• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you read Harry Potter?

Have you read Harry Potter?

• Nope,

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Yes, normal book, like any other!

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Yes, great Book!

Votes: 33 47.8%
  • Yes, it's the BEST BOOK EVER!!

Votes: 15 21.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeathlyHallows

I NEED A BATTLE!
Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2008
This thread is to see how many of you have read Harry Potter.
Personally, it is my favourite book series!
what do you think?

Years
I haven't read them and I don't plan too. I watched half of the first movie though. It was pretty cool, I just didn't get to sit through it.

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2008
I read a chapter and realized that I could spend time reading better books. So I did.

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
Years
I read books 1-5...then my friend spoiled a major plot twist in book 6. I'm talking about the MAJOR ONE.

After that, I have never picked up the book. I keep hearing things like, You gotta read it! You'll never get these questions answered. I can't! My Harry Potter spirit got murdered, now I read sci fi stuff like Starcraft and Enders Game.

Master Jecht

Hmmm..
Years
I read part of the first book because everyone hyped it up so much. I was like 100 pages into it and wasn't liking it so i stopped. Now i just watch the movies.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
I only started reading them because of the amount of attention the 1st movie was getting *before* it was out. So I started reading the 4th and really liked it, so stopped, and read the 1st. I was amazed. It was the 1st book I had actually WANTED to read to the end. I then became really obsessed and read 1-4 millions of times, but I've only read the 5th 9 times and the 6th and 7th once (I stopped re-reading by then).

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
I read many of the books, and saw the movies of the one's I didn't get a chance to read. Good book series, but not the best, and the ending was cliched to the max.

DeathlyHallows

I NEED A BATTLE!
Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2008
As I said, I think they're a fantastic series of books, and If anyone hasn't read them, then sprint to the closest bookstore, :P
For those who only watch the movies, anyone who's read the book would tell you that the movie don't live up to the book at all, trust me!

Years
I have read all seven books. Overall, I think Harry Potter is extremely overrated. It is an okay series, but there are far better books out there.

DeathlyHallows

I NEED A BATTLE!
Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2008
I have read all seven books. Overall, I think Harry Potter is extremely overrated. It is an okay series, but there are far better books out there.

OMG! U think it's overrated? :S
Yu are the first person I have ever heard saying that! They're Perfect!
But I guess opinions vary!

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
Years

Yes, agreed. Though I suppose I should finish reading all seven books before I make a judgment, no? :x

Years
  • Age 31
  • F:\u
  • Seen Oct 25, 2008
After reading the seventh book, I concluded this was no more than a book for illiterate inbred children whose related parents have the time to stand in line at Wal-Mart for 2 hours to buy a book to read to them that they'll eventually forget anyway. Yeah...

Years
I have only read books one through six. Overall, I like the first four. The fifth is okay but sort of dull. I despise the sixth book, since one third of it is angsty teenage romance. Ron x Hermione and Harry x Ginny both make me want to puke. What was Rowling thinking when she decided on those couplings (especially Harry x Ginny. That came out of nowhere)?

I never did read the seventh book, since the sixth completely turned me off from the series.

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
The only book of the series I ever completed was #1 because I couldnt get into it but the movies are great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back