• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon NeoEras - The Tropical Adventure~!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Pokémon NeoEras - The Tropical Adventure!

threadintrouf1.png

About NeoErasWho are you? Haven't I seen this before?

Let's begin with an introduction! I am Krimm, formerly known as ~Manaphy~ and sometimes known as Kamon to certain people. I am the head director of The Generations Crew, a group of dedicated spriters and scripters from all over the world. We come together to create brand new games to become the next generation of fangame making!

Pokemon NeoEras in basics is a Pokemon fangame, as you can probably tell by now. However Pokemon NeoEras isn't your generic fangame, as we are working hard to present you a brand new generation, following all past trends aswell as offering a barage of new features. From new Pokemon to an expansive new region, NeoEras offers it all!

Now without further adieu~

porygonep2.gif
Being Created with RPG Maker XP
Using Poccil's Pokemon Essentials

The Generations CrewYou have a name...?

The Generations Crew is a group of dedicated people scattered around the world bent on creating quality games. At a time the crew had around 8 members however time has withered us down to only 2. If you're interested in joining, please contact me!

trozeiani148af8.gif
Krimm - Owner, Head Director, Mapper, Eventer
trozeiani212ak1.gif
Archayos - Owner, Head Scripter, Advisor
trozeiani196uh9.gif
Saiyu - Owner, Trainer Spriter, Advisor, Eevee Loveer <3
trozeiani277ub5.gif
Riceeman - Miscellaneous Head Spriter, OverWorld Artist

Features!NeoEras will have a variety of new features!

diskya6.png
Expansive and Original Region of Outa, full of scenic routes and hidden areas!

diskya6.png
Brand new Male/Female Heroes!

diskya6.png
An updated and more realistic Day/Night System!

diskya6.png
Random Weather set in all areas, don't be surprised
if it's raining in your hometown!

diskya6.png
Modified and Custom Tiles!

diskya6.png
135 Original and New Pokemon to catch and battle
with, all scattered throughout a new Region!

diskya6.png
Cool and New ways to capture old Legendaries, including
a barage of Pokemon from past games!

diskya6.png
8 New Gym Leaders of Outa, each of them a difficult challenge!

diskya6.png
The Scarlet Elite 4, which additionally will be far more
difficult than the others!

diskya6.png
And more!

A New Motive!A new game? A new story!

Pokemon NeoEras, of course, will feature a brand new Storyline. While our goal is to create a game that follows the trends of the official games, we are breaking apart this time by making the storyline more in-depth. I'm going to give you a rundown without ruining everything!

It all begins on a fateful day that your mother decides to move the family, you, your sister, and your grandma to the newly industrialized Region of Outa. Living in the bustling Oceanshore City in Iouso, your mother longs for a small town life, which leads you to moving to a small uneventful town in South Outa, known as Ophia Town.

Upon arriving you encounter Amy, a young and brilliant girl who is also the daughter of Professor Eliwood, a studier of Pokemon Habitats. Amy, being a girl loving to test those around her, quickly asks you to run down to Trivot Town, a small town south of Ophia Town, to receive a parcel. Upon receiving the parcel, she thanks you and asks you to do one more favor. The parcel is actually a backpack of her father's studies. She informs you that she was supposed to take three Pokemon on a walk to her father's lab on Route 1 but she didn't have enough time, so she asks you to take one along with her to her father's lab ( to get the job done quicker ). Trying to make a good impression, you walk the Pokemon to the Professor's lab, where your life changes forever...

eelattpixelbw1.png

New Reaches to Explore!Enter the Outa Region!

The Outa Region Map
outacq9.png

~~Southwest of Hoenn~~

Along with a new Story, NeoEras features a brand new region, Outa. Outa is a expansive and tropical region located just a few miles southwest of Dewford Town, Hoenn. Being new to industrialization, Outa is very scenic full of points of interests and of course a brand new League to challenge! For those who can't tell, Outa is loosely based off of the real life island in Japan, Okinawa. The name also partially derives from the actual island's name. Okinaway is very scenic, full of caves and beautiful beaches, much like Outa is.

*The Region Map is subject to change

Screenshots!What you guys really want...

openingif0.png
NewProf-1.png

MomoStarterSelect.png
Momo.png

BattleNew.png
FloressaGym.png

New.png
Storylines1.png

BattleBoxes.png
SlowpokeBeach.png

martdh2.png
insidebp8.png

The Media CenterThe technical stuff!

Overtime, I may release scattered demos and of course eventually will release the base edition of the game, Pokemon NeoEras. However not only will this area count as a download center, but also a place for other media such as videos and maybe even animations.

Maresia City Video Tour - A Quick Tour of the 3rd City in Outa~!

DonatingHow can I help?

Everyone is welcome to contribute their opinions and ideas to help Pokemon NeoEras grow!

Now how can you help? Various ways of course! We are completely open to Sprite Donations! While we are still willing to accept new Pokemon, there aren't that many empty spots left in our PokeDex, so you'll have to really impress to get it in. And what kind of thread would this be without a spriting tutorial to get you guys interested? Below you can find a complete spiting tutorial written by Nashia, an Ex-Generations Crew member and previous spriter for NeoEras. Show us your sprites!

