The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase

Notices

Hacks Showcase Want to play a hack? Here, you can play some good quality hacks… or you can make your own and submit it here! (Unless you can show a significant amount of development, your hack starts at the "Progressing Hacks" forum first.)
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 16th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Sebastien Loeb
Motorsport Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Sebastien Loeb
A gameplay of shinygold (http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=rCmo2FGynxk) how ugly the music of struggle, let's make some covers of those G/S/C!
Old September 16th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Mōnštȝr¿
Donator Tier 1

Send a message via Skype™ to Mōnštȝr¿
Ok am I the only one who can't save there Shiny gold? It says save file error or something like that?
Old September 16th, 2008, 03:42 PM
deadlyangel91792
Psn Id-Sirbagsalot

change to flash 128k in your emulator

Old September 16th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Mōnštȝr¿
Donator Tier 1

already did that.... Still wont let me save in game the only way for me to save is by using the option under file...
Old September 16th, 2008, 04:58 PM
deadlyangel91792
Psn Id-Sirbagsalot

start the game over with 128k you keep saving the game like that and youll never get past the elite 4 look it up on youtube youll find it eventually

Old September 16th, 2008, 04:58 PM
kamehameha300
Beginning Trainer

how far does this game go up to?mine only reached celadon
Old September 16th, 2008, 05:30 PM
deadlyangel91792
Psn Id-Sirbagsalot

you must have the previous beta the new one goes to fuschia city (wow its hard to answer all these questions but zel and the team need time to rest/hack and well i guess i wanna help somehow)

Old September 16th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Mōnštȝr¿
Donator Tier 1

Ok well..... I found nothing on youtube either i'm dumb or well i'm dumb i seriously need help....
Old September 16th, 2008, 06:03 PM
furrypaws16
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
Hey Zel, I know you've said that you'll make it so you can catch every Pokemon (386), does that include the other Johto starters? I don't suppose you'll tell us how we'll get those :D
I do remember one of his goals with Shiny Gold was to make it a perfectly standalone game. If I remember correctly, it bothered him that Nintendo tried to squeeze money out of us by making two games to complete a Pokedex. So, it's quite likely. I'd imagine they'd be given to you somewhere, but much further down the road. For some reason, the Shiny Gold Dex that I downloaded only listed about 20 pokemon, showing many of those to be unobtainable, but not listing the three Johto starters. As such, it's likely you can find 'em somewhere...hm. To be honest, I dunno. Don't have any free time anymore. X_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfernal_rat
Ok well..... I found nothing on youtube either i'm dumb or well i'm dumb i seriously need help....
As stated many times before, you will likely need to start your game over if your emulator was not set to 128k save when you began the game. Start it clean, delete the old save file (use the actual save file (.sav) on the computer, not just in game. Dunno if just deleting the one ingame does anything, but to be sure, delete the one off your hard drive). If it's not that, then I'm at a loss. You may've double patched your ROM (which is bad) or you could simply have a ROM that does not work. Whatever the case, I hope you get it to work soon. Please keep in mind that if it is a Flash 128k problem, and you still neglect to start over, you will not be able to continue beyond the Elite Four of Johto, as if I'm correct, it's a prompted save.
Old September 16th, 2008, 06:49 PM
driger369
Fortitude Creed

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Yahoo to driger369
Lol, I've been away for 4 months and this still isn't done. Well I know it's going to be that much better. Can't wait to see it zel!
Old September 16th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Mōnštȝr¿
Donator Tier 1

alright thanks it worked Xp
Old September 17th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Ripper
The Dark Knight

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ripper
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunnes0906 View Post
I've Starded to play Shiny Gold X Version B5, but something is intrigating me... Is it normal my 1st pokémon choosen Cyndaquil ( now is a Quilava) doesn't obey my attack orders..?
Check your Trainer Name. If it's changed from what you originally had then your Pokemon won't obey you. THis is a glitch which still is a mystery to everyone, for some reason the last character of your name is delted occasionally.

Hehe I just finished Beta 5...

I'm sure you're planning on giving Koga a walking sprite but to be honest, he's so much awesome without one. The wat he floats... aw man, that's so awesome :D

Obviously you realise there are very small mistakes with scripting length (i.e. some characters/red triangle) being partly off the page in some parts) but I assume you're not going to change this. There is one sign I read that needs to be slightly changed - it's the one in the Celadon Dept. for the floor with the Pokedoll. On the wall it states that there are Stones to be bought, but I can't see any :D I think I picked up on a few small errors but I'm sure you know about them and they aren't that important anyway (like how when you enter some places you get the little first person view and it's all wrong).

