The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 11th, 2008, 04:00 PM
jinglin
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
I applied the patch to my english ruby game but i got a buggy screen after i pressed "new game"
Old August 11th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

Zel, how tough will Satoshi be?
Old August 11th, 2008, 04:05 PM
bardock32nd
Beginning Trainer

jinglin you have to patch the hack to fire red it wont work for ruby.
Old August 11th, 2008, 04:07 PM
jinglin
Beginning Trainer

Old August 11th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Sarcastic Prince
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheimi-Manafi View Post
Zel, how tough will Satoshi be?
Just reminding you... It's Red not Satoshi.
Old August 11th, 2008, 04:56 PM
DarkReborn
Grand Nagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince112 View Post
Just reminding you... It's Red not Satoshi.
Yeah, you are right, the Satoshi (Ash in American and European translations) character, it's just the Anime version of Red, the original PKMN player character.
Old August 11th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Ikwaylx
Man with 10000 pronounciations

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ikwaylx
Well, in order to get saving working properly (Because I want to go to Kanto.) I switched to Flash128k. However, I still get the Save error coming up..

Am I screwed, or is there another way to fix this?
Old August 11th, 2008, 06:27 PM
bloodflood
Beginning Trainer

zel= god of roms
this thing is awesome i love this hack
and i had a question did you scratch the ho-oh on the title screen cuz it looks really good
Old August 11th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Ikwaylx

Hrm, never mind about my question. I suppose I have to start over from the beginning now.

Curses! I already restarted once
Edit: no.. It still won't save.
Old August 11th, 2008, 07:02 PM
phelex002
Beginning Trainer

Hrm,I know..and I have a question,too.
After you releasing the B6,can I load the save of B5 ?
and I suggest that add the battle fronter like Emerald in SG will be more interesting as well as exciting..
add the more story in kanto or jhoto.we are interested in the new story, unknown things and mysterious events!!
That's all.
Old August 11th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Magnius
Pokemon Music Hacking Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReborn View Post
Yeah, you are right, the Satoshi (Ash in American and European translations) character, it's just the Anime version of Red, the original PKMN player character.
Actually Satoshi/Ash and Red are different(Red is a character from the manga series). Just informing you.
Old August 11th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Ramengan
16-foot Poliwag

Wow, Zel. Amazing hack. Played through it all, now just catching and evolving extra pokes to kill time before the next release. Hope I can keep this save in the next beta, but if not, oh well.

I like the # of steps day/night idea. If it's not in there, though, that's alright.
The timed events got a bad first impression on me, but then I realized I could make several balls in an hour and boost a Pokemon's happiness easily through repeated haircuts. :D
The only glitches I've found were the Lavender Town ones, but I see they've all been addressed.
Lots of big, suspicious rocks blocking the path. Looking forward to seeing what's behind them in the next betas!

Random Question: Is there a way to get the "Stick" item for Farfetch'd? I happen to have two, one shiny (yays), and I want sticks for them. I tried stealing from wilds to no avail. They may have one and be rare, but according to Bulbapedia, it's only accessible in Vermillion in FireRed, and I can't find it there since it's all changed. If someone has a stick, can you tell me that it is possible? Maybe I just haven't looked hard enough. If not, can you, Zel, add it in somewhere? If you could add it as a held item for wild Farfetch'd, that'd be awesome. Certainly not a big deal, but I'd appreciate it.
whew, long question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelex002 View Post
Hrm,I know..and I have a question,too.
After you releasing the B6,can I load the save of B5 ?
I'm just guessing here, but depending on how much is changed from beta to beta, it may or may not be possible. Archive your save file if you care about it, and save somewhere "safe" (I'm guessing Jhoto will be stable and remain the same, mostly. Try PC in Violet City or something). Load up the new beta, and if it works, great! If not, just start from a new file. It is a really fun game, so that shouldn't be too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpen92 View Post
i cant save in this game for some reason, i tried what the it said by going to options>emulator>whatever, but when i go to options theres nothing that says emulator,

(i have visualboy advance version 1.7.4)
Are you sure it's not there? You could try a later version (mine's 1.8.0-beta 3). I took a screenshot of what it should look like, if you need to see.

Also, has anyone before caught/bred six zigzagoons just for the Pickups? I fear I'm having too much fun with this hack.

