The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old April 28th, 2008, 11:19 AM
cloudffvii2696
hmmm...What should I put here?

Can somebody help me with scripts, changing the titlescreen picture and name of game, and
getting a pikachu to follow the main character sprite?

I'm attempting to make a remake of yellow version using a fire red rom
Old April 28th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Jack of Bl♠des
Former goderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudffvii2696 View Post
Can somebody help me with scripts, changing the titlescreen picture and name of game, and

This is an A-Map tutorial, not a scripting tutorial. Scripting, and everything you asked for can be found in Simple Questions or the Document/Tutorial forums. Also, unless you have the ability and patience to script every tile in the game, having Pikachu follow you is impossible.
Old April 28th, 2008, 03:27 PM
NTA
Where?

Nature: Adamant
Quote:

there are other tutorials about that

Old April 28th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Beatenpollo
Beginning Trainer

this may be a little off topic but im very desperate right now.
when i try to compile a script, the log thing pops with the message: file not found of user cancel
can anyone help me?
im sure i installed pokeScript and pkmadv correctly and now im lost
Old April 28th, 2008, 04:18 PM
NTA
Where?

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatenpollo View Post
this may be a little off topic but im very desperate right now.
when i try to compile a script, the log thing pops with the message: file not found of user cancel
can anyone help me?
im sure i installed pokeScript and pkmadv correctly and now im lost
just pm me about it i dont have any thing else to do

Old April 29th, 2008, 07:29 AM
duke daniel3
Beginning Trainer

it wont work for me but still you........................ROOOL
Old April 29th, 2008, 01:11 PM
cloudffvii2696
hmmm...What should I put here?

I don't know how to get events events to work(like when oak stops you from going to tall grass)
and when i add in a trainer, how do i edit what they say when they see you, what pokemon they have, how much money they give you, what they say when you beat them(still in battle screen) and what they say if you talk to them after battle.
Old April 29th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Jack of Bl♠des
Former goderator

Quote:
I don't know how to get events events to work(like when oak stops you from going to tall grass)
and when i add in a trainer, how do i edit what they say when they see you, what pokemon they have, how much money they give you, what they say when you beat them(still in battle screen) and what they say if you talk to them after battle.
Well, in order to use an event tile, you'll have to make a script (which you can make with Pokescript). Scripts also can be used to edit what trainers can say, while PET can edit their pokemon (and I think money). Look in the toolbox thread for things such as those.
Old May 4th, 2008, 01:20 AM
Gamidron
Beginning Trainer

Hello everubody I have a question and I hope you guys can help me:
I want to make a complete new Island on the map, but how do I do that? Because I can replace maps for new ones, but can't make new ones on different positions on the map.
Please help me

anyone who is (very) good with advancemap, or just knows a lot about it, PLZ send me a message, I need help and i've a lot of questions

Last edited by Gamidron; May 4th, 2008 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 14th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Perfect_Palkia_10
Ruler of Space

Nature: Naive
Does anyone know how to put Fire Red tiles (Glitch Free) onto a Ruby rom. If anyone could help that would be much appreciated.
Old May 14th, 2008, 09:37 PM
the almighty Zel fan
<-- I drew these guys in paint

Originally Posted by CA_AB View Post
You know those ledges that you can't climb up but can jump down from on top? What do you mark them with in movement permission view?
pliz tell me u copied the bunny off of me! oh, god! thank u! never met someone who likes it before.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is bunny. Copy and paste bunny onto your sig to help him spread world domination.
MUAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA
Old May 23rd, 2008, 10:00 AM
Aiedail
Beginning Trainer

Ok, I need a lot of help with advance map, and no tutorials I can find seem to have the answer. Almost every rom that I download doesn't even come up as a GBA rom file, and the picture for it looks like some text document. When I try to load these into advance map, about 20 error messages pop up saying that the basic things in the pokemon games could not be found, and then says to retry with a diferent rom. Only once did one actually show up as a GBA rom file, but error messages still popped up. When I loaded that rom, all of the tiles were blurry red and purple tiles and everything else said that it could not be found. I have unzipped all of them, and it says that the program is not a valid win.zip file almost every time. Help please.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 11:33 AM
kingrocker

How do you use the offsets for the map connections, without warping, I have tried everything to do this. It freezes when I try to go from route two to the first gym town I made, Which was made from sevii isle eight, using a firered rom

Please Reply to my message

Last edited by kingrocker; May 23rd, 2008 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 24th, 2008, 06:11 AM
ℜªℳ
RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|

Nature: Relaxed
I'm having trouble with making my tiles work right. how do I make a tile invisible or transparent? not a sprite but a tile. sum1 help plz

Still spriting behind the curtains. I've tried splicing, I've tried scratching, I've tried pixel overs, I've tried revamps and am 90%+ awesome at it. Now its time for the devamps
Old May 26th, 2008, 02:03 PM
ProtoAlex2006
A Map finder

Nature: Bashful
Very quick question.
How do I remove events?
Old May 27th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Aiedail
Beginning Trainer

Ignore my very long question back there, for some reason I was trying to open an IPS file.