Spoiler:

Now if we don't want a lot of New Pokemon, what do we want? Sprites of older Pokemon! Make your own custom poses! Hey, we're even looking for shinies which are available in our game! Also, instead of New Pokemon, we are also looking to add Prevos and Evos of older Pokemon to our game.

That's not all we're willing to accept! NeoEras is also welcome to small areas that can add to and make gameplay that much more interesting! Keep in mind, small areas, not entire cities or routes. Think unique cool places, such as underground sewers, hidden houses, secret meadows, etc.

If you'd like to contribute an area, use the small form below:

Type of Area: Obvious
Area Name: Give us something cool and unique!
Purpose: What's its point of being in the game?

We hope you all donate to improve NeoEras! And of course, we will give credit! :3

Credits~!A thanks to the people who deserve it!

The Generation Crew
Everyone on the team are great and amazing contributors who basically fuel the game. Without them, none of this would be here!

Archayos
Being my scripter and putting up with my endless 'what's?' XD And of course I'm thankful for the endless favors he's done for me such as the title screen, fogs for areas that he likes to name after Mimi from Digimon, etc. I truly can't even begin to describe everything he's done for me.

Poccil!
A "What?" kind of guy. I mean seriously, what kind of person makes something that benefits humanity (or me lol)? I truly owe him A LOT for NeoEras wouldn't be possible without his amazing starter kit.

Kyledove
Having amazing tiles XD Thanks to him for the scattered tiles of his that I am using, most notably picket signs and various other things I'm forgetting to mention. Thanks!

Hiroshi Sotomura, Neo-Dragon, Archayos, Waudby, Wichu, OmegaGroudon, and Zel
For giving me endless inspiration to continue the project and enhance everything I have. I love all of your projects/hacks, so keep up the good work! : D

Don Patch & PHO
Once more, seriously amazing tiles. Thankfully he allows people to use his tiles, and by this I'm crediting him and PHO for the tiles.

Atomic Reactor
Thanks a ton to him for contributing his Door Animations to the project! Now less of our doors will have lame place-holder doors! Thanks Atomic Reactor! :3

Clonex25
Thanks for solving my Music problem! Clonex25 has remixed a lot of the great G/S/C tunes and has allowed us to use them :3 Thanks again Clonex!

Asuran
A few scattered tiles :3 thanks man!

StarterArt.png

Support!Some Cool stuff for you guys to show support~!

HTML:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=141038][IMG]http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk308/Archayos/PokemonNeoErasUserbar.png[/IMG][/url]

HTML:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=141038][IMG]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/4263/neoerasbezereenct3.png[/IMG][/url]

HTML:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=141038][IMG]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/4581/neoerashinekogr2.png[/IMG][/url]

HTML:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=141038][IMG]http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/6839/neoerasamesauret7.png[/IMG][/url]

Oh, here's something important: NeoEras and The Cerulean Sky
have started a resource sharing system. Hence, if you see that some resources/scripts are the same,
there's no need to mention that. Thank you.

All Custom Graphics, Custom Pokemon, Custom Sprites, Ideas, etc.
are Copyright to the Generations Crew and Myself. Do not use or steal them in
anyway without express permission from the creator.

Last edited:

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
Years
Wow its back finaly. That really great. I love the screens and those tiles you're using its awesome. Keep up the good work!

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Yeah finally get approved! Looking good. Can't wait to see more screenshot!

Archayos

THEY KILLED THE PURPLE T_T
Years
Finally. o_o; Took you more than a long while Pumpky! >_<;

Either way... Why haven't I seen these screenshots before?! I can't believe you were hiding so much from me... Anyway, about the blue pathways on the Region Map, are those waterways or what? Or do you have to use surf to get through? I'm guessing the latter.

Lookin' good like always, although I'm too sleepy right now to actually begin critiquing the storyline. Get prepared for that in my next post! :3

-----

Wow nice. Also hmm nice pun with the outa thing. Its the outa region of hoenn right?

Outa Region... of... Hoenn? o.O; No, it's a completely new region, not a... region of a region or something. It's SOUTH of Hoenn, if that's what you mean.

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Wow o_o I'm surprised it got approved already. But then again, I guess I'm not lol.

Finally. o_o; Took you more than a long while Pumpky! >_<;

Either way... Why haven't I seen these screenshots before?! I can't believe you were hiding so much from me... Anyway, about the blue pathways on the Region Map, are those waterways or what? Or do you have to use surf to get through? I'm guessing the latter.

Lookin' good like always, although I'm too sleepy right now to actually begin critiquing the storyline. Get prepared for that in my next post! :3

:3 Because I've literally got a folder that says "Hide from Twoie" lool jk jk.

I can't exactly see much to critique on the story XD Seeing as how, that's only the introduction. But I guess you could find somethings heh *pokes Twoie*

Anyway, thanks guys for the comments ^_^ They really made my morning~

I'm still debating about with what to update next with..hmm. Anyway, soon enough I'll be opening donations. Yes, you can literally donate things through this thread! From generic ideas, to Pokemon, whatever hits your head! Though I'm only going to open that with my next update which may be sometime next week or if it's something good then possibly next Friday...

