The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

View Poll Results: Did you like this preview?
Yes 9 69.23%
No 4 30.77%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 9th, 2008 (12:39 PM).
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

I thought there'd be a Croagunk episode in Pastoria, what with the shrine in the Pokemart and everything.

(I got the 100th post in this thread! How cool haha)
Old May 14th, 2008 (09:38 AM).
Akio123
Sadness forever...

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Akio123 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Akio123 Send a message via Yahoo to Akio123 Send a message via Skype™ to Akio123
Source: some scan

DP83: Nomose Gym! VS Maximum Mask!!
Pastoria Gym! VS Crasher Wake!!

air date: 19 June
Old June 9th, 2008 (09:05 AM). Edited June 9th, 2008 by STEELIXMANIAC.
STEELIXMANIAC
Hatena de Wasshoi!

Some new titles... and they're airing as a one-hour special. Something which I suspected would happen and did.

Source: Pokeani (err, not really, just a post on the forums, but...), Serebii

Air date: 3rd July 2008

DP 84: The Gluttonous Swinub at Mr. Backlot's!

DP 85: Gligar! Wings of Frienship!!

And as a side-note here's the summaries...

DP 84: A Swinub constantly shows up at Mr. Backlot's (the garden I guess) and eats away all the Poffins. Dawn tries to stop it by making her own Poffins for the Swinub.

DP 85: Ash continues his training with Gligar, but finds out it has become a little fearful of battles since the battle against Paul. The group meets Gary at Lake Valor again, and Ash asks Gary to help him solve the problem with Gligar. After many failed attempts to have Gligar fight properly again, Gary takes out a certain item to banish its fear...
...*cries* Where's the B button!?
This quote... It is made of utter win.
Old June 9th, 2008 (09:51 AM).
Akio123
Sadness forever...

Send a message via AIM to Akio123 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Akio123 Send a message via Yahoo to Akio123 Send a message via Skype™ to Akio123
Ugh you beat me to the posting of the new titles*hits with pokeball* Darn you Steelmaniac! DARN YOU! XD.

Anyway, finally Gligar will probably evolve and Swinub capture. And what's more its an hour long special to boot.^^

Edit: Sadly Swinub is jsut an expy of Munchlax...
Old June 9th, 2008 (12:22 PM).
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

If they're at Mr Backlot's, they're going back to Hearthome? Oh yeah, I was getting mixed up with the dub. Wait, that's kind of messed up. They're at the Pastoria gym then go to Mr Backlot's (they went there in the Luxray episode, right?) then jump to Lake Valor? Weird. So I suppose it's not going to be a surprise who gets the Swinub.

Wow! Gary again! Hurrah! 2nd time meeting...that's almost as many times Gary met up with Ash back in Kanto haha. They met 4 times before the league in Kanto, the Diglett episode, the fossil episode, 7th gym and at Oak's lab when he got 8 badges. It really shows how often Paul meets up in comparison.

But I don't know, how would evolving Gligar make it lose its fear? :/ Oh well, it's Pokemon.
Old June 9th, 2008 (12:28 PM).
Akio123
Sadness forever...

Well it's fear is losing all the time and losing to Gliscor again. Not to mention so far most pokemon so far that evolve gain some more cofidence or did you forget how CHarizard used to be? XD
Old June 9th, 2008 (12:45 PM).
STEELIXMANIAC
Hatena de Wasshoi!

One thing's for sure... Paul is synonymous with the word "fear" because this isn't the first time Ash's Pokémon has developed a fear due to him and his Pokémon.

Although, given Gligar's young age (proven in DP 81), it's easy to see why it developed that fear of battles. Presumably though, Chimchar's the same way.

I still can't wait for 85 though, because of the character development we'll be seeing in it. =D
Old June 9th, 2008 (01:23 PM).
Akio123
Sadness forever...

