The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 22nd, 2008, 08:10 AM
Lucario rocks
Mmm... Crispy

Advertise here
Zel, Don't rush the game, the more you keep calm is the more you can make this game awesome.

And by the way, The Champion Lance Music is awesome

W00T!!! 100TH PAGE!! :-)

Pokemon Shiny Gold at http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=100537[/sig-reason]

Pokemon: The Lost World

The goal for the team of Pokemon The Lost World is to piece together the scattered world of Pokemon into one world, where there are almost no boundaries, and not only are we to connect the world of Pokemon, but to connect the players as well. With online capability being possible, we will strive to reach it. The Towns are big, the cities are huge, and the routes are perillous. But we are staying true to the franchise. With the exception of new regional and gender variations there are no fake Pokemon. While there will be many secrets in the game that may not be known or true to the Pokemon World, there are some secrets that only few know about and you must overcome life risking obstacles to discover them.

Official Pokecommunity Thread
Old May 22nd, 2008, 08:20 AM
Da Man
The One and Only

Nature: Hardy
Woo 2nd post on page 100!!!

Anyway yes Zel I agree with Lucario rocks: Take your time with your hack and don't let these people get to your head.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 08:31 AM
yoni159
a ... nvm/np

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario rocks View Post
Zel, Don't rush the game, the more you keep calm is the more you can make this game awesome.

And by the way, The Champion Lance Music is awesome

W00T!!! 100TH PAGE!! :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Man View Post
Woo 2nd post on page 100!!!

Anyway yes Zel I agree with Lucario rocks: Take your time with your hack and don't let these people get to your head.
I must agree with them. but don't say it just like that. zel already said it would take time and he won't rush so it might have problems. unless you have suggestions or bugs please don't post.

(the old thread if someone cares )
Old May 22nd, 2008, 08:45 AM
Stalin Malone
Order. Stability. Progress.

So is this hack going to have GSC music? If so that's epic win. I liked the second generation's music the best.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 10:11 AM
[.εternity]
Monochromatic love!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to [.εternity] Send a message via Yahoo to [.εternity]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon View Post
All GSC music? Nice. IMO GSC had the best music.
That was posted some pages ago by you.Answer?

∞Morty (マツバ Matsuba)

∞Ecruteak City Gym Leader

∞Holder of the Fog Badge
∞"The Mystic Seer of the Future"

∞"With a little more, I could see a future in which
∞ I meet the Pokémon of rainbow colors."

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

∞ εternity is not forever ∞
Old May 22nd, 2008, 11:44 AM
shinygoldash
bagel-meister ;)

How are you gonna interpret the radio? Cuz Teachy-Tv would suit it well as you could have like a little pokemon parade while the radio's on.

CHRISTMAS 2010!
2 Months
Old May 22nd, 2008, 12:37 PM
ℜªℳ
RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|

Nature: Relaxed
Yes! New DP graphics! This is awesome Zel. Oh sorry about sking for the tilemap. I've dun it myself and didn't mean to just bust in if that's what u thought. (u prbly forgot). That beta 5 and the videos just made the game better. I spread news where ever I see vba players. Your game rox!

Still spriting behind the curtains. I've tried splicing, I've tried scratching, I've tried pixel overs, I've tried revamps and am 90%+ awesome at it. Now its time for the devamps
Old May 22nd, 2008, 12:37 PM
Stalin Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinygoldash View Post
How are you gonna interpret the radio? Cuz Teachy-Tv would suit it well as you could have like a little pokemon parade while the radio's on.
That would be cool. If the radio is put in can we have a wider range of music unlike the 6 or so total that GSC had?(I remember 3 stations in johto and kanto). Wouldn't need to add new music since you could do what GSC did(reuse already used music for it)
Old May 22nd, 2008, 12:56 PM
bobmarleypeople
Beginning Trainer

Location: England, UK, Europe, World, Universe, Glass Marble 4
Send a message via AIM to bobmarleypeople Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobmarleypeople Send a message via Yahoo to bobmarleypeople
Since we're talking about the radio, if it makes a comeback, the "Lucky Channel" music shouldn't be changed. It should just be a direct port cos it's an awesome song. It would be criminal to mess with it!!!

