The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 10th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Sportsmaniac1322
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by Jirachi3 View Post
I don't mean to be rude, but I absolutely HATE the drums/symbals in the music for the towns. I haven't gotten far in the game, but cherrygrove's music is just terrible. I really don't mean to be so rude, but that's just my opinion.
Yeah he knows. It'll be changed in beta 6.

Old August 10th, 2008, 07:02 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathmoon View Post
How challenging will be the 3 final gyms? I'm asking the kind of lvs we'll be facing, also the type of pokemon?
If it's the "normal" version, just get any guide for Gold, as it's gonna be the same thing. For the "X" I'm not sure, I always think on the levels and movesets as I reach that part while playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osher99 View Post
Where's the cave with the man with the hammer ?
It's gonna be located in Mt.Moon, in B6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poddish View Post
Hey zel,
Are you going to add more minigames too?
For the new island you could make Carlos be there and you can fight him every so often and if you win he will dis you and won't battle you for awhile and when he will re-battle you he will have stronger Pokemon.
Dont worry, as the strongest rivals (except for Silver who wont get an event but will be present) will be moving into the Islands as well. Most likely some of the rivals (like Ard, or Dante & Rina) will not be showing up as they are not really that strong to deserve to be there (what about J&J? I'm not sure yet)

What is known is that a new (and the final) rival will appear on this location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danman2327 View Post
my reply didnt go through for some reason.... anyway i used fire red action replay codes for shiny gold and it changed my item numbers to numbers like "?32"(i fixed that though). I cant use/see TMs or berries. Even when i get new tms and berries i cant use them... anyone have a solution or is my savegame screwed? I havent played pokemon in years and my favorite pokemon game was crystal. This hack got me playing again .
Cheating on a hack is not recommended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alureon View Post
Anyways was curious if you were going to add the Pokemon Network Center that was on One Island with the Ruby and Sapphire plates configured in the machines. It would allow trade between Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. Also was wondering if you were going to add a Move Relearner or some Move Tutors?
No need for the Ruby and Sapphire as in Pallet Town (after finishing an event first), Oak will give you the chance to register you as a Professional Pokemon Trainer, which has the exact same effect as getting the Ruby and Sapphire, you'll be able to trade with those games (however, he'll offer this only once and if you decline, you are screwed)

The Move Relearner already exists, in Blackthorn City. But Move Tutors dont exist yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iken View Post
O_O...

Shiny Gold X is hard...

that was BY FAR the hardest battle i've ever had with
a level 5 slowpoke.

x_x''
Yeah, but probably that was the only hard battle through the game (I dont think that, to me X is hard, but other people may not agree )

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJK View Post
I was just thinking in something here...
There will be more trainers in shinygold than in firered, right?
If so, why not name them after ppl here in pc?

Good luck!
Not a good idea. You put the name of someone of PC and then I get hundreds of people wanting their name in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikwaylx View Post
The only thing about this I would improve for future betas, is the very first battle.

Going up against a level 5 slowpoke with yawn and curse, with an already high defense status is slightly unfair for new gamers; the battle is just too imbalanced for the level. I think that what I'd suggest is move Carlos in to either the entrance to route 30, or the entrance to Cherrygrove. This way, you can train prior in order to make the battle easier.

Of course, everything after that battle is fine and dandy. Great job with the hack!
Simple: If you arent up to the challenge, dont try the X, and stick with the normal version. Works like some kind of warning.

Quote:
Yeah, using the potions you get at the beginning help a lot. The only problem is if the slowpoke ends up cursing itself to max when you're sleeping.

Still, moving the battle in isn't so much of a problem ye?

EDIT: One more question.. D-Did you increase the chance of shinies appearing in this patch or something? Or am I being insanely lucky when, on a run where I mistook the latest beta for beta4 in a locked thread, I found a shiny geodude, and NOW, on the correct version, I found a shiny caterpie?

EDIT Again!: Oh now a shiny hoothoot too?! If you want picture proof, I can give it. But if I see ONE MORE, this is odd.
Yeah, I also dont know how other people seem to get extremely lucky. On my two years of making SG, I only found two shinies in the wild (not counting the Red Gyarados)
But perhaps there could be a patching error or something wrong somewhere. Who knows? In the end, as long as it's not a constant shiny encounter, it's not an error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachi3 View Post
I don't mean to be rude, but I absolutely HATE the drums/symbals in the music for the towns. I haven't gotten far in the game, but cherrygrove's music is just terrible. I really don't mean to be so rude, but that's just my opinion.
Dont worry, but just remember that there's gonna be a lot of changes in the music department. Dont pay that much attention to how those tracks sound.