Oh, and yes, the blue routes are surf routes. Which by the way everyone, the Outa map is almost destined to be changed so it will look right in game. Plus a few of the towns and cities I've mapped already don't fit with their size according to the map, so yeah xP

*jumps off*

Last edited:

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
Looking good! I like the tropical feel of it, and how it's all nicely done with a nice new character.

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
That's really cool!!! Pecha Forest makes the game feel much more realistic. The PokeMart also gives you that "new feel", really cool. The only thing I'd like to see is some more custom tiles.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Ah damn, I wrote out a nice post to ya, but the pokecommunity gave me an error as it posted :(. I'll try recap what I said lol.

"Glad to see this game is back, I really liked it when I first saw it. Thanks for saying I inspire you, means alot to me! Cheers.
I laughed when I saw the flat screen TV on the wall in the hero's house lol. Neat. The fog adds a nice touch to the forest map (as do the clouds in your sig.). Is that part of the random weather?
Anyways, looks good, sounds good, so I wish the G. Crew akk the best with this one!"

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Thanks guys! ; D I really appreciate the comments!

@ DaSpirit: Heh, thanks! The custom tiles are actually a work in progress at the moment XD This past month of pre-working has been mostly focused on getting the outline and feel for the game completed.

@ Neo-Dragon: I hate that! lool. Now I don't feel like such an idiot for saving my thread information twice before sending it to Avatar to be approved lol. And thanks for your support ^_^

Thread ModificationJune 7th, 08

Anyway, this isn't exactly an Update, but I've modified the main topic with an Elatt Pixel Art at the bottom of the Storyline Section (cuddles Elatt Picture) and I've added the Donations Section for anyone who's interested in helping. It features a Spriting Tutorial made by an ex-Generation Crew Member. And yes, that's a new Pokemon lol. AND YES, I'm willing to add member-donated areas to the game! So get to work people! lol.

Feel free to post your works/ideas in the thread~ :D

Last edited:

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Ah. Just saw the credit part ( Miss it yesterday ), my name is in it! Thanks for putting me as the inspiritor. Well, the game looks good as well, I'll try to make some sprite for you.

fudgy

so i herd you liek mudkipz?
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010
may you supply me with your tile sets please?

→ clocks everywhere →
Years

Post-Update News~!June 7th, 08

Alright, the thread is doing incredibly well which is slightly surprising to me. But of course, this is very good XD In any case, I've decided to give you guys a little bit to look forward to.

I've officially began preparing for the first update which is going to be pretty neat, and hopefully all of you will like it. However, I will only release the first update when this topic reaches 27 Replies in total. Only 27, and once you reach 27 replies I will reveal the cool update! : D

But of course to put some more pressure on you guys to make it there, I've decided to reveal a shadow of a mysterious new Pokemon found in the Outa Region! If you can guess it correct (which I doubt is possible), I'll give you something special~!

whobq3.png

On another note, anyone who donates Area ideas or custom Pokemon Sprites and get accepted will be given an exclusive Trainer Cameo in the game ^_^

Edit to Update: By the way everyone~! Saiyu, a former Generations Crew members has been added to the listings! She's not only a really creative person, but she's also my friend outside of the internet! :3 Welcome her! (she may be joining PC soon...)

Until 27 Replies,
Krimmsy~

PS: Here's something to wonder about...
sailinghl8.png

Last edited:

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Let me guess. Is it something like bug/flying type pokemon? Its blur, hard to guess.
Can't wait till 40 post!

Archayos

Years
Your story is all wrong! You've just given out an introduction to it, with no hints to the plot whatsoever. THAT IS JUST UNFAIR! I wanted to critique the story, but there's nothing to critique! *raises fist*

Anyway, looks like you're using my system of updating. O: I'd have objected, but it's OK since I'm the owner too. But what OG's saying is correct; don't blur out the images! It becomes tougher to guess them out that way! I'm guessing it's Flying and... um, it's red in color.

Saiyu

♥ Eevee Insanity ♥
Years
Hey guys : D

Enter Saiyu! The Newest Member of the Generations Crew~!

lol jk. I felt a Pokemon Entry. Although I can't do much, for some reason Krimm keeps me around. I guess I'm just the comedy relief character. But I still hope I can help.

I can't wait to get to know all of you guys!

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
That is awesome man, though there isn't much to critique as Archayos said... and that blur.... is it.... a.... bat-thing-sort-of?

And if you are looking for other members for NeoEras I would be willing to help.

Good job Krimm!

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
*falls over*

40 was a bit much. I've decided to hold off on this larger update, so I'm going to rescale the replies to 27. Once we reach 27 Replies I'll have the next update! :3

Archayos

Years
27?! D: That's a lot too. You should be ashamed, keeping your loyal fans waiting! (look who's talking...) Also, it seems as if you've totally ignored my comment on your storyline. You need to reveal more! >=|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back