It's DP84 for me, also it makes me think is Gligar a girl or it is a boy that's young? I keep wondering. In anycase I just wanna see Munchlax 2.0.
Old June 10th, 2008 (10:09 AM).
STEELIXMANIAC
Hatena de Wasshoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akio123 View Post
It's DP84 for me, also it makes me think is Gligar a girl or it is a boy that's young? I keep wondering. In anycase I just wanna see Munchlax 2.0.
Well, I am also looking forward to DP 84 myself, and with regards to Gligar's gender... Me and my friend actually went through the possible evidence of its gender and guess what? Every single piece of evidence pointed to it being female, but then again, it's quite young and I don't dare make any clear assumptions at the moment. However, many people think it's female.
Old June 11th, 2008 (06:06 AM).
Hero
Beginning Trainer

Sweet the DP 85 is going to be good. We get to see Gary again pulse Gilgar evolves what more could you ask for. Makes me wonder will Gary have a new Sinnoh Pokemon on his Team. For DP 84 I think they could have been a lot more creative then just putting the plot on how May caught Munchlax into an Ep similar to Dawn.

*Both Made by Ph3nom*

Old June 13th, 2008 (03:44 PM).
processr
Community Supporter Tier 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELIXMANIAC View Post
Well, I am also looking forward to DP 84 myself, and with regards to Gligar's gender... Me and my friend actually went through the possible evidence of its gender and guess what? Every single piece of evidence pointed to it being female, but then again, it's quite young and I don't dare make any clear assumptions at the moment. However, many people think it's female.
^_^;;;; I feel priveleged. Hi, by the way.

I'm looking forward to 84 & 85, and especially to seeing Gligar evolve. Though I'm left pondering how Ash and Co. are going to get back to Lake Valor after going to Backlot's. Either 84 will be the result of some day trip (perhaps organised by Wake?), if you will, or for 85 we see the return of Gary's convertible. XD
Old June 14th, 2008 (08:50 AM).
STEELIXMANIAC
Hatena de Wasshoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mageslayer99 View Post
^_^;;;; I feel priveleged. Hi, by the way.

I'm looking forward to 84 & 85, and especially to seeing Gligar evolve. Though I'm left pondering how Ash and Co. are going to get back to Lake Valor after going to Backlot's. Either 84 will be the result of some day trip (perhaps organised by Wake?), if you will, or for 85 we see the return of Gary's convertible. XD
Glad you feel privileged (you typephailed, btw *bricked*). XD

I'm also kind of stumped on why they're heading back to Lake Valor because I have DP 86's title here...

"Hearthome Collection! The Road to Becoming a Pokémon Stylist!!"

...Which would then mean they'll get from Lake Valor all the way to Hearthome in an episode's time.

And by the way, Mage... What about Gary's personal cheer squad? XD
Old June 24th, 2008 (10:58 AM).
Akio123
Sadness forever...

DP087: The Psyduck Roadblock!
Roomaji: Koduck no toosenbo!
Airdate: July 24th, 2008
Been Confirmed on Serebii.
Old June 24th, 2008 (11:49 AM).
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Wow, they're really jumping around. Hopefully, this means Cynthia will be in another episode. I wonder if Cianwood City will get a mention? I can't remember if the anime had a potion shop there.
Old June 25th, 2008 (03:15 AM).
STEELIXMANIAC
Hatena de Wasshoi!

A heads up guys... No episode on the 17th or the 31st. The former due to the Movie 11 premiere and the latter due to a Naruto one-hour special.

Gosh, darn breaks.
Old June 25th, 2008 (05:30 AM).
♫♪♫♥Azurill♥♫♪♫
one in a million

Veilstone Gym! Lucario VS. Buizel!

It's pretty obvius what this episode's gonna be about.

banner and avatar by Renyui
Old June 25th, 2008 (07:55 AM).
Akio123
Sadness forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♫♪♫♥Azurill♥♫♪♫ View Post
Veilstone Gym! Lucario VS. Buizel!

