The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 29th, 2008, 11:38 AM
JJK
The chase is about to begin...

Location: Lisbon, Portugal, we owned half the world and we'll do it again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glaceon_ View Post
Recently started playing this, and I've got to say, I'm really liking it; even the loss of the PokeGear is barely noticeable, so its all good.

The smallest thing you'll ever notice following:
Spoiler:
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, or if you're aware of it, Zel, but there's a minor problem with the Bellsprout Tower first floor stairs; (when you first enter the tower) I walked into them from the top of the screen
and the character walked straight over the steps, and onto the tile below. However, it still took you to the next floor, so there's no real problem with it. (if needs to be known, it was while using your B5 version of it; not the SGX one)

Again, sorry if this has been said before, but I thought I'd let you know, since its such a small piece of the game, and likely overlooked. If need be, I can see if it does it again, and try getting a 'cap of it. 'Course, considering if you know about it already, or not.. ;

If known, then please ignore that part of my post.
I think that's due to the stairs in the tower being warps, im not really into it
And it does happen in SGX, wich is waht i play

I've also spotted some other similar thigs to that, like being able to exit the goldenrod mall elevator (and some other spots, if forgot wich ones, ill post if i remember or find again) by walking horizontally on the doorway mat, etc.
Old May 29th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Glaceon_
As Fleeting as the Wind

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Glaceon_
Ahh, I see. I'll guess the names being something like "2 TRAINER /1" also happens in X5, as well? Its rather uncommon, but the first trainer (the one battling with a Spearow against a guy with a Pidgey on the left-most path, when you go to Mr. Pokemon's house) and a few others have it happen to them. Misplaced exclamation marks on other trainers, too, but they're just tiny details that aren't actually affecting the game. Though I'm sure people have pointed that out to Zel, already. It doesn't degrade the fact that even as BETA, this is the best ROM hack I've come across. I got the biggest nostalgic feeling, when I saw videos of it, on youTube.
Old May 29th, 2008, 01:19 PM
sirboulevard
Master Trainer/Coordinator

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glaceon_ View Post
Ahh, I see. I'll guess the names being something like "2 TRAINER /1" also happens in X5, as well? Its rather uncommon, but the first trainer (the one battling with a Spearow against a guy with a Pidgey on the left-most path, when you go to Mr. Pokemon's house) and a few others have it happen to them. Misplaced exclamation marks on other trainers, too, but they're just tiny details that aren't actually affecting the game. Though I'm sure people have pointed that out to Zel, already. It doesn't degrade the fact that even as BETA, this is the best ROM hack I've come across. I got the biggest nostalgic feeling, when I saw videos of it, on youTube.

I believe that was done so that Zel can tell which trainers are the Phone # trainers. I believe itll be fixed by the final release or a later Beta. Just ignore it for now.

Paired with ValentineUmbreon; Fluffy Little Sister-in-law: Chamo-chan;
Smart Little Sister-in-law: SilverDragonLaura; Twisted Little Sister: Baa.Baa.Blacksheep
Old May 29th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Dr Gregory House

Nature: Gentle
yes. could be that...or the fact that thinking up/remembering names for in excess of 200 trainers is a hard thing to do!
keep it up zel
Old May 29th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Glaceon_
As Fleeting as the Wind

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Glaceon_
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirboulevard View Post
I believe that was done so that Zel can tell which trainers are the Phone # trainers. I believe itll be fixed by the final release or a later Beta. Just ignore it for now.
Probably a wise thing to do. With loads of trainers, it wouldn't be hard to forget which were for the Phone Calls and stuff. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirwillis04 View Post
yes. could be that...or the fact that thinking up/remembering names for in excess of 200 trainers is a hard thing to do!
keep it up zel
Actually, past and present Pokemon games pretty much cover in excess of 300 names, so finding them wouldn't be too much trouble, but granted, recalling them wouldn't be a good idea, since, for example, I only remember a few trainers from games because they have names of people I know or they use names I've used online. XD

Though I'm not complaining; I was just mentioning it, since I wasn't sure about it. Zel's ROM is awesome; even for a BETA. Its a very enjoyable and nostalgic experience, going through Gold again, but with 3rd Generation styles. I'd guess that if and when remakes for Gold and Silver come out, I'll likely still play Zel's Version, because like Peppita said in Star Ocean, its a "fleeting vision of the future!" or something like that. A concept on top of the possible eventual remakes.

