• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Indexing Sprites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kronos1000

Fear my nonhacked Lv100 Deoxys
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2011
Please help me, I indexed a Turtwig sprite and it looks great if I say so myself (Yes this is Emerald so I edited the animation too):

pokemonemerald2hn9.png

Although its backsprite is messed up and yes, I did use the shiny backsprite:

pokemonemeraldpi7.png

Is there a way to fix it without having to dit it all by hand, that'll take time and the result will suck. :(

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2011
I resize it to 64 by 64, make it 16 color mode, and make a transparent background.
I save it as a png, bitmap 16 color but when i try to import the image to unzl gba it says it is not indexed. Do i need to save it as a gif image bor something or do i need to decrease the size to 10kb or less for it to be indexed?

fleek

Fleekinator
Years
sorry if I revived this, but I found it in a search. I'm trying to index a sprite I drew in Macromedia Flash, then opened it in Paint, then saved it as a PNG and opened it in Ifranview. After that I followed the steps, and it STILL says the image isn't indexed.

What did I do wrong?

clixier

"Pokemon Aquaragon Creator"
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2010
Thanks to this thread it rlly helpme alot..

clixier

"Pokemon Aquaragon Creator"
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2010
w00t....why does it say Sprite not indexed?
is there a problem?

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2011
I do everything in this tutorial and then I press Write To Rom, I get this error...
"Compressed size is: 160. Which is to big. Aborting"
What is wrong?

Edit:
The guy above me posted 1 min before me and he has the same problem.
Can someone help?

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
Years
i did all the steps, and it says "Compressed size is 2AC: Too big. Aborting...." Also, when I import the sprite, it has a bunch of weird colors in the palette, although it still has the correct colors on the top row.

weird.. 3 of the same problems in a row

timson733333

Woah.
Years
I don't know about you guys, because it worked for me.

edit: It only works on the front sprites. The back sprites get aborted.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2018
Please help me, I indexed a Turtwig sprite and it looks great if I say so myself (Yes this is Emerald so I edited the animation too):

Although its backsprite is messed up and yes, I did use the shiny backsprite:

Is there a way to fix it without having to dit it all by hand, that'll take time and the result will suck. :(

The colors in front sprite do not match the colrs in the shiny sprite, so you have to reorder the pallete of shiny sprite to match exactly the colors in the front sprite.

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2016
thanks=] questuon... when im insert a sprit, the pallets are not in the right order... how can i change it? (without alot of troubleXD )

Mario_Bones

Lazuli Version Creator
Years
Um... What do you do if it says the sprite is too big?
I tried redirecting to free space, but then when I chose that Pokemon in the game, it reset...

Dratii

Working on something new...
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
I did all of the steps but when I load up my game and find the pokemon it is just a blue screen and freezes.

jakeyboy22

Newbie Pokemon Hacker
Years
Nic tut but i was trying to put piplup in my scorching fire and get rid of spinda but i try to change the backround the sme colour but it just turns black or white and i cant see the piplup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back