The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase

Notices

Hacks Showcase Want to play a hack? Here, you can play some good quality hacks… or you can make your own and submit it here! (Unless you can show a significant amount of development, your hack starts at the "Progressing Hacks" forum first.)
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 26th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Dr Gregory House

Nature: Gentle
hey Zel,
the minigame looks totally awesome, and it was worth the time by the looks of it... man i wish i had 1337 skills like that! all i can do is make a trainer. LOL.
sprites look pretty cool, and they're close-looking to the ones in diamond and pearl (and platinum =D).
Just thought of something here though. You pay between 500-200, and yet you can get stuff such as full restore worth 3000? that means someone can get a full restore from there without paying the extra 1000 but spending some extra time. I like it tho!
keep up the great work!
Old May 26th, 2008, 03:01 PM
moh27
Beginning Trainer

in the SG-B5 Pokedex by Giovanni Boss is says articunno cannot be found but i kinda actually found articunno and i dun think i was suppose to find it either i used wall cheat to walk sound of fusia then eventually i found a cave went inside and found articunno
Old May 26th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Dr Gregory House

Quote:
Originally Posted by moh27 View Post
in the SG-B5 Pokedex by Giovanni Boss is says articunno cannot be found but i kinda actually found articunno and i dun think i was suppose to find it either i used wall cheat to walk sound of fusia then eventually i found a cave went inside and found articunno
yeh, try not to use cheats. generally, it helps if you play the game properly, and cheats may screw up your game anyway, as it's not the original fire red.
you're not supposed to be able to go south of fuschia, that's in the next beta i think, so don't rush into it by using cheats.
Old May 26th, 2008, 03:42 PM
maximum911
Beggining Scripter

Here are some bugs/glitches that i found
  • When you hit the start button in beta 5 in an emulator other than vba it crashes
  • the errand where you take that pokemon to the sleepy guy well the sleepy guy doesn't take the pokemon
other than that it looks good keep up the great work zel!

Feed JibberJabber a Rare Candy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!
Feed Greeno a Rare Candy!
Feed Horny a Rare Candy!
Feed Hungary a Rare Candy!
Feed Eclypsis a Rare Candy!
Need the perfect pokemon avatar for the forums you can find the pokemon avatar of you dreams at http://pokemon.marriland.com/avatars.php
Old May 26th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Dr Gregory House

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximum911 View Post
  • When you hit the start button in beta 5 in an emulator other than vba it crashes
i haven't had that, you'll probably find you may need to do a GBAheader fix on it, google is your friend! but i'm not too dure
Old May 26th, 2008, 04:42 PM
XD001234
Beginning Trainer

wow the digging game is great keep up the good work zel
Old May 26th, 2008, 05:54 PM
eliwood
Beginning Trainer

I have a question would fire red gameshark codes work?
Old May 26th, 2008, 11:15 PM
sirboulevard
Master Trainer/Coordinator

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliwood View Post
I have a question would fire red gameshark codes work?
Yes and no. Certain FR codes do work. However they almost all ruin the game. Zel didnt create Shiny Gold to be compatible with any cheating devices. My advice: you want to cheat thats your choice, just know that you probably destroy your game.

@zel: speaking of cheating. I actually did the same thing moh27 did (on seperate copy, and just out of curiosity about the missing parts of kanto) and the Seafoam Islands register as Maiden's Peak (an anime exclusive area); is that going to be part of the game or is that something in the FireRed coding from when nintendo created the area?

Paired with ValentineUmbreon; Fluffy Little Sister-in-law: Chamo-chan;
Smart Little Sister-in-law: SilverDragonLaura; Twisted Little Sister: Baa.Baa.Blacksheep

Last edited by sirboulevard; May 26th, 2008 at 11:23 PM.
Old May 27th, 2008, 01:19 AM
Awec
Maniacal Egotist ~

Quote:
  • the errand where you take that pokemon to the sleepy guy well the sleepy guy doesn't take the pokemon
Someone mentioned this before in the old thread, and Zel said that the Sleepy guy only wants the letter, you can keep the Pokemon.
Old May 27th, 2008, 01:47 AM
shinygoldash
bagel-meister ;)

So?

It's just time. Enjoy waiting by carrying on with yer normal life.

I have a feeling about the roxk posted a few pages back on the sea...

CHRISTMAS 2010!
2 Months
Old May 27th, 2008, 06:16 AM
ke14nt
king of Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDukey View Post
it has cerulean but there is only a Carlos event there so it pretty much doesn't count

also there is no power plant

basiclly once ure at cerulean u just have to train
hmmn.. beta 5 ends at the Fuschia coty and the safari zone.. maybe u havent got the ghostbuster that's why u can't advance further..

hehe.. i also tried using that cheat and found articuno in the cave.. and since i'd used that cheat i've seen the cinnbar island and got some fossils at the pewter city and gave it the cinnabar Lab.. now i've got kabuto and aerodactyl..:D
i know its not yet finished and cheat is not allowed but i was just experimenting..:D

Old May 27th, 2008, 07:13 AM
NeoS
Mexican Hacker

Hi bro!!! not long ago that none of you. therefore good. beta 5 is so brilliant, and I played and the truth is very good. Well, good, I find you in the Messenger, now i returned to the hacks. =D adios hermano te cuidas mucho ... xD

Click in the Tittlescreen and go to the thread.

