Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Reload this Page [ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old August 10th, 2008 (03:36 AM).
hi sir tomato my password is syvniti's Avatar
hi sir tomato my password is syvniti hi sir tomato my password is syvniti is offline
gggggggggggggggggg

Quote originally posted by Dialseus SSJ6:
Spoiler:
Can anyone give me some Pokemon Diamond offsets?

1. Does Overworld Changer, change the size of the OW's? So can I make a Hero/Heroine as big as a Legendary Overworld?
About DP offset... Yeah, But what do you want offset to? I mean I could just write 0x784A5 and give it to you any say i just made it up, but it's still a dp offset... Please tell me what you wanna edit... About the Overworld... I never used the tool but I'll gues you could do that...

Quote originally posted by Blazichu:
Just find the text and edit that, it shouldn't be too hard.

Map Headers can be found around 0x94121 and the pointers are around 0x940ED, so you just need to change the pointer and direct it to the new location of the data, make sure it is in the correct bank also. Also make sure that bank has a lot of blank space.
Psss.... (Goto advance map and get the specifik pointier?)

I hope this post don't get delted since 3 of my post in this thread has... And they were all containing the right answers...???
Old August 10th, 2008 (04:41 AM).
PollyWaggle

Does anyone know the offset for the intro script in FireRed? (with professor oak, gender choose etc.)
I am aware that you can edit what he says with a-text etc but i want to decompile the script and view the commands in the hope to remove the option of choosing a gender,
cheers!
Old August 10th, 2008 (07:44 AM).
え?

Quote originally posted by *Poliwag*:
Does anyone know the offset for the intro script in FireRed? (with professor oak, gender choose etc.)
I am aware that you can edit what he says with a-text etc but i want to decompile the script and view the commands in the hope to remove the option of choosing a gender,
cheers!
I don't think you can actually have an offset for that script. You can edit what he says, but I don't think you can edit anything else (except for sprites). I don't think you can remove the option of choosing a gender.
Old August 10th, 2008 (08:19 AM).
PollyWaggle

Thanks for the response Cell, but the script is in the game and, therefore it must have an offset. Has anyone else got any ideas.
Old August 10th, 2008 (09:16 AM).
hi sir tomato my password is syvniti hi sir tomato my password is syvniti is offline
gggggggggggggggggg

Thanks for the response Cell, but the script is in the game and, therefore it must have an offset. Has anyone else got any ideas.
Yes it is the game, But are you sure it's using the scripting engine?
Old August 10th, 2008 (10:35 AM).
Re-thinking Osmium

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Blazichu:
Map Headers can be found around 0x94121 and the pointers are around 0x940ED, so you just need to change the pointer and direct it to the new location of the data, make sure it is in the correct bank also. Also make sure that bank has a lot of blank space.
I am a little confused by definition what is a mapheader and a pointer.

Old August 10th, 2008 (02:53 PM). Edited July 5th, 2009 by IIMarckus.
J946@5488AA97464

Quote originally posted by FHJoker:
I am a little confused by definition what is a mapheader and a pointer.
A pointer is a numerical reference to data or a piece of code. The game uses pointers to know where data is located.

If the offset ≥ 4000, then we can get its pointer by ((offset % 0x4000) + 0x4000). Say our offset is 0x034BB1:

0x034BB1 % 0x4000 = 0x0BB1
0x0BB1 + 0x4000 = 0x4BB1

In the game it’s generally little‐endian: 0xB14B, but in documentation and the like I would recommend using normal big‐endian numbers.

Three‐byte pointers use the bank number as well. You get the byte number by rounding down to the nearest 0x4000 and dividing by 0x4000.

0x034BB1 → 0x034000
0x034000 ÷ 0x4000 = 0x0D

To calculate a pointer to a given offset, take the offset (say, 0x135276), modulus divide by 4000 (modulus division gives the remainder instead of the quotient, and is usually the “MOD” or “%” key on a calculator), add 0x4000, and switch bytes to get the two‐byte pointer. Then take the original offset and divide by 0x4000 to get your bank number, if needed.

Explanation of mapheaders

If you want me, please contact me by email. [email protected]

If you want to hack Pokémon RBY or GSC, read, read, and read some more. This has tons of valuable information.

