• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokénnect: The Pokémon MMORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2009
Just so you know. I came up with that whole currency system myself.
Calculations and all. Don't let Lucario take the credit!!!

hehe. Now that that's over with, yes, we've got the currency system worked out. In regards to some earlier questions, We would have a bureau de change in every town and city, and most villages. Pit stop towns, however, probably wont. They would all act slightly differently, some would charge, some would only offer certain currencies, or have a limit on how much can be exchanged. It's up to the clever player to figure out the best way to exchange their money. With the least expenditure, time and travel.

In addition, the currencies are counted as 4 counters, so when you lose, you lose a quarter of all of them, effectively losing a half, as usual. This way, you may get currency before you can use them, so just switch them back. There will also be banks for each type of currency, where you can store your money. To help explain, here's an example I put together. (And yes, the calculations are correct)

You wouldn't exchange all of your money, it'd be like having four different money counts.
When you lose a battle, you lose a quarter of all those amounts, effectively losing half your money.
When you win a battle, this quarter is transferred directly to your money count.

Example:
Player One has
1000 PokeDollars
250 Saffron
7000 Gildes
670 Odyssian Pounds.

Player Two has
2000 PokeDollars
3000 Saffron (RichRichRich)
8000 Gildes
9900 Odyssian Pounds.

Player Two wins. Player One loses a quarter of each type of money, so now it's
(1000x0.75) 750 PokeDollars
(250x0.75) 175 Saffron
(7000x0.75) 5250 Gildes
(670x0.75) 503 Odyssian Pounds

Player Two
(2000+250) 2250 PokeDollars
(3000+75) 3075 Saffron
(8000+1750) 9750 Gildes
(9900+167) 1067 Odyssian Pounds

In every city, there will be a bureau de change so that you can change your money over. However, not all of them will change into all the currencies, and some will have charges and so forth. It's up to the clever player to calculate which is the most efficient way of exchanging their currency.

Example:

Player One goes to Monroeville, and exchanges all of his money for Saffron. Because Monroeville is a big city, there is a 1500 Pokedollar Service charge.
He pays all 750 of his pokedollars, plus 1,850 of his Gildes (another 750 PokeDollars). He then converts the rest into Saffron.

0 Pokedollars
3400 Gildes
503 Odyssian Pounds.
175 Saffron.

This becomes
(3400 x 0.13) 442 Saffron
(503 x 0.6) 302 Saffron
175 Saffron

Which is a total of 919 Saffron.

Player Two goes to FrostPort, where they convert everything for free, and exchanges all of his money for Gildes. In FrostPort, however, they don't exchange Saffron. He exchanges the rest of his money.

(2250 x 2.5) 5625 Gildes
(1067x4.55) 4855 Gildes
9750 Gildes
3075 Saffron.

He then goes to nearby Ubel Town, where they exchange Saffron only, but for 500 Gildes, which is 200 Pokedollars. They exchange his 3075 Saffron to 172, 969 Gildes.
Giving him a grand total of 193,199 Gildes. (RichRichRichRich)

So Player 2 has been more clever, because he used the system cleverly so that he only had to spend 200 pokedollars, as opposed to the 1500 of Player 1. See?

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Aha nice. Also hmm what would the sites name be. And well island is off the map you posted. Would that mean besides that humungo region there is another 3? If so then im goin to stare cause thats awsomly amzing 0_0

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2009
No no, let me explain.

You saw how that map was divided into four quadrants, right?
Well, there is a fifth quadrant for the islands, and a sixth for Odyssi, plus another for staff islands, if you put them together. So really, there are seven quadrants worth, and six full quadrants. There's 50% more to explore than you see!

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
Just looked around and found this. OMG! Best "crap" (not really, just used to calling them that although its not what I mean) I've ever seen of a pokemon mmorpg! I was going to start a project with friends but then I realised I would get sued for selling them illegally or I would use java which will result to actual crap. I support you guys all the way but will be too lazy to put any banner in my sig. Good luck!