Old May 27th, 2008, 07:54 AM
CAPETINHA™
Beginning Trainer

I can not save, and that is what I already put the type of save to 128k and still not giving ta, some aid; x
To wanting passes E4
Old May 27th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Meowth
That's Right!

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Meowth Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Meowth
What you do is close your emulator, then open it up without a game, change it to flash128, then close your emulator again. That always works best for me
Old May 27th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Raiph
I Wish I Had A Wing...

Send a message via AIM to Raiph
This game is gonna be very good. Hmm it makes me wonder what will happen to it in the future...
Old May 27th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Chairzard
Professor oak finished chair

I beat the elite for then its game over, I don't get to go to kanto.And i really want to catch a Chairzard or Charmander
Old May 27th, 2008, 09:03 AM
choatix
Choatix

Quote:
Originally Posted by moh27 View Post
in the SG-B5 Pokedex by Giovanni Boss is says articunno cannot be found but i kinda actually found articunno and i dun think i was suppose to find it either i used wall cheat to walk sound of fusia then eventually i found a cave went inside and found articunno:S
It is possible to see Articuno without cheating as well... you can see it in the binocluars near Fuchsia. YAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairzard View Post
I beat the elite for then its game over, I don't get to go to kanto.And i really want to catch a Chairzard or Charmander
Firstly, the same response as usual, you need to play with Flash 128K and then restratt your game. And anyway... you can get Charmander and evolutions in Goldenrod... it's a game corner prize (2100 coins).

Quote:
other than that it looks good keep up the great work zel!
You need to just gie the pokemon the mail, not he pokemon. Spearow is YOURS.

It's probably fixed by B6, but there's a border issue in Fuschia (south).
Why does Spinda appear in the Whirl Islands?
I just want B6! XD
Old May 27th, 2008, 11:47 AM
CAPETINHA™
Beginning Trainer

I already tried most of all jeitos not yet able to save within the memory of the game someone helps me T.T
Old May 27th, 2008, 11:49 AM
picori56
Beginning Trainer

love love love it. a fire red style of pokemon GSC with some RS pokemon in it.
Old May 27th, 2008, 12:14 PM
SephirothX
a.k.a. Shadomew

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SephirothX Send a message via Yahoo to SephirothX
Holy flamin' damn! This has come a long way since I last visited PC. (Whoah, that was like a year ago?) I'm impressed. The tileset's awesome; you did a nice job on the Johto map; the phone booth is pure genious. I'm most impressed with the music. Did you figure out how to loop it, then? Well hey, awesome work, Zel! Keep it up!

(And try to fix the Union Cave Pokémon Center... :S)

Poke my eggs?
Linkin Park - Blackout | Pendulum - Watercolour
Old May 27th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zeikku™
@zel, I like what you've done since the last beta, It seems as though you never struggle with idea's , I see from your work that your very focused and that it's worth waiting for you even if you have a life to live AKA uni
But the digging event is great, simple too
From beta 3 (the first beta I played) I thought that this would be just a remake, But you've added a lot of originality to this.
I love the new music, the sprites, the battles.
I wish you the best man, keep it up.

Follow me on Twitter by clicking on my signature.

Last edited by Spheal; May 28th, 2008 at 01:55 AM.
Old May 27th, 2008, 04:55 PM
JUAN7845
playing Pokemon Black2 :D

Nature: Naughty
i wonder when the next betas gona come out
now that zel got a job probibly not eny time soon
Old May 27th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Hiroshi Uwishicarwei
Darkness...

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hiroshi Uwishicarwei
The hack is really pwnage. But, people, if this a remake, don't mess with it. Its just making it the worst kind of remake.

Old May 27th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Momoko
OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAing_The_AfterShockWave View Post
The hack is really pwnage. But, people, if this a remake, don't mess with it. Its just making it the worst kind of remake.

Yesh, it is pwnage XD, altho im not sure what you mean by not messing with it. A normal remake would seriously SUX, just fr lg grafix. dont u think Zels ideas give the hack a nice touch :o like its a new game?

anyways,been a while since i posted but AWESHUM job on the dig event. I was wundrin wen u mite put fosils in ;).

My wonderful sissy-Soari
Old May 28th, 2008, 01:11 AM
JJK
The chase is about to begin...

Location: Lisbon, Portugal, we owned half the world and we'll do it again
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeikku SSJ7 View Post
@zel, I like what you've done since the last beta, It seems as though you never struggle with idea's , I see from your work that your very focused and that it's worth waiting for you even if you have a life to live AKA uni
But the digging event is great, simple too
From beta 3 (the first beta I played) I thought that this would be just a remake, But you've added a lot of originality to this.
I love the new music, the sprites, the battles.
I wish you the best man, keep it up.
Yup, ideas aren't zel' problem. And will never be, as long as me and some other ppl are around...

What will be done with the Viridian Battle House? A good idea would be to put there famous trainers absent from the game (Gabby and Ty, Archie, Maxie, Geovanni, Hoenn Gym Leaders, etc.), welll, if that isnt the objective of the Vermilion tower...

Sponsored Links