Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 10th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Toshinti
Dragon Master

Zel, may I ask, do you have a hacker working on ShinyGold who goes by the name of Adam, Skyler Blood, Haxormist, Zephyr Hellkaiser, or and combination of those? (or has worked at any time on it)

I would really appreciate and answer.
Old September 10th, 2008, 01:12 PM
furrypaws16
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDODC13 View Post
Ok supose I had a flash cart for gba. If I used the patched rom would it still run like it would in the emulator?
On a side note about how many more mini games do you plan to make?
It should. I see no reason why it wouldn't. Keep in mind, though, that any pokemon achieved on this game are technically unlegitimate, and should not be used for official competitions. I'm guessing you probably don't care about that, but it's always good to make sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJK
I'm not sure, but they probably stick a cheap or depleted battery on the cartridge, which runs out quickly. If any of you have a original Pokemon Gold cartridge, you know what I'm talking about: you can't save anymore, because the battery has run out. The thing I don't understand is how they get the cartridges.
It's not the battery, I know that for sure. GBA games use flash memory for storing memory, and even with games that use batteries, the functions are not tied with saving. For example, Pokemon R/S/E had a battery that controlled the clock. If that battery dies, you will recieve a message telling you as much, and time based events (such as battling other people in their bases, gathering berries, etc.) would be disabled, and time would be "stuck". As in, if the game was stuck at 2:38 PM, your game would believe it to be 2:38 PM for the rest of eternity, unless you replace the battery, which, I think, if done correctly (do NOT quote me on this!) would get the clock working again without affecting your saves.

Anyways, they must have a factory for it or something. I'm betting the materials are very cheap and flimsy, and the cartridges aren't official (for instance, saying "NINTONDO" on the back). They can also damage your GBA, so avoid at all costs. Say no to pirates!
Old September 11th, 2008, 09:37 AM
SDODC13
Champion Miki wants to {blank}

Quote:
Originally Posted by furrypaws16 View Post
It should. I see no reason why it wouldn't. Keep in mind, though, that any pokemon achieved on this game are technically unlegitimate, and should not be used for official competitions. I'm guessing you probably don't care about that, but it's always good to make sure.
Kinda figured as much and yea you'd be right. The only tornies i take place in are online through d/p But its good to know.

In Development. People Needed.
Old September 11th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Apple Inc.
This Changes Everything. Again

Send a message via AIM to Apple Inc. Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Apple Inc.
Well the battery was actually only in RS and could be fixed by linking up with FRLG and repairing it that way. But it's just the way it's programmed.

Anyway now. I love the implementation of the new Mini-game. It's very unique. So does this mean that other progress will begin such as Music, etc.

Old September 11th, 2008, 12:45 PM
furrypaws16
Trainer

Quote:
Kinda figured as much and yea you'd be right. The only tornies i take place in are online through d/p But its good to know.
Even then, you should always check to make sure. Some might not view it fair that you recieved a Ho-Oh/Legendary Gerbil/Totodile/Celebi/Whatever from a hack while they went to events/bought multitudes of other games/etc. To some, it's the same as using a Gameshark to enable appearance rates, which is also seen as cheating. I personally don't see it that way, but that's just me. Although, I'm sure if you explain it to the "host", it'll be fine. MOst everyone's heard of Shiny Gold by now. ^_^
Old September 11th, 2008, 06:16 PM
SDODC13
Champion Miki wants to {blank}

Quote:
Originally Posted by furrypaws16 View Post
Even then, you should always check to make sure. Some might not view it fair that you recieved a Ho-Oh/Legendary Gerbil/Totodile/Celebi/Whatever from a hack while they went to events/bought multitudes of other games/etc. To some, it's the same as using a Gameshark to enable appearance rates, which is also seen as cheating. I personally don't see it that way, but that's just me. Although, I'm sure if you explain it to the "host", it'll be fine. MOst everyone's heard of Shiny Gold by now.
Thats true. This hack is all over the internet. Zel is like famous

Though you do bring up a strong point though

In Development. People Needed.
Old September 12th, 2008, 01:33 AM
Hikari318
Eevee Breeder

I really love that hack, it's so well-done, and playing G/S/C again is awesome<3
Thank you!!

