The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old April 9th, 2008, 03:13 AM
RayRay
Beginning Trainer

Are you using the Pro version of Game Maker.

[br]Click here to feed me a Rare Candy![br]Get your own at PokePlushies!
Old April 13th, 2008, 10:02 PM
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

Send a message via AIM to jonsploder Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to jonsploder Send a message via Yahoo to jonsploder
Yes, I have updated the first post heaps! Be sure to check it.

Also I have changed the title. It is now 3D and MMORPG. It does not have depth, but it has a different dimmension: Time. I have just finished coding the Day/Night system! It does not yet syncronise with your PC, but that is only a few days away.

Time plays a very big role in this game as stronger pokemon are found in the grass at night and rarer. So if you are a newer player it is best to train in the day and if you are older you can train at night. At midnight a few legendaries will be more common.

This is totally unique as far as I am aware and is very exciting to program even!
Old April 14th, 2008, 01:33 AM
O.G. Duke
a.k.a OmegaGroudon

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to O.G. Duke
Looks good soon!
And finally you posted my title background! XD
Well, I'll keep an eye on this game. Don't dissapoint me!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old April 16th, 2008, 05:48 AM
imtheomega
Trainer

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to imtheomega
Nice project. I hope the server will be up soon, so we can play the demo and see how it works.

Good luck .

Some tips to customize Pokemon Essentials : here
Old April 18th, 2008, 06:44 PM
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

Send a message via AIM to jonsploder Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to jonsploder Send a message via Yahoo to jonsploder
Yeah, I am trying very very hard to get the server up. I dont think that it is worth it yet, as the next demo will be an entirely new game.

I think you will find in it:

A full or almost complete pokedex - all the way up to 493 pokemon.
A semi-complete battle system.
A new world of NPC's, and a few indoor stuff.
Almost all of the bugs fixed, I cant see any at the moment.
A day and night system.
Bag system.
Computer storage and stuff.

And in the demo after that ALL of the above will definately be completed, and hopefully all the other basic stuff. Then we will just need to map and create quests.
Old April 21st, 2008, 12:14 AM
Intuition
Overwhelming boredom

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Intuition
Nice, I'll keep an eye out for this project.

Also known as Mewther
Old-school PokéCommunity member
Old April 21st, 2008, 12:54 AM
fade101
I rawr youu!!

Awesome... cant wait to play it, wish you the best of luck dude... dont dissapoint us now, lol... kidding
don't ever look back
they'll tear us apart
if you give them the chance
don't sell your heart
don't say we're not meant to be
forever will be
<3 you and me <3

Old April 26th, 2008, 09:10 PM
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

OK, a little teasing update: A few more of the pokedex scripts have been completed, and thats very exiting as the games code is now based around it. Soon 200 pokemon will be in the game!
Old April 27th, 2008, 06:17 AM
Gdog12356
UNTH1NKABL3

Nature: Jolly
could i be a beta tester??
Old May 1st, 2008, 10:38 PM
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

Ok, but the next few demo's will be waiting for a while. Its because we are tacling everything hard now to get it out of the way.

I am also thinking I stepping down to assistant director, only doing coding and a little bit off directing. I will be looking for people that want to help (directing wise).

If you do PM me, and I will talk it over. Experience in gamemaker or in any game making things would be a biggy.

Also because of this post, dont think that this is at all abandoned, I am simply stepping out of this role so I can consentrate on working the code.
Old May 4th, 2008, 03:50 PM
blaster911
reincarnation of matt

Nature: Naughty
Hey the demo up yet?
im wondering cause it says it was up the day before my birthday....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXIWGP37ORc
watch to see romantic final fantasy character squall
Old May 8th, 2008, 11:48 PM
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

No, lol. Read the first post. Also much progress on the dex has been made (again). All the Kanto pokemon have been added, except for a few certain pokemon. =-D! Maybe 200 pokmon will be coded in a few days, but I have all my exams on in these four weeks. After that, I will have a major chunk of time to work on this.

I am still leader of dev BTW.
Old May 9th, 2008, 12:10 AM
darkerarceus
Advanced RM2K3-er

Nature: Relaxed
Can't wait to see!
The only thing i could do with the lite version of game maker
is Make a Catch the Shaymin and Flareon Game
Just like a catch the clown game
and i don't know much about GameMaker or Sphere i'm a RMXP guy
Old May 9th, 2008, 07:20 PM
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good news snippet also guys, the map maker is back on track thanks to Jack (secondary programmer, pretty much a full one though :P), it looks VERY professional, although there are many long hours ahead for us to implement it in. You will be able to build Pokemon Linked soon :)

Also I have 3 weeks of exams ahead. As soon as they are over, I will have alot of time on my hands, time for the game.

Still abit of progress on other things, but I think if we consentrate on making the map maker, logically that gives everyone more time to make maps for a better next release. There will probably be competitions on the best maps made, with winners getting items.

I'll try and post a screenie as soon as we have a decent thing to show. Maybe even a demo!
Old May 13th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Callydude™
I hide in the darkness

Hey to get the server working search up hamachi in google and download and install it...You can use it to host a server for free.

