The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 23rd, 2008, 11:44 AM
Midnight Beat
elit resu motsuc

Wow. Nice job on the digging game, Zel. It's very detailed, and pretty close to the one in D/P. Very impressive.

<<--Life isn’t measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away- Unknown-->>
Old May 23rd, 2008, 11:57 AM
Maxim
Heavy Metal Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
Hmmmm... I dont think so. Implementing the room decoration system, although not impossible, would be extremely tiring. Anyway, wasnt that a feature only in Crystal? (dont forget this is a remake of Gold)
No, it was in Gold/Silver as well.
After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 11:58 AM
Shwicked

Yeah! The digging mini game looks awesome. I have one question. So, is there a limited time to dig things up or after getting 3 items, the mini game ends?

I wonder where Fossil Cave is...

~Awesome theme by Raikazu~
Old May 23rd, 2008, 12:16 PM
JJK
The chase is about to begin...

Location: Lisbon, Portugal, we owned half the world and we'll do it again
Congrats for the 100 (and 1) pages, its a true indicator of how great Shiny Gold is.
And if you want any proof, just check how many ppl registered in the forums just for this thread...

Anyway i just watch the video, the digging game is OUTSTANDING worth every capital letter
where will it be located?
And about my favourite, the beautiful Scyther, it would be great if it were available in the wild, and not only in the bug-catching contest (to get one cost me a automatic everstone...)

And for you guys saying "take your time", stop it, even if you dont mean it, you're basically doing the opposite...
Its ready when its ready... and no it wont be another Duke Nukem Forever...

Last edited by JJK; May 23rd, 2008 at 12:24 PM.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 01:14 PM
Raiph
I Wish I Had A Wing...

Send a message via AIM to Raiph
yea just take your time on the next beta so it comes out perfect and so it'll come out the way you like it XD.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 02:14 PM
Stalin Malone
Order. Stability. Progress.

I second JJK's point. Please make the onesl ike Scyther available outside of bug catching contests.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 02:27 PM
Dan13x
Togepi

Nature: Quiet
Cool, I like the digging mini-game!
Old May 23rd, 2008, 02:54 PM
trevor813
Its Just Me I Am Zero

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to trevor813
i just saw your video zel about the mini game and it looks great
Old May 23rd, 2008, 04:45 PM
plop
Beginning Trainer

if i update to this ver. from ver. X v4 will my save progress sill work??
Old May 23rd, 2008, 06:09 PM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plop View Post
if i update to this ver. from ver. X v4 will my save progress sill work??
Yes... but with terrible side effects. Do not try it- all right? Many events will be messed.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 06:18 PM
Erick
It's been a long time!

Nature: Adamant
Oh zel!
OMFG!
That's awesome!
Great work on that script.
Seriously it is S-I-C-K!
Kudos to you!
See you!
Old May 23rd, 2008, 08:01 PM
SilentWing
クロバット

That is an absolutely ingenious implementation of the digging minigame (in your sig). Great job! It's well worth the loading time (maybe you can insert a loading message?).

Cheers!

I will always be proud to support zel and Shiny Gold.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 08:49 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
hey zel, the digging mini game is very fun!
i wish you good luck with the game.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 10:04 PM
sirboulevard
Master Trainer/Coordinator

Nature: Rash
Dude! The new digging mini-game looks amazing! However it left me with a question: since fossils are obviously in, how are we going to be able to revive them? After all the lab on Cinnabar Island was destroyed. Also, is the Pewter City Museum in? I hated that they closed it in GSC originally.

Paired with ValentineUmbreon; Fluffy Little Sister-in-law: Chamo-chan;
Smart Little Sister-in-law: SilverDragonLaura; Twisted Little Sister: Baa.Baa.Blacksheep
Old May 23rd, 2008, 10:27 PM
pokegamefreak
Beginning Trainer

the mini game is so awesome, what is your next mini game going to be like
Old May 24th, 2008, 04:02 AM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
The mini game is nearly identical to the DP one.
It looks excellent.
I wonder where it is?
Well, good luck.
I'm sure Shiny Gold will be outstanding when its finished!

