• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-aveon

IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
does anybody know how to get string shot to work? ruby (axve)

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
thanx, but, ive looked in a clean rom already for it and i just cant find it. do you know where it is in unlz.gba, and what is the speed fell text?
on unlz.gba, it shows that im missing 194 on my hacked rom is there anyway to insert it?
well, keep looking. I don't know it and don't think noone has it written down.
And the speed fell text is "X's Y Z" where X is the rival pokemon, Y is attack, defense... and Z is rose/fell/sharply rose/sharply fell, but if you haven't edited battle texts it isn't it.

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2008
Hi!
Well, first, Can anyone tell me how to edit the sprite and data of the world map of gold/silver?
please, show me a tutorial o explain very well so i can understand it.
Secondly ( i have windows XP) I cant use pokemon HFD editor, the one who told me that i had
to use the arrows to load my rom was wrong, it doesnt work.
And finally, can someone tell me if i can edit the pokemon sprites (in battles) of pokemon red and blue?

Thanks

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
I use GBcolorizer for my gold spriting. Is there a good substitute for this? If not then is it possible to import sprites as you can do with Hackmew and Xeon's OW?

Hat?

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2008
What program do you use to edit/add/change battle sprites of Pokémon or the Professor at the beginning of Pokémon Gold?

AGIXP -- see the tool box

Hi!
Well, first, Can anyone tell me how to edit the sprite and data of the world map of gold/silver?
Secondly ( i have windows XP) I cant use pokemon HFD editor, the one who told me that i had
And finally, can someone tell me if i can edit the pokemon sprites (in battles) of pokemon red and blue?

Thanks

you just navigate to the Gold ROM with the arrow keys, press Enter, it has instructions

your second question: not easily, not with a tool that does alot of the work for you

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2008
Man, dont answer like that ok?
I said that using the arrows dont work for me, do you understand?
And i know how to use HEX well, I know that I have to use that to edit the map, Dont
talk to me thinking that im an stupid ok? The thing i dont know is how i edit that.

I repeat my questions:

Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2012
help me search?

can anyone help me search of a pokemon diamond/pearl patch that allows you to capture any pokemon in a certain area of grass? like lets say.. starter pokemon piplup, you cant usually capture that anywhere but the patch allows you to capture it somewhere. I remember i came across it once but then i was to lazy to patch my ds and now i wanna use it and i cant find it.

Years
Man, dont answer like that ok?
I said that using the arrows dont work for me, do you understand?
And i know how to use HEX well, I know that I have to use that to edit the map, Dont
talk to me thinking that im an stupid ok? The thing i dont know is how i edit that.

I repeat my questions:
First of all, even if something doesn't work, don't be ungrateful. People have taken their time to answer your questions. Remember, they don't have to. And also, try to remember, people don't know what you're capable of, so most answers are written in a simple way so that anyone can understand.
Now answers. 1) Ummm... I'm not too sure if their's a tutorial. I know it's uncompressed, so you should be able to find the tiles in the tile viewer in VBA and search for the order that the tiles appear in. Hopefully that makes sense.
2) Don't know, I'm not sure.
3) I wrote a short tutorial on how to do it. It's in the documents and tutorials section here at PC.

spenceroone3

<he eats lots of burgers.
Years
Um... I have an embarrassing problem. I know how to script, but.. ..This stupid talking script won't work!

#org $Sadguy
lock
faceplayer
message $imsad
$imsad 1 = Those other kids call me fat.../p.../pWill they ever stop?
boxset 6
release
end

his unknown variable is 03

When you talk to him, it makes no sound at all.. Just nothing happens.
The game doesn't freeze or anything. Nothing happens.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Um... I have an embarrassing problem. I know how to script, but.. ..This stupid talking script won't work!

his unknown variable is 03

When you talk to him, it makes no sound at all.. Just nothing happens.
The game doesn't freeze or anything. Nothing happens.
The unknown variable dosn't matter thats only for scripts. Try the script below out.
Code:
#org $Sadguy
lock
faceplayer
message $imsad
boxset 6
release
end

#org $imsad
= Those other kids call me fat...[B]\p[/B]...[B]\p[/B]Will they ever stop?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
spenceroone...
please keep your scripting questions to the Script Help thread in the Scrapbox.

refer to the script workshop in the scrapbox as Blazichu stated in the previous page.

anyways, try this one...
Code:
#org $Sadguy
lock
faceplayer
message $imsad
boxset 6
release
end

#org $imsad
$imsad 1 = Those other kids call me fat.../p.../pWill they ever stop?

spenceroone3

<he eats lots of burgers.
Years
Piece of beeeeeep... No wonder none of my scripts have been working! I had this problem last year to, and sice I haven't hacked for a while I didn't remember this. Thank you!

EDIT: Sorry but I haven't been here for 8 months so I didn't know that there was a scripting thread.

Last edited:

X-aveon

IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
well, keep looking. I don't know it and don't think noone has it written down.
And the speed fell text is "X's Y Z" where X is the rival pokemon, Y is attack, defense... and Z is rose/fell/sharply rose/sharply fell, but if you haven't edited battle texts it isn't it.

well then where do i put the speed text? and whenever i use lunar ips, because my rom died....:(,(to recover it), it always says: Youre modified file has changes at or beyond the 16 MB mark. The Ips format is unable to address those offsets. The generated patch file will only contain changes below that point. plz help.

ℜªℳ

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
I just started hacking gold a while ago as a mapper and their tiles are a hassle for me. I use goldmap and would like if someone can help me find a tutorial. Is there away to change the tileset like its possible with Amap? Also what, if any, tools can I use to script for g/s/c and does anyone have the table for Gold or crystal? I also can't seem to find Crysmap anywhere after searching google and its not in the scrapbox. Where can I get one?

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
In fire red,how do you change the pokemon that comes out of prof.oaks pokeball in the beggining?

Hat?

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2008
I just started hacking gold a while ago as a mapper and their tiles are a hassle for me. I use goldmap and would like if someone can help me find a tutorial. Is there away to change the tileset like its possible with Amap? Also what, if any, tools can I use to script for g/s/c and does anyone have the table for Gold or crystal? I also can't seem to find Crysmap anywhere after searching google and its not in the scrapbox. Where can I get one?

If you want to edit the tilesets, just use Tile Layer Pro, Cartmic wrote a tutorial to show its basic usage in the docs section.

For scripting you can only use a hex editor for now.

Presea's Tools has CrysMap.

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
Years
Are there any guides on how to add new items or replace junk ones? I understand repointing the name, but how do you say, classify what kind of item it is (ball, key item...) and such?

ℜªℳ

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
If you want to edit the tilesets, just use Tile Layer Pro, Cartmic wrote a tutorial to show its basic usage in the docs section.

For scripting you can only use a hex editor for now.

Presea's Tools has CrysMap.

Thanx but what hex editor would you mostly recommend since their's a variety and I don't know what to pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back