The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

View Poll Results: Favourite Female "Side Kick"
Misty 72 50.70%
May 34 23.94%
Dawn 30 21.13%
PB Smells xD 6 4.23%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 26th, 2008, 10:40 PM
sirboulevard
Master Trainer/Coordinator

Nature: Rash
She was mean to Caterpie because she's got a phobia of bugs (the only exceptions are Butterfree and Beautifly). As for her appearance, yes she usually looked very plain, but on rare occasions Misty did look pretty good (see episodes Princess Vs. Princess, The Misty Mermaid, and Cerulean Blues) as long as she let her hair down/wore hair extensions. Her relationship with Ash is one of the major points of her fanbase I notice. I think its because they have a Love/Hate (not counting ships, I mean how they act in general) relationship where they care about each other a lot but on each other's nerves which the others dont do (except that thing with Dawn and Misty's Special Lure which still is started by Ash's friendship with Misty). Also, the other girls are pretty much pampered where as Misty worked to get what she has, another redeeming quality.

Paired with ValentineUmbreon; Fluffy Little Sister-in-law: Chamo-chan;
Smart Little Sister-in-law: SilverDragonLaura; Twisted Little Sister: Baa.Baa.Blacksheep
Old July 27th, 2008, 03:44 AM
๐Chubbyz๐
H e a V e n

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ๐Chubbyz๐
ash x hikari , may is ok .... but id perfer ash x hikari

Banner made by Dukey.
Old July 27th, 2008, 06:47 PM
PorygonSquared
He's Supposed To Be Dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny-kins View Post
I like May but she can be incredibly stupid sometimes.

Misty is awesome too, she's really headstrong.

Now that I think about it, I don'treally have a reason for liking May more . . . .

Misty has a Dewgong. <3

And May has 3 starters. How unoriginal. >.<
Misty didn't have a Dewgong. It was the Cerulean Gym's.

Are you trying to tell me that this is supposed to be an obvious disguise!? If I hadn't watched until the motto, I'd have thought it was a whole new pair of villians. I'm not surprised the twerps have been fooled over and over again for the past 10 years.
Win.
Old July 27th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Roy G. Biv
KHAAAAAN!

Nature: Mild
Okay, I'm not going to give an argument at all. I'd just like to say MistyxAsh is best outta those
Old July 27th, 2008, 07:19 PM
.emerald
☆ + ♥

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to .emerald
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy G Biv View Post
Okay, I'm not going to give an argument at all. I'd just like to say MistyxAsh is best outta those
Yup!! I agree, although some people relate May & or dawn to Ash!?!?!

| Brothers | Everlasting love | Stopping by d' woods | Art Gallery|

Punishments....

Old July 27th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Yuukihime
I'm allergic to people.

Nature: Sassy
I would have to go with Misty.. Not because of shipping and what not but..She was the first prtagonist I knew when I started watching pokemon. When the episodes were actually good..They kinda went downhill after the hoenn season >.>; *cough*replacingvoices*cough* So I guess I really like Misty because she was the first protagonist and my favorite.

May on the other hand..I did NOT like at all.. She jsut annoyed me..like ALOT. Ithought shewas entirerly lame and didn't deserve to be in the series at all.. I just utterly hated her.

Dawn on the other hand.. I wouldn't give her a 5 star for being the best protagonist but she is a good character overall. I just hate how every female protagonist HAS to go to contests. I would probably like dawn better if she did gym battles but.. I don't hate her but I don't like her as well.. I'm pretty neautral about dawn so its basically like this for me..

Misty- Awsomest

Dawn- Neautral

May: HATES

But of course people have there own opinion on there favorites so yah ._.;

*hides in case people get mad at me for hating May*
Old July 27th, 2008, 08:08 PM
.emerald
☆ + ♥

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to .emerald
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostPrincess View Post
I would have to go with Misty.. Not because of shipping and what not but..She was the first prtagonist I knew when I started watching pokemon. When the episodes were actually good..They kinda went downhill after the hoenn season >.>; *cough*replacingvoices*cough* So I guess I really like Misty because she was the first protagonist and my favorite.

May on the other hand..I did NOT like at all.. She jsut annoyed me..like ALOT. Ithought shewas entirerly lame and didn't deserve to be in the series at all.. I just utterly hated her.

Dawn on the other hand.. I wouldn't give her a 5 star for being the best protagonist but she is a good character overall. I just hate how every female protagonist HAS to go to contests. I would probably like dawn better if she did gym battles but.. I don't hate her but I don't like her as well.. I'm pretty neautral about dawn so its basically like this for me..