On top of that, some of the additions I've noted look pretty cool, and I'm looking forward to getting to the point where I can start picking up on those Legendaries. XD
Old May 29th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Sacred Dragon
Yes, that's a Mewtwo

This hack is so awesome :D!! Good job!
Old May 29th, 2008, 07:03 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Ahhhh... Finished selecting posts, now it's time to reply. Ganbate, zel!
Spoiler:
Ganbate = Go for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzakoe View Post
Yes I knowone, how about the one that says: "Saving, don'turn off the power... " It closes automaticly!
I dont know if I'm able to see that part on that script, since it's something that's always active. Probably it is possible, since there's messages around, but I'm not sure...
Any other that's not so critical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Beat View Post
I realize this isn't a priority, but it's something interesting to think about.
Zel, have you giving any thought to what you could do with the starting movie with the Gengar and Nidoran? It would be cool to see a new intro for Gold.
Have I giving any thought to that? Nope, But I dont think we could be able to do anything too different to what's present, so that's why it's not even in my list (it could be possible that I decide to leave it as it is, in the end, this IS a hack...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capoland View Post
hey, does anyone know where i can download beta 1 & 2 for shiny gold? i would like to have all 5 beta's.

idk if there even is a beta 1 & 2. im just assuming there is since the newest one is called beta 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendsxix View Post
I made a Pokemon Shiny Gold website at shinygold.us.to . It will have betas 1 & 2 soon as I notified Zel and told him that I need them.
Of course there are Betas 1 and 2. Although I dont know why you'd need it

I do have them, but since I'm not on Windows since a long time, it'd be better if some "hack collector" (?) would contact Friendsxix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinygoldash View Post
I think we should open a SG thread saying about problems like the damn save thing!
That would wipe out 20 posts a month.
I'll consult Hiroshi about that (maybe a thread in the Scrapbox), but...
Spoiler:
...we all know there'll still appear some of those messages here, and then we'll get unnecesary "just post that in the scrapbox thread", at least for a while :\

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJK View Post
Dark Cave, 1st Section(Violet Side)

Ah, is anyone who had played the B1 around here? Isnt it funny how, after almost two years, there's still one of those tiles with the arrow?
I'm sure old people remember about there being a lot of those arrows on Dark Cave.

Just a minor tile fixing

Quote:
Just thought of something here though. You pay between 500-200, and yet you can get stuff such as full restore worth 3000? that means someone can get a full restore from there without paying the extra 1000 but spending some extra time. I like it tho!
keep up the great work!
Yeah the time to waste is the key here. Depending on how lucky you get you may get a bunch of items with few bucks, but on the other hand, you may waste your fortune on the minigame...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirboulevard View Post
@zel: speaking of cheating. I actually did the same thing moh27 did (on seperate copy, and just out of curiosity about the missing parts of kanto) and the Seafoam Islands register as Maiden's Peak (an anime exclusive area); is that going to be part of the game or is that something in the FireRed coding from when nintendo created the area?
The anime area is merely a coincidence (that sounded like some movies' phrase), because I was just thinking about pretty names in spanish, and then translated it to english. Anyway, it's not related to anime events, but, there'll be a very critical event for someone there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoS View Post
Hi bro!!! not long ago that none of you. therefore good. beta 5 is so brilliant, and I played and the truth is very good. Well, good, I find you in the Messenger, now i returned to the hacks. =D adios hermano te cuidas mucho ... xD
Jojo, look who's here! >.<
Just PM me here, it's more probably to find me here than on MSN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choatix View Post
Why does Spinda appear in the Whirl Islands?
Spoiler:
Because its eyes look whirly-like, dont they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephirothX View Post
Holy flamin' damn! This has come a long way since I last visited PC. (Whoah, that was like a year ago?) I'm impressed. The tileset's awesome; you did a nice job on the Johto map; the phone booth is pure genious. I'm most impressed with the music. Did you figure out how to loop it, then? Well hey, awesome work, Zel! Keep it up!

