The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 21st, 2008, 08:29 AM
simplynaruto
Booted out - don't be like me!

Advertise here
Ok thnk you kinda new. Also were did you find the tools.
Old April 21st, 2008, 09:24 AM
Skeetendo, Inc.
The REAL Pokémon Company

Yes, day/night will be in it, I think a lot of people would like to have the RBY experience with Day/Night

True, it's not a regular rumour early in the game but its one of th new things we mentioned that are just completely new. It will definitely be worth it.

As for "WURST: The funny German speaking guy" not sure if he will be a gym leader in brick town or somewhere or if he will be in the new region, but he will probably be in it somewhere. :p

If you want to be a friend of Skeetendo, just PM us!

Old April 21st, 2008, 11:02 AM
simplynaruto

Yay so he is in it right cause it would be frikin hilarious to battle hitler in a pokemon game!
Old April 21st, 2008, 11:14 AM
Skeetendo, Inc.
The REAL Pokémon Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplynaruto View Post
Yay so he is in it right cause it would be frikin hilarious to battle hitler in a pokemon game!
Haha well we never actually called him Hitler (his name is actually the german word for "sausage" XD) although he definitely resembles him doesn't he haha.

Old April 21st, 2008, 11:38 AM
simplynaruto

Yea anyweh is there any rumorsyou forgot that I can ring a bell in your head.
Old April 21st, 2008, 03:20 PM
manomow
Do you like curry?

Nature: Jolly
I have a question? Im making a game very similar to yours and I cant find a good name so can I use Pokemon secrets and rumors as the name?
Old April 21st, 2008, 05:25 PM
Skeetendo, Inc.
The REAL Pokémon Company

@Manomow - Answered in the PM

@Simplynaruto - I think we have most of them covered by now, but if we need anything we will holler at y'all.

Old April 26th, 2008, 11:53 AM
dude120
Rom hacker in training

Nature: Modest
Im excited for the beta too. Just be patient and wait for it. A rom-hack is a TON of work.
Old April 27th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Skeetendo, Inc.
The REAL Pokémon Company

Okay, so here is an update! As of right now, I have been doing some tileset work, since we still had a lot of Gold tilesets in there. Anyways, with the exception of a few minor things here and there, all that is left is Mt. Moon. Which means the demo is getting very close. I apologize for the slower progress, unfortunately I am sick and have a 7 page paper to get done by Tuesday. Darn real world. lol. Anyways the demo is really close now. I know this makes about the 3rd time I have said it is close, but this is the closest it has been. Demo should be very soon, and expect more and more updates leading up to it.

Also, while you won't see much in the way of rumours happening yet, you will begin to see the set up for a couple, as well as a new feature that you will have to play to find out

Also, @simplynaruto from the top of the page (not sure how i forgot to answer that)
The tools we use are:
Goldmap 1.6 - Jigglypuff's website
Agixp 4.11 English - Translated from German by me, availible on Skeetendo.net
Tile Layer Pro - Comes with Elitemap, also can be found on its own
Pokétext - Google it
Translhextion - Google it
Pointer Calculator - Take your pick, there are several

UPDATE:

I refuse to double post, so here is somethign you all may find interesting. I am currently finishing up a 7 page research paper I had to write for my Comp class, and since it was on a topic of our choosing, you guessed it, I wrote a 7 page research paper on Pokémon. The hard part is inventing sources to cite when you don't have any. Its fairly easy to write a paper you have been "researching" since you were in the 4th grade XD

Last edited by Skeetendo, Inc.; April 28th, 2008 at 10:18 PM. Reason: I can't double post
Old April 29th, 2008, 09:08 AM
BerserkPaladin
Has Left For GOOD

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BerserkPaladin
wow... you have been busy. I have been reading through your updates and I do understand that you have to commit at least 75% of your life to school.

(lol 7 page report on pokemon)

Keep it up, this is one of the few Pokemon hacks on PC that I will actually play.

Do you know why? Originality.

Lol you even recreated MISSINGNO.! (Will it have the item duplication bug in it too?)
Can't wait for Beta.

Code:
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk231/BerserkPal/GoodbyeSignature.png

Old April 29th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Skeetendo, Inc.
The REAL Pokémon Company

Indeed it shall have the item duplication bug worked in, it wont be exactly the same since the pack has various pockets now but it will be worked in. As of right now, I am fabricating a works cited page for this paper (Ive ben researching it since I was in 4th grade why would I need sources? lol) and then once I turn it in its smooth sailing and time to get to work on something important XD. Don't lack very much on the demo, its very close, not gonna lie.

