The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 27th, 2008, 07:12 AM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Send a message via AIM to Virtual Chatot

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wichu View Post
Noctowl and Stantler evos would be nice though. But I don't like the name "Nitehoot".
Hmm...In the animal kingdom owls are part of the order Strigiformes, so maybe the Noctowl Evo should be called Strigfowl.

Another name for Reindeer is Caribou, so maybe Caribone?
( Ground/Normal )
Old May 27th, 2008, 07:21 AM
Mitchman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Hasty
Strigfowls nice but it sounds like a deer. Fowl is whats tricky.
Old May 27th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Nopie
Beginning Trainer

I wouldn't choose Strigfowl as the name for a Noctowl evo; "fowl" makes it sound like a chicken. A name I think would work better for it is Spectowl, derived from 'specter' and 'owl'. I suppose another root might be 'spectacle', noting that owls have superior eyesight, but when I was thinking of the name I thought of 'specter' because owls fly so silently they are almost like phantoms. On that note, Phantowl doesn't sound so bad either, but I do like Spectowl better.
Old May 27th, 2008, 09:02 AM
ArceusGamer
Beginning Trainer

Ice Block. Type: Ice

Base Power: 60

Battle Effect: Creates a tomb that locks up the Pokémon.
Doesn't work against Fire-Type Pokémon, and Fire-Type attacks will hit trough it.

Feed my Pokémon a Rare Candy
Old May 27th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Myzou
Lost and Confused xD

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Myzou Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Myzou Send a message via Yahoo to Myzou
How about a more unique type of attack?

4 Types:

Earth Cage
Water Cage
Fire Cage
Wind Cage

Prevents everyone from attacking for 3 turns, except that of the opposite element. (I.E. A water type attack can go through fire cage, fire through wind, wind through earth, and earth through water) So yes, only 1 type of attack could be used while this is up. After one attack is successfully done, then the cage disappears the following turn.

Old May 27th, 2008, 07:03 PM
HeavyOctillery
Locked & Loaded

Uh, Phantowl & Spectowl are being used by Titanium/Iron as a new Pokemon line already; I know there's not a real copyright, but it'd be appreciated to avoid those ideas.

If ya want this to be a usable emote, copy & paste to show your support!

Support Amber IDE.......because, seriously, we need an actual Pokemon game engine.

For those who don't know, Nintendo has shut down Pokemon Fusion Generation in a massive case of overreach.
Let's show Nintendo that that ain't acceptable.
Use the hashtag #FreePFG on Twitter, so that one guy's hard work isn't erased.

Feel free to PM me if ya have any questions.
Old May 28th, 2008, 02:29 AM
Skele
Idea Maker

I have some new ideas:

1. Maybe you can give 3 difficulty levels: Easy, Normal and Hard. Easy can be good for begginers in pokemon world. There can be good tutorial and some hints before harder duels. Duels in Easy mode can be easier like in Normal level, but there can be unavailable some pokemons and locations. Difficulty in Normal mode can be comaparble with official pokemon games. There can be available most of pokemons and locations. In Easy and Normal mode are unavailable Mystery Gift and Online system. In Hard mode are highest difficulty, duels are very hard because trainers have good pokemons and can use items. There are available all of "nonlegendary" pokemons and all of implement locations.

2. Maybe player can choose one specjalization in game beggining?
EVOLUTION - There are chance for early evolution for lvl up pokemons. For example: Cranidos can evolve into Rampardos in 28 lv.
TRADE - Prices in Pokemart are lower.
POKEMON BATTLE - User pokemons have higher stats.
CATCHING - Increase chance for catch wild pokemon.
DRAWING - Increase chance for meet Shiny or Reverse pokemon.
BREEDING - Lower time needed to hatch pokemon eggs.

