• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Resistant Rom?

It seems that every time I save something to my rom now, it changes to what I want IN THE PROGRAM, but not on the rom. And no, I'm not playing a different rom than I'm editing...

Has anyone else had this really weird problem? The main problems are occuring in Advance Map and the new PET...
Could be that the ROM is read-only

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2008
ok dude i got it. BUT ITS SO SLOW can any1 help it get faster. its the same with my no$gba emulater.

when i use VBA i get GBA rom LAG

when i use no$gba i get NDS LAG. Can some1 plz help?

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
Years
So, sorry to annoy but, does anyone know how to temporarily change the sprite of the player character?

was looking back here for new questions when i saw your post

when the player rides a bike they have a different sprite
so if you scrap the bike (no pun intended) you could have the disguise :)
but it would probably have to be a ninja or something because i dont know if you can remove the increased movement speed :D

the only problem then would be making wherever you wanna use it an area where the bike is allowed :)

taka6

wtf?
Years
  • Age 35
  • here
  • Seen Jul 16, 2010
i got a prob and i was wondering if someone could help this is for ruby but when i go somewhere were its supposed to be foggy all i see is the fog no scenery but trainer sprites come up

attached is a pic of what it looks like

:sean:
:t277: :t296: :t041: :t257: :t183: :t309:

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
Years
i got a prob and i was wondering if someone could help this is for ruby but when i go somewhere were its supposed to be foggy all i see is the fog no scenery but trainer sprites come up

attached is a pic of what it looks like

im not sure because i havent tried hacking ruby but is the fog added using a script? if it is maybe the script doesnt load map tiles?

and what's the relevance of the sprite and pokemon pics at the bottom?

Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2009
I thought that the pokemon needed a size of 64X64 but even then some are to big
so probably they need a smaller size at least the pokemon itself right?
Can somone tell me the Exact size the pokemon can be in order to load them without trouble into fire red?

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
Years
I thought that the pokemon needed a size of 64X64 but even then some are to big
so probably they need a smaller size at least the pokemon itself right?
Can somone tell me the Exact size the pokemon can be in order to load them without trouble into fire red?

Are you definetly within the right number of colours?

Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2009
i think so
so your saying that if u use the right amount of collors no pic is to big?

taka6

wtf?
Years
  • Age 35
  • here
  • Seen Jul 16, 2010
im not sure because i havent tried hacking ruby but is the fog added using a script? if it is maybe the script doesnt load map tiles?

and what's the relevance of the sprite and pokemon pics at the bottom?

the sprite is me and the pokemon pics are my current team but it was the original non hacked game but after i posted i figured well ill try advanced maps and sure enough it helped me fix it all though there is no more fog in the game or underwater effects but ill live

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
Under normal scripting(pokescript) circumstances, can it be possible to insert secret bases in fr/lg games?
It would be nice to see how the script is but this isn't a request thread.
also whenever i insert an aron revamp into a game with Unlz-GBA the aron always appears as a glitchy mess on the bottom part.
can anyone tell me why this happens because i check all 4 boxes and change the number.
Thanks to anyone who will help me with these questions.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
How can you edit a trainer sprite in Ruby (and insert its colors as well) in unLZ without screwing up every trainer sprite?

The problem is that every trainer sprite has the same palette offset: 00E59FD8

I realized that Free Space Finder wouldn't be of help because it just ruins all the trainer sprite palettes. >_<

Gold Tom

Krazier Than You
Years
when the player rides a bike they have a different sprite
so if you scrap the bike (no pun intended) you could have the disguise :)
but it would probably have to be a ninja or something because i dont know if you can remove the increased movement speed :D

the only problem then would be making wherever you wanna use it an area where the bike is allowed :)

Genius! Thanks for the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back