Going to the more technical side now, a radio (as far as I'm aware) wouldn't be too hard to implement. The up and down the gauge would be hard to do, but a list of selectable songs shouldn't be too hard to produce. I'm guessing you'd just need a script to change the music depending on the option chosen. As in the original games, the music would revert to default when you change route/city, but that's no problem. As always tho, we'll see what Zel says, although it'll probably be something along the lines of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zel in the Future
"It's not exactly an important feature so I won't code it just yet, but (as with the pokegear) it may be implemented in a later release"
Old May 22nd, 2008, 01:02 PM
Stalin Malone

I wasn't proposing altering the music any of the existing stations(Lucky Channel included) had playing but instead proposing adding new stations.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 01:55 PM
jhotopokemonlover
Beginning Trainer

hi im new to the site so i dont know tht much bout it but i really do like pokemon shiny gold creds go to u ZEL!!! thnks 4 makin the best pkmon game in the world
Old May 22nd, 2008, 03:32 PM
wraith89
Pollo prima dell'uovo

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to wraith89 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to wraith89 Send a message via Yahoo to wraith89
Cool! This stuff is amazing! But just a few things. When I tried to play as the girl character, everyone refers to her as "sir" and has the same dialogue as if they were talking to the boy protagonist...

Also, is it possible to change Ghost moves into Special base and Dark moves into Physical? They're both super effective against Psychics and Ghosts and the only difference is that Ghost moves don't affect Normal types while Dark moves are ineffective against Fighting types. I mean really, Special Crunch/Bite/Faint Attack/Thief/Pursuit make no sense whatsoever... and as for the Ghost moves, sure Lick/Astonish are Physical, but I don't think I'd use it as much as Shadow Ball (Gengar's Shadow Ball just doesn't do enough damage!)

That's just a suggestion... you don't have to implement it if you don't want to...

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention... but how does Amelia's Blaziken have Ice Punch? (X version) Ice Punch isn't compatible with Blaziken...

Last edited by wraith89; May 22nd, 2008 at 03:48 PM.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 04:28 PM
Aussie Riolu
What is anything to a Riolu?

Nature: Sassy
Blaziken with Ice Punch?! o.O
It should have Thunderpunch instead, it can learn that
I've also seen attack mistakes as well, but I can't remember any of them...been a while since i've played it,
because my computer crashed

Nate: Wait a minute. Did you just send out a Level 105 Pokémon?
N: Yeah so?
Nate: That's against the rules isn't it?
N: Screw the rules, I have Green hair!

Last edited by Aussie Riolu; May 22nd, 2008 at 04:33 PM.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 04:53 PM
Aquilae
=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Aquilae
Amelia's Blaziken has Thunderpunch, not Ice Punch.

Changing the Dark moves to physical and Ghost moves to special would be contradictory of the goal of the rom hack, which Zel intends to be able to trade with Fire Red. Such a drastic change would have a significant impact on the game itself and how it is played, which would make an entirely new game itself, again contradictory to compatibility with Fire Red as both games have different mechanics, unlike 2nd gen and 1st gen.

I think the DP graphics are a poor fit on this hack at best - DP and third gen have a huge difference in graphics as DP's graphics are 3D, while third gen is 2D. I actually would advocate a change in some tiles, namely the signs and the gyms, to a more fitting design.

Check out my youtube channel!
http://www.youtube.com/user/AquiIae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Azelf, on Anti's social life
Ive seen dead tree stumps who get more action
Old May 22nd, 2008, 05:13 PM
destinytrigger
Prodigious Zombie Hunter

In the rocket hideout in Mahogany, just in front of the generator, there are portions of the wall that you appear to "walk" on. Not a gameplay issue, just a minor graphical error.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 02:41 AM
Raiph
I Wish I Had A Wing...

