The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 16th, 2008 (12:49 PM).
Mew of Friendship
Pokémon Master

Nature: Timid
'Forgive my stupidity. What are those three Pokegods that resemble Venesaur, Charizard, and Blastoise? I think I might want to try spriting those guys.'

Forgot... OH! I remember alot of Venustoise rumors, how about you try those?
Old May 16th, 2008 (02:40 PM).
!MaX!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew of Friendship View Post
'Forgive my stupidity. What are those three Pokegods that resemble Venesaur, Charizard, and Blastoise? I think I might want to try spriting those guys.'

Forgot... OH! I remember alot of Venustoise rumors, how about you try those?
Well.....Venustoise did appear in the anime but it was just an illusion that Gastly made!

So I guess that if you find that episode then you will have a pretty good idea on how to make his sprite!(I think it's a Blastoise with Venusaur's plant on his back)
Old May 16th, 2008 (04:28 PM).
Evan
Check out my Hatchery!

I'm not sure. >.> There were three different pokemon, One looked like an evolved form of Charizard. One looked like an evolved form of Venasaur. One looked like an evolved form of Blastoise.

Do you guys like the new sprites?

Old May 16th, 2008 (07:08 PM).
Yopr
*muffle*

Originally Posted by Evan View Post
I'm not sure. >.> There were three different pokemon, One looked like an evolved form of Charizard. One looked like an evolved form of Venasaur. One looked like an evolved form of Blastoise.

Do you guys like the new sprites?
If I remember correctly there was a screen in the old Secrets and Rumors thread showing off the Venastoise...

Also next time you should save the sprites in .png (or .bmp but .png is recommended) as the rest ruin the quality of the sprite.
Old May 16th, 2008 (07:31 PM).
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Finished the demo, and it was nice (Of course, I "think" I have finished it, because I'm not gonna use cheats and ruin the fun for the next Beta :x). I thought it would be more close to Red, but I guess you wanted to have your own "deviations"

Visually speaking, I didnt see problems, good to see the Red's graphics updated on GBC. I specially like how the classic grass tile was changed, it looks better now. If there were more new tiles (not from Red) inserted I may have not noticed them.

In terms of gameplay, you could say I hoped for a bit more of length, but, meh (it's just that I'm becoming exigent lately on that aspect >.<), at least you left a few things open for discussion. For example, I'd like to know if Brendan'll play some kind of role in the game... :\
What about the Explorer Kit? Is it really around?

About bugs, really I didnt pay too much attention. The only thing I can remember now is the advice guy at Pewter's Gym who still has its old dialogue where he speaks about Kanto leaders being stronger than Johto leaders (and I guess you dont want to mention Johto yet)

As I said, it was nice, a bit short, but still enjoyable. Keep working on it, guys!

Old May 16th, 2008 (07:42 PM). Edited May 16th, 2008 by Christos.
Evan
Check out my Hatchery!

There isn't much you're missing without the cheating. >.> Only a few maps. >.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yopr View Post
If I remember correctly there was a screen in the old Secrets and Rumors thread showing off the Venastoise...

Also next time you should save the sprites in .png (or .bmp but .png is recommended) as the rest ruin the quality of the sprite.
These aren't final versions. Concepts mostly.

Old May 17th, 2008 (10:21 AM).
DeoxysHunter
Beginning Trainer

The old man blocks me. D:
Maybe I can use Gameshark...

Nice idea, better hack.
Old May 17th, 2008 (12:23 PM).
Skeetendo, Inc.
The REAL Pokémon Company

The Explorer Kit is not in the demo, it is just mentioned, sort of like a teaser if you will. Obviously without a touch screen or anything like it it will be different from the underground in Diamond and Pearl, and we are still toying with various ways that it will work, but it will be around, should be in the next demo.

You can use Gameshark to go past the old man in Viridian Forest, but you cannot go into the house as it has no warps on the doors yet :p The other place people have found is walking on walls to get to a place you will need surf and waterfall to get to legitimately, which is also not finished and none of the buildings take you anywhere useful (they all take you to Elm's Lab, and Johto does not work).

As of right now, working on Route 4 and Cerulean City, also mapping Brick Town, playing with various concepts since no one ever made a "map" or brick town, it was just an awesome town where you could do awesome things. This will definitely carry over into the Brick Town in game. You will still get to it by walking above Unknown Dungeon and there will be a legitimate way to do this as well, lol. But that is where things stand. Also, I have been updating the tileset and working on "Missingno.'s House" to use you all's name for it, lol. Will get screenshots up when more is done to show.

If you want to be a friend of Skeetendo, just PM us!

Old May 17th, 2008 (05:17 PM).
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Send a message via AIM to Virtual Chatot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeetendo, Inc. View Post
The Explorer Kit is not in the demo, it is just mentioned, sort of like a teaser if you will. Obviously without a touch screen or anything like it it will be different from the underground in Diamond and Pearl, and we are still toying with various ways that it will work, but it will be around, should be in the next demo.

You can use Gameshark to go past the old man in Viridian Forest, but you cannot go into the house as it has no warps on the doors yet :p The other place people have found is walking on walls to get to a place you will need surf and waterfall to get to legitimately, which is also not finished and none of the buildings take you anywhere useful (they all take you to Elm's Lab, and Johto does not work).

