The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 14th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Skeetendo, Inc.
The REAL Pokémon Company

Ok, just got back from helping a mate with something (needed sparkplugs changed and didnt want to pay a shop to do it lol) anyways let me answer a couple of questions and get to repairing the IPS.

As for Eevee, you are correct. The way it went in my head was "Ya know, Eevee was SUPPOSED to be your starter in Yellow, but Gary snatched it. This time Gary wasn't paying attention so HE gets stuck with Pikachu. Lets see what its like with Eevee for a starter!" and that's how it came about. All Kanto starters will be obtainable as well. Eevee being your starter, Pikachu being catchable in Viridian Forest, and Charmander Squirtle and Bulbasaur will be obtainable in various places like they were in Yellow, albeit in different ways and different places.

If you all want me to keep te Raticate guy in as a challenge, I can always change him back so he will stay that way when I remake the IPS. I'll let you all vote on that while I fix some other things and whatnot.

The 500p Magikarp guy won't be in the demo, I'm still learning how to make you buy things with scripts, but he will be in the next beta. Right now someone just talks about it. (well he will once I retype that pointer and HIT SAVE THIS TIME *embarassed*)

If you want to be a friend of Skeetendo, just PM us!

Old May 14th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Yopr
*muffle*

I've been watching this for a while, so I just signed up now to comment on it!
Looks great, and plays great, even with the messed up IPS patch it still is wonderful.

I loved how when you defeated a trainer and it went back to the overworld they would say something, that was an awesome idea.

The new(ish) Mt. Moon, I love it!

I love the way Gary gets stuck with Pikachu instead of you Even though Eevee isn't that great of a starter for various battles, he'll be better when you can finally evolve him later on. Also this tells you to catch other Pokémon and train them instead of sticking to just one.

The random Charmander was kind of questioning... (Stealing from the Police are we? ) but it was good to get one of the other Kanto starters. In the final version you should have the Police say something about it then give it to you and a reason for giving it to you.

Mt. Moon was kind of tough to get through, too many random encounters in my opinion x_x
I loved the new look of it though, all the water and the rest made it look like a real cave.

As for the Rocket with the Raticate, I say leave it in there as a challenge, perhaps lower the levels a bit, maybe to 20-21ish.

I really liked the mentioning of the guy behind the Museum and going up there and seeing him walk around, also the inside of the Museum was done great, good job, I also loved that Ikamuni! and the TCG were mentioned.

Perhaps next time put a cop or two in Mt. Moon, just so they can say they are investigating.

Anyways, overall great job! I'm sure there are things I missed!
Old May 14th, 2008, 10:20 AM
!MaX!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeetendo, Inc. View Post
Ok, just got back from helping a mate with something (needed sparkplugs changed and didnt want to pay a shop to do it lol) anyways let me answer a couple of questions and get to repairing the IPS.

As for Eevee, you are correct. The way it went in my head was "Ya know, Eevee was SUPPOSED to be your starter in Yellow, but Gary snatched it. This time Gary wasn't paying attention so HE gets stuck with Pikachu. Lets see what its like with Eevee for a starter!" and that's how it came about. All Kanto starters will be obtainable as well. Eevee being your starter, Pikachu being catchable in Viridian Forest, and Charmander Squirtle and Bulbasaur will be obtainable in various places like they were in Yellow, albeit in different ways and different places.

If you all want me to keep te Raticate guy in as a challenge, I can always change him back so he will stay that way when I remake the IPS. I'll let you all vote on that while I fix some other things and whatnot.

The 500p Magikarp guy won't be in the demo, I'm still learning how to make you buy things with scripts, but he will be in the next beta. Right now someone just talks about it. (well he will once I retype that pointer and HIT SAVE THIS TIME *embarassed*)
Well I guessed right!

But what about the Umbreon and Espeon?(sorry I ask this again but lvl 16 is too close)
Old May 14th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Skeetendo, Inc.
The REAL Pokémon Company

Alrighty! The new patch is uploaded, and this one appears to have made correctly.

I removed the ladder to mt moon square until I fix the clefaries (if you saved up there you can still get back, you would jsut have to use a gameshark code to go back up to it though, but you will not be stuck).

Umbreon and Espeon are still in the game. You get them the same as in GSC.

This SHOULD have fixed everything. Everything seemed to work fine when I played through it again. Patch to a clean rom and your old save file should still work fine, i loaded one of mine and it worked fine. If you notice anythign else please let me know.

Also, the glitchy tiles when entering a battle are another side effect of the tileset hack, im working to fix that now.

Old May 14th, 2008, 11:44 AM
shadoweagle89
l Flare l

I'd recommend putting a border or something on the water in Mt. Moon. It looked a little odd. Also, maybe use a doorway instead of a ladder to get to the Clefairy.
Old May 14th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Mew of Friendship
Pokémon Master

Nature: Timid
Yay! New IPS! Now I can still keep my lvl 42 eevee! Heh.... training for Brock is helpful get my levels up xD
Old May 14th, 2008, 11:52 AM
shadoweagle89
l Flare l

Are you serious? Level 42.. why?

What about the invisible walls around the building in Viridian Forest?
Old May 14th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Mew of Friendship
Pokémon Master

Level 42 is awesome...? Anyway, you have to download the new IPS and delete your rom (Get another silver rom and patch oer it so you can have your old save) for the invisibe walls... there should be omeone there stopping you from entering because its impossible in the demo.

Edit: End of... demo... without a secret or rumor in sight...

