The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 2nd, 2008, 02:57 PM
Midnight Beat
elit resu motsuc

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archeopterix View Post
Shiny Gold X or just Shiny Gold?
Shiny Gold and Shiny Gold X are both the same game. However, in Shiny Gold X, the trainer's levels have been increased to give you an added challenge.

This answer and more can be found on the FAQ on the first page.

<<--Life isn’t measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away- Unknown-->>
Old June 2nd, 2008, 03:01 PM
Archeopterix
Cooltrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Beat View Post
Shiny Gold and Shiny Gold X are both the same game. However, in Shiny Gold X, the trainer's levels have been increased to give you an added challenge.

This answer and more can be found on the FAQ on the first page.
Thanks, pardon my ignorance.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 03:15 PM
Ry_mann88
Beginning Trainer

So with editing a LAN version of VBA to communicate with other Emulators through IP, could this be done for battling as well? If so, I'll try googling it and feeling it out.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 03:25 PM
Raiph
I Wish I Had A Wing...

Send a message via AIM to Raiph
Yea it'll have the link button and you can configure it to the proper adjustments it needs 2 work on ur com and then you could either trade with another emulator open or thru someone's ip address while they're playing.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 04:28 PM
Archeopterix
Cooltrainer

I know I've asked my share of trivial questions for one day, but does anyone know where I can find a Leaf Stone? Or do I have to go all the way to Bill's house and show his dumb grandpa a pokemon.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 04:29 PM
Raiph
I Wish I Had A Wing...

i remember buying em in the old G/S/C but i dunno if zel put that in in this remake so i dunno i'd look around.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 05:26 PM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Send a message via AIM to Virtual Chatot
Quote:
I know I've asked my share of trivial questions for one day, but does anyone know where I can find a Leaf Stone? Or do I have to go all the way to Bill's house and show his dumb grandpa a pokemon.
I'm pretty sure you can find one in a route somewhere, but you'll probably have to go look in one of the guides for Shiny Gold.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 05:59 PM
Stalin Malone
Order. Stability. Progress.

Last I checked you didn't get to buy the stones in GSC.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 08:54 PM
Krashman
Beginning Trainer

When you talk to Amelia behind Lavinder (I think that's what it's called, the place in Kanto with the Radio Tower) the game freezes.

Last edited by Krashman; June 2nd, 2008 at 09:28 PM.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 08:59 PM
Lufia_Maxim
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Is it impossible to find them?!
I know there was some event that triggered that let's you get them back. A familiar face from the past meets up with you and helps you get them back. I forget what you had to do to trigger the event, but I do know it's somewhere in Fuchsia, so it can't be too hard to find.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 09:08 PM
Archeopterix
Cooltrainer

For some reason, when I'm in a battle in Beta5, it often takes a while for me to select an option. I'll move the directional arrows or press a or b, but it takes a while to respond. That's only in battles though. It's weird, because it doesn't do that on the older beta of Shiny Gold I have.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 09:48 PM
noah73x
Noah

Send a message via ICQ to noah73x Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to noah73x
i advise you just to give a leaf stone to a pokemon and transfer it from the red fire to your shiny gold... cause i just checked my saves at Shiny gold Beta 4, Shiny gold X beta 4, Shiny gold beta 5 and Shiny gold X beta 5...
and in none of them i got a leaf stone [but you can get it from bill's grandfather i just tried it]

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 10:05 PM
Aquilae
=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Aquilae
When is beta six co

Anyways zel, I condensed all the pages of the walkthrough (sans Part XI and XII which I will be redoing in the near future) into one .txt file as I found it more convienient to transfer my drafts over as opposed to using the Freewebs Sitebuilder.

I think my website is listed on Google but somehow there is only one search term used to find it. While searching on Google for my page (yeah I have no life >_> ) I found a Japanese fansite on Shiny Gold with a lot of pretty screenshots and FAQs and stuff like how to register and download the SG patch.

I can only read the Chinese part of Japanese, so you could ask someone else to contact the webmaster to put his/her website on the front page.