Roxas

The key of Destiny

Old May 14th, 2008, 11:11 PM
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

Yeah, I know hamachi...its a very bad program according to a few trusted critics. First everyone has to download and install it and its a virus?

Thanks though . If the server is not properly fixed by the update I will definately use it untill something else crops up. I might even get it back up with a small new demo just for a few days for everyone.
Old May 14th, 2008, 11:34 PM
Callydude™
I hide in the darkness

Im using it for my MMO and its working perfectly 100% clean...Well hmmm....

Roxas

The key of Destiny

Old May 15th, 2008, 04:54 AM
BabyColor
Beginning Trainer

Isn't it be more fun if the pokemon league not just beating E4 but a Pokemon League like in the anime, where many player compete to earn the title og pokemon Master ?
Old May 16th, 2008, 10:21 PM
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

Yes, the game will support PvP, trading, chatting etc...

Also yes thats a very good idea that has already taking a bit of thought, although we cant do anything on it untill the battle is completely done. And on a side note, I personally have moved on to programming attacks (all of them of course), and have over 500 lines of code done already on it, which is alot. I think I will be almost 2/5 way through by the end of today :). This marks most of the battle system and I think that I will be releasing a demo of the battle system sooner than I expected. If you want to help PM me - you will get credit and alot of thanks, many hands make light work and this is quite a hard thing for me to tackle on my own. It requires no programming knowledge also :).
Old May 17th, 2008, 02:24 AM
« Extraho »
Cookies, anybody? :3

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to « Extraho »
Lol, an morpg till now.

Please have various pokemon under wise loads of lv5 charmendars will be present!

*Working on a signature.
I support:
Spoiler:

Old May 17th, 2008, 07:05 PM
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

Sorry can you repeat that? You made a few typos I think ;).

Just then I programmed a further 353 lines of code for every attacks "damage", along with the previous attack names. I will finish of the types and then there will only be two other main things on the attacks. I am almost exactly halfway through in 2.5 days, so expect it all to be complete hope fully in 4 days from now. I'll inform you all more soon :).
Old May 17th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Callydude™
I hide in the darkness

I would help you if you wanted...Youd have to send me game maker and the rest of it cause I dont have it but i do know quite a bit about the main game maker system.

Roxas

The key of Destiny

Old May 20th, 2008, 10:45 PM
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

Sure, but I dont think that you can do very much at the moment, its just basic programming which is a mess (in who's doing waht), and adding another person would be a negative affect, lol. Do you have any mapping skills? If you do can you please post a basic example of your work please.

Good news guys: I am getting very bored of this tedious programming, and I have decided to try and work on putting together the game again into the next demo. I think that all the attacks have been programmed, I programmed over half, and a kind person raised their hand to do the rest. I should have cody working on the battle system also, but the problem is stats and putting them ingame. I have also decided to try and rid myself of the auto-updater, and get patchs instead so there will be less to download. I am working also on cleaning up the forums and will probably move everything into an inisable bin, keeping everyones posts. The forums have decided to be the official dates and times, so refer to it for things like that. More importantly on it are a few useful links, cody has put up a site that tells people what the staffs times are, and you can have your name added to it if you want.
Any idea's on gameplay would be great as I want a few cool things in this demo that others havn't seen in a fangame before :).

Thanks everyone also that supports this game - you make our (the staff) world go round, its amazing how positive a comment can be :).
Old May 26th, 2008, 01:11 AM
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

W00T!! Absolute awesomeness! The server is FINNALY working and properly! I think that we can expect almost NO problems at the moment with the server, for the time being. This means the demo will now be confirmed to come out! Another piece of great news is that Cody (or Jacksparrow) has brilliantly coded the pokedex layout, all we have to do is fill in the major scripts :). The attacks are coming along nicely now, and will be done very soon. Then major work on the battle system will begin, with probably Cody (yet again, lol) will work it as usual. He is doing most of the major things in coding at the moment, and for that I promoted him to an Administrator on the forums and game. I am trying to get the pokemaart to work, and there has been progress on that already in the 1 hour that I've been working on it.

The problem is that I have so many small things I need to fix, for instance the chat, room transition, and tiles are all incorrect, along with having to redo ALL the mapping etc...Not fun. But I will have all of those done soon I hope. Its rather good news and I am starting to think that the release will definately be under the original 1/7/08 I was considering. Good news all around, :).

The last major thing that I am trying to do is the entire day/night/season/weather events. This is a bit complex to put in at a stable time (not really, just a fair bit of work) so we are going to make the system REAL TIME BASED. Yes, this does fix the issue of time-zones, so you are not playing in a sunny game when its dark. The visual affects are going to be added also so it makes better screenshots.

Updates later, thanks!
Old May 26th, 2008, 05:25 PM
BuizelFan
Marvel Fan

Send a message via AIM to BuizelFan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BuizelFan Send a message via Yahoo to BuizelFan
Just a small suggestion that's probably already been tackled before, but why not make it so that people can walk over other people and be in the same space?

I mean synchronized walking can get kind of annoying and be slightly problematic when two people wanna go into the same space, or if people stop in front of a door.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links