Send a message via AIM to Raiph
Hey im new here and i want to play the latest version of this game but when i go 2 his first post(Zel's) I can't seem to find it. And i seem to be having probs with it altogether like i don't understand if im doing it right or not or what i need. I have the firered rom and the visualboy advance but i dunno how to get shiny gold 2 work oh and if it's allowed can someone show me the link to the LIPS file you used to get this game to work? Thanks alot of you can help cuz this game looks nice.

ok i got the latest edtition of the ''game'' but i can't seem to get it 2 work and by this i mean HOW do i get it 2 work becuz when i downloaded it from this post it was an ips file and i have pokemon fire red rom so now i just need help on this. anyone?

ok i got it to work now it says the 1M sub-circuit board is not installed. How do i fix this cuz i got the game 2 start up but i get this prob. anyone?

oh and sry for triple posting i didn't see the edit button so srry i really didn't mean to and it won't happen again and im sorry

Last edited by Blazichu; May 23rd, 2008 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Triple Posting!
Old May 23rd, 2008, 04:04 AM
ke14nt
king of Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiph View Post
ok i got it to work now it says the 1M sub-circuit board is not installed. How do i fix this cuz i got the game 2 start up but i get this prob. anyone?

oh and sry for triple posting i didn't see the edit button so srry i really didn't mean to and it won't happen again and im sorry
hey i think you need to delete all your savefile (if you had already started playing)..and before you begin open your VBA and click option > emulator > save type and change the flash 64k to 128k. then begin..

hope you get it..
Old May 23rd, 2008, 05:02 AM
Saviour_Gundam
ZGMF-X23S

Send a message via AIM to Saviour_Gundam Send a message via Yahoo to Saviour_Gundam
Ok, I've done this over a hundred times, I've downloaded the ROM, Downloaded the IPS, used Lunar IPS to put the two together (Worked w/ Gold and Prisim Version).
Changed the flash from 64 to 128 (and back).
And All I get is a white screen.

What am I doing wrong?????? :: bashes bloody scalp into keyboard ::

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 05:07 AM
Raiph
I Wish I Had A Wing...

Send a message via AIM to Raiph
Thanks ke14int i got it working now and i just started playing it. This is a great game omg the best Gold version remake i've ever played(and i've played alot of fake pokemon g/s/c games).
Old May 23rd, 2008, 05:27 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Post on page 100!!!

lol

I hope ShinyGold doesn't get any Fakemon because I want to play it on my NDS using a Flashcard...
And I don't want a Bad Egg...
Old May 23rd, 2008, 09:50 AM
rooster12999
Beginning Trainer

I have looked EVERYWERE for the answer to my question yet I still cannot find it...
How do you restart your game after beating Lance and Carlos!
I have heard it happens to other people but no one seems to know the answer.
I will be very grateful if someone replies, thanks!

Last edited by rooster12999; May 23rd, 2008 at 10:05 AM.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 10:00 AM
blackshadow
Beginning Trainer

Hi im new but i've been playing this game for a while now and i have one
Queston in beta 5x can u go in mt silver and if not will it be in beta 6
Old May 23rd, 2008, 11:09 AM
~Gary
Pokemon Hacker

Really I believe that the hack this one very good and I hope that the next Beta works out prompt, chau
Old May 23rd, 2008, 11:19 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Sorry for not being around more yesterday, but I had some problems with the web browser (though it sounds more as if the ISP had some kind of problem and didnt allow me to open pages), so, I'll reply and talk about the update at the end of another long multi-quote post... Ready, GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangemaster View Post
How come some shiny gold roms have diffrent graohics than others? for example, some shiny gold roms have the hero wearing goggles, but the one I have has the hero wearing noting pleas answer ASAP!
Probably, the others are older Betas. I've decided to change the hero's overworld sprite after Beta2, maybe that's why. And I have also changed the hero's battle sprite after B4 (or was it 5? :\)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Riolu View Post
I can't wait for beta 6 to be released, maybe you could make the maps
bigger in version 1. Because in Pokémon FRLG the maps were bigger then
Pokémon RBY. But I'd think Shiny Gold should have bigger maps because the maps in
Shiny Gold are the same as Pokémon GSC. In Pokémon GSC the maps are 5x.
But in Pokémon RSE and FRLG, the maps are 7x in size. But why are you making the
maps the same size as Pokémon GSC? :\ I'm sorry zel if you don't understand this. -.-
I wanted to follow the same structures as the original maps had, why? maybe because it's another of my lazyness problems (yeah, most likely it's that). I'm not really a good mapper, I admit it.