By the way, one of my favourite parts of the game is after you defeat the E4 and the game scrolls through all the different maps and you see all the old glitchy ones :D

Last edited by Spheal; September 18th, 2008 at 11:02 AM.
Old September 18th, 2008, 01:44 PM
poddish
Spirit Of Radio

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to poddish
Hey zel,
if you want, you could use the change music script to put radios in certain buildings, etc., and the g/s saffron city music is in ruby and sapphire.
Old September 18th, 2008, 05:45 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by poddish View Post
I have a glitch.

if you don't show elm the togepi before you beat the pokemon league, you can't get the master ball, which is too bad because this happened to me.

you can also bike in the lavender town name rater's house.
I'll try to remember to check if that happens to me when beta testing. I think I've never forgotten about showing Togepi to Elm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtwigtoon View Post
I think this has already been said, but yes, the E4 will be harder when you fight them again, as you need to beat them again, according to Zel, to get to Mt. Silver.
Correcting. You can get to Mt.Silver without facing the E4's second round. But, for reaching the islands in the future, it'll be needed, as there is an important event at the league (second round) in order to proceed further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted 101 View Post
I found yet another glitch. I recorded it. Sorry no sound.

Watch here http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=33ku7mw&s=4
Usually happens if you push buttons like mad while the messages show up or the warp event occurs. It could also be originated from being playing the game on a non normal speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitanuva View Post
Neither. I can smell Beta 6 coming in the next month or so. Trust me on this.
Really? Because I really dont know... O.o

Quote:
Hey Zel, I know you've said that you'll make it so you can catch every Pokemon (386), does that include the other Johto starters? I don't suppose you'll tell us how we'll get those :D
You suppose well :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum Lucario View Post
Hey Zel, I was wondering, maybe in the animation of the Train going from Goldenrod City to Saffron City, maybe you could change the train tracks to look more like the ones outside, because it would make it look better, just have to insert into the tileset. It would make it look better too.
Those tracks are better. Oh my, and they were just some blocks used on the Saffron's tileset. Dont know how you liked those over the original Gold's tiles. I wont change the way the station looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince112 View Post
That made me think of an new idea.

Why don't you just replace the Fast Ship Script in FR to make the train?

Since it's a Magnet Train (Of course it's fast.) replacing the fast ship makes more sense

to the train.

And yeah, the railroads are not relastic enough, so, you might as well change it.
Simply, I'll be needing the ship screen for when you travel in ship, I think. Not too sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunnes0906 View Post
I've Starded to play Shiny Gold X Version B5, but something is intrigating me... Is it normal my 1st pokémon choosen Cyndaquil ( now is a Quilava) doesn't obey my attack orders..?
Either you have it at a level that you dont have the needed badge, or perhaps you suffered the "name change glitch", as you were told. If it is the latter, the only way to solve it is by starting a new game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by driger369 View Post
Lol, I've been away for 4 months and this still isn't done. Well I know it's going to be that much better. Can't wait to see it zel!
Dont forget that now I only have the hours of my weekend available for working on the hack.

Quote:
I'm sure you're planning on giving Koga a walking sprite but to be honest, he's so much awesome without one. The wat he floats... aw man, that's so awesome :D

Obviously you realise there are very small mistakes with scripting length (i.e. some characters/red triangle) being partly off the page in some parts) but I assume you're not going to change this. There is one sign I read that needs to be slightly changed - it's the one in the Celadon Dept. for the floor with the Pokedoll. On the wall it states that there are Stones to be bought, but I can't see any :D I think I picked up on a few small errors but I'm sure you know about them and they aren't that important anyway (like how when you enter some places you get the little first person view and it's all wrong).

By the way, one of my favourite parts of the game is after you defeat the E4 and the game scrolls through all the different maps and you see all the old glitchy ones :D
Heh, your favorite part is a glitchy part? And I thought I was the mean one

I'll probably try to improve the scripts a bit, but for sure wont be done for the next release (you can imagine the effort that would be required to be checking the large database of .rbc scripts I have in my hack's folder >_<)

Koga is floating, yep, but, Ninjas float? I remember them walking on water, but that's about it... XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by poddish View Post
Hey zel,
if you want, you could use the change music script to put radios in certain buildings, etc., and the g/s saffron city music is in ruby and sapphire.
I know, I could try to add some minor stuff later, but I should focus on developing the game and do some "time wasters", putting a radio would need some effort that would not pay in gameplay time for the player, thus that's why I'm leaving some stuff for the last parts.