I have a question though : can Eevee evolve into Espeon?
Old September 12th, 2008, 01:43 AM
The Abyss
Trainer

Nature: Jolly
IIRC you can do that with a Sun Stone...

Old September 12th, 2008, 03:40 AM
rafa200
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
Hey zel! You know that im waiting for the final beta to play it yeah!?

Good luck friend! Its perfect!!

Old September 12th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Hikari318
Eevee Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDRules View Post
IIRC you can do that with a Sun Stone...
Alright thanks.
Where can we find the Sun Stone? xD
Old September 12th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Joao Victor

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Joao Victor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari318 View Post
Alright thanks.
Where can we find the Sun Stone? xD

u can get the sun stone winnig 1st place in the bug catcher contest
Hey there people, please understand if I write something wrong because I'm only a BRAZILIAN of 14 years old
Spoiler:
You Are Naruto
Stubborn. Loud. Determined. You're Naruto and, darn it, you'll make people acknowledge you even if you have to kill yourself to do it. Or Sasuke. You'd prefer to kill Sasuke to do it.

PC Family:
Spoiler:
Bros: Platinum Lucario and ChaosDarkness
Cousins: Kaiser Glider and CombatArmsWarrior
Sis: ~NinetalesSakura~ and Dark_Aero
Old September 12th, 2008, 11:49 AM
jAvAcOlA

Since you don't have much time...have you thought about just dropping the third region?
Old September 12th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Hikari318
Eevee Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by joao_victor_rm View Post
u can get the sun stone winnig 1st place in the bug catcher contest
Ok thanks.
Bug Catcher contest >_<
Old September 12th, 2008, 03:08 PM
ze656
Fire-Type Trainer

Well, I'm new here and I just wanted to congratulate you for all the great job done until now!
Keep at it!
3DS Friend Code: 2681-0186-4445
Pokemon in My Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen [Fire]

Ze656
Old September 12th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Gold Version
Beginning Trainer

Hey whats up zel, I just wanted to let you know that you're a genius for this and that this is the greatest Pokemon game ever (besides the original Gold). I say that and this isn't even a finished product. I've been aware you've been working on this game since you released beta 3 but I haven't really voiced my opinion on the game.

The only criticisms I have are small things and even those I can get past, but my biggest gripe with the game is that you used a god awful sprite for my favorite Pokemon: Feraligatr.

I know the sprite in fire Red looks much cooler than that one, so my suggestion is that you change the Feraligatr sprite back to the way it was or even to Emeralds Feraligatr sprite. Also I think that you should've added the Team Magma/Aqua grunts music from R/S/E as the Team Rocket grunts music instead of the Magma/Aqua admin music. Lastly you definitely need to change the wild Pokemon battle and trainer battle musics, they are the most boring tracks out of any songs on all the Pokemon games.

Other than that...keep up the good work and I hope you'll be done soon.
This signature has been disabled.
136 pixels too wide.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by Gold Version; September 12th, 2008 at 05:57 PM.
Old September 13th, 2008, 07:14 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Hello everyone, skipping some questions that could be worth of replying in the Help Thread (you know, this thread), and questions about how to make the game save properly (which I and many of us have answered countless times), again a whole discussion about pirates (which has an easy answer: Never buy unofficial games!), and a comment that seemed to have caused some problems (and that I cant really answer, as we wont know as I only work on this project), avoiding all that, this is what I can reply to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbyx84 View Post
There are ways to convert those mp3s to MIDI format though right? Or will that just kill the greatness of the new music?
There are, at least I remember about something like that when I was still working with RPG Maker. Probably things have progressed, because when I tried a program for that, the result was quite bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJK View Post
And what about screenies? I know other ppl been asking, and i don't want to annoy, but WE ARE IN NEED XD

And zel... be honoured
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...9mon_ShinyGold
Screenies wont get released till I start to fix bugs and beta test the B6. That'll give me more time to distract people