Last edited by Ramengan; August 11th, 2008 at 11:54 PM.
Old August 11th, 2008, 11:09 PM
blackpen92
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by Ramengan View Post
Are you sure it's not there? You could try a later version (mine's 1.8.0-beta 3). I took a screenshot of what it should look like, if you need to see
yea, im sure its not there, that screenshot would be rly helpful
Old August 11th, 2008, 11:21 PM
The Exorcist
Trainer

Nature: Lonely
This is the best Pokemon hack yet! Completely addictive! Recommend it to anyone in the world thats looking for a real Pokemon hack!:D
Old August 12th, 2008, 12:00 AM
Ramengan
16-foot Poliwag

Sent you a PM, blackpen.

I hope there's more bug-catching contests in the future. I was dumb and saved after wasting my first 2 chances by getting Everstones. Now I only have 1 Sun Stone and 2 pokemon to evolve. :/
Also liked the legendaries appearing on the map. Only ran into Entei so far, and it ran before I could even battle it. I deserved that, though. I actually decided to stop and save as soon as I saw it, THEN approach it. I don't know what made me think that would actually work.
Old August 12th, 2008, 03:45 AM
Zack08
Beginning Trainer

really nice hack!! grats to zel. i hope you finish it quickly.
if we could keep our saves until the finished game and used it there, this would be amazing.
Old August 12th, 2008, 04:50 AM
phelex002
Beginning Trainer

...I know...to be honest,I have ever seen such a excellent hack roms,so I am evey concerned about shiny gold as well as the Chinese pokemon fans do~~I tried to play other hack roms about gold,however, all of these cant make me satisfied!
Hrm...I hope that there will be more new story and more interesting things in shinygold !
PS:my English is so so....please pardon me to the mistakes~
Old August 12th, 2008, 05:35 AM
alureon
Alureon the Pokemon Master

Quote:
Random Question: Is there a way to get the "Stick" item for Farfetch'd? I happen to have two, one shiny (yays), and I want sticks for them. I tried stealing from wilds to no avail. They may have one and be rare, but according to Bulbapedia, it's only accessible in Vermillion in FireRed, and I can't find it there since it's all changed. If someone has a stick, can you tell me that it is possible? Maybe I just haven't looked hard enough. If not, can you, Zel, add it in somewhere? If you could add it as a held item for wild Farfetch'd, that'd be awesome. Certainly not a big deal, but I'd appreciate it, whew, long question.
Zel was wondering if you would add the Stick (Farfetch'd) with the, Light Ball for (Pika), Metal Powder (Ditto), Soul Dew (Latios/Latias), Deepseascale, Deepseatooth (Clampearl Sp Atk, Def), Lucky Punch, Lucky Egg (Chansey) Thick Club (Marowak) with a decent drop rate if not in the game. I wonder if the other hold items would be available through purchases. Zigzagoon pickups are cool, some free items yea.
Old August 12th, 2008, 05:46 AM
netga94
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
hi i downloaded pokemon shiny gold but it wont work how come?
Old August 12th, 2008, 06:19 AM
luvarso
Beginning Trainer

YES! Shiny gold is back. I can't wait until beta 5 comes out
Old August 12th, 2008, 06:32 AM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvarso View Post
YES! Shiny gold is back. I can't wait until beta 5 comes out
er, you mean Beta 6, right?
Old August 12th, 2008, 06:33 AM
Ikwaylx

The game still won't save properly, even when I deleted all the .sav files and changed the emulator save type to flash128K

Should I redownload pokemon firered? or the patch? I need some help here because I want to enjoy the game knowing that I can beat the Elite 4 without being forced to restart the game afterwards.
Old August 12th, 2008, 09:14 AM
dirk123
Organization XIII

Send a message via AIM to dirk123
1. Use the correct VBA setting (which you have done)
2. Delete the .sav file (which you also have done?)
3. Start a new game.

Don't use any of your old save stats or you will have the save problem again!!!

Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Walkthrough: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=2305
Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Pokemon Location FAQ: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=2735
Old August 12th, 2008, 09:56 AM
smashmaniac2008
GONNA SMSH YOU INTO TINY BITS!

Can you change golds backsprite to make him look forward like Red did in FireRed/LeafGreen because he looks fat sideways.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 12th, 2008, 10:50 AM
bloodflood
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by netga94 View Post
hi i downloaded pokemon shiny gold but it wont work how come?
put it in a folder get the fire red ROM
Rename both the .isp and .gba files the same in other words rename the ROM and the other one Shiny Gold
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here