Also, when I create a new map, it has no wild pokemon data for it. Anyone know how to add wild pokemon data to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoAlex2006 View Post
Very quick question.
How do I remove events?
You go to the events section and click on the event you want to delete. On the very right there should be something that says "delete event". Click on that

Last edited by Aiedail; May 27th, 2008 at 08:34 AM.
Old May 28th, 2008, 10:59 AM
??????????
Beginning Trainer

Can someone help me? Whenever I use A-Text and I have to re point, I do, and when I play the hacked ROM, the lines run over each other where I had to re point. And when I add text to a new sprite on A-Map, when I play the ROM, ALL the lines run over each other. HELP!
Old May 30th, 2008, 08:08 AM
Aiedail
Beginning Trainer

When I make a new map, it doesn't show up anywhere on advance map the second time I open it. Does anyone know why.
Old June 4th, 2008, 07:58 PM
smballer23
Beginning Trainer

this may be a VERY newbie question, but how do u delete and add events on advance map? i know about scripting but how do i take out events i dont want?

Challenge me to a battle! Just PM me, and please battle anything you want EXCEPT legendaries. It's fine as long as there are not too many legendaries.....
Old June 6th, 2008, 02:36 AM
pretzel233
Beginning Trainer

when i click to change script... something like that ... it says no script editor defined. what does that mean? how to get an editor?????????????????????????????????????????????????
Old June 6th, 2008, 02:48 AM
The-Fox
Beginning Hacker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smballer23 View Post
this may be a VERY newbie question, but how do u delete and add events on advance map? i know about scripting but how do i take out events i dont want?
I would also be interested in hearing the answer to this question...?

Code:
Pokemon Lightning Yellow Version
A new hack that is coming soon!
Features:
- Red/Ash and Yellow as Heroes
- Prf. Ketchum is the new professor and champion, at the age of 25
- Start with pikachu
- 11 years since ash won the indigo league, now he wants you to carry on for him
- Gary's soon, Now your Rival
- New pokedex, and stylish new graphics
Case coming soon
Old June 6th, 2008, 10:02 PM
mattattack
Huh, Son?

Nature: Jolly
yeah I got a question for block editor on advance map: how do you replace tiles of tiles you have?
Old June 7th, 2008, 02:34 AM
Milnivri
Telefan ;)

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Milnivri
Quote:
Originally Posted by ?????????? View Post
Can someone help me? Whenever I use A-Text and I have to re point, I do, and when I play the hacked ROM, the lines run over each other where I had to re point. And when I add text to a new sprite on A-Map, when I play the ROM, ALL the lines run over each other. HELP!
When you put in the text, make sure to put \n to represent a new line, and \p to represent a new box. So you have to make sure the number of characters on a line fits (as well as with boxes).

For example:

Technology is incredible!\pYou can now store and recall items\nand POKéMON as data via PC.

Or something like that. (that was taken from the guy outside Oak's lab)

And also make sure that the byte space is not taken up when you make the text for the new sprite. You can use Free Space Finder to find an offset to insert the text. (Maybe I'm wrong, I don't use Advance Text, but XSE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretzel233 View Post
when i click to change script... something like that ... it says no script editor defined. what does that mean? how to get an editor?????????????????????????????????????????????????
Go to Settings > Choose script editor. Then browse to the exe file of the script editor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smballer23 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoAlex2006 View Post
Very quick question.
How do I remove events?
Click the Events tab, then under Amount of Events, change the number of a certain kind of event you want. Then click Change Events.

If you decrease any number, it will automatically delete those events which have a higher ID than the value in the thing. You can change their ID at the top of the right pane (just under the Combobox where you can select the type of event). So if you want to delete an event which has a smaller ID number than an event you want to keep, just change both of their ID numbers.

If you increase the number, events will automatically appear at the top left hand corner of the screen.

Last edited by Milnivri; June 7th, 2008 at 02:46 AM.
Old June 7th, 2008, 04:47 AM
v1tje
Beginning Trainer

How can i save a map. It best if i make a newe map and i saved it is removed. How can i save the map only.
Old June 7th, 2008, 01:32 PM
DracoKnight
Destroyer

Nature: Careful
Great job itman1234!!!!!! u did exellent!!! this really helped me!!!!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links