So, the maps will stay as that, if later someone wants to do something about them, as soon as I allow the hack to be "overhackeable", then you may edit as much as you wish.

By the way, if Nintendo did change their maps size it wasnt because they wanted them to look pretty, but I have the hunch it was more like they had to in order to avoid many problems (specially related to overworlds setting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Aaron View Post
Zel, will you show us a sneak peak of your secret area of Kyogre and Groudon's lair?

Along with Rayquaza?
You already have a good idea of where will Rayquaza be located. And, I cannot reveal anything about the other two. But, in any case, I hack as I progress and dont do stuff that will be quite ahead in the game (I'm not that anxious), when the moment to reach those place comes, I'll implement them, and probably, I wont show those events as it'll be more exciting to discover them by yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon View Post
Can we PLEASE have the big pokedolls like in GSC?
Hmmmm... I dont think so. Implementing the room decoration system, although not impossible, would be extremely tiring. Anyway, wasnt that a feature only in Crystal? (dont forget this is a remake of Gold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoni159 View Post
also zel do you think it's possible to add more than 168 sprites?
if yes I'll try to add some as leganary poke sprites.
At least when I tried to a few weeks ago, they showed on OWE but not in Advance Map nor in the rom later. Currently my answer should be: No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinygoldash View Post
I think that it'll be something really basic. Putting radios on houses with a multi command to allow you to listen to different stations. That's as far as I'll go, probably (anything else to make it more close as in GSC would require creating something from scratch = ASM), but, in any case it's not exactly an important feature so I won't code it just yet, but it may be implemented in a later release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraith89 View Post
Cool! This stuff is amazing! But just a few things. When I tried to play as the girl character, everyone refers to her as "sir" and has the same dialogue as if they were talking to the boy protagonist...
I know about that, only that I havent pay attention to that, as a whole lot of other things.

By the way, the Ghost->special and stuff official reply is basically what Aquillae said. I just dont want to mess with the stuff Nintendo did, it still must look a bit official (I just change some of the stuff they did that annoys me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquillae View Post
I think the DP graphics are a poor fit on this hack at best - DP and third gen have a huge difference in graphics as DP's graphics are 3D, while third gen is 2D. I actually would advocate a change in some tiles, namely the signs and the gyms, to a more fitting design.
Still, my idea is to mix graphics from all 3 generations, that's why I add some DP graphs as well. Not like they differ that much from gen-2. If you try to convince me they look 3D, compared against a PS3 or other consoles, you'll have a hard time, let me tell you... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCharizard View Post
I hope ShinyGold doesn't get any Fakemon because I want to play it on my NDS using a Flashcard...
And I don't want a Bad Egg...
Nah, no Fakemon's on Shiny Gold. Why would there be one, if I'm just remaking the original Gold? With the addition of Hoenn Pokemon should be enough to entertain everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster12999 View Post
I have looked EVERYWERE for the answer to my question yet I still cannot find it...
How do you restart your game after beating Lance and Carlos!
I have heard it happens to other people but no one seems to know the answer.
I will be very grateful if someone replies, thanks!
Close the emulator, delete any .sav or .sa1 file, avoid using the saved files as well. Open the emulator, make sure the Flash 128k option is enabled, and now start a new game again. This time the game will acknowledge your settings and it'll be able to save&load. The problem is starting the game from the beginning, but that's not my problem, it's something that has happened to me as well when I played FR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackshadow View Post
Hi im new but i've been playing this game for a while now and i have one
Queston in beta 5x can u go in mt silver and if not will it be in beta 6
On Beta 6 you'll be able to reach up to Mt.Silver and battle Red (and have a second round against the E4)

--------------

UPDATE: Well, the digging minigame is finally finished, after inserting the overworlds. I'll just post the link to the video and talk more about how the system works in the next post (which I'll make in a few hours tonight), I dont want to extend this post any more.
Click Me! - Digging Minigame Video

Old May 23rd, 2008, 11:23 AM
Mitchman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Hasty
Dude nice. I ignored it for to long and now look I found the greatest thing on gba hacks right here. I seriously want to say sorry for ignoring this and the biggest good luck to having the most succesful hacks out there.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here