand something silly that is linked to another even more silly idea. xD

Card Law: Conquest
Normal Spell

Pay 2000 Life Points. For the remainder of the Duel, whenever a Monster is destroyed by Battle, it is added to the Hand of the player who destroyed it instead of being sent to the Graveyard. When the card(s) are sent to the Graveyard, they are sent to the Graveyard of the original owner. When this card is activated, the Effects of other "Card Law" Spell Cards that have been activated during this Duel are no longer applied.

Card Law: Equal Loss
Normal Spell

Pay 2000 Life Points. For the remainder of the Duel, all effects of discarding cards from a player's Deck are applied for both players. When this card is activated, the Effects of other "Card Law" Spell Cards that have been activated during this Duel are no longer applied.

Card Law: Zero Sum

Pay 2000 Life Points. For the remainder of the Duel, whenever a player draws a card(s) as the result of a card effect, that player returns cards from their Hand to the bottom of their Deck until the number of cards in their Hand is equal to the number of cards they had in their Hand before the effect was activated. When this card is activated, the Effects of other "Card Law" Spell Cards that have been activated during this Duel are no longer applied.

Last edited by Alter Ego; May 30th, 2008 at 10:43 AM.
Old May 30th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Forci Stikane

Quote:
I know. I'd share my personal theory of NiGHTS being an ancient spirit trapped in the millenium keyboard that had temporarily assumed control of Icha's body and was - in the absence of an all-fixing card game - banished along with his user account, but somehow I don't think it would be appreciated. xD

You'd be wrong. The truth is actually much better for an RP...

Psycho Destiny: Self-mill on drugs. o.o Refresh my memory: is there a psycho hero that can abuse this like crazy? Because otherwise...well, to borrow Frosty's philosopy: if a card mills more than Lightsworn it had better have a darn good reason to do it. Possible Blasting the Ruins/Magical Explosion follow-up for the win, maybe?

Quote:
Psycho Destiny
Quick-Play Spell
This card cannot be activated during your turn after you have finished your Main Phase. Roll a six-sided die for each face-up "Psycho Hero" on the field. Discard a number of cards form the top of your opponent's deck equal to the combined result. It is now the End Phase of your turn.
Now then...

Colossus of Gaia
Rock/Effect
10 Star/Earth
2800 Atk / 2800 Def

This card can not be Special Summoned. If there are no Rock Type Monsters in your Graveyard, destroy this card. Reduce the Level of this card in your Hand by the number of Differently named Rock Type Monster in your Graveyard. While this card is face-up on the Field, the original Atk and Def of all Monsters on the Field are switched.

Hello, Labyrinth Wall/Millennium Shield swar--no, wait...Hello, GIANT ROCK beatsticks. And just summoning Valkyrion alone would drop this to what, Level 7? One away from single-tribute.

Shifting Mosaic Jar
Rock/Fusion/Effect
5 Star/Earth
800 Atk / 700 Def

Morphing Jar + Morphing Jar #2

A Fusion Summon of this card can only be conducted with the above Fusion Material Monsters. During your Main Phase, by paying 2000 Life Points, send all cards on the Field and in both player's Hands to the Graveyard. Then, both players declare one type of card (Spell, Trap, or Monster) pick up a number of cards equal to the number of their cards sent to the Graveyard by this effect. Both players then send all cards of the type they declared to the Graveyard then add the rest of the cards to their Hands.

I use Magical Explosion OTK and call Spell. Magical Explosion just became an FTK (again).

Aaand something silly that is linked to another even more silly idea. xD

Card Law: Conquest
Normal Spell

Pay 2000 Life Points. For the remainder of the Duel, whenever a Monster is destroyed by Battle, it is added to the Hand of the player who destroyed it instead of being sent to the Graveyard. When the card(s) are sent to the Graveyard, they are sent to the Graveyard of the original owner. When this card is activated, the Effects of other "Card Law" Spell Cards that have been activated during this Duel are no longer applied.

Okay, what about the taken monsters once this no longer applies? Are they returned to the opponent, count as yours, or what?

Card Law: Equal Loss
Normal Spell

Pay 2000 Life Points. For the remainder of the Duel, all effects of discarding cards from a player's Deck are applied for both players. When this card is activated, the Effects of other "Card Law" Spell Cards that have been activated during this Duel are no longer applied.

