• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Ok am I the only one who can't save there Shiny gold? It says save file error or something like that?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
already did that.... Still wont let me save in game the only way for me to save is by using the option under file...

deadlyangel91792

Psn Id-Sirbagsalot
Years
you must have the previous beta the new one goes to fuschia city (wow its hard to answer all these questions but zel and the team need time to rest/hack and well i guess i wanna help somehow)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Ok well..... I found nothing on youtube either i'm dumb or well i'm dumb i seriously need help....

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
Hey Zel, I know you've said that you'll make it so you can catch every Pokemon (386), does that include the other Johto starters? I don't suppose you'll tell us how we'll get those :D

I do remember one of his goals with Shiny Gold was to make it a perfectly standalone game. If I remember correctly, it bothered him that Nintendo tried to squeeze money out of us by making two games to complete a Pokedex. So, it's quite likely. I'd imagine they'd be given to you somewhere, but much further down the road. For some reason, the Shiny Gold Dex that I downloaded only listed about 20 pokemon, showing many of those to be unobtainable, but not listing the three Johto starters. As such, it's likely you can find 'em somewhere...hm. To be honest, I dunno. Don't have any free time anymore. X_X

nfernal_rat said:
Ok well..... I found nothing on youtube either i'm dumb or well i'm dumb i seriously need help....

As stated many times before, you will likely need to start your game over if your emulator was not set to 128k save when you began the game. Start it clean, delete the old save file (use the actual save file (.sav) on the computer, not just in game. Dunno if just deleting the one ingame does anything, but to be sure, delete the one off your hard drive). If it's not that, then I'm at a loss. You may've double patched your ROM (which is bad) or you could simply have a ROM that does not work. Whatever the case, I hope you get it to work soon. Please keep in mind that if it is a Flash 128k problem, and you still neglect to start over, you will not be able to continue beyond the Elite Four of Johto, as if I'm correct, it's a prompted save.

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
I've Starded to play Shiny Gold X Version B5, but something is intrigating me... Is it normal my 1st pokémon choosen Cyndaquil ( now is a Quilava) doesn't obey my attack orders..?

Check your Trainer Name. If it's changed from what you originally had then your Pokemon won't obey you. THis is a glitch which still is a mystery to everyone, for some reason the last character of your name is delted occasionally.

Hehe I just finished Beta 5...

I'm sure you're planning on giving Koga a walking sprite but to be honest, he's so much awesome without one. The wat he floats... aw man, that's so awesome :D

Obviously you realise there are very small mistakes with scripting length (i.e. some characters/red triangle) being partly off the page in some parts) but I assume you're not going to change this. There is one sign I read that needs to be slightly changed - it's the one in the Celadon Dept. for the floor with the Pokedoll. On the wall it states that there are Stones to be bought, but I can't see any :D I think I picked up on a few small errors but I'm sure you know about them and they aren't that important anyway (like how when you enter some places you get the little first person view and it's all wrong).

By the way, one of my favourite parts of the game is after you defeat the E4 and the game scrolls through all the different maps and you see all the old glitchy ones :D

Last edited by a moderator:

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
Years
Hey zel,
if you want, you could use the change music script to put radios in certain buildings, etc., and the g/s saffron city music is in ruby and sapphire.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
I have a glitch.

if you don't show elm the togepi before you beat the pokemon league, you can't get the master ball, which is too bad because this happened to me. :(

you can also bike in the lavender town name rater's house.

I'll try to remember to check if that happens to me when beta testing. I think I've never forgotten about showing Togepi to Elm.

I think this has already been said, but yes, the E4 will be harder when you fight them again, as you need to beat them again, according to Zel, to get to Mt. Silver.

Correcting. You can get to Mt.Silver without facing the E4's second round. But, for reaching the islands in the future, it'll be needed, as there is an important event at the league (second round) in order to proceed further.

I found yet another glitch. I recorded it. Sorry no sound.

Watch here http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=33ku7mw&s=4

Usually happens if you push buttons like mad while the messages show up or the warp event occurs. It could also be originated from being playing the game on a non normal speed.

Neither. I can smell Beta 6 coming in the next month or so. Trust me on this. :)

Really? Because I really dont know... O.o

Hey Zel, I know you've said that you'll make it so you can catch every Pokemon (386), does that include the other Johto starters? I don't suppose you'll tell us how we'll get those :D

You suppose well :D

Hey Zel, I was wondering, maybe in the animation of the Train going from Goldenrod City to Saffron City, maybe you could change the train tracks to look more like the ones outside, because it would make it look better, just have to insert into the tileset. It would make it look better too. :P

Those tracks are better. Oh my, and they were just some blocks used on the Saffron's tileset. Dont know how you liked those over the original Gold's tiles. I wont change the way the station looks.

