• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokémon: Odyssey

What do you think to thi sgame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waudby

hmm it should be intresting we don't want it too boring like the regular pokemon games were you have to wait to get a pokemon how about lures you know lures to attract water pokemon diffrent types of lures attract diffrent types of water pokemon like a pokeball lure attracts a whiscash or barboach how about that

Well I was thinking about including a fishing mini game, just like the bug catching contest but slightly different.

So if people can come up with ideas as to how I could make them different I will add it in.

The idea may also go forward to the actual in game fishing as well.

Some one kept asking for it with a green font, so I whipped up a green font, what do people think;

screenshot200806200819030307.png

Last edited:

simplynaruto

Banned
Years
OOH waudby much better. Are you almost finished though? I think you might need to up the count to 400 and then release the demo. Nah lol kiddin 350 is what I wanna see. Oh and fishin. Have a shop with fishing lures and make certain pokemon attracted to that lure. And rods make many rods to have different attributes. Like make it a real rpg with the 100 menu and 100 styles and 100 of everything.

Waudby

I would like to do that. But I also want to keep it nice and simple. I don't want to make everything more complex lol.

But I will add in the different types of rod etc, they wont change the pokemon you can catch, they will just change how well you can catch, a bit like in real life, having a better rod, doesn't != better fish.

I will also need to really crackdown on my learning to sprite lol. If I want to make a tackle shop.

D R E ™

Goku's back oh yeh!
Years
Well I was thinking about including a fishing mini game, just like the bug catching contest but slightly different.

So if people can come up with ideas as to how I could make them different I will add it in.

The idea may also go forward to the actual in game fishing as well.

Some one kept asking for it with a green font, so I whipped up a green font, what do people think;

screenshot200806200819030307.png

Good job, this one turned out great,

but I still think you should change the text box to green.

Any ways this is my idea for the fishing:

Maybe when you get a catch, numbers appear at random that you have press,

And the faster you punch in the keys the stronger and faster you reel in the Pokemon.

Its just an idea.

Edit: Maybe the text box should look like this:

waudby.PNG

Last edited:

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
Years
hey thats an intresting idea like the faster you punch in the keys the stronger pokemon u get

ryushin5

Years
maybe u can do it like a fishing game u know u have to reel them yourselfs and will there be a diffrent type of pokeball for the fishing contest

Waudby

I've been busy all day.

I had an idea for the fishing which incorporates the numbers idea, each turn will require 3 key presses depending on how quickly you press them, it reels the fish in, and then once you've reeled it in far enough you select net and catch it.

ryushin5

Years
hmmm good idea how are you going to make the contest look you know like how you made the bug catching contest first person view how are you going to make the fishing contest look oh and for font color on the fishing contest i suggest you use blue

Last edited:

D R E ™

Goku's back oh yeh!
Years

Waudby

The fishing game will start being scripted tomorrow so expect screens at some point during the day.

The way it will work is a suprise at the moment, but let me just say, you need to have quick fingers to really excel at it.

Any ideas at what it could be?

ryushin5

Years
i'm thinking that you have a short amount of time to press certain buttons to reel in the pokemon

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I'm guessing u have to press the left and right arrow keys as fast as u can! :P
GL! ^^

D R E ™

Goku's back oh yeh!
Years
I'm guessing u have to press the left and right arrow keys as fast as u can! :P
GL! ^^

I don't think so because that seems too basic for this mini game.

I know Waudby wants to keep things simple but, not in that way.

Any screenies of the new mini game Waudby?

fudgy

so i herd you liek mudkipz?
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010
may you point how these tile sets, i think thery fro diamond and pearl, not sure cause i dnt have those :(
but may you also point out a starter kit like this (diamond and pearl) i have pocills starter, and stuff, but i want tile sets and ows, :( , but really good game cant wait to download!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
This game isn't made with a starter kit, and the tilesets are by Kyledove (I think).

Not really the place to ask those kinds of questions...

Waudby

Okay I'm now scripting the fishing contest.

But I'm looking for some gamer input, I'm making the player have a little customization when it comes to these contests, and the player can choose to use different bit etc.

So what I want is names of different types of bait that you guys would like to see in the game.

Just post your suggestions and i'll put in the ones I like.

EDIT:

Right I changed the windowstyle a bit, got rid of the annoying bulge lol.

I've tested the black font out, I'm not sure if it looks better or worse than with the green font.

So, what do you guys think?

Before the font change:
screenshot200806231239270599.png

After the font change:
screenshot200806231250300842.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back