--Done, ZEL.

Old September 18th, 2008, 06:08 PM
deadlyangel91792
Psn Id-Sirbagsalot

hey zel i found another glitch when you go to violet city and to the center if you talk to elms aid he gives you the togepi egg before you beat the gym then if you go back and talk to him again he gives you another one now i got two togepis weird......

Old September 18th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Ripper
The Dark Knight

By the way, I have one more question about some of the maps. It's not too important but it is worth of note. Some of the gatehouses are in full view so you can see where they end - into a bunch of trees. It looks kind of strange becuase you know for a fact you don't end up in trees, but on the road. I think you've done it the same way as in Gold but for graphics purposes it looks mighty strange. Were you ever planning on changing that?

Also, the same thing occurs in some cities (mainly Saffron). When you enter a Gatehouse from the Celadon side you can see about 7 or 8 tiles of road/fence on the Saffron side. When you come out on the Saffron side however, there are only about three. Just for continuation purposes it looks slightly strange. The same occurs when entering from Lavender. Also, when you leave Saffron heading north you can see that above the northernmost buildings (Gym, Dojo etc.) there is grass, yet when you come out on the Celadon side of the gatehouse there are trees when you look down. It's being pety and it's not that important but I love it when hackers pay the uttermost impoirtance to minor details.

I've gotta stop posting glitchy things Oh, and about Koga, he's a ninja, so he's actually touching the ground but to the untrained unninja eye it looks like he's floating :D Ninjas!
Old September 18th, 2008, 10:26 PM
gaea92893
Beginning Trainer

a little help here,, how to use the ghostbuster and get rid of those pesky ghost in cerulean city..
Old September 18th, 2008, 11:18 PM
Ripper
The Dark Knight

Got to the help thread in the Scrapbox Thread. That's where we post questions like yours.

But otherwise, you have to go see Morty in Johto, he's in the Burned Tower where the Dogs were.
Old September 19th, 2008, 03:19 AM
tylkonachwile
Beginning Trainer

Oh i found a glich to In the place where you can catch Lapras.. If you catch him and go bit the Elite 4.. When you will come back, he will be there one more time.. and again and again.. and so on and on
Old September 19th, 2008, 03:39 AM
JJK
The chase is about to begin...

Location: Lisbon, Portugal, we owned half the world and we'll do it again
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylkonachwile View Post
Oh i found a glich to In the place where you can catch Lapras.. If you catch him and go bit the Elite 4.. When you will come back, he will be there one more time.. and again and again.. and so on and on
Well, I believe (not sure) that in the original Gold he came back every Fryday, even if you alredy captured one. And if not, WTF let it be, it's a good bug, let's focus on the bad ones
Old September 19th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Alexandrakar
Beginning Trainer

Old September 19th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Craver
I'm From WAH!

Nature: Quirky
D :, Why not Mewtwo into Beta6, its a too patetic pokemon, really you must give it into Beta 2 =), for example in this beta 6 u must give to Deoxys (which kick mewtwo's ass )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ah! almost forgot, the translating its stopped into Celadon city, thats is boring me =(, well Carlitos XDDDD Be carefull.
Old September 19th, 2008, 12:25 PM
danx
Beginning Trainer

hey zel, well i'm new here, first post but i know you more that you think,and i visit this site more than you think too, but if you need any help, i'm disposed, you'll see i'm a graphic artist, my avatar i drew it myself. X)
Old September 19th, 2008, 02:19 PM
smashmaniac2008
GONNA SMSH YOU INTO TINY BITS!

best hack EVER!!! ever ever ever ever... EVER I said ever. ever ever!!! EVER!!!!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old September 19th, 2008, 04:48 PM
furrypaws16
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJK View Post
Well, I believe (not sure) that in the original Gold he came back every Fryday, even if you alredy captured one. And if not, WTF let it be, it's a good bug, let's focus on the bad ones :)
Well, as we all know, Fire Red does not have a clock. Programming one in would be pretty near impossible, if not completely. So, to my knowledge, Zel simply replaced time events with "step events", or when a random (or potentially set, I dunno) number of steps needs to be taken for the event to begin again. So, let's say it's a set variable of, I dunno, 1,000 steps for a Lapras. 1,000 steps later, there's your Lapras. I dunno if that's exactly how it works, but I'm pretty sure it's a good general mindset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandraker
I can't play it!!!Helpppp!!!
Did you perhaps check the thread labled, " [Important] Before PLAYING a hack"? Because that might help you out just a bit.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links