• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Odyssey

What do you think to thi sgame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
screenshot200805181719280935.png

Surprise for everyone!

I have been working hard getting the new battle system graphics sorted out.

You may find it looks rather familiar.

screenshot200805181723020467.png

Also my half finished pokedex system.

Just to show people I'm not lazy lol.
Looking good my friend, a little to good...*strokes nonexistent beard*

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Yes, that looks very good... I see you took some battle system graphics from Pokémon Platinum.
It looks very good! The only thing that doesn't suit this style are Kyledove's tiles.
They are WAY too rustic to mix them with Diamond and Pearl's bright and clear graphics.

Anyway, keep up the amazing work, Waudby!

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
I like the battle system! Pokemon Platinum style. I also make my HP box base on the game, but not actually the same. Actually, good luck with it!

Waudby

Just a small update on the Pokédex system.

I'm looking around for the actual D/P pokedex font now.

EDIT: First Post updated with latest screenshots so people can find them easier.

Last edited:

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
This looks much better! And you done a great job! I like your system! Keep it up!

Waudby

In honour of the old Pokémon game being made in Sphere; Pokémon Call of Latios being made by Booda Sack.

I have based my next update on that game.

With the new graphics being based heavily on the ones used for this system in that game.

screenshot200805191529560112.png

Enjoy :)

This is also now being added to the demo.

So far the list has grown far from what I planned.

The demo now contains;

- 3 Towns/cities/villages, 4 Routes, a forest.
- Simple Half Working Pokedex System.
- Pokemon Selection Screen.
- Pokemon Summary (half finished due to lack of data at the moment).
- A working battle system, not finished though, will be worked on.
- PokeGear.
- Saving/Loading/Deleting.
- Honey Man quest beginning.
- The first 6 main storyline entries.
- Grass Animation system.
- Day/Night.
- Intro screen before the titlescreen.
- Introduction with Prof Uing.

A longer list than was expected.

I may not be able to get the demo out until july, because the next few weeks hold a strange list of events for me.

Work will die down after the 9th June, because I have throat surgery, and then a set recovery time in hospital.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
AHA cool also I wanna know if call of latias ever got a demo. And feel better. I know how boring the hospital is if the nurse is a 50 year old hag. If not....LUCKY YOU.

Waudby

Call of Latios never got a demo, Booda Sack just wanted to release the full game but then lost all the data.

He did come back for a while and start Tilko Adventures but no one has heard from him in a long long time.

It's safe to say that his fan game days have ended.

I'm now looking for a mapper, if anyone is interested.

Someone who can map well and stick to how I need things mapped out and someone who likes to get creative.

It would also help drive the game while I'm in hospital.

Waudby

Sorry to double post, but I have another new feature that needs attention...

Have you ever wanted to take a screen shot of your Pokémon game that you are playing? Maybe in battle to show of some awesome moves.

Well, now I have implemented an easier way. Just at the press of a key, your game will take a screen shot place a small watermark on there (which can be easily customized) just to authenticity.

It will date the screen shot as well.

I know it's not much different than just pressing Print Screen, but this does all the leg work no removing the window frame or renaming it, it does it for you.

Also, as you know, the demo will feature wild Pokémon battles.

So now, I have Route 04, and I would like people to pick which wild Pokémon they would most like to see on Route 04.

I don't want stupid answers like Mew etc.

Serious answers only.

Last edited:

Waudby

Okay I made the decision, it will be, Hoppip, Sunkern, Poliwag and Wooper.

Two will aid the player in the next area, two wont aid as much.

Next Update will be at 200 posts.

SO get posting only a small ways to go.

MAJOR UPDATE:

I've just implemented a simple online system.

It allows me to connect to another player and see us both move around.

I havent tested it with another machine yet, but it works fine with two versions of the game on one machine.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2008
hey hi people :D well this game is getting really hot ;)

hope it as the DP move set just love eruption on typhlosion and how will we put blast burn on a starter?

something it would rock is some islands like orange or sevii or even new ones that would make us surf or boat travel or even fly (air port)

I don't really like the lucas sprite from DP but it's still gr8t :)

i really wanna play the beta :D well i'll just w8 ..

LoAdInG... ;) keep it up

PS: sorry if my inglish is not very good but i'm portuguese xP

Merovin

Dragon Master!
Years
Still amazing as per usual.
Enjoy your time in hospital.
I'm sure many others like me will be sitting here waiting for your galient return!

Also, have you found a mapper yet?
If not I would love to help, though I haven't a clue how to use sphere.
I'll send you some examples of my mapping via pm?

Years
I can help with online testing - by the way I'm using 64 bit windows so you may see will it work on that cind of system ;) .

Waudby

Enjoy your time in hospital.
I'm sure many others like me will be sitting here waiting for your galient return!

Also, have you found a mapper yet?
If not I would love to help, though I haven't a clue how to use sphere.
I'll send you some examples of my mapping via pm?

Yeah if you send some examples over pm i'll take a look and let you know.

ke14nt

king of Kingz
Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2012
hey guys im new in this thread.. i just want to ask if this game is already playable.. and what kind of emulator will i use to play this game?? thanks in advance..

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
hey guys im new in this thread.. i just want to ask if this game is already playable.. and what kind of emulator will i use to play this game?? thanks in advance..

*sigh* You can't! If you hadn't been lazy and read through the thread, you'd find it's not even out yet. And you need Sphere to play this game. And if you think this is a hack, then you're in the wrong section. So please stop asking the same thing in every thread.

On the other hand, you're doing a fantastic job with this game so far Waudby, can't wait to see more :)

ke14nt

king of Kingz
Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2012
hey.. i didnt say something about a hack..

*sigh* If you hadn't been lazy and read my message correctly you will see that i didn't mention anything about a hack.. and look at the thread.. it clearly shows..
"CREATIVE DISCUSSIONS "
> GAME DEVELOPMENT > GAMES SHOWCASE >pokemon odessey.. :disappoin
it means the game discussed in here are not hacks.. so how could you say im in a wrong section??..

hmmn.. by the way to the creators ofthis game..
I'm sorry if i ask that question.. but people can answer my question with out being RUDE you know.. Hey gudluck to your work. and i like the story of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back