Should I? I dont know, not like I know much about how important is Bulbapedia :\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enuo View Post
Hey, was it you guys who made that awesome version of Necron's theme at the end?
It was on a zipped file that I had since the time I worked with RPGM. So, not like I could remember the whereabouts of that zip file or who is the creator. So, credits to the person behind it, whoever you are :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Moss View Post
Hey, Zel, you know the staff in the Celadon Mansion, you should replace them with you and anyone else that helped you significantly in this game's development. (Music, scripters, etc.)
In fact, you may not have spotted me, but I was there (taking a break, as usual XD), I dont think I'll change those guys, after all, they did the game to begin with, they deserve their credit

Quote:
Ok supose I had a flash cart for gba. If I used the patched rom would it still run like it would in the emulator?
On a side note about how many more mini games do you plan to make?
I dont know. According to people who have done it, seems like it would.
One more for the next release, and then one or two more puzzles for the Trick House.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
Hey there Zel, another small question about the hack...

When was it that you chnage to the tiles you are currently using? I don't remember if in Beta 2(?) you had them or the orignial FR tiles.

Also, how often do you restart your game on SG? You keep adding thins in previous maps and you must have to keep starting again to get the full advantage out of each addity. Do you use the same team each time?

Oh yeah, we may have to get this thread cleaned uyp again... There's alot of random off topic posting/flaming/asking the same questions over and over again. Maybe you should create a neg rep systme where off topic posters get bad rep? It's really annoying whenever you check back to see if there are anymore screenies or updates by you and all you find is "My game won't save! Help me!!!".
I wonder... I think it was on Beta4. And I was a bit reluctant to change them, but a comment from Neos made me, at least try to see how the game would look with a few changes in the graphical area, and I ended up liking them. So, I switched to "let's try to make the graphics of this game a mix of every generation", dont know if that'll be nice to everyone, but that's how it's gonna be.

Usually, when I start to do a serious bug fixing or when I'm starting a beta testing with my testers. I dont really like to start a new game (as much as you do, yeah ), but, it's the only way to make sure everything is working correctly.
My team? I'm such a fool, I always want to make my own team (Carlos' team), so that makes playing multiple times a bit boring.

Unfortunately, this is the second thread, and the first one got closed for the same reasons. Starting another would get the same result so in the end, creating a new thread, getting some offtopicness, closing a thread, creating another sounds a bit pointless to me. It may happen eventually, but not anytime soon.
Besides, I think there are a lot of links on the web that would lead people to the less updated thread, and that would lead to more problems.
I'll keep trusting that mods will take care of this thread and the Rom Hacking area with their best effort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Version View Post
Hey whats up zel, I just wanted to let you know that you're a genius for this and that this is the greatest Pokemon game ever (besides the original Gold). I say that and this isn't even a finished product. I've been aware you've been working on this game since you released beta 3 but I haven't really voiced my opinion on the game.

The only criticisms I have are small things and even those I can get past, but my biggest gripe with the game is that you used a god awful sprite for my favorite Pokemon: Feraligatr.

I know the sprite in fire Red looks much cooler than that one, so my suggestion is that you change the Feraligatr sprite back to the way it was or even to Emeralds Feraligatr sprite. Also I think that you should've added the Team Magma/Aqua grunts music from R/S/E as the Team Rocket grunts music instead of the Magma/Aqua admin music. Lastly you definitely need to change the wild Pokemon battle and trainer battle musics, they are the most boring tracks out of any songs on all the Pokemon games.

Other than that...keep up the good work and I hope you'll be done soon.
Too bad about Feraligatr, it's the first complain I hear, so unless I get more, there's nothing I can do. I thought it was a good work from Marnic, but as always, it's just a matter of opinions, it seems.

I liked the admin music more, it was more like "it makes me eager to battle", but dont worry too much about it. As the original Gold TR battle theme will be used there, anyway.
That goes also for the other musics you mention. Check out clonex25 and Magnius accounts on Youtube to get a better idea of how they could sound (criticism, if there's any, is always welcome, as that's useful to improve)

So, that's it. I'll get back to work on my maps for the next minigame after I lunch.