That made me think of an new idea.

Why don't you just replace the Fast Ship Script in FR to make the train?

Since it's a Magnet Train (Of course it's fast.) replacing the fast ship makes more sense

to the train.

And yeah, the railroads are not relastic enough, so, you might as well change it.

Simply, I'll be needing the ship screen for when you travel in ship, I think. Not too sure.

I've Starded to play Shiny Gold X Version B5, but something is intrigating me... Is it normal my 1st pokémon choosen Cyndaquil ( now is a Quilava) doesn't obey my attack orders..?

Either you have it at a level that you dont have the needed badge, or perhaps you suffered the "name change glitch", as you were told. If it is the latter, the only way to solve it is by starting a new game...

Lol, I've been away for 4 months and this still isn't done. Well I know it's going to be that much better. Can't wait to see it zel! :t249:

Dont forget that now I only have the hours of my weekend available for working on the hack.

I'm sure you're planning on giving Koga a walking sprite but to be honest, he's so much awesome without one. The wat he floats... aw man, that's so awesome :D

Obviously you realise there are very small mistakes with scripting length (i.e. some characters/red triangle) being partly off the page in some parts) but I assume you're not going to change this. There is one sign I read that needs to be slightly changed - it's the one in the Celadon Dept. for the floor with the Pokedoll. On the wall it states that there are Stones to be bought, but I can't see any :D I think I picked up on a few small errors but I'm sure you know about them and they aren't that important anyway (like how when you enter some places you get the little first person view and it's all wrong).

By the way, one of my favourite parts of the game is after you defeat the E4 and the game scrolls through all the different maps and you see all the old glitchy ones :D

Heh, your favorite part is a glitchy part? And I thought I was the mean one :P

I'll probably try to improve the scripts a bit, but for sure wont be done for the next release (you can imagine the effort that would be required to be checking the large database of .rbc scripts I have in my hack's folder >_<)

Koga is floating, yep, but, Ninjas float? I remember them walking on water, but that's about it... XD

Hey zel,
if you want, you could use the change music script to put radios in certain buildings, etc., and the g/s saffron city music is in ruby and sapphire.

I know, I could try to add some minor stuff later, but I should focus on developing the game and do some "time wasters", putting a radio would need some effort that would not pay in gameplay time for the player, thus that's why I'm leaving some stuff for the last parts.

--Done, ZEL.

deadlyangel91792

Psn Id-Sirbagsalot
Years
hey zel i found another glitch when you go to violet city and to the center if you talk to elms aid he gives you the togepi egg before you beat the gym then if you go back and talk to him again he gives you another one now i got two togepis weird......

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
By the way, I have one more question about some of the maps. It's not too important but it is worth of note. Some of the gatehouses are in full view so you can see where they end - into a bunch of trees. It looks kind of strange becuase you know for a fact you don't end up in trees, but on the road. I think you've done it the same way as in Gold but for graphics purposes it looks mighty strange. Were you ever planning on changing that?

Also, the same thing occurs in some cities (mainly Saffron). When you enter a Gatehouse from the Celadon side you can see about 7 or 8 tiles of road/fence on the Saffron side. When you come out on the Saffron side however, there are only about three. Just for continuation purposes it looks slightly strange. The same occurs when entering from Lavender. Also, when you leave Saffron heading north you can see that above the northernmost buildings (Gym, Dojo etc.) there is grass, yet when you come out on the Celadon side of the gatehouse there are trees when you look down. It's being pety and it's not that important but I love it when hackers pay the uttermost impoirtance to minor details.

I've gotta stop posting glitchy things :P Oh, and about Koga, he's a ninja, so he's actually touching the ground but to the untrained unninja eye it looks like he's floating :D Ninjas!

Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2008
a little help here,, how to use the ghostbuster and get rid of those pesky ghost in cerulean city..

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
Got to the help thread in the Scrapbox Thread. That's where we post questions like yours.

But otherwise, you have to go see Morty in Johto, he's in the Burned Tower where the Dogs were.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2009
Oh i found a glich to :) In the place where you can catch Lapras.. If you catch him and go bit the Elite 4.. When you will come back, he will be there one more time.. and again and again.. and so on and on :)

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
Oh i found a glich to :) In the place where you can catch Lapras.. If you catch him and go bit the Elite 4.. When you will come back, he will be there one more time.. and again and again.. and so on and on :)
Well, I believe (not sure) that in the original Gold he came back every Fryday, even if you alredy captured one. And if not, WTF let it be, it's a good bug, let's focus on the bad ones :)

Back