Check out the new thread soon!

Old May 24th, 2008, 04:16 AM
choatix
Choatix

What other mini games are you putting into the next beta Zel?
Is that tower in Vermillion open yet?
Loving the look of the digging minigame! Where is it?
(if you don't want to hide it from us!)
Old May 24th, 2008, 04:38 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
No, it was in Gold/Silver as well.
Ah, I see. Anyway, it doesnt change the fact that it'd be difficult to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarzor_x View Post
I wonder where Fossil Cave is...
I'll explain about how the system works at the end of this post, but about its location, where do we find Fossils usually?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJK View Post
And about my favourite, the beautiful Scyther, it would be great if it were available in the wild, and not only in the bug-catching contest (to get one cost me a automatic everstone...)
But, at least you got one, didnt you? In the original GSC, that was its only location so you were forced to do the bug catching contest as well, so I dont see the problem of doing it here also. Besides, that's why you also have a Scizor around, if you want Scyther, just breed (breeding should have some kind of importance in the life of a Pokemon trainer... *cough*sounded like something an anime character would say*cough*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWing View Post
That is an absolutely ingenious implementation of the digging minigame (in your sig). Great job! It's well worth the loading time (maybe you can insert a loading message?).

Cheers!
I thought about that, but since you'd have to press a button to close the message and keep loading, I wasnt sure of how much of a good idea that was. Unless we have message boxes that can be automatically closed, does anyone know or remember?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirboulevard View Post
Dude! The new digging mini-game looks amazing! However it left me with a question: since fossils are obviously in, how are we going to be able to revive them? After all the lab on Cinnabar Island was destroyed. Also, is the Pewter City Museum in? I hated that they closed it in GSC originally.
Yeah, Pewter's museum is back open, and mainly it's function it's just that one: reviving the fossils. More will be talked about at the end of this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokegamefreak View Post
the mini game is so awesome, what is your next mini game going to be like
My next mini-game is something not that interesting. But something that I wanted to do: A match-up mini-game, yeah, like the usual match-up games where you flip a card and then you have to find it's match-up, only this time, instead of cards, we'll have Pokeballs, and instead of images, we'll have Pokemon

----

MINI-GAME No.2
"The digging mini-game and Fossils Resurrection"

Somewhere around Mt.Moon, there'll be an extra cave where a hiker will share you a hammer or a pick and you'll have the chance to hit tiles till they crumble to get items.

Now, how does it really works? Well, both the hammer and the pick have different characteristics: While the hammer is more powerful, meaning less hits to destroy tiles, it also lasts shorter than the pick (up to 15 hits), while the pick lasts longer but it lacks power (it lasts up to 30 hits). Obviously, their sharing prices are different, so it's up to you which to pick.
Of course, since there's also some randomization involved, during some hits, the pick may turn to be better than the hammer. But overall, the hammer is stronger.

The game ends as soon as you've used either the 15 hits for the hammer, or the 30 for the pick. After that, the tool will break.

Now, about the tiles, if you've watched carefully the video, then you'll have noticed that the tiles will change randomly each time you start a new mini-game. Each tile has its own "stamina", and it's related to the sprite it shows. If you see a tile that looks too weak (usually a message shows up to show it's "about to crumble"), it gives you an idea that with one or two hits (or may take more depending on the randomization) it'll be destroyed. In the other hand, rocks that look too hard (bigger rocks) may take quite a few tries till it crumbles. But, since as you hit'em, their sprite will change, you'll have an idea on how many more hits you'll need.

What about prizes? The prizes are set as soon as the mini-game begins, and they wont change. Prizes are related to the initial tile's stamina. As a rule, tiles with higher stamina (big rocks) will lead to better prizes as they'll take more hits to be destroyed, but, it doesnt mean that only the big rocks will give you fossils. In fact, any tile may give you a fossil or two (then, someone will probably make a list, I'm sure of that >.<)
Oh, but dont forget something! Most of the time, no prize could be assigned to the tile, meaning a waste of hits on a useless tile. That's where the fun comes in, hitting the right tile to get the prize.