Pokémon Red disassembly project

Rules that should be rethought: 25charlimit, bumping.
Bad posts are bad posts, regardless of how many words are in them or how old the thread is.
Good posts are good posts, regardless of how old the thread is—and brevity is underrated.
Old August 10th, 2008 (11:30 PM).
PollyWaggle

Quote originally posted by Son Sebbe:
Yes it is the game, But are you sure it's using the scripting engine?
Hmmm, good point. If it's not using the scripting engine, does anyone have any other ideas what engine it may be using of where the data can be found?
Old August 11th, 2008 (01:15 AM).
gggggggggggggggggg

Hmmm, good point. If it's not using the scripting engine, does anyone have any other ideas what engine it may be using of where the data can be found?
I'm not sure if it got one for itelf...Asm... So try DeAsseblem the intro, or reverse the offset to the text and seach trough the hex editor... Realy, I can't help you at this point...'
Old August 11th, 2008 (01:27 AM).

Well, it obviously doesn't use the scripting engine of the rom, and is created through ASM. I'd recommend you just make both the boy and girl option into two different characters. Like making both Boy/Girl, two different people of the same gender. It would be much easier than redoing the whole beginning of the intro.
Old August 11th, 2008 (01:44 AM).
PollyWaggle

Quote originally posted by thethethethe:
Well, it obviously doesn't use the scripting engine of the rom, and is created through ASM. I'd recommend you just make both the boy and girl option into two different characters. Like making both Boy/Girl, two different people of the same gender. It would be much easier than redoing the whole beginning of the intro.
So would the implications of finding the code through vba-sdl and removing the gender bit corrupt my rom and/or cause further problems along the way?
Old August 11th, 2008 (02:00 AM).

So would the implications of finding the code through vba-sdl and removing the gender bit corrupt my rom and/or cause further problems along the way?
It wouldn't cause any problems later along the line, if you can get it to work in the first place. And finding it only takes about two minutes, it's actually rewriting over the ASM is the hard part. Even, here, I'll save you some time, here's a location that's part of the routine, 0x12f8c0. I didn't search too hard for the beginning of the routine, but its somewhere before that point.
Old August 11th, 2008 (02:03 AM).
PollyWaggle

Quote originally posted by thethethethe:
It wouldn't cause any problems later along the line, if you can get it to work in the first place. And finding it only takes about two minutes, it's actually rewriting over the ASM is the hard part. Even, here, I'll save you some time, here's a location that's part of the routine, 0x12f8c0. I didn't search too hard for the beginning of the routine, but its somewhere before that point.
Wow thanks for the help! I'll check round that address and see what i can fiddle around with, even though i have no real clue about what i'm doing :/
thanks again
Old August 11th, 2008 (08:17 AM).
え?

Does anyone know the offsets for the flames in the titlescreen in Firered?
For APE...
Old August 11th, 2008 (08:22 AM).
Yellow Remaker

Where can i find the tilemap of Sevii island world map?

http://docrazor.blogspot.com/
Old August 11th, 2008 (10:51 AM). Edited August 11th, 2008 by Busted 101.
Majestic but Crazed

Quote originally posted by Dr.Razor:
Where can i find the tilemap of Sevii island world map?
I know how to find the tileset.

But also how can I customize the title screen on pokemon fire red. Like changing the words and background and pokemon.

Plus in Advance Text I had a clean rom but it won't read some parts of the rom. And I've had it for awhile now. But now it's acting up
So then I downloaded a clean rom same site as before. And still it won't read some parts of that rom.
Old August 11th, 2008 (04:22 PM).

Nature: Calm
Up until today, XSE has worked perfectly for me.

For some reason, I can't compile any script.
It looks as if it has compiled, but when I check the offset nothing has changed...

What am I doing wrong?
Old August 11th, 2008 (05:29 PM).

is there a list of all flags? i cant seem to find 1
Old August 11th, 2008 (05:39 PM).
It's a meeee, itman!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to +Sneasel™
Quote originally posted by rdude35:
is there a list of all flags? i cant seem to find 1
What flag are you missing? If you say it, then we can tell you.
PLEASE DON'T CRY!
I can't tell you lies...