Ninetales evolution, with Moon Stone when Ninetales have any Ghost type move - Fire/Ghost (because is mystic pokemon who can cast curses) (maybe don't raise stats, reduce Attack, raise Sp. Attack, give moves Curse, Perish Song, Moonlight and maybe other)
Tentacool alternative evolution, with Dawn Stone - Water/Ghost (higher Attack and Sp. Attack, lower Sp. Defense and Speed, like Tentacruel, give moves Omnimous Wind, Thunder Wave, Camouflage and maybe other)
Farfetch'd evolution, with Grass Stone - Flying/Grass (mainly raise Attack, give moves Grass Knot, Vine Whip, and maybe other)
Pinsir evolution, with item and trade - Bug/Ground (evolution like Scyther->Scizor) (maybe don't raise stats, reduce Attack and Speed, raise Sp. Defense and HP, give moves Magnitude, Dig, Rest and maybe other)
Jynx evolution, with item and trade - Ice/Psychic
Tauros evolution, with level up - Normal/Steel (mainly raise Attack and Defense, give moves Iron Tail, Iron Head, Iron Defense and maybe other)
Dragonair alternative evolution, when learned any Ice type move from TM - Dragon/Ice (100 Attack and 134 Sp. Attack, lower HP and Defense but higher Speed and Sp. Defense, give some good ice moves)
Ariados level up evolution - Bug/Poison (tarantula) (mainly raise Speed and Attack)
Yanma alternative evolution, with Dawn Stone - Bug/Dragon (56 Defense and 86 Sp.Defense, like Yanmega, give moves Dragonbreath, Dragon Dance and maybe other)
Granbull level up evolution - Normal/Fight (give moves Mach Punch, Submission, Close Combat and maybe other)
Miltank pre-evolution, evolve with level up
'Miltank pre-evolution' alternative evolution (for male) - Fight (bull) (lower HP, Defense, higher Attack, like Miltank, give moves Rage, Horn Attack, Close Combat, Brick Break, Swords Dance, Low Kick, Leer, Stomp, Captivate, Fury Attack and maybe other)
Seedot alternative evolution, with Moon Stone - Grass/Ghost (haunted tree) (lower Speed, HP, higher Attack and Sp. Defense, like Nuzleaf->Shiftry, give moves Scratch, Slash, Night Slash, Curse, Absorb, Mega Drain, Giga Drain, Ingrain, Ancient Power, Shadow Punch, Destiny Bond and maybe other)
Sableye evolution, with level up - Ghost/Dark
Female Mawile evolution, with Sun Stone - Steel (geisha with smaller jaw and blades (but smaller like Gallade blades)) (give moves Captivate, Attract, Night Slash, Psycho Cut, Metal Claw, Lovely Kiss, Swords Dance and maybe other)
Male Mawile evolution, with Sun Stone - Dark (3 bigger jaw pokemon, like a predator flower) (give moves Captivate, Taunt, Poison Fang, Thunder Fang, Ice Fang, Tri Attack, Swords Dance and maybe other)
Trapinch alternative evolution, with Dawn Stone - Ground (stats raising with Trapinch natural stats proportion, give moves Rock Tomb, Magnitude, Camouflage and maybe other)
'Trapinch alternative evolution' evolution, with level up - Ground/Dark (big sand worm) (stats raising with Trapinch natural stats proportion; give moves Thunder Fang, Fire Fang, Poison Fang, Rock Slide and maybe other)
Absol evolution, with Dawn Stone - Dark/Psychic (mainly raise Sp.Attack and Sp.Defense, give moves Teleport, Agility, Extrasensory and maybe other)
Luvdisc evolution, with level up - Water
Cherrim evolution, with Sun Stone - Grass/Steel (give moves Metronome, Mirror Move, Mirror Coat, Healing Wish, Iron Defense and maybe other)

And maybe other pokemon idea:

Salabone (salamander + bone = bony salamander) - Dragon/Dark - salamander with purple skin and huge white, bony armour in chest shape. Have two bony horns on head and some bony horns in their long tail. Have sharp claws and sharp bony beak. That predator pokemon live in river and hunt in night. They don't have any next evolution form. Salabone is very slow, so they need attack with ambush. They stick at victim's neck and pump into poison, which weaken her.

