• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Angel

Living for now
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
"... what about lynxes..."

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! You just gave me inspiration/reminded for the fire type I needed (read the message I sent you - you'll understand).

And also in reference to many types you didn't think had been used, one of my Fakemon is pretty much a huge tree(in a more complex form).

txteclipse

The Last
Years
What about a paper Pokemon?

Do want. An origami Pokemon would be the definition of epic. I'd say let it be able to fold itself into the likeness of any other Pokemon, a la Ditto's "transform". Or just make it able to give really bad papercuts.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
Do want. An origami Pokemon would be the definition of epic. I'd say let it be able to fold itself into the likeness of any other Pokemon, a la Ditto's "transform". Or just make it able to give really bad papercuts.

"Charmander use ember! Goodbye paper pokemon."

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Why is this place so busy? Don't you guys sleep?

Sleep cuts into my creativity time. *nod*

...Which may explain why I constantly come up with crack.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! You just gave me inspiration/reminded for the fire type I needed (read the message I sent you - you'll understand).

o.o You're welcome. Will get to it in a moment. =3

And also in reference to many types you didn't think had been used, one of my Fakemon is pretty much a huge tree(in a more complex form).

Nice. With other Pokemon living in it? 8D

...Now I kinda want to use this idea. XD Giving other Pokemon really bad paper cuts as a form of battling? Win!

txteclipse

The Last
Years
...Now I kinda want to use this idea. XD Giving other Pokemon really bad paper cuts as a form of battling? Win!

Bwahahaha! I can see it now...

Trainer: What the...that thing's made out of paper! So wimpy!

*Shing shing shing*

*Trainer's pokemon falls into ribbons*

Trainer: But...paper...

Trainer's Pokemon:
Painful. And slightly itchy.

Last edited:

Blue Angel

Living for now
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
*blink,blink*
The forums got quiet...

And NO Jax, the tree Pokemon does not have Pokemon living in it! LOL ^^

Maybe we need a new topic...
*scratches head*

What is your favorite genre to write about? Read about? Why?

I guess I will answer my own question.

Well I am still working on my first but I am writing a Journey Fic with Romance/Drama and Comedy thrown in.

My favorite to read about is romance. I am single... you fill in the blanks :p

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years

Definitely science fiction for both questions. It's my favorite genre in regular reading, and I think it's very underused in fan fiction. I like looking into other peoples' pseudo-scientific explanations for various phenomena in the Pokemon universe.

I also like AU fics. Especially ones that also happen to be sci-fi!

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years

Answer for first two questions: A journey fic that has a little humor to "spice" things up.

Why: I don't know, I guess its because laughter makes people happy. And normally an adventure brings change. I like change, because it is usually for the better. Improvement for the better is always a good thing.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

Romance because I don't like OT, and I could never write science fiction to save my life. Historic fics are interesting, too. I'm hopefully still going to go through with that plot bunny I had from April when I find the time.

I like to read romance and parallel universe fics. I can relate to the schoo thing, and I like to see what other people can do with romance. That and people who know me well can tell you that I'm a shipping maniac.

Blue Angel

Living for now
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016

Romance because I don't like OT, and I could never write science fiction to save my life. Historic fics are interesting, too. I'm hopefully still going to go through with that plot bunny I had from April when I find the time.

I like to read romance and parallel universe fics. I can relate to the schoo thing, and I like to see what other people can do with romance. That and people who know me well can tell you that I'm a shipping maniac.

I love shipping too ^^
That kind of goes hand-in-hand with Romance for me.
No pun intended.

IceDragon2439

Stand Up and Scream
Years

I like writing about journey fics, but not the traditional OT fic. I like to change it up a bit, like I'm doing with Searching For Something Unown. I enjoy trying to put into words how it feels to be on a journey and the experiences they encounter.

Reading, it depends what mood I'm in. I like comedy but I also enjoy some OT fics that are thought out. But pretty much anything that can catch my interest, I don't have a certain thing I like over everything.

Blue Angel

Living for now
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016

I like writing about journey fics, but not the traditional OT fic. I like to change it up a bit, like I'm doing with Searching For Something Unown. I enjoy trying to put into words how it feels to be on a journey and the experiences they encounter.

Reading, it depends what mood I'm in. I like comedy but I also enjoy some OT fics that are thought out. But pretty much anything that can catch my interest, I don't have a certain thing I like over everything.

I know what you mean. My story isn't the typical journey fic either. The main character isn't aiming for the Elite 4 or to be a Pokemon Master(no offense to all who choose that path)

Yeah, Romance makes me happy, but jealous of what I don't have, Comedy makes me laugh and feel better with no obvious downside - so I have to agree.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
And NO Jax, the tree Pokemon does not have Pokemon living in it! LOL ^^

Darn.

To write, dark fic comes almost naturally to me. It feels like a lot of the time, when I set out to write something longer than a chapter, someone gets killed. When it comes to one-shots, I tend to like crack the most, but I dapple a little in romance. Or smut. Because I'm like that. Really, I don't know. Usually, it's because it's the mood I'm in when I write. Or because I have a really strange imagination.

To read, usually, I gravitate towards fantasy or science-fiction, maybe even a little comedy. (I can't say no to a good sci-fi novel. Probably because I'm a softie for pseudo-science or science applied to fiction.) Unfortunately, a lot of people end up writing about OT stories, so I often end up reading that kind of stuff anyway. ^_^; I keep an open mind about things I read, though, when it comes to fanfiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back