The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase

Notices

Hacks Showcase Want to play a hack? Here, you can play some good quality hacks… or you can make your own and submit it here! (Unless you can show a significant amount of development, your hack starts at the "Progressing Hacks" forum first.)
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 16th, 2008, 03:06 AM
JJK
The chase is about to begin...

Location: Lisbon, Portugal, we owned half the world and we'll do it again
I dont know what is the status of that, but about time-based events, why not to use the time played clock? like, instead of a couple of days in GSC(with the internal clock), why not ten hours of gameplay instead (for the bug-catching, obviously less for kurt) ? as i said before, im no hacker, thus i dont even know if its possible, but if it is, i think it would be a nice solution.

another bug: i deleted the first trainers you can register from my phone card (a youngster and a bug catcher) and the added the blackbelt on route 45. i (stupidly) decided to call him right away from the phone booth to the left. when i chose his entry, the screen went black and the game froze.
Old May 16th, 2008, 04:03 AM
Pupil GhostPsychicIceDragon
I DON'T KNOW

Hey Mr. Zel!( or don't know what to tell)Your Shiny Gold is fantastic!But I've addicted to GBA & PC games.So how do I load the save file of Shiny Gold X beta 3.5?Is Lugia event live now and if it is,where is the Lugia?And what should I do when the new beta has come out?I am only a idiotic beginner.

P.S.I am looking forward to this hack and best wishes to you!Mr. Zel!
Old May 16th, 2008, 01:02 PM
shinygoldash
bagel-meister ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJK View Post
I dont know what is the status of that, but about time-based events, why not to use the time played clock? like, instead of a couple of days in GSC(with the internal clock), why not ten hours of gameplay instead (for the bug-catching, obviously less for kurt) ? as i said before, im no hacker, thus i dont even know if its possible, but if it is, i think it would be a nice solution.

another bug: i deleted the first trainers you can register from my phone card (a youngster and a bug catcher) and the added the blackbelt on route 45. i (stupidly) decided to call him right away from the phone booth to the left. when i chose his entry, the screen went black and the game froze.
1:I think bug catching thing should be possible and if you can only do it 2 times in sg, that's a letdown.

2: It's just an impossible bug. In the original they said "go talk to him".

Zel,
I think the chances of you being able to do the day night thing is very VERY slim unless you link it to gameplay hours...

CHRISTMAS 2010!
2 Months
Old May 16th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Send a message via AIM to Virtual Chatot
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinygoldash View Post
Zel,
I think the chances of you being able to do the day night thing is very VERY slim unless you link it to gameplay hours...
Not necessarily true, if he had it on a timer, it could theoretically work.
Old May 16th, 2008, 01:15 PM
shinygoldash
bagel-meister ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatran View Post
Do you mean like script it so that it sets off at a random time. But if that happened it would interfere with events big-time... Owch!

Thanks for making Jirachi sooo hard to find. I think that makes players focus on every part of the game. I hope you make everything super tricky to find on the new region.

~ ~

CHRISTMAS 2010!
2 Months

Last edited by shinygoldash; May 16th, 2008 at 01:22 PM.
Old May 16th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Teh Baro
In my times...!

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
1:I think bug catching thing should be possible and if you can only do it 2 times in sg, that's a letdown.
if Zel finally puts day/night, it could be "once a day". And each day should be like... 4 hours of gameplay: 2 hours of morning, 2 hours of night. (consider you'll clear the game in few time)

Then somewhere put a clock that shows the gameplay time x12 modulo 24h (simple math that shouldn't be hard with a bit ASM, the hardcode thing is where to stick it in).
Old May 16th, 2008, 01:55 PM
ZodiacDaGreat
Working on a Mobile System

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via ICQ to ZodiacDaGreat
Quote:
Do you mean like script it so that it sets off at a random time. But if that happened it would interfere with events big-time... Owch!
That would never happen, as all this time, ZEL has been using specials which requires you to walk some amount of steps. You see Fire Red has no time so walking steps are used.

Quote:
if Zel finally puts day/night, it could be "once a day". And each day should be like... 4 hours of gameplay: 2 hours of morning, 2 hours of night. (consider you'll clear the game in few time)

Then somewhere put a clock that shows the gameplay time x12 modulo 24h (simple math that shouldn't be hard with a bit ASM, the hardcode thing is where to stick it in).
Or you can implement a very first internal Battery on Fire Red itself.
Old May 16th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Teh Baro
In my times...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodiacDaGreat View Post
Or you can implement a very first internal Battery on Fire Red itself.
I think that would be more challenging (read: hard).
Unless it's copied from ruby
Old May 16th, 2008, 02:10 PM
shadoweevee
Are you still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Baro View Post
I think that would be more challenging (read: hard).
Unless it's copied from ruby
would'nt it be easier just to hack ruby to look like firered?

All of the other ShinyGold banners
Spoiler:

I did not make these, but if you want to use them pm me and I'll give you the code.
Old May 16th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Teh Baro
In my times...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoweevee View Post
would'nt it be easier just to hack ruby to look like firered?
Sure, Zel should start over again and redo everything in a game with lame graphics.
Old May 16th, 2008, 06:28 PM
-Neji-
Something Different

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to -Neji-
Will we be able to re battle red in beta 6?

Good Times ...
Old May 16th, 2008, 07:28 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Quote:
Zel,
Quote:
Not like day/night is something that I'm frenetically looking for, I prefer to first finish the game, and then we could discuss of stuff to add to it. From the talks we had with Mastermind, the first idea is to use Gameplay time, because there isnt any kind of timer, with the weird exception of the one used in the Battle Tower events (and I doubt that would be useful for anything, but, who knows?)