Don't click this!

PPH - A great hacking forum
Old August 11th, 2008 (08:46 PM). Edited August 11th, 2008 by rdude35.

Quote originally posted by itman1234:
Well, actually I meant I cant find any thing that tells me what are the flags that are unused and how many flags,
I'm new to hacking and right now I'm just trying to learn about flags and offsets.
Old August 11th, 2008 (09:01 PM). Edited August 11th, 2008 by hi sir tomato my password is syvniti.
gggggggggggggggggg

What we need is a person who has no life who can valitre for Playing through Fire Red and write down what every singel Flag and Var does...

Quote originally posted by rdude35:
Well, actually I meant I cant find any thing that tells me what are the flags that are unused and how many flags,
I'm new to hacking and right now I'm just trying to learn about flags and offsets.
Well try go with 2++ to 2FF that would give you FF(256) then after 83+ to 870 but I'm not intirely sure about these... Best idea would be just to test...
What we need is a person who has no life who can valitre for Playing through Fire Red and write down what every singel Flag and Var does...
Old August 11th, 2008 (10:19 PM).

Where can I find a text editor for Pokemon Gold and Silver ROMS?
Old August 12th, 2008 (05:16 AM).

Nature: Adamant
Hi. Sorry if these questions have already been asked, except searching for some reason doesn't like my computer/my computer doesn't like search.
I have a few simple questions for now.
1.Some G/S/C Hacking tools always come up with the "Run Time Error 6, Overflow".
Is there any way I can fix it?
2.Where can I find a Hex Document/Tutorial for TOWN/WORLD Map editing in GSC, both editing the look of the map and the data (especially the Data).?
3.Does anyone know the offset for Pokedex editing in Gold/Silver/Crystal? Even better would be a tool.
4.Anyone know where i can find an agixp Tutorial?
5.How do i convert .TXT to .TPL (tile layer pro palette file)
6.If no one can Answer question one, I'd like to know where a working copy is of Pokemon Amplifier for G/S/C.
7.A Tutorial for s_ed (Music Editor in G/S/C)

I Could Spend An hour looking through google for each one of these tools, or i Could see if anyone here knows, so i chose option 2 first. Most Tools/tutorials here are for 3rd Gen anyway, and i'm a 2nd Gen N00b Hacker. :)
Thankyou!

PS:I dont want to use HFD *Shivers at thought*
Old August 12th, 2008 (06:50 AM). Edited July 5th, 2009 by IIMarckus.
J946@5488AA97464

Quote originally posted by ratchet5:
Where can I find a Hex Document/Tutorial for TOWN/WORLD Map editing in GSC, both editing the look of the map and the data (especially the Data).?
The offset of Johto’s map is 091F52 (G/S) or 091FFF (C), and Kanto’s is 0920BB (G/S) or 092168 (C). Each byte represents one tile, and the order goes left→right ⇒ top→bottom. Note that the first two rows of the map are obscured in the Pokedex view, and the top three rows are covered in the Pokegear.

I don’t know the coordinate data offhand.
Some G/S/C Hacking tools always come up with the "Run Time Error 6, Overflow".
Is there any way I can fix it?
If you don’t have the source code to the programs, probably not.
Does anyone know the offset for Pokedex editing in Gold/Silver/Crystal?
1A0000
Anyone know where i can find an agixp Tutorial?
Blazichu had one in the docs/tutorials section.
How do i convert .TXT to .TPL (tile layer pro palette file)
Rename the file.

If you want me, please contact me by email. [email protected]

If you want to hack Pokémon RBY or GSC, read, read, and read some more. This has tons of valuable information.

Pokémon Red disassembly project

Rules that should be rethought: 25charlimit, bumping.
Bad posts are bad posts, regardless of how many words are in them or how old the thread is.
Good posts are good posts, regardless of how old the thread is—and brevity is underrated.
Old August 12th, 2008 (07:12 PM).
Azure Trainer

Dont know if this was asked before but...
Is there a way to create extra pokedex data for pokemon added on the free spaces on Fire Red?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links