Lightsworn. 'Nuff said.

Card Law: Zero Sum

Pay 2000 Life Points. For the remainder of the Duel, whenever a player draws a card(s) as the result of a card effect, that player returns cards from their Hand to the bottom of their Deck until the number of cards in their Hand is equal to the number of cards they had in their Hand before the effect was activated. When this card is activated, the Effects of other "Card Law" Spell Cards that have been activated during this Duel are no longer applied.
Mmm...I think you need to specify timing for this. Otherwise, cards like Dark World Dealings may dodge it (ala DMoC-style) and you might or might not be able to return the cards you draw.
Evolution Chain:
Old May 30th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Scarlet Weather
The Game is Afoot!

Why, yes, AE, I am extremely lazy. But since you won't be around for a while, I suppose I could just do a quick overview of a few of your revamped and new cards. *sigh*

Earthbound Angel: Mein Gott... Gadget has a new bestest buddy, and so does every other deck that wants to shut down Dark Armed Dragon and similar strategies in a hurry. It's like a miniature End of Anubis.

Cahelion the Imprisoned: Also known as "Cahelion the great wall of doom". If you have multiple Parasites on your field already, you do NOT want to be hit with this guy. Not only can he pick off the weaker parasites if he has enough Atk and the LP damage is worth it, he's the biggest wall a Parasite player could hope to throw at the opponent. Foolish Burial in demon decks to ensure Cahelion lock, anyone? Plus, it'll make the opponent think twice about destroying Cleansing Seal.... mwahaha.

Blood Offering: 1000+ LP to give tributable tokens to my opponent? Thanks but no thanks. They need a restriction on what they can be tributed for, at the very least.

And in response to the wording on Spirit Posession earlier... its current wording is the same as Black Horn of Heaven's, which means that it can only target monsters that have been summoned by their own effect as opposed to the effect of another card, as I recall.

Oh, and a few more because I have time.

Jaboli: Forced attack or burn damage? Interesting, especially considering the possibilities when you control Cleansing Seal or Cahelion.

Severash: Dark World can't even LOL at this, because the effect is a cost. Nice, and a helpful way to ensure that nasty Torrential Tribute traps are harder to set. :3

Edit: And here I forgot the whole reason I was posting. FAKES!!! FAKES!!!!

Yokai Kappa (revamped)
Atk 1600/ Def 1400
By tributing this monster, choose one "Yokai" monster from your deck except "Yokai Kyuubi" and special summon it to your side of the field in face-up attack mode. The monster summoned by this effect cannot be tributed on the turn it is summoned unless you control "Yokai Mountain".

Yokai Oni
Monster/Earth/Fiend/Effect/6*
Atk 2200/ Def 1400
Tribute this monster in order to look at the top card of your deck. Based on that card's type, activate the appropriate effect:
-Monster: Special summon this monster from your graveyard after its effect resolves. Its original Atk becomes 2600 and it deals piercing damage.
-Spell: Add one "Yokai Mountain" to your hand from your deck.
-Trap: "Yokai" monsters you control are unaffected by your opponent's trap cards until this turn's end phase.

Yokai Okami
Monster/Light/Beast/Effect/6*
Atk 2100/ Def 1500
Tribute this monster in order to select one level five or higher monster your opponent controls and destroy it. Your opponent takes damage equal to half the original Atk or Def of the destroyed monster, whichever is higher.

Yokai Ronin
Monster/Eart/Warrior/Effect/3*
Atk 1200/ Def 1400
Tribute this monster in order to special summon a "Yokai" monster from your graveyard that was tributed for its own effect, except "Yokai Kyuubi".

x x x x

Last edited by Scarlet Weather; May 30th, 2008 at 07:48 PM.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 06:59 AM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

I don't do reviews mainly because I'm too lazy to review if there's a whole stack of cards to do, but maybe I got a small bit of time today =P

Yoko Yokai- eh more like beatstick of the theme unless we can do something with mill

Yokai Mountain- what Icha said... just combining a LOT of effects into one card really

Yokai Karasu- definitely has its use even without being splashed. With the field card, it's pretty deadly. Tribute it once, then it's still a fodder to protect the field card.

