The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 3rd, 2008, 11:26 AM
Nisangorou
is on a mudkip mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by o.necromancer.o View Post
This should just be part of the opening so just keep pushing A until Oak pops up.
What I mean is, nothing happens. Ahaha. I'll just keep trying.

(I really appreciate you feeding Noir~<3)

Old June 3rd, 2008, 11:30 AM
GoAway0000
Good D/P Battler:7th Grader:Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisangorou View Post
What I mean is, nothing happens. Ahaha. I'll just keep trying.

All you have to do is go to your VBA and go to OPtions -> Joypad -> Configure -> 1

then set your buttons to button A as letter A on your keyboard and etcetera. so if you want the buttons to be the letters just change the letter.

(For start i use letter X and for Select letter Z. either that or its flipped) after you fix the joypad dont forget to set it to 128k so you can save.

Happy PLaying!
Old June 3rd, 2008, 11:34 AM
Nisangorou
is on a mudkip mission

Thanks GoAway and Nechro - I've got it now. =3

Old June 3rd, 2008, 11:46 AM
JJK
The chase is about to begin...

Location: Lisbon, Portugal, we owned half the world and we'll do it again
Just one question: i havent still understood how the *yamn*slows work
Slowking evolves into slowbro through water stone? at least thats what i get, and its WEIRD, as some might consider slowking better...
And about evo stones, will they also be available through digging?
They're stones afterall...

And SG is coming to japan? BRACE YOURSELF ZEL-SAN NINTENDO WILL SEND A 9-YEAR OLD NINJA INSIDE A FORTNE COOKIE AFTER YOU!!!
Old June 3rd, 2008, 11:50 AM
GoAway0000

Quote:
Thanks GoAway and Nechro - I've got it now. =3
its now very easy to play isnt it?

Well since you are here see what I support:

since the banner is too wide i have no shiny gold banner but i support shiny gold
Click here to feed me a Rare Candy! Get your own at Pokeplushies!
Lelou is the Arceus that you see below so please feed him every 5 levels for him to change type!
Arceus is DRAGON type

Visit my page @ youtube.com/GoAway0000
Old June 3rd, 2008, 11:54 AM
Nisangorou
is on a mudkip mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAway0000 View Post
its now very easy to play isnt it?
Very easy - it works brilliantly. The save feature actually works. <3

Old June 3rd, 2008, 12:00 PM
GoAway0000

Quote:
Very easy - it works brilliantly. The save feature actually works. <3
im tryin to send a friend invite to ya but uh cant really dont know how ta...

since the banner is too wide i have no shiny gold banner but i support shiny gold
Lelou is the Arceus that you see below so please feed him every 5 levels for him to change type!
Arceus is DRAGON type

Old June 3rd, 2008, 12:02 PM
Nisangorou
is on a mudkip mission

@GoAway: Thanks :9

@Anyone: Hey, are the running shoes every going to be incorperated into the game? I haven't been far and I don't know if they're in or not. If not, it might mean some hard work but it would be a nice feature for future versions. :3

Old June 3rd, 2008, 12:04 PM
GoAway0000

Quote:

@Anyone: Hey, are the running shoes every going to be incorperated into the game? I haven't been far and I don't know if they're in or not. If not, it might mean some hard work but it would be a nice feature for future versions. :3

Running shoes are in Shiny Gold but you have to play through enough to get thenm like in FireRed

Arceus is DRAGON type

Old June 3rd, 2008, 12:05 PM
dirk123
Organization XIII

Send a message via AIM to dirk123
Quote:

I think you get them from your mom after giving the Mystery Egg to Elm. Not sure though. But they are in the game.

Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Walkthrough: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=2305
Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Pokemon Location FAQ: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=2735
Old June 3rd, 2008, 12:05 PM
Nisangorou
is on a mudkip mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAway0000 View Post
Running shoes are in Shiny Gold but you have to play through enough to get thenm like in FireRed
Ah. Thanks again.

Anything else to say? This game is awesome.

Training Tip: Try and search for Metapods at the beginning - they give you a fistful of EXP. points C:

Old June 3rd, 2008, 08:13 PM
Archeopterix
Cooltrainer

Thanks for the info on the framerates, necro, you really know your stuff. I circumvented the issue of the Leaf Stone by using a FireRed gameshark code, have half a dozen of them in my PC now.