Old August 10th, 2008, 07:38 PM
nooooooooooo
Beginning Trainer

hey zel this is just a thought but you should add another rival that gets the pokemon that you or the main rival didnt choose like if i got totodile then the main rival would get chicorita and the new rival would get cyndaquil
Old August 10th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Stalin Malone
Order. Stability. Progress.

That's a great idea! I second that. I so enjoy seeing/dealing with multiple rivals in SG. The more the merrier.
Old August 10th, 2008, 08:14 PM
ssj92
ShinyGold got me hooked!!!

Send a message via AIM to ssj92 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ssj92 Send a message via Yahoo to ssj92 Send a message via Skype™ to ssj92
new rival would be great. he said on his new island that we will meet a new rival so ya. also we can;t have too many rivals9gotta watch those slots available )

Old August 10th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Tyrantrum
none pizza with left beef
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrantrum
That, that does sound good, but, maybe you should meet the rival after you enter Eckruetect(sp?), and the new rival should be the female character, if you pick to play as a boy, or it should be a boy, if you pick to play as a girl.

(x) Tumblr
(y) Gallery
Previously Eeveon
Old August 10th, 2008, 09:07 PM
KhaosKnight
The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker

Nature: Relaxed
WOW, 124 pages.....wow, i guess zel is doing something good in this hack. I knew that SG was popular here, but this hasnt left the first page since it got unlocked. Hmm well good luck zel, i might get around to playing this sometime.

GL, Zel :D

Old August 10th, 2008, 09:35 PM
nooooooooooo
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by Wind~ View Post
That, that does sound good, but, maybe you should meet the rival after you enter Eckruetect(sp?), and the new rival should be the female character, if you pick to play as a boy, or it should be a boy, if you pick to play as a girl.
ya i forgot to mention about the boy or girl thing but it just comes down to what zel thinks about it it would be cool though
Old August 10th, 2008, 09:51 PM
blackpen92
Beginning Trainer

why doesnt this hack work for me? ive tried it 3 times from 3 different mirrors and 2 different roms every time i try to run it it just shows up as a red screen that turns to black, that turns to white, that turns to red, over and over

please help
Old August 10th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Shadows

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpen92 View Post
why doesnt this hack work for me? ive tried it 3 times from 3 different mirrors and 2 different roms every time i try to run it it just shows up as a red screen that turns to black, that turns to white, that turns to red, over and over

please help
Your using the wrong rom/ a bad rom. you need a clean copy of FR US. sorry for bad typing, -on my psp-
Old August 11th, 2008, 01:49 AM
JJK
The chase is about to begin...

Location: Lisbon, Portugal, we owned half the world and we'll do it again
Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
Not a good idea. You put the name of someone of PC and then I get hundreds of people wanting their name in the game.
Right... i forgot the human nature (and over that im afraid that ppl think that it was just a crappy excuse to put myself in SG...but if it were to go ahead, there would much more important and deserving ppl than me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind~ View Post
As long as it doesnt stay outside the gym... (battling carlos with 2 half-dead pokes is hard, morty bites)

And shinys... apart from the red gyara i havent found a single shiny in the INTIRE advance games... and i've played sapphire, emerald , firered and SG, plus minor hacks (LOD)

But i have one shiny on diamond, without the radar, but... it's a shiny BIDOOF. God hates me.
Old August 11th, 2008, 03:28 AM
The Immortal
BEST IN THE WORLD

Nature: Timid
Great job zel, I have a few question though:

Can we trade pokemon with people around the world using VBA Link?
Does the 'X' version only have harder trainers/pokemon or is the whole story/quest made harder?
Old August 11th, 2008, 04:48 AM
I can haz haxburgrz?
<--- Making Shimmering Pearl

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to I can haz haxburgrz?
i could be wrong but i believe that the battles are the only harder part.. as only the trainers poke lvl's and movesets are edited for x

Old August 11th, 2008, 05:02 AM
smashmaniac2008
GONNA SMSH YOU INTO TINY BITS!