Part2-Reviving the Fossils

Pewter's Museum will be open as soon as you solve a problem they have. Once that is finished, the reviving event will be available. It's as always, a scientist will spot the fossils and will ask you if you want to give him one (much like Kurt's Apricorn script), this time, reviving fossils activates a "timed event" so it'll really take some time to finish the process (unlike FR where you step out the lab, then back in and it was finished )

But... This time, this scientist is a klutsy one, so he's bound to make mistakes during the process, thus making the fossils unusable. When that happens you'll have to give him another fossil and keep trying till he is sucessful (and if he'll be sucessful is setted as soon as you give him the fossil to make the event harder to be manipulated)

That's the idea, all of the fossils (Kanto and Hoenn) can be gotten from the mini-game.

Old May 24th, 2008, 04:53 AM
Magnius
Pokemon Music Hacking Guru

Awesome dude, hey sorry I haven't gotten a lot remixes in lately, I'll be sending a crapload today.
Old May 24th, 2008, 06:29 AM
Da Man
The One and Only

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnius View Post
Awesome dude, hey sorry I haven't gotten a lot remixes in lately, I'll be sending a heckload today.
Music remixes? How bout a preview on youtube :D.
Old May 24th, 2008, 07:11 AM
Shiroi Alucard
White Knight

Nature: Timid
Hey Zel, Im Just Wondering Id The Day/Night System Will Be In This One?
That Day/Night System Was One Of My Favorite Features In G/S/C XD
Old May 24th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Magnius
Pokemon Music Hacking Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Man View Post
Music remixes? How bout a preview on youtube :D.
Well lol I have a topic with a bunch of remixes, but I need to reupload some because I think the forum had crashed or something and some of the updated edits were gone.

Here's my lastest remix... Elm's Lab....
http://midishrine.com/midi/22603.mid
Old May 24th, 2008, 10:33 AM
KyGon
Master Charizard Trainer

Send a message via AIM to KyGon
man zel, lovin this updated version! i like the tile changes, and also the starter pics are nice too! Two thumbs up!:)

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 24th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Stalin Malone
Order. Stability. Progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK_Wolf_Dante View Post
Hey Zel, Im Just Wondering Id The Day/Night System Will Be In This One?
That Day/Night System Was One Of My Favorite Features In G/S/C XD
As far as I know it's not sadly. oH well.
Old May 24th, 2008, 11:18 AM
JJK
The chase is about to begin...

Location: Lisbon, Portugal, we owned half the world and we'll do it again
Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
But, at least you got one, didnt you? In the original GSC, that was its only location so you were forced to do the bug catching contest as well, so I dont see the problem of doing it here also. Besides, that's why you also have a Scizor around, if you want Scyther, just breed (breeding should have some kind of importance in the life of a Pokemon trainer... *cough*sounded like something an anime character would say*cough*)
I love scyther you wont beat me in knowledge about him hehehe
I know it only appeared in the contest in GSC (as well as pinsir, i think), and i actually won a contest with him, but i lost the last (of the 3) opportunities catching a lv. 13 female to B-R-E-E-D I-T , as Ditto is nowere to be found (a LOT rarer than in GSC, at least on the same place where it was, between goldenrod and the park), and i needed the silver wind scyther...
But my suggestion only stands if u cant fix the 3-times-limit contest

Oh so scizor's around... yup its here in the dex route 43 didnt know that...
It'll only be a breeder and a dex filler, as ugly and slow as it is...
Anyway i got to the end of the beta so i stoped playing it, as i want to be HUNGRY for B6, so i'll do all of that only there

And you've changed the TM's, right? Just to be sure

You still dont know what will you do with the FR move tutors, right? Well, how about putting the crystal move tutor, who would teach Bolt/Beam/Thrower for 4000 coins in the goldenrod GC?

EDIT: What happened to this post? I was positivly sure i left it in page 102, it went back one page (WEIRD...) ....

Last edited by JJK; May 25th, 2008 at 04:40 AM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links