Misty- Awsomest

Dawn- Neautral

May: HATES

But of course people have there own opinion on there favorites so yah ._.;

*hides in case people get mad at me for hating May*
Don't worry no one will stab you for that, its your opinion & everyone is entitled to the own opinion.

| Brothers | Everlasting love | Stopping by d' woods | Art Gallery|

Punishments....

Old July 27th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Asura Nirosuki
Shes a good person~

Send a message via AIM to Asura Nirosuki Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Asura Nirosuki Send a message via Yahoo to Asura Nirosuki Send a message via Skype™ to Asura Nirosuki
I was worried people would grow out of misty but good that isn't the case. Shes the toughest, headstrong and most caring Out of any other girl. She doesn't stop in a mirror like Dawn does or whine around every little thing - may overall Greatest female character ever.

~Keep your Smile~
Old July 27th, 2008, 08:14 PM
The_oz
I am Oz!

Not really sure
for me it was a tie between Misty and Dawn

"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something. But i can't except not trying." - Michael Jordan
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Red's PokePet

Riptide the level 87 Feraligatr!
Old July 28th, 2008, 05:13 AM
FireRedLexi
Beginning Trainer

Misty will always be my favuorite.
Original characters are always the best :D

Alexa's PokePet

Lexiton the level 53 Piplup!
Old October 30th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Kasumi32133
Unhatched Egg

I would say Misty, although I am a bit biased because as a little girl, I grew so attached to the first series. But I can say without bias, I hate dawn with a burning passion. She was so irritating, and her voice gave me a headache. She was so Gorky and obsessed with dresses and contests that I really hated her. Misty was a freaking gym leader!! May was okay, and I thought she was a good side-kick. But Misty was great. She had the most real seeming friendship with Ash, and her own story as well. You learned of her sisters, and had an actual reason to stay with Ash. Also, when she got her bike back, she didn't want to leave. I think that shows that she had grown a real friendship with Ash. Tears were shed in the Gotta Catch Ya Later episode. She will be missed. ;_;
Old October 30th, 2012, 01:29 PM
julixl
Female Master

Nature: Timid
May. Why? because I'm a tomboy too and I love Blaziken! And food too!
Why not misty? 'Cause she is sooooooooooo boring... Only water types o_o
(Cylan is a grass type gym leader, and he caught a Dwebble and a Stunfisk)
Dawn? Nah, she and her ''super contest dresses''
Piplup is soooooooooooooo irritating...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorygonSquared View Post
May. I liked the fresh approach she brought to the show with contests. Since Dawn is doing something similar, there is a lack of this "novelty" appeal that May had as a character. And her personality is borderline between sweetheart and strong-willed. Plus, I can actually view May and Dawn as important characters rather than mere "sidekicks," always a plus when most females in anime are mere "cheerleaders" for the main bloke.

I don't know why so many people prefer Misty, but then again I'm that nutjob who thinks that Season 1 is overrated beyond belief.
I super hyper agree :3

''Someone told me long ago I was strange, but then I realized
I'm not strange, YOU are common''

Last edited by julixl; October 30th, 2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old October 30th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Alaka-Z
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quiet
Misty. She's the only tomboyish one, not fussed on all that contest crap.
Old October 30th, 2012, 02:39 PM
chella182
Drowzee

Nature: Rash
It's a toss up between Misty and Dawn, but I think Misty tips it for nostalgic reasons really. I do really like Dawn though.

Old October 30th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasumi32133 View Post
I would say Misty, although I am a bit biased because as a little girl, I grew so attached to the first series. But I can say without bias, I hate dawn with a burning passion. She was so irritating, and her voice gave me a headache. She was so Gorky and obsessed with dresses and contests that I really hated her. Misty was a freaking gym leader!! May was okay, and I thought she was a good side-kick. But Misty was great. She had the most real seeming friendship with Ash, and her own story as well. You learned of her sisters, and had an actual reason to stay with Ash. Also, when she got her bike back, she didn't want to leave. I think that shows that she had grown a real friendship with Ash. Tears were shed in the Gotta Catch Ya Later episode. She will be missed. ;_;
If your going to post in a thread then at least post in a recent one discussing such a matter. Considering this is four years old I wouldn't exactly say this topic is recent. So if you would actually like to discuss you are more than welcome to create a topic on it. But in the future please avoid reviving old topics such as this one.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links