Yes thats a great idea Gold (if you chose girl) or Crystal (if you chose boy) will battle you at random times with the pokemon you have an advantage to he/she will be nice to his/her pokemon and be the total opposite of Silver your other rival.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 11th, 2008, 05:11 AM
phelex002
Beginning Trainer

I am a pokemon fan from China.I saw a shinygold beta6 appear in the internet. is this your hack rom?have you finish hacking the shinygold beta6? I dont know the details about you!
please tell me the details about shinygold! thanks!
Old August 11th, 2008, 05:22 AM
LiquidR
I am the shadow on the moon at night

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LiquidR
Quote:
Originally Posted by phelex002 View Post
I am a pokemon fan from China.I saw a shinygold beta6 appear in the internet. is this your hack rom?have you finish hacking the shinygold beta6? I dont know the details about you!
please tell me the details about shinygold! thanks!
Try to read the first post on this topic, then you should know enough about Shiny Gold, for the time being.

Click to view my FC
Spoiler:

Old August 11th, 2008, 06:14 AM
phelex002
Beginning Trainer

yes I have,just something I dont understand or knows. it is about the B6 of SG!when I searched the internet using google,it appeared SG B6! I am very surprise!however,I dont know whether it is Zel s hack roms or not.please tell me! I havent found this answer from the first page! the pokemon fans from China are confuse to this things as well as me .
I just want to get the answer of these things!
Old August 11th, 2008, 06:22 AM
Aquilae
=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Aquilae
Well, from what I understand you found SG B6 on Google, and you are asking whether it is real or not? Well, it is not as it has not been released by zel yet, he is working on it currently.

The attachments are for the latest beta of Shiny Gold, so if a supposedly newer beta isn't on the official thread, something is not right.

Check out my youtube channel!
http://www.youtube.com/user/AquiIae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Azelf, on Anti's social life
Ive seen dead tree stumps who get more action
Old August 11th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Stalin Malone

Would it be possible in the areas that were added and not originally in GSC to use RSE music?
Old August 11th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Danman2327
Beginning Trainer

lol. its not only the hack ROM that got problems. the original fire red rom had problems too. i used cheats on a hack rom and it didnt turn out like fire red/shiny gold. so i guess its my emulator that caused it.
By the way the beta6 that you found is probubly fake because it hasnt been released yet. I have see hacks of zel's hack(one i saw where you can catch all the pokemon in the wild). I wouldn't play them cause they probubly have problems glitches etc.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg.
The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch
at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a
wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the
rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit
a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter
by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot
slpeling was ipmorantt!
fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre
I feogrt who ollanirigy had tihs but wohveer did. TAHNKS
Old August 11th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Ikwaylx
Man with 10000 pronounciations

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ikwaylx
Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
Simple: If you arent up to the challenge, dont try the X, and stick with the normal version. Works like some kind of warning.
Oh! It's just in the X version? I thought it would've been in the normal shinygold as it was 'no different' but with higher levels.
That's ok then, I suppose it works.

Another thing, because of the higher levels in Shinygold X. Are you going to be raising the levels of the wild pokemon as well? Because the elite 4 are at level 60 or so, wouldn't it be a bit tedious to be training against level 35 odd pokemon in victory road?
Old August 11th, 2008, 03:06 PM
jinglin
Beginning Trainer

Can anyone please explain to me which is the newer version?

Shinygold X B5
or
Shinygold B5
Old August 11th, 2008, 03:09 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinglin View Post
Can anyone please explain to me which is the newer version?

Shinygold X B5
or
Shinygold B5
X Version is a more challenging version of the current beta.
If you wanna have a challenging game, the X beta is for you then, but if you wanna play the average game, then B5.
Old August 11th, 2008, 03:24 PM
ablahblah987

Quote:
Another thing, because of the higher levels in Shinygold X. Are you going to be raising the levels of the wild pokemon as well? Because the elite 4 are at level 60 or so, wouldn't it be a bit tedious to be training against level 35 odd pokemon in victory road?
Yeah, it would be nice to see higher level wild pokes in some areas of X.
Old August 11th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Stalin Malone

Zel, have you considered making Golem/Alakazam/Gengar/Machamp gained by happiness evolution instead of level evolution?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links