Yokai Kappa- does have use above normal searchers and that is this one doesn't need to be destroyed in battle or sent to the graveyard. However, no attacking or tributing is pretty slow...

Colossus of Gaia- interested card as I always agree that rock should stick to high def and work off of it excluding the crazy jars and stupid magnets. 4 rock monsters in graveyard takes some setup though... morphing jar does help quite a bit here

Shifting Mosaic Jar- instant fusion?

Card Law- Conquest: pretty fun way to punish disc commander along with keeping graveyard extremely empty by fueling it to your hand instead for whatever purpose. Muka muka will somehow like this type of thing XD;

Equal Loss- pretty suicidal though, as we want to mill ourselves nowadays for most decks except gladiator beasts. As much as how lightsworn comes to mind, can lightsworn really play a mill deck instead with this? Hm... seems just as iffy to me like Judgment Dragon. If they milled this card down to graveyard, oops?

Zero sum- unstoppable protector of the sanctuary type of effect. Lightsworn and gladiator beasts will feel proud running these things... kinda overpowered as it counters all the stronger theme (strong because they can draw)

Yokai Kappa revamped- O_O; sooo, use this to start chain reaction to get all the kappas out at once, and we got 3 1600s on to the field at once... but at least it's forced to be run with the field card?

Yokai Oni- just not worth the trouble that it's a tribute monster even with Kappa to bring it out. The effects are really subpar. Either a beatstick, a cheap terraforming or 1 turn ancient gear... most traps are solemn judgments nowadays.

Yokai Okama- so punish dasher, monarch, DMoC and so on... it's not bad for field control if you can keep mountain alive.

Yokai Ronin- so here it is, the CoSR abuser of the deck... Kappa tribute for Ronin, Ronin brings back Kappa. Kappa tributes for next Ronin, you get the picture... in case this 6 monster engine is consumed, luckily 6 is a bigger number than the 5 required in pot of avarice o_o

Yokai Mountain has built in protection, and getting a Yokai monster out is not difficult at all since 1 Kappa means a field full of monsters within 1 turn. As of right now, Yokai theme is a near OTK to try to clear the field, drop the mountain, use Ronin + Kappa's tribute chain to get 2 kappa, 2 ronin and 1 Okami for a brilliant near 8000 damage right on. Okami can clear the field for the other 4 to attack too if there is someone blocking the way...

OTK material >_<;; the revamped Kappa is obviously the source of the problem. It was too weak before, and it's too strong now...

Vanity Punisher
Spellcaster/Effect
4 Star/Earth
1400 Atk / 1800 Def

This card cannot be special summoned. When this card battles with a monster that is special summoned, increase the Atk and Def of this card by 1500 during damage calculation.

Pedestral of Summoning
Continuous Spell

Whenever a monster is special summoned, put 1 spell counter on this card. When there are three spell counters on this card, tribute this card and activate one of the following effects:
-special summon one "Dark Magician" from your hand, deck or graveyard. "Dark Magician" is unaffected by your opponent's spell cards.
-special summon a Spellcaster monster from your deck, and put 1 spell counter on it.

Last edited by Frostweaver; June 2nd, 2008 at 08:25 AM.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 10:02 AM
Alter Ego
that evil mod from hell

Quote:
Zero sum- unstoppable protector of the sanctuary type of effect. Lightsworn and gladiator beasts will feel proud running these things... kinda overpowered as it counters all the stronger theme (strong because they can draw)
*Sigh* Guilty as charged. What can I say? I just wanted a card to hit the old 'draw your whole deck in one turn' game right where it hurts. xD

Yokai Kappa: Yeah, better just keep that 'no on-summon tribute' part right where we can see it. Frosty already pretty much summed up how crazy this is.

Yokai Oni: yeah...not to hot for a tribute monster. Maybe drop the atks a bit and make it low-level?

Yokai Okami: Hii Dark Armed/Jinzo/DMoC/whatever! Guess who doesn't need a bigger beater than you? ^_^ It's kind of lightly troublesome to get this thing out, but once you do with Mountain behind you, you've got yourself some pretty nasty field management.