Last edited by Mew of Friendship; May 14th, 2008 at 12:02 PM.
Old May 14th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Evan
Check out my Hatchery!

I haven't started playing yet, but I'm sure I'm going to love it!

Old May 14th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Skeetendo, Inc.
The REAL Pokémon Company

True, the rumours don't actually happen yet but some are kinda hinted at (ie, the pikablu rumours where someone claims they found it behind the museum) and all.

Old May 14th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Evan
Check out my Hatchery!

OKay... soo.. I'm a bad person and I gamsharked past the guy in Viridian Forest. Don't hate me. There is a little Celebi shrine, though most of that area is just walls. And the doors on the building don't warp yet. My personal belief, it leads to the new region. >.> That's the only thing I gamesharked for. I'm gonna play the game legitly, except for doing a little exploration. >.> If you guys at Skeetendo don't want me posting my findings, that's cool. I won't.

SPOILER!!

Old May 14th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Skeetendo, Inc.
The REAL Pokémon Company

hey its cool if you post stuff. If you find stuff buildings will most likely not work
Spoiler:
(if you really want to be funny, if you gameshark past the super nerd and go to leave mt moon, the warp that would take you to route 4 takes you to Elm's lab. but theres no point in going to Johto as there is nothing useful to do there and a lot of events dont work right and whatnot because we arent working on johto right now.)

but yes, as the old man tells you to in the game, feel free to speculate about what is up with the house (the celebi shrine was already hinted at by the old woman in the route house headed in)

Also, feel free to post your opinions on new features that are mentioned but you can't actually participate in yet (I think the main one would be fossil digging)

Spoiler:
Also, you go to the new region via a boat ride

Last edited by Skeetendo, Inc.; May 14th, 2008 at 01:13 PM.
Old May 14th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Mew of Friendship
Pokémon Master

Heh. And I couldn't help it so... I talked to the guy behind the museum and it said 'Object Event' xD Like it does if you cheat to talk to the pokemon in the route during a battle in G/S/C xD
Old May 14th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Evan
Check out my Hatchery!

AWESOME! I went past the girl and her pikachu blocking off the area, LOVE the break room!

Old May 14th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Evan
Check out my Hatchery!

I got a charmander. I got a charmander. I got a charmander. I love life.

Old May 14th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Mew of Friendship
Pokémon Master

Because of the shrine I'm tinking that you'll have Celebi... and because a old woman saying that when they were a little girl she saw a strange pokemon in the forest...
Old May 14th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Evan
Check out my Hatchery!

And.. The Flower Pot on the table on the main floor of the hero's house is incomplete.

Also... No more Charmander, I"m gonna finish the legit beta and save there, before I screw around. >.>

Old May 14th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Evan
Check out my Hatchery!

Old May 14th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Skeetendo, Inc.
The REAL Pokémon Company

lol, the flowerpot was incomplete in red (the tileset graphics and block data for the house tileset were copied straight from red XD) but I can make it complete.

Also, charmander is legit, you jutt have to beat brock to get past the girl and her Pikachu (yes, that is the pikachu graphic that follows you in yellow)

By the way, how many cameos have you noticed so far?

Old May 14th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Mew of Friendship
Pokémon Master

I have noticed... none xD Execpt for Brendan/Landon/Ruby...
Old May 14th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Evan
Check out my Hatchery!

I'm not keeping track. >.< Also, I finished the beta. I walked to the right of the supernerd, what is this area?

Old May 14th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Skeetendo, Inc.
The REAL Pokémon Company

That is a special place you can get to when you take the back way out of Mt Moon, but I wont let on exactly what goes on there just that it will be worth making your way to it legitimately once you have the appropriate HMs

Spoiler:
Cameos to look for:

Dr. Who
Brendan
Reference to Imakuni?
Reference to Dr. Quackenpoker
Refernece to Ceiling Cat (Ceiling Meowth)
Reference to iTunes and the band Relient K (You have to cheat to find this one in the demo)

Last edited by Skeetendo, Inc.; May 14th, 2008 at 04:33 PM.
Old May 14th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Mew of Friendship
Pokémon Master

Okay these are all I found.

Brendan
Reference to Imakuni?
Reference to Dr. Quackenpoker

Edit: And Ceiling Meowth (Cat)
Old May 14th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Antwhan
setting up for the big beta

Send a message via AIM to Antwhan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Antwhan
lolmeowths.jto very nice mate XD

it's great fun and i can;t wait for more..

Twin:Heatran

My hack, check it out:
Old May 14th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Innocence
PC Lurker: I'm watching you...

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeetendo, Inc. View Post
hey its cool if you post stuff. If you find stuff buildings will most likely not work
Spoiler:
(if you really want to be funny, if you gameshark past the super nerd and go to leave mt moon, the warp that would take you to route 4 takes you to Elm's lab. but theres no point in going to Johto as there is nothing useful to do there and a lot of events dont work right and whatnot because we arent working on johto right now.)

but yes, as the old man tells you to in the game, feel free to speculate about what is up with the house (the celebi shrine was already hinted at by the old woman in the route house headed in)

Also, feel free to post your opinions on new features that are mentioned but you can't actually participate in yet (I think the main one would be fossil digging)

Spoiler:
Also, you go to the new region via a boat ride
I did the super nerd

But then I got stuck in hiro's house...the map is glitched. I saw the guy behind the museum, would you mind saying how we will be able to get to him without gameshark, whenever you make it possible?

Anyway, I love the beta, good idea bringing it out early, you probably found glitches alot faster than you would have on your own...

I cringe at things I've said here in the past years.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links