Old September 13th, 2008, 07:58 AM
Gold Version
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by zel View Post

Too bad about Feraligatr, it's the first complain I hear, so unless I get more, there's nothing I can do. I thought it was a good work from Marnic, but as always, it's just a matter of opinions, it seems.

I liked the admin music more, it was more like "it makes me eager to battle", but dont worry too much about it. As the original Gold TR battle theme will be used there, anyway.
That goes also for the other musics you mention. Check out clonex25 and Magnius accounts on Youtube to get a better idea of how they could sound (criticism, if there's any, is always welcome, as that's useful to improve)

So, that's it. I'll get back to work on my maps for the next minigame after I lunch.
That's great about the music and I guess I can live with the Feraligatr. The music is an essential part of the game and its good you realize that. Thanks for gettin back so quick.
This signature has been disabled.
136 pixels too wide.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old September 13th, 2008, 08:01 AM
o.necromancer.o
(Insert Something Random)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Version View Post
Yeah I have to agree I never liked the Feraligatr sprite either.
FC: 2965 0207 2011
Old September 13th, 2008, 08:44 AM
JJK
The chase is about to begin...

Location: Lisbon, Portugal, we owned half the world and we'll do it again
Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
Should I? I dont know, not like I know much about how important is Bulbapedia :\
In fact, you may not have spotted me, but I was there (taking a break, as usual XD), I dont think I'll change those guys, after all, they did the game to begin with, they deserve their credit .
Bulbapedia is simply the wiki of Pokemon, and not only in looks. They're updating everything to Platinium standards (movesets, sprites, etc.) so it's a bit messy right now, but it's quality is parallel (i mean, considering the gynourmous Wikipedia with the "tiny" BPedia) to it's father's. I say be honored because what could a man wish more than to be an entry in an encyclopedia? XD

You don't need to evict Game Freak, you can just cram your room... oh wait, you're taking a break... meh, map an extra floor, easy stuff XD
Then when we talked to magni or clonex a song would play (pewter jigglypuff maybe? :D)

Last edited by JJK; September 13th, 2008 at 09:00 AM.
Old September 13th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Danman2327
Beginning Trainer

Yeah i didnt like the feraligatr and typhlosion sprites that much. There eyes dont seem right. Also where are the minigames?
Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg.
The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch
at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a
wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the
rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit
a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter
by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot
slpeling was ipmorantt!
fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre
I feogrt who ollanirigy had tihs but wohveer did. TAHNKS
Old September 13th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Tyrantrum
none pizza with left beef
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrantrum
The mini games are only in beta 6, which wasn't released yet. :\

(x) Tumblr
(y) Gallery
Previously Eeveon
Old September 13th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Giovanni Boss
Team Rocket's Head

I also quite dislike the feraligatr sprite, but I dislike every Feraligatr sprite I have seen up to now. Guess I'm not a good reference. xD
Hmm... Let's see... Something to cause impact...
I know! Happy Easter!
Hi.
I'm Brazilian, by the way.
So, feel free to speak portuguese with me.
Well, guess it's all I have to tell.
Old September 13th, 2008, 05:32 PM
poddish
Spirit Of Radio

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to poddish
I have a glitch.

if you don't show elm the togepi before you beat the pokemon league, you can't get the master ball, which is too bad because this happened to me.

you can also bike in the lavender town name rater's house.
I believe children are the future.
As such, we can do whatever we want, and in the future, when it's time to clean up our mess, they will have to do it for us.

Last edited by poddish; September 13th, 2008 at 05:42 PM.
Old September 13th, 2008, 05:35 PM
sirboulevard
Master Trainer/Coordinator

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by poddish View Post
I have a glitch.

if you don't show elm the togepi before you beat the pokemon league, you can't get the master ball, which is too bad because this happened to me.
Yeah, I know this has been mentioned already, but i dont know if Zel has fixed it for Beta 6 though.

Paired with ValentineUmbreon; Fluffy Little Sister-in-law: Chamo-chan;
Smart Little Sister-in-law: SilverDragonLaura; Twisted Little Sister: Baa.Baa.Blacksheep
Old September 13th, 2008, 05:47 PM
deadlyangel91792
Psn Id-Sirbagsalot

weird that never happpend to me

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links