It's pretty obvius what this episode's gonna be about.
That episode happened sooooo long ago it's about to happen soon in the US.
Old June 27th, 2008 (03:43 AM).
Le Krome
:^)

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akio123 View Post
That episode happened sooooo long ago it's about to happen soon in the US.
Yeah, and for the rest of you, if you didn't know the next episode is The Psyduck Roadblock!
EDIT: Oooh sorry I just speed read and didn't see like 3 posts above me... He He
Old June 29th, 2008 (03:50 PM).
Akio123
Sadness forever...

Yes, I know its a bit early but Sushi posted this:
A summary was actually revealed several days ago but I didn't want to post it without knowing where it actually came from (dunno if somebody else posted it, but I think not). Now TV Tokyo has revealed a very similar one, so here you go:

Ash and his friends have returned to Hearthome City to challenge the local Gym Leader who had been absent during their last visit. However, they hear that the Gym Leader is still gone, making Ash unable to have his Gym Battle.
The group meets an Idol Pokémon Stylist called Paris (don't ask) and her Lopunny. Upon seeing Dawn's Buneary, the woman suggests her to enter the so-called "Pokémon Collection", a famous fashion show...

Voice Actors
*Enta from the Tag Battle Tournament: Kenta Miyake
*Paris: Hitomi Nabatame
*Hoshino: Sayuri
*Chouko: Ryouko Shintani
Yes Lopunny's trainer...is a Paris Hilton Reference. Although I'm happy about this because Buneary get's some screentime...I kinda wish the trainer wasn't a Paris Hilton reference...Also this would make what three American Pop Culture references in terms of celebrities?
Old June 30th, 2008 (01:47 AM).
STEELIXMANIAC
Hatena de Wasshoi!

BUNEARY SCREENTIME! YAY!

Hmm, the episode plot's not too bad, though I think they could have done better. If anyone wants to know as well, the Animation Director for this episode is Masaaki Iwane.
Old June 30th, 2008 (07:48 AM).
solopy567
Giga....Drill....BREAKER! !!!!

Im not watching this episode...Paris Hilton is in it..

RUN!!

And i bet Buneary evolves this time
Old June 30th, 2008 (10:21 AM).
GKS
Retired Hacker

Nature: Calm
I have some catching up to do in the battle deminsion.
Old June 30th, 2008 (12:15 PM).
Akio123
Sadness forever...

Well this is the newest Japanese episode we are talking about.
Old June 30th, 2008 (03:07 PM).
Le Krome
:^)

Nature: Lonely
Well I would get an arceus to KILL the leader, I mean he beat the other four gyms! What else? They can't move on, can they? And the next episode is psyduck roadblock... Well they probably will come back, then... Kinda gay.. Should've had the gym battle, instead of 2 battles in between the movies...
Old June 30th, 2008 (04:18 PM). Edited July 10th, 2008 by Akio123.
Akio123
Sadness forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRkid View Post
Well I would get an arceus to KILL the leader, I mean he beat the other four gyms! What else? They can't move on, can they? And the next episode is psyduck roadblock... Well they probably will come back, then... Kinda gay.. Should've had the gym battle, instead of 2 battles in between the movies...
Out of curiosity...what are you even talking about? You talk about random killings...not the episode.

EDIT:DP088: The Pokémon Summer School Begins!
Airdate: August 7th, 2008

Ash and his friends decide to enter a summer school program which lasts for one week, taking place near Mt. Coronet. Professor Rowan and Conway (Tag Battle Tournament) make a re-appearance.

Newtype summary is also up:
Ash and his friends have decided to participate in a Pokémon summer school. At this event, many trainers gather and spend time together for one week while learning various things about Pokémon. The trainers' first task is to choose a random Pokeball, raise/train the Pokémon contained and battle with it.

An Awesome episode with COnway...on my birthday!^^

Sponsored Links