Well, I dont know. Perhaps one of these days I'll start discussing about what we could do with M_X. For now my focus is in other stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Neji- View Post
Will we be able to re battle red in beta 6?
Just like in the original, you'll be able to, but to have a rematch you'll first need to defeat the E4 (doesnt apply for the first battle with Red)

I'm kinda close to finish the longest script ever, I just need to do a bunch of compares, setmaptiles and it'll be finally over. It'll depend on how much time I can dedicate to hacking, but I hope to finish it this weekend. Probably tomorrow I'll talk about the whole event, and then the video will be posted to clarify how the system works.

Old May 16th, 2008, 07:52 PM
shadoweevee
Are you still there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Baro View Post
Sure, Zel should start over again and redo everything in a game with lame graphics.
yeah, I wasn't saying to have zel start over just to get time in the game. but if he could change firered graphics its pretty safe to assume that he can change the graphics in firered

Quote:
That is a bad idea, in oh so many ways.
A note to everyone, just let this poor guy's comment alone, he doesn't know what he's talking about...
I do know what I'm talking about and last time I checked I was a pretty rich....

All of the other ShinyGold banners
Spoiler:

I did not make these, but if you want to use them pm me and I'll give you the code.
Old May 16th, 2008, 07:59 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'

Nature: Careful
longest script? wow, I wish you luck on that one, zel, and I know you can slip it through the game. :3
Old May 17th, 2008, 01:17 AM
o0kv9
Beginning Trainer

In The pokemon center near union cave, i talked to the nurse- she healed my pokemon but then there were black flashes and the game froze.

thats all.

i love your hack, it is very nice.

(especially changing parts in advancemap...)
=)
Old May 17th, 2008, 02:59 AM
DiggorysGremlin
Screw Pokemon. Facepunch ftw.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DiggorysGremlin
The longest script? If there's one person that can do it it's Zel. Keep going dude. And oOkv9, were you using any gameshark codes?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 17th, 2008, 03:04 AM
Can0fMean
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
o0kv9: That's what I exactly experianced! The world turns to black and redish colors o_0 But if you start from a save slot and try to heal there again, it doesn't happen.
Old May 17th, 2008, 03:36 AM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'

Nature: Careful
zel...
I battled Carlos, in the entrance of a cave which is Ice Path *currently defeating him*...
It was a challenging match, however, I noticed that Blastoise and Machoke had the move 'Double Team', which isn't listed in the pokemon's learnable moves... :\
Double Team is a move for fast POKéMON only, such as Pikachu and Furret... :\

I also checked their moves in serebii, which I fail to see Double team in either Blastoise and Machoke's learnable moves, either by leveling up, or through egg hatching (and since there's no TM Double Team, it's excluded)...

anyways, great job on Shiny Gold and wish ye the best of luck.

Last edited by destinedjagold; May 17th, 2008 at 03:37 AM. Reason: grammar corrected... :P
Old May 17th, 2008, 04:00 AM
JJK
The chase is about to begin...

Location: Lisbon, Portugal, we owned half the world and we'll do it again
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post
zel...
I battled Carlos, in the entrance of a cave which is Ice Path *currently defeating him*...
It was a challenging match, however, I noticed that Blastoise and Machoke had the move 'Double Team', which isn't listed in the pokemon's learnable moves... :\

I also checked their moves in serebii, which I fail to see Double team in either Blastoise and Machoke's learnable moves, either by leveling up, or through egg hatching (and since there's no TM Double Team, it's excluded)...

anyways, great job on Shiny Gold and wish ye the best of luck.
well this IS a an gold remake, so it isnt a new thing: in the original Lnace had its 3 dragonites underleveled, knowing Barrier (illegal) and Aero knowing Rock Slide (another illegal)

about the bug i stated its NOT impossible: yes it should appear "go talk to him" but instead the game just freezes black

personally i dont think day/night is a good idea, only if it had night effects (eg. cities and routes at night, goldenrod lightsposts shining, etc.), but still i think theres a lot of stuff more worth the time
but still, the gameplay clock would be great for the bug catching contest (okay, okay, you got me: i just want scythers!!! )
Old May 17th, 2008, 05:01 AM
TSK
Feeling appreaciated =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post
zel...

anyways, great job on Shiny Gold and wish ye the best of luck. :)
TM double team is TM 32, it has been like this since RBY =p
Old May 17th, 2008, 05:37 AM
pkmncrystal
Beginning Trainer

Where do you find squirtle and torchic in this hack?
Old May 17th, 2008, 05:43 AM
Da Man
The One and Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmncrystal View Post
Where do you find squirtle and torchic in this hack?
You won't find both till late in the game. Squirtle is in the water east of New Bark Town and Torchic is in a hidden cave somewhere in Kanto I heard (i think in the south-east routes where you get the Super Rod)
Old May 17th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Jake♫
« Allons-y »

Nature: Lax
small problem, I forgot to change the save type, so when I beat the elite 4 i can't go to Kanto or anything, the game just restarts. any way to fix it?
Old May 17th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Ryousha
Waiting for PokeSpe HG/SS

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ryousha
Stop asking people.

delete save states, of any kind... put flash type 128k..

then play and start over.
Old May 17th, 2008, 09:43 AM
shinygoldash
bagel-meister ;)

Longest script eh, I think I have a hinch what it's for...

CHRISTMAS 2010!
2 Months
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links