Defense>Attack=Sp.Attack>Sp.Defense>Speed

Some moves who they can learn at level up:

Peck, Poison Sting, Leer, Faint Attack, Withdraw, Glare, Dragon Rage, Horn Attack, Harden, Screech, Bone Rush, Snatch, Punishment, Protect, Dragon Claw, Sucker Punch, Slam, Outrage

And move idea

Hydrokinesis (Special) (for Kadabra/Alakazam, Starmie, Slowbro, Slowking, Xatu, Lugia, Bronzor/Bronzong)
Type: Water
PP: 15
PWR: 75
Raises move power if in last turn, user used Kinesis. Raises user's Sp. Attack for 1 stage.

Last edited by Skele; May 29th, 2008 at 04:17 AM.
Old May 28th, 2008, 02:41 AM
Mitchman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Hasty
I would say those are pretty solid ideas there skele. But wouldnt absol evolve with a dusk stone due to its chaosy nature?
Old May 28th, 2008, 05:33 AM
Skele
Idea Maker

I don't think about that. I choose Dusk Stone because i think it's better for Absol than Moon Stone and level up evolution for that pokemon it's bad idea.
Old May 28th, 2008, 08:17 AM
Nopie
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by HeavyOctillery View Post
Uh, Phantowl & Spectowl are being used by Titanium/Iron as a new Pokemon line already; I know there's not a real copyright, but it'd be appreciated to avoid those ideas.

My mistake, I didn't know As you can see I'm new to these boards and haven't had time to look around much yet. I came up with those names on my own, I had no intention of stealing an idea that has already been thought of. Thanks for letting me know. They are good names, and I congratulate you for thinking of them first :D
Old May 28th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Trace
Trainer

Well Wichu,
Amethyst is pretty solid.
The story is nice, and your spriting skills amaze me.
I'm not going to suggest anything at this time, since I'm rather bad at ideas.
-LT
Old May 29th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Glaceon_
As Fleeting as the Wind

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Glaceon_
This is looking like an amazing concept; I especially like the quick-switch that you're planning to put into the "Pokemon" menu. It'd definitely make changing Pokemon around a quicker task. XD

The Pokemon look great, as well; Wichu looks too cute! I wanna play this, just to catch one.. XD I could come along later, and, if you need such, give a few ideas on Pokemon you could possibly work with. Unfortunately, I'm terrible with graphics, so I wouldn't be able to give any visuals.. ;;

But I would be interested in giving ideas for this production. Its a great idea, to start your own Region from scratch.

*supports*

Set by the wonderful Twinx
Platinum Glaceon Sprite is too cute! x_x <3

Last edited by Glaceon_; May 29th, 2008 at 04:58 PM.
Old May 29th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Neo-Dragon
Game Developer

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Amethyst is pretty solid.
The story is nice, and your spriting skills amaze me.
I agree with that Wichu. Ya got a good game here. The person I quoted pretty much said what I was gonna.
Looking forward to this, so keep hard at it lol.

ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

http://www.calisprojects.com/
Like our facebook page and show your support!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-...s/326374858787
Old May 29th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcookie_93 View Post
Strigfowls nice but it sounds like a deer. Fowl is whats tricky.
I think you thinking of the name "Stag", which is another name for a deer.
Old May 30th, 2008, 07:01 AM
Glaceon_
As Fleeting as the Wind

Well, we could play with the already apparent psychic capabilities on Hoothoot and Noctowl, looking at what could possibly be another Flying/Psychic Pokemon; Visiowl was one, combining Owl with Vision, but it reeks of un-originality, and it doesn't really seem to fit with the trend that Noctowl flicked up.