(And try to fix the Union Cave Pokémon Center... )
The looping was figured out by clonex (at least, he's the first I think), and now he and Magnius (havent heard from birthofdna in a long time) are giving me a hand with the music part.

About the PC at Union Cave...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeikku SSJ7 View Post
@zel, I like what you've done since the last beta, It seems as though you never struggle with idea's , I see from your work that your very focused and that it's worth waiting for you even if you have a life to live AKA uni
But the digging event is great, simple too
From beta 3 (the first beta I played) I thought that this would be just a remake, But you've added a lot of originality to this.
I love the new music, the sprites, the battles.
I wish you the best man, keep it up.
My idea is to keep it as a remake and at the same time not being "so" remake, just enough "remake" to satisfy as much people as possible. Maybe that's the key here? Who knows?

I'm just grateful for having so many people's help. That's also key, of course ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJK View Post
What will be done with the Viridian Battle House? A good idea would be to put there famous trainers absent from the game (Gabby and Ty, Archie, Maxie, Geovanni, Hoenn Gym Leaders, etc.), welll, if that isnt the objective of the Vermilion tower...
That Battle Tower's purpose is to offer two or three different battle modes. But since it's just an idea and nothing implemented I cannot really say anything else about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
One small question Zel,

Will the 3rd generation legendaries get their R/S/E music?
Or will it just be the random pokemon music?

Deoxys had an awesome theme, that's why I asked.
It HAD, before it was replaced by Carlos' music. You win some, you lose some. So, RSE legendaries' music will depend on if there's slots that we could use. The GSC music has the priority.

Ahhhhh... Done!
Now I can go to sleep, I'll be a bit more around this weekend.

Old May 29th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Lufia_Maxim
Beginning Trainer

I just want to let you know, zel, that it is possible to change the intro movie. I can't remember which hack it was, but I'm100% sure I've played a hack where the intro movie was edited.

Keep up the great work. I've been playing this since B1 (no, I don't remember any arrows like that, it's been too long) and actually stayed away from this site, because I was killing myself waiting for the next beta. I came back to find that you were already on Beta 5, which was awesome. Now I've played all the way through that and can't wait for the next Beta. Maybe I should ignore this until you're done? Who knows. Keep it up, you rock.
Old May 29th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Send a message via AIM to Virtual Chatot
Please, I beg of you, Do not approve of any website made on Freewebs

There are number of people who would gladly make a ShinyGold Website from scratch.
Old May 29th, 2008, 11:46 PM
Ry_mann88
Beginning Trainer

Hey, I've been coming to this site for awhile but I just registered so I could download Beta 5. Is it still working for people right after they download it because I went to patch the ROM and for some reason, all I get is a white screen. I tried both methods of patching described in the other thread (using ipsXP) and it still won't work. Any suggestions? Thanks and sorry guys. I'm pretty new to trying out hacks, but I couldn't pass this up.

Thanks again for any help.
Old May 30th, 2008, 02:08 AM
clonex25
PM disabled until notice...

Good day to all.

@zel: have you placed a link to my newest uploads? if not, let me do it.

to all PC users: please leave a comment in youtube... enjoy

Legendary Beasts Theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQxnY8NI3Uo

Ho-oh, Lugia and Celebi Theme (i wish...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWOnleg_GcM

I hvae updated the GBA Music Looping thread. It now has a tutorial for looping multiple-tracked S Files. Click the link below:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=118722

Due to popular demand, I have lowered the Wild Pokemon Theme (with two versions) and added it in my music collection thread:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=139756

Next STOP: To make guidelines regarding GBA music tracks
Old May 30th, 2008, 04:06 AM
Dr Gregory House

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry_mann88 View Post
Hey, I've been coming to this site for awhile but I just registered so I could download Beta 5. Is it still working for people right after they download it because I went to patch the ROM and for some reason, all I get is a white screen. I tried both methods of patching described in the other thread (using ipsXP) and it still won't work. Any suggestions? Thanks and sorry guys. I'm pretty new to trying out hacks, but I couldn't pass this up.

Thanks again for any help.
hey there, your best bet is to go to the scrapbox and go the shiny gold help thread. i've never had any problems, have you tried lunarIPS? that's a better patching utility.
also, what firered rom are you using? because sometimes depending on the location of the rom ([E] [U] [J]) depends on whether the patch will work or not.

nice music clonex!
keep it up!

can't wait for another update zel! (no pressure intended)
Old May 30th, 2008, 07:13 AM
SuperLink
Lost focus when she dissed me!