Old April 29th, 2008, 10:18 AM
simplynaruto

YAY! Close demo. Also is it easier to hack R/B/Y/G/S then the advanced gen.
Old April 29th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Send a message via AIM to Virtual Chatot
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplynaruto View Post
YAY! Close demo. Also is it easier to hack R/B/Y/G/S then the advanced gen.
Its a matter of opinion really, and this isn't the place to ask it.
Old April 29th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Mr. Magius
  
Community Supporter Tier 5

I think you got this comment by a lot of people, but I think this hack is great!
The screenshots look really good, you are one of the best!
Please keep up the good work on this hack...

Good luck!

Last edited by Mr. Magius; May 24th, 2008 at 11:29 AM.
Old April 29th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Antwhan
setting up for the big beta

Send a message via AIM to Antwhan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Antwhan
If you're able to get some form of item multiplying that would be awesome.

Also that paper sounds like it would be a good read, considering a lot of us have been into pokemon just as long. Care to post it on ur website or sumwhere, as one fan to another i find that it would be interesting to read through? It's up to u though if u want to, but it sounds interesting to say the least about a 7 page pkmn paper. XD

Twin:Heatran

My hack, check it out:
Old April 29th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Skeetendo, Inc.
The REAL Pokémon Company

Basically, the paper details how it started, why it became a fad, how it changed over time, where it is now, and where is it going. Most of it we already know though, it does a lot of describing the games and all and indicates the ridiculousness of the number of Pokémon there are these days. It is also interesting because I am the only person I know who has cited a video game as a reference (I referenced Red, Yellow, Gold, TCG, Ruby, Fire Red, and Diamond as sources XD) I actualyl wrote the entire thign from memory and came up with the sources afterwards. things I couldnt find a good source for, I asked my friend Ryosuke, an international student form Japan "Can I pretend I interviewed you as a source?" to which he agreed. He is my catch-al for useles trivia type knowledge in the paper (Honestly though I have forgotten more about Pokemon than he ever knew, he played a long time ago but also quit a long time ago too lol) Anyway, that's how that went and if you want I can post it on Sketendo.net for you to read. As for now, time to get to work getting that demo out!

Old April 29th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Antwhan
setting up for the big beta

Send a message via AIM to Antwhan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Antwhan
Yeah that sounds like a good plan. people love demos. FAR too much. this hit nostalgia right home hard.

Twin:Heatran

My hack, check it out:
Old April 29th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Skeetendo, are you going to insert the same music from RBY,
or are you going to insert different music?
Old April 29th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Skeetendo, Inc.
The REAL Pokémon Company

The demo will feature original GSC music, but there will be music from RBY as well as other games added later.

Old May 3rd, 2008, 05:53 AM
Mitchman

Nature: Hasty
This got second paged?! I wont let it happen. Also skeetendo I love sterling silver the cry of celebi.
On topic: How the hack going. Also I read aroud and saw simplynaruto found your old thread and the german dude. So a hitler lookalike gym leader....COOOL!
Old May 4th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Mew of Friendship
Pokémon Master

Nature: Timid
Oh I will LOVe to play this! I have a rumorI just remembered.

YOu have to get a MissingNO. and teach him/her/it strength, then go to a SZ and catch a Horsea (Which was NEVER in the SZ!), iif you catch one you will get an HM called 'Super Strengtrh'. You will now be able to push the truck away for Mew.
Old May 12th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Skeetendo, Inc.
The REAL Pokémon Company

Hello hello! Sorry to keep you waiting! The demo would have been out some time ago if it hadnt been for the fact I had to dissapear to make sure I didn't fail any bloody classes. But now that I'm out for summer things are running smoothly. Could have it done tonight or tomorrow unless somethign unforseen happens, all that is left is various bug fixes and re-doing mt moon (I decided playing through it that the same Mt Moon we can all go through in our sleep won't quite do, thought it would be a neat ida to kinda revamp it and make it more interesting. So that is being done now and the demo should be out either later tonight or tomorrow. If it isn't, feel free to flame me. lol

Old May 12th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Evan
Check out my Hatchery!

YAY! That's awesome! You need help with anything by chance?

Old May 12th, 2008, 07:29 PM
dude120
Rom hacker in training

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeetendo, Inc. View Post
Hello hello! Sorry to keep you waiting! The demo would have been out some time ago if it hadnt been for the fact I had to dissapear to make sure I didn't fail any bloody classes. But now that I'm out for summer things are running smoothly. Could have it done tonight or tomorrow unless somethign unforseen happens, all that is left is various bug fixes and re-doing mt moon (I decided playing through it that the same Mt Moon we can all go through in our sleep won't quite do, thought it would be a neat ida to kinda revamp it and make it more interesting. So that is being done now and the demo should be out either later tonight or tomorrow. If it isn't, feel free to flame me. lol
Great! Hope to see a beta/alpha soon.
Old May 13th, 2008, 01:51 AM
!MaX!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeetendo, Inc. View Post
At last it's making his appearance!:D :*

Way to go man!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here