However, I did then think of issuing something completely random; partially modifying the word; Protostrigidae, which is one of the fossil names under "Owl" as a family, on Wikipedia, I thought of Proctowl. (simple addition of a letter, lol) Whether people see it as suitable or not, is another thing entirely, but it is a possibility; given it hasn't already been used by other Original Pokemon game makers.

But people would be advised not just to stick close to the source, but to look at what the Pokemon currently has, for a possible new evolution. Try and come up with a better name that relates to the possible powers that an evolution of Noctowl could have.

But all-in-all, saying all that, its really up to Wichu, if Wichu actually wants to include an evolutionary form for Noctowl.

Old May 30th, 2008, 07:10 AM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

Nature: Naive
Thanks for the feedback, guys!

I'm not really sure I want to include hundreds of evolutions for old Pokémon. I'm pretty sure that most people here would rather see some brand-new Pokémon than evos, right?

But I'll consider the ideas anyway ;)

A random update - I've just finished the Pokédex screen.

I'll probably end up changing it a bit, but this is the general gist of it.
Old May 30th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Giraffesaremylife^_^
Beginning Trainer

How did u make this? It is cool. I want to try it.
Old May 30th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Giraffesaremylife^_^
Beginning Trainer

Awesome. How do u do it? Make the stuff, I mean.
Old May 30th, 2008, 07:32 AM
sonic smash down
strive for the best

Send a message via Yahoo to sonic smash down
u may want to try and avoid double posting but its with a program called rmxp and while your at it you may want to try out poccil's starter kit, it really makes things alot easier *thinkz to self* but accordin to wichu i was using it wrong o well i can fix it.
by the way wichu nice job on the game so far i would look at everything but right now im to busy packing for the trip
Old May 30th, 2008, 07:58 AM
Glaceon_
As Fleeting as the Wind

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback, guys!

I'm not really sure I want to include hundreds of evolutions for old Pokémon. I'm pretty sure that most people here would rather see some brand-new Pokémon than evos, right?

But I'll consider the ideas anyway
Yeah; generally, the new evolutions of old are what Nintendo seem to prefer, sometimes. XD A question, though; are you planning on using the trend Nintendo have used, and create any Eevee Evolutions for your game? I'm just a little curious, because I'm.. well.. a fan of Eevee and its evolutions. XD;

Especially the possibilities of them making a Normal type evolution for it. Effectively Eevee all grown up! XDD

Quote:
A random update - I've just finished the Pokédex screen.

I'll probably end up changing it a bit, but this is the general gist of it.
Looking awesome; I like how it looks. 'Course, with the game still in development, things aren't always to stay as they appear, huh? XD Looking forward to seeing more on this, as it develops, Wichu.

Old May 30th, 2008, 08:01 AM
marinos519
Beginning Trainer

Good.....actually brilliant
DId you received my pm? If yes will yout ake into consideration?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 30th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Neo-Dragon
Game Developer

(The Pokedex)Looks really slick wichu. The text looks like it gets a bit funky at the top and bottom, I think just sorting out the transparency or something will fix it (don't no RmXP so can't help lol), but yeah looks good. Defo keep that style!

ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

http://www.calisprojects.com/
Like our facebook page and show your support!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-...s/326374858787
Old May 30th, 2008, 08:51 AM
KiNG08
PRoF. KiNG{pkmn creator}

Send a message via AIM to KiNG08 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to KiNG08 Send a message via Yahoo to KiNG08
awsome...I suport

is there anything to play yet?

WoRKiNG oN:

i SuPPoRT:

Old May 30th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNG08 View Post
awsome...I suport

is there anything to play yet?
A beta is not out yet, no
Old May 30th, 2008, 07:11 PM
elemenopee
overlord of all the pokemons

just throwing this out there, but i thought it would be cool to have an "equal pokemon" instead of just having Plusle "Plus Pokemon" and Minun "Minus Pokemon"

Sponsored Links

Advertise here