Yokai Ronin: You don't even need to stop there. Just tribute one Ronin to recur whatever, tribute the second for the first, then first for the second again. Lather, rinse, and repeat for infinite draws out of Safe Return; it's really just another incarnation of double Manticore when you think about it, except that Ronin is a low-level, low-atk Warrior, making it dead easy to search and recur. :x

Vanity Punisher: Only complaint is how it can't be special summoned. But then, letting that one slip would be screwing with the vanity thematic. xP So basically, it's a simple one-card solution against all cheaply pulled big beaters save for Judgment Dragon, eh? Liking this, definitely, as it is actually surprisingly hard to get past this with the current top decks. (I mean, how big do we usually normal summon, really? Can't really see it going past Stratos or Zombie Master, save for the odd monarch deck or LaDD) I can see this bugging the hell out of Gladiator Beast too. xD

Pedestral of Summoning: Now why do I see DMoC as an obvious pick here? (Immediately pulls back the spent pedestal too) Still, placing spell counters opens up some interesting opportunities with stuff like Dark Red Enchanter and Magical Marionette too. Only thing is that spellcaster already has quite a bit of special summoning between Magical Dimension and Magician's Circle. Still...more is never wrong, I suppose. xD

After that huge pile of customs I probably should cool it, but...a few shouldn't hurt. xD

Jinzo - Backup
Machine/Effect
4 Star/Dark
1700 Atk / 500 Def

When "Jinzo" on your Field is destroyed, Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. When this card is Special Summoned this way, it gains the following effect:

- Once per turn, if a Trap Card is activated, negate the activation and effect of that card and destroy it.

Psycho Voltage
Normal Spell

This card can only be activated on a turn when you haven't Summoned or Set a Monster (Including Flip Summon). Special Summon one "Jinzo" Monster from your Graveyard. When you Summon another Monster (Including Flip Summon), the Monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed.

Last edited by Alter Ego; June 20th, 2008 at 01:48 AM. Reason: For the greater balance! >O
Old June 2nd, 2008, 12:40 PM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

I made that card purely with the hope that DMOC (along with Discoboy) are gone by september! >_<!

Pedestral of Summoning is actually really slow and not really usable, but at least that card will be a better common than the commons we get IRL anyday XD; Perhaps better if I say, 2 spell counters instead of 3?

Jinzo Backup- I'm not sure if you know the newer Jinzo returner engine for DAD, but yeah. This will be a great part of it. Returner always blows up the Jinzo, which will always bring this out. Talk about an endless cycle of anti-trap doom o_o A darn lot of muscle too on a 1900 body.

Psycho Voltage- suddenly even Jinzo family is highly compatible with card of safe return, which is unbelievable. You receive Jinzo with this or returner, and that works. Jinzo blows up to get the backup, which is more draw. o_o What's with PC's ability to make cards that rely on graveyard summoning (and getting screwed by Crow?)
Old June 5th, 2008, 05:43 AM
Forci Stikane

Quote:
o_o What's with PC's ability to make cards that rely on graveyard summoning (and getting screwed by Crow?)
I guess that's just the "hot" topic for card making.

Oh, and speaking of hot topics...

Rules
Normal Spell
Pay 5000 Life Points in order to activate this card. Remove from play all cards on the field and in either player's Hand, Deck, and Graveyard that are listed as Limited or Semi-Limited on the official Advanced Format Limited and Forbidden Lists.

Money
Quick-Play Spell
You can only activate this card in response to the activation of "Rules". Your cards are not removed from play by the effect of "Rules". You may also discard this card from your hand in order to activate it.
Evolution Chain:
Old June 6th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Joke Over-Recitation
Normal Spell

You and your opponent take turns reciting Yugioh the Abridged Series joke. Whoever fails to recite a Yugioh the Abridged Series joke first, loses the duel, but proves that he/she still has a life.

Arcana Force- XVI The Tower
Spellcaster / Effect
6 Star / Light
2100 Atk / 2300 Def

When this card is summoned, flip a coin.
-heads: If your life points are lower than the opponent, switch your life points with the opponent. If your life points are higher, decrease your opponent's life points by 1000.
-tails: If your life points are higher than the opponent, switch your life points with the opponent. If your life points are lower, decrease your life points by 1000.

Last edited by Frostweaver; June 7th, 2008 at 03:50 PM.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here