Atomic Reactor

honestly. the different currencies is just a waste of time -_-
I dont think people are going to wanna spend time getting all there money converted.
As good as this game looks, i think the different currencies is a horrible idea -_-

thewolfpwns

Psh, Yeah...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 29, 2013
Ah, yes, Nish had the currency idea. -sweatdrop- Sorry!
And, he recently got promoted, and I revealed some information, so I need to update the front page.

Plus, the currency idea hasn't been accepted yet, so just think of it as an experiment.

Oh yeah, although we may seem like we can do everything, for some reason, we do not have an official logo. If I could, I would, but it would be hideous, so if anyone wants to take the job, be our guest!

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2009
Now then, as to this Brief History: We've got 300 years worth, in little pockets, like a timeline. Take a look at the first!

300 years ago, the world was very different to today. Sinnoh was an island of it's own accord, The treasure archipelago still bubbled underwater as underground volcanos, and Jurni was non-existent.

At this time, in Jurni's lifetime, there were two nations, occupying the region. The region of Principia, in the south, and the region of Altvaska in the north. They waged a war with each other, with a final, ultimate battle being waged in the Tsereve Mountain range, on a mountain known as BloodTooth peak, for all the deaths that took place there. Odyssi, at this time was founded by travellers from Johto and Kanto who crossed the mountains to the north, and found a new land. At this time, it was relatively simplistic, as compared to Altvaska and Principia.

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
Might I bother you guys to ask where did you guys first learn or get some knowledge of AJAX because when I first heard of it from your thread and looked it up I got really interested but I didn't have a start position so I wanted to ask people with prior knowledge. How did you guys start with AJAX and where did you fing the necessary tools to use the process? Is there any chance you can direct me to a place where you guys remember starting off?

Sorry for the question but I really want to know and since the mapper posted the thread I have no idea who the programmers are becaue I alway see a team as a team. Please see if you can help me out and thank you!

thewolfpwns

Psh, Yeah...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 29, 2013
I'm not entirely sure. However, betas are going to be released in Gamemaker 7. The final product is going to be a website. You click on "Login" and a popup opens, with the game.

If you are familiar with the online game Neopets, it will be similar to that.

However, since we have so little besides a starting town, 2 houses, and a Pokemon center, we cant make much out of that. So, no programming in AJAX has been started.

On a side note, I have a few more maps to reveal to you guys.

hollyhouse.png

This is Professor Holly's house. It is an extended version of the standard Royalport (the starting town) house. Because the MMORPG features are turned off in houses, it will just be you playing in it, so we can make them smaller.

hollylab.png

Holly's Lab. Your first encounter with Team Malum is here. What could they want with her?

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Wow nice screen. Also its goin to be neopets style? Oh god i really wanna see how thats goin work. Now is it completely or something similar cause if its completely im a bit worried now.

thewolfpwns

Psh, Yeah...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 29, 2013
No. For the game, it will be Neopets style. You click Login, and the game pops up.

You don't go exploring or anything on the website. It's just, Game>>Login>>Play in a new window

However, there will be different areas of the site where you can learn more about the game.

thewolfpwns

Psh, Yeah...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 29, 2013
Possibly. We haven't got anything yet, so don't take my word as 100% fact.

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
hi i am liking what im seeing. but i have a few questions...

will there be an offline version

do you need any help with any pokemon varients?

is there anythink simple i could help you with?

if so please pm. i would be more than willing to help

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2009
As a MMORPG, it can't really be offline. It will be in-browser. There will be NO client.
We would LOVE some help with pokemon variants, although we only need a few, and we're almost done.
You could help with spriting, mapping, programming or even ideas, dialogue and discussion.

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2009
I'll let Lucario take that one, since he's head mapper.

Also, in my next update, a PokeCommunity Exclusive:

Aube and Crepuscule!

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2012
This looks pretty cool. I hope it hasn't been abandoned. I wish to play it sometime soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back