Also, just thought I'd say I love the Johto music remixes on Beta5. Great job on them.

Another edit: In Beta5, whenever I go into the Pokemon Center in Violet City, the tiles become randomly rearranged and surround me and I can't move. Not that I want the Togepi egg from Elm's aide, but I've been tricked by him twice. "ZOMG meet my aide at the pokecenter i haev big news!11!" *goes into pokemon center* *game locks up*.

Last edited by Archeopterix; June 3rd, 2008 at 10:19 PM.
Old June 4th, 2008, 12:15 AM
Nisangorou
is on a mudkip mission

Oh yes! The Jhoto, ahem, remixes are awesome. I can hear a scratchy noise behind them though. Is that supposed to happen?

@Archeopterix: Ah...I've never heard of that. I'll look through some faqs and see if there's a solution. C:

Old June 4th, 2008, 12:31 AM
Krashman
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami_God View Post
Hey, new to the forum, but I've been playing the hack for a while now, and it's a lot of fun. Just wondering if anyone knows an early place to find a Moon Stone so I'm not stuck with a Scyther until the waterfall. Thanks.
The moonstone isn't behind the waterfall so I guess you can get it as early as surf.

Spoiler:
You can find a wild scizor around the lvl 20s in the area before the Lake of Rage. The bug guy is looking for it too.
Old June 4th, 2008, 01:15 AM
Nisangorou
is on a mudkip mission

I've encountered 2 glitches after saving in Sprout Tower:

1. My name (OPHELIA) has been changed to OPH.
2. The game thinks my pokemon (Eoni the Totodile and Anorochi the Ekans) have come from trades ("Apparently met in NEW BARK TOWN", "Apparently met in Route 32 at level 8") Both now level 17 they don't obey any commands now.

Help please?

Old June 4th, 2008, 01:22 AM
Dr Gregory House

Nature: Gentle
Quote:

2. The game thinks my pokemon (Eoni the Totodile and Anorochi the Ekans) have come from trades ("Apparently met in NEW BARK TOWN", "Apparently met in Route 32 at level 8") Both now level 17 they don't obey any commands now.

Help please?
Wow. That is truly weird. I encountered a few glitches in sprout tower with the music and the battles. XD
why would it think they have been traded? that is weird. hmmmmmm...perhaps restart seeing as you're not that far in the game yeah? and don't save inside sprout tower this time?

Quote:
Oh yes! The Jhoto, ahem, remixes are awesome. I can hear a scratchy noise behind them though. Is that supposed to happen?
As far as i know, that's what happens with the Carlos battles, but none of the others. I think it's something to do with the volume adjustments in the actual midi file or something, but i'm not sure.
Old June 4th, 2008, 01:24 AM
Crosell
Advanced Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Why can't Scyter evolve into scizor ? I dont wanna catcha scizor. i wanna have a scyther and then let him evolve into one =o
Or arn't so of the evolutions not done yet ? so maybe it will be in Beta 6 ? =D

I'll make a man out of you!
Old June 4th, 2008, 01:31 AM
Nisangorou
is on a mudkip mission

Thankyou SirWillis. I don't want to start again so I'll just wait until I get another badge so they'll obey me. :3

Old June 4th, 2008, 01:43 AM
Dr Gregory House

Quote:
Thankyou SirWillis. I don't want to start again so I'll just wait until I get another badge so they'll obey me. :3
clever thinking...but you may need to catch some pokemon so that you have a guaranteed pokemon that obeys you...that way if you go over the level cap you wont be in the same position again. =D
it could also be something to do with the save type. but it's a bit late now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossel View Post
Why can't Scyter evolve into scizor ? I dont wanna catcha scizor. i wanna have a scyther and then let him evolve into one =o
Well perhaps you could catch a scizor and then breed it to get a scyther? use your initiative mate

Last edited by Dr Gregory House; June 4th, 2008 at 01:53 AM.
Old June 4th, 2008, 03:39 AM
choatix
Choatix

Quote:

Help please?
This is one of those evils glitches in Shiny Gold. Zel has not figured out what causes it, but I'm sure than when he knows, he will. It happened to me in Union Cave (so I loaded a previous save (after finding my Mudkip to then before) and when I gave Kurt the GS Ball. Other glitches that Zel does nolt know what causes them are the Bad Egg glitch and some other. If possible, go back to an old save? And... does you name appear with a red arrow att eh end of it oin the start menu? That's how I found out. Choatix became Cho. It's so ANNOYING! But, hey, I save a lot. I use the SHIFT + F1 feature almost every time I battle a difficult trainer (after every move in them) and then everytime I find a pokemon I want! (even Zubat.. only because I wanted to catch it with a Luxury Ball...). My Jirachi turned into a bad egg and I was really, really annoyed! But hey, it's a game, and I just traded it to my own save file (by re-loading a previous) to the most recent. You could do that, and you pokemon would obey, but only if you had a previous save file. And make sure to save in an F1-10 slot. To link VBA, well, have 2 running and both go to the pokemon centre. Need I go on? That way, I got Jirachi back into my next save. (I found a Shiny Golbat then released Jirachi was gone so I didn't want to just carrry on from the previous save file). I talk too much... even when I write... Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossel View Post
It can evolve into Scizor. With a moon stone. In Beta 5. And why do you want to catch Scyther then evolve into Scyther for? Are you that despreate for a move like Aerial Ace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krashman View Post
The moonstone isn't behind the waterfall so I guess you can get it as early as surf.

Spoiler:
You can find a wild scizor around the lvl 20s in the area before the Lake of Rage. The bug guy is looking for it too.
And, you can only get Scyther just before/after 3rd Badge and by 4th badge you can head over to Tojho Falls and collect the moon stone. Surf to the corner. It is there, I assure you. And about Scizor, if you do want one, a pokemon Lv20 in your party first, use repel. If you find a pokemon while it is on, Scizor WILL appear. That pokemon cannot be fainted or this won't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJK View Post
STUCK WITH A SCYTHER??? R U KIDDING? scyther is much better than scizor, both on speed and looks...
But not on attack. Lol. And it's a toss-up, keep as Scyther and have a double weakness to rock or evolve to Scizor and have an average rock damage, but double weakness to fire, thjat Scyther is also weak too. Scyther is too fragile with typing, but it is still probably better to have that Scizor. Unless you really like Scizor with one of Scyther's moves... But I'm sure no idiot would send out thier Scyther to a Golem or something anyway (if they had an option).

Last edited by choatix; June 4th, 2008 at 03:45 AM.
Old June 4th, 2008, 03:49 AM
Nisangorou
is on a mudkip mission

Choatix become Cho? OPHELIA become OPH. It annoys the hell out of me. x3
I solved the obedience problem - just get the next badge.
And no...I don't see a red arrow. ;_;

Old June 4th, 2008, 03:55 AM
choatix
Choatix

Quote:
Choatix become Cho? OPHELIA become OPH. It annoys the hell out of me. x3
I solved the obedience problem - just get the next badge.
And no...I don't see a red arrow. ;_;
I spose so, that would work. And you get more EXP! But I felt that was cheating. Like holding a lucky egg. CHEAT! Oh well. Thats why I went back. And the red arrow thing at the end of my name was just SO annoying every time I wanted to use repel or a potion. GWWAH!
Old June 4th, 2008, 03:57 AM
Hiroshi Uwishicarwei
Darkness...

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hiroshi Uwishicarwei
Oh, gawd... I forgot this was Shiny Gold beta 4... I kept thinking it was Beta 5... >_<

Old June 4th, 2008, 04:06 AM
Dr Gregory House

Quote:
Originally Posted by choatix View Post
I spose so, that would work. And you get more EXP! But I felt that was cheating. Like holding a lucky egg. CHEAT! Oh well. Thats why I went back. And the red arrow thing at the end of my name was just SO annoying every time I wanted to use repel or a potion. GWWAH!
yeh, well technically using a lucky egg isn't cheating, but it puts you to an advantage of those who don't. therefore, UNFAIR, but not cheating as such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAing_The_AfterShockWave View Post
Oh, gawd... I forgot this was Shiny Gold beta 4... I kept thinking it was Beta 5... >_<
THIS IS BETA 5.
Old June 4th, 2008, 04:39 AM
Nisangorou
is on a mudkip mission

Speaking of Exp...
What really annoys me about this game is definately the EXP doshes. If you power-train (like me) even the weaker pokemon throw up so much exp that I level from 25-26 in, like, three minutes. I suppose it's good for team trainers butnot for me, sorry. Next time, I think the exp pokemon give out should be cut a little. It makes the game too easy. C:

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links