Nature: Bashful
Hey, I've been following this for a little while now, but I only just decided to join (I've been browsing over the manga forums a bit too) and plan to download the latest beta when I finish my college year in a few weeks. I've gotta say the more I see the more impressed I am, and I love the music remixes you've done, so keep up the good work.

Also on the topic of the game's music, I found this a little while ago and wondered if it would be easier, harder or similar to implement.
ww w.youtube.co m/watc h?v=yxDQmBZQ-ak
(without spacing)
It looks like you've already got this theme covered, and this one was *supposedly* from R&S (by hacking it) anyway. I don't know much about hacking so I don't know if it would be already in FR&LG somewhere. Just wanted to bring it to attention incase it hadn't been before and wondered if it may help XD

I'm amazed you managed to make a digging mini game. Will there be any other D/P/P elements in Shiny Gold eventually? Can't wait to see more
Old May 30th, 2008, 07:49 AM
el lloydie

Will we be able to rebattle all of the Gym Leaders at some point? Or is it restricted to just the one? It would be cool if we could battle them again with improved teams.
Old May 30th, 2008, 07:49 AM
H.Lecter
Rockfan

Is there a beta where i can play the Kanto Region too?

Old May 30th, 2008, 08:04 AM
lacrette
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by H.Lecter View Post
yes. its called beta 5. also zel will there be a possiblty of catching zaptos or moltres.
Old May 30th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.Lecter View Post
Its the most recent beta my friend
Old May 30th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Dark_Knight@@Cecil
Beginning Trainer

I just watched the videos of remixed music...The music ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 30th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Ry_mann88
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
hey there, your best bet is to go to the scrapbox and go the shiny gold help thread. i've never had any problems, have you tried lunarIPS? that's a better patching utility.
also, what firered rom are you using? because sometimes depending on the location of the rom ([E] [u] [J]) depends on whether the patch will work or not.

nice music clonex!
keep it up!

can't wait for another update zel! (no pressure intended)
It's a Fire Red ROM with the title;

1695 - Pokemon - Fire Red Version (E).gba
Old May 30th, 2008, 11:36 AM
shadoweevee
Are you still there?

Quote:
It's a Fire Red ROM with the title;

1695 - Pokemon - Fire Red Version (E).gba
look for a firered rom for the United states (U) it's not meant for europe or japan

All of the other ShinyGold banners
Spoiler:

I did not make these, but if you want to use them pm me and I'll give you the code.
Old May 30th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Ry_mann88
Beginning Trainer

I found one and it worked, thanks guys. You can tell I'm new at this. I'm playing it now, looks amazing Zel, Can't wait for the finished master piece.

But I do have a question.

Okay, so I read that you said we can explore the Center and East Kanto map, can we still go to all of the cities or will it crash if we try to go there? Or can we still go there, but there arn't any scripted events?

Thanks guys.
Old May 30th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Quote:
I found one and it worked, thanks guys. You can tell I'm new at this. I'm playing it now, looks amazing Zel, Can't wait for the finished master piece.

But I do have a question.

Okay, so I read that you said we can explore the Center and East Kanto map, can we still go to all of the cities or will it crash if we try to go there? Or can we still go there, but there arn't any scripted events?

Thanks guys.
You'll be blocked when you try to go there.
Old May 30th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Cammy25
Beginning Trainer

I think its a great hack! Playing it right now but maybe if its possible you know at the Ruins of Alpha, the panels. Maybe you could allow the players to do it ourselves?

POKEMON RUBY DESTINY - REGIEN OF LEGENDS!
Old May 30th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammy25 View Post
I think its a great hack! Playing it right now but maybe if its possible you know at the Ruins of Alpha, the panels. Maybe you could allow the players to do it ourselves?
It's more or less impossible to do that in Firered
Old May 30th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Cammy25
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by Heatran View Post
It's more or less impossible to do that in Firered
Ah Damn

I was looking forward to being able to do that if it was possible, its fun

POKEMON RUBY DESTINY - REGIEN OF LEGENDS!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links