As of right now, working on Route 4 and Cerulean City, also mapping Brick Town, playing with various concepts since no one ever made a "map" or brick town, it was just an awesome town where you could do awesome things. This will definitely carry over into the Brick Town in game. You will still get to it by walking above Unknown Dungeon and there will be a legitimate way to do this as well, lol. But that is where things stand. Also, I have been updating the tileset and working on "Missingno.'s House" to use you all's name for it, lol. Will get screenshots up when more is done to show.
Good to hear Mate, good to hear ,

Also, nice banner in your signature >D
Old May 17th, 2008 (06:20 PM).
Ryu Serpntine
Beginning Trainer

I just finished the demo. Though it asn't long, it was fun, and I can't wait for the payoff on some of these rumours.
Old May 18th, 2008 (01:17 AM).
DeoxysHunter
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeetendo, Inc. View Post
The other place people have found is walking on walls to get to a place you will need surf and waterfall to get to legitimately, which is also not finished and none of the buildings take you anywhere useful (they all take you to Elm's Lab, and Johto does not work).
I used Gameshark to get behind the lady and to get into the Police Department.
And I got a Charmander. :3
Old May 18th, 2008 (01:24 AM).
Gold Tom
Krazier Than You

Hey, I remember a rumour I heard once. You had to get in the truck and drive it to the Elite 4. Lance would meet you at the door and say 'You should drive that thing to Johto!' And then you would get teleported to Johto.

Icidentally, nice hack, keep the good work in an unmistakeably upward direction.

Old May 18th, 2008 (10:23 AM).
Skeetendo, Inc.
The REAL Pokémon Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeoxysHunter View Post
I used Gameshark to get behind the lady and to get into the Police Department.
And I got a Charmander. :3
If you would beat brock you wouldnt have to use gameshark to go behind her.

Old May 18th, 2008 (11:49 AM).
cloudstrife
Beginning Trainer

great work on the first release of Secrets and rumors. It's awesome. there's barely any glitches so far. the only minor error is that sometimes the game lags up, but it only lasts for a second, though. keep up the good work!

Old May 19th, 2008 (07:26 PM).
Skeetendo, Inc.
The REAL Pokémon Company

Hello everyone, a bit of an update regarding a future lack of updates for some time.

In a day or two I will be going to my grandparents for the summer to work on my house for when I graduate college, and they do not have an internet connection. work will still continue on the game of course, but I won't be online much to update you all on it. Sure every once in a while I will end up somewhere with WiFi and let you all know what is going on, but wanted to pop by and let you know that just because things are about to get quiet, they aren't dead.

Old May 19th, 2008 (10:29 PM).
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Skeetendo, have you inserted the RBY music yet? And when are you going to?
Anyway good luck on Demo 2.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old May 20th, 2008 (02:44 AM).
Warmijwilf
Beginning Trainer

Going to try the demo now
Old May 22nd, 2008 (11:15 AM).
destinytrigger
Prodigious Zombie Hunter

Three words:

Best. Concept. Ever.
Old May 22nd, 2008 (07:29 PM).
asdfman
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
It'd be kind of interesting if you could battle "Gold" from the original character's point of view =p But it's all up to you guys, of course. Are you replacing Mount Silver?
Old May 23rd, 2008 (04:37 PM). Edited May 23rd, 2008 by Pokemanz.
Pokemanz
POKEMANZZZ

Nature: Brave
I just finished the hack, and so far, it looks good. The references I found were; Brendan, Reference to Imakuni?, Reference to Dr. Quackenpoker, and Reference to Ceiling Cat (Ceiling Meowth). I liked the random charmander, surprised me but its my favorite starter. I got up to the supernerd and had a 20ish eevee, 18 charmeleon, 12 or 13 pikachu, and 11 or 12 butterfree. Once I saw Brendan, I was like, wow that looks like the kid from r/s/e, and I guess I was right. The duel thing looked pretty cool, but reminded me of yu-gi-oh. Kinda mad I couldn't duel though. I didn't glitch the mt. moon part to go further, I'll just wait. Anyway, sorry for all the writing, I just wanted to tell you how good it is so far. Keep it up, and if you need any help on the game, even though I can barely remember any rumors except for the truck, just let me know. I can sprite or make maps, and come up with ideas I guess?

EDIT: I just made a venustoise sprite if you need one, I didn't know what format to save it as though so I just did png.
Old May 29th, 2008 (09:46 AM).
dudez

Hey! i finished the demo and started to look for something intresting with walk trough walls cheat and found master ball behind cuttable bushes in route before entering viridian forest

Old May 29th, 2008 (09:48 AM).
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Send a message via AIM to Virtual Chatot
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudez View Post
Hey! i finished the demo and started to look for something intresting with walk trough walls cheat and found master ball behind cuttable bushes in route before entering viridian forest
Sounds like someone added a secret little easter egg ^3^
Old May 29th, 2008 (03:29 PM).
andwhyisit
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by Yopr View Post

gif doesn't ruin the quality, if you export it with an optimised palette using the GIMP or Fireworks.

Are you able to access a pc in the far left corner of the pokemon league record room in this hack?
Old May 30th, 2008 (05:18 AM).
Awec
Maniacal Egotist ~

This hack is so awesome I am actually anticipating the full version of this as much as I am anticipating Shiny Gold. Can't wait until it's finished.
Old June 6th, 2008 (11:30 AM).
Bludycomicsinc
If you can read this.....

Nature: Quirky
this hack is nice.I can't wait to see all the secrets and rumors in the game.The game runs pretty slow but luckly theres a speed button on my visual boy advance.I hope there's the bills secrest garden in the game.I heard that rumor one to many times.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links