Seems like the creator has stopped updating the page (says at the bottom), and wants to preserve this as a relic for when the new beta comes out (babelfish >.>)

Shiny Gold is expanding into the Japanese market >.<

http://www.geocities.jp/pokemonshinygoldzel/index.html

Offtopic: 85 hits woohoo =X

Check out my youtube channel!
http://www.youtube.com/user/AquiIae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Azelf, on Anti's social life
Ive seen dead tree stumps who get more action
Old June 2nd, 2008, 10:15 PM
shinygoldash
bagel-meister ;)

Japan? The hack's travelling now!
Soon... *Gulps* Nintendo might know about this.

I wonder how you'll fit so many pieces of music in...

CHRISTMAS 2010!
2 Months
Old June 3rd, 2008, 02:18 AM
Dr Gregory House

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinygoldash View Post

Japan? The hack's travelling now!
Soon... *Gulps* Nintendo might know about this.
It's not like they're gonna care really, although it is possible they might decide it is worth manufacturing?
No, that was stupid.
But seriously, they'll have made enough money from platinum that they probably won't care!
I also think that there should be a massive link to the shiny gold help thread on the front page, as so many people are asking simple questions. agree?

looking forward for somenew updates...if any XD...keep up the good work!
Old June 3rd, 2008, 03:54 AM
Mitchman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Hasty
Ohk someone delete post now delete. No jirachi god darn it. We said it 100 times. NO FRIKIN JIRACHI. And if that is the true script thnx for ruinin it you kill-joy. I mean i already caught it but heck come on leave some mystery for the others!What im said is confusing cause im not spoiling anything for the other people. It could or it could nto be the script.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 05:20 AM
Raiph
I Wish I Had A Wing...

Uh yea you can buy it in the old G/S/C in the kanto region i remember quite well doing it.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 07:39 AM
o.necromancer.o
(Insert Something Random)

Quote:
For some reason, when I'm in a battle in Beta5, it often takes a while for me to select an option. I'll move the directional arrows or press a or b, but it takes a while to respond. That's only in battles though. It's weird, because it doesn't do that on the older beta of Shiny Gold I have.
If your using the visual boy advance emulator go to the option dropdown menu go to framskip and raise the number.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 10:04 AM
Raiph
I Wish I Had A Wing...

Is This how your Room is supposed to look like?
Attached Images
File Type: png Is This Correct.png‎ (3.7 KB, 99 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old June 3rd, 2008, 10:07 AM
LiquidR
I am the shadow on the moon at night

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LiquidR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiph View Post
Is This how your Room is supposed to look like?
Nope. Did u used your previous save-game? f that isn't the case, try finding a other rom

Click to view my FC
Spoiler:

Old June 3rd, 2008, 10:14 AM
Raiph
I Wish I Had A Wing...

No i just download beta 5 and a clean U.S Firered rom.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 11:03 AM
dirk123
Organization XIII

Send a message via AIM to dirk123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiph View Post
Uh yea you can buy it in the old G/S/C in the kanto region i remember quite well doing it.
You could not buy the stones in G/S/C.

In G&S, you could get 1 of every elemental stone by showing a certain pokemon to Bill's grandpa.
In C, you also had a few "re-battle" trainers, who will phone you if they found an item (a few with evo stones).

You could only buy stones in Kanto with R/B/Y in Celedon.

Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Walkthrough: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=2305
Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Pokemon Location FAQ: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=2735
Old June 3rd, 2008, 11:09 AM
Nisangorou
is on a mudkip mission

Looks awesome. But I have a slight...question? Or problem. Not much, but when you start the game it says "The various buttons will be explained in the order of their importance." There's a little red arrow in the corner of the screen. When I press A it takes me to another screen..."Greetings! This is the help system!..." but I'm not sure what to press. x3

(I really appreciate you feeding Noir~<3)

Old June 3rd, 2008, 11:23 AM
Shinigami_God
Beginning Trainer

Hey, new to the forum, but I've been playing the hack for a while now, and it's a lot of fun. Just wondering if anyone knows an early place to find a Moon Stone so I'm not stuck with a Scyther until the waterfall. Thanks.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 11:24 AM
o.necromancer.o
(Insert Something Random)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisangorou View Post
Looks awesome. But I have a slight...question? Or problem. Not much, but when you start the game it says "The various buttons will be explained in the order of their importance." There's a little red arrow in the corner of the screen. When I press A it takes me to another screen..."Greetings! This is the help system!..." but I'm not sure what to press. x3
This should just be part of the opening so just keep pushing A until Oak pops up.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here