The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 3rd, 2008 (08:51 AM).
Johtomasterandlover
I´m the best of Johto

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougo007 View Post
Yea, I'm back. Noone helped me with removing my account so I'll help you out first. I have learned that for some reason doing a "write state" (a feature in VBA) and THEN doing a cheat will safeguard you from unwanted side effects because reloading the save game file will not always work in undoing the cheat. However, loading from a state from before the cheats were implemented will remove ALL effects from the cheat (but make sure you remove the cheats before you load the state again). Hope this helps in the future. By the way, to be safe it is best to only do one cheat at a time until you are sure that it will work properly. I have tried several at once without using my state method in Fire Red and it made Bill's PC corrupt with "bad eggs" so I had to start the game over again until I realized that the "save state" and "load state" works as a semi-safeguard. I tested this myself personally. I am a scientist afterall (CHE).

One of my favorite cheats is making all items in pokemarts $1. Make sure you use the right codes however, or else trouble will pursue, so don't forget the state method I mentoned. I CANT HELP THOSE WHO ALREADY CORRUPTED THEIR GAME SO YOU WILL HAVE TO DO WHAT I DID, REDO THE WHOLE GAME OVER AGAIN. SRY

Sorry if I make moderators upset with this post. If so let me know, but this method DOES WORK!!!!! (At least in Fire Red)

Thnx but i knew that stuff of load state and besides i just passed not to care about my deposit box

Look! I´ve got a Jar of Dirt!See?Isn´t it Pretty?
:3
Old October 3rd, 2008 (12:26 PM).
ryan123456789019
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
I am not sure where to put suggestions such as "problems" that need to be fixed, but until someoone tells me where to put it I will put it in this fourm.

I have noticed three small problems as of now.

1. Pokemon trainer names are 1/trainer... but I saw this mentoned
2. the gym across the sea has bad tileset layout, somehow (unless I'm looking it at the wrong angle) part of the gym has been shifted by one square (right or left). A player can still go through and battle the gym leader ok though so this is not a big deal as of now.
3. You can't fly to Cherygrove city. Maybe you forgot to implement a "switch" or something.

P.S. I am using RPG Maker 2003 vocabulary since the game seems to correlate that program. I don't have a GREAT amount of experience with RPG though, but I know the simple vocabulary words. This "list" of vocabulary might help me and Zel (or anyone else working on the game) communicate better with each other because I believe he once mentoned RPG, not sure what version though. Let me know. I am using beta 5. (NOT the X version)
for your first one Zel did that on purpose to keep track of the players which involve the phone. He will make proper names later.
2. never noticed
3. There is not egnough flying spots in the game to add.
Old October 3rd, 2008 (03:02 PM).
JJK
The chase is about to begin...

Location: Lisbon, Portugal, we owned half the world and we'll do it again
Quote:
I began to play the game again and I should have mentoned, but the picture when you enter a building is completly different than what it should be. Such as when entering the radio tower, it shows a picture of a cave! Is this to be a placeholder for his own pics or is this a "glitch" or what.....

I just finished taking out Team Rocket in Radio Tower and they vanished as text continued to appear on the screen. Check to see what that is all about. Now that I think about it, in Sprout Tower, when you walk "up a staircase" you are actually walking through it and I know this because I ran through with my ruinning shoes and I made it to the next "tile" before teleporting. That is all I can think of as of now.

A guy in the Radio Tower on the left side of the 4th floor mentions about "a strange broadcast on the radio in the ruins" however, the "radio" does not exist in the game, only the Fire Red TV (paradox?)

The tiles in Clare's Gym look like the old Pokemon Gold tilesets. Also, Why am I swimming in the lava, under the boulders? WHEN I LEFT THE GYM TO HEAL MY POKEMON AND CAME BACK THE BOULDERS RESET THEMSELVES!!!!!

What is the "The Path will only be revealed only to DRAGON MASTERS." about? Is my destiny to become a Dragon Master?
I just got back home. WHAT IS A PIKACHU DOING IN MY BACKYARD!!!!! Can I catch it please?

I just entered Kanto and I am not in the right place on the map.

Just entered Tojo Falls. Where is the waterfall HM? I'll check ice cave once more (location on Waterfall HM in G/S/C)

I saw an item, it might be the HM, but I don't know how to get to it

I saw on another fourm that he had a dratini that knew the waterfall HM and that the HM does not actually exist. Now I need to know where to find this "special" dratini.
1-Alredy noticed, by me actually. Dark Cave has a image with offices, they have beeen mistakenly switched.

2-If u're talking about the kanto tower, it's supposed to be that way, amanda is beating the crap out of the rockets. The sprout tower thing is known from the beggining.

3-I noticed it some time ago. It was simply a thing zel overlooked in the middle of the herculian work. I figure he's taking th etext directly from the original gold,, as he states the he hacks as he is advancing in the original gold.

4-Natural.

5-Part of the future plot. And try talking to pika with a space in your team.

6-To be fixed, know from the beggining.

7-Waterfall IS in the ice cave, look better, have in mind that it has been redisigned and is now much more difficult than in the original gold. And sorry, you were fooled by the dratini one.
Old October 3rd, 2008 (04:14 PM).
CrypticGirl
Beginning Trainer

I love this idea! My problem is I can't seem to save my progress. In the beginning, it says the 1MB circuit board is not installed. And when I try to save, it gives me a save error and tells me to exchange the backup memory. So how do I do that? Is it a problem with the ROM?

I even tried saving a battery file with the VBA, and that didn't work either.
Old October 4th, 2008 (04:42 AM).
JJK
The chase is about to begin...

Location: Lisbon, Portugal, we owned half the world and we'll do it again
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrypticGirl View Post
I love this idea! My problem is I can't seem to save my progress. In the beginning, it says the 1MB circuit board is not installed. And when I try to save, it gives me a save error and tells me to exchange the backup memory. So how do I do that? Is it a problem with the ROM?

I even tried saving a battery file with the VBA, and that didn't work either.
In VBA: Options>Emulator>Save>Flash 128k
should work
Old October 4th, 2008 (05:18 AM).
tentakilini
Beginning Trainer

I have some remixed music for your gold hack. If you would like to have it, I woul send it to you, but I don`t know how.
Old October 4th, 2008 (08:08 AM). Edited October 5th, 2008 by mattrdl.
mattrdl
Beginning Trainer

I like your idea. Its better because you know Pikachu is there and the little history is very good, just a bit long.
Old October 4th, 2008 (08:14 AM).
>Feelings<

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to >Feelings<
It's been a very long time since the release of the last beta.

So, is Zel even working on Beta 6, or better, the final version?
Old October 4th, 2008 (10:17 AM).
dirk123
Organization XIII

Send a message via AIM to dirk123
@gamingmaster: Zel has a job now, so he doesn't have a lot of time to work on the hack (only during weekends now IIRC). Beta 6 will be where the original Gold ended, which is the battle against RED in Mt Silver. Beta 7 will have a few mini islands and the rest of the legendaries. Then maybe a Beta 8 for certain fixes.

@Dougo007: You don't play Ash(RED) in this game. You play Gold, a totally different person. Although you do meet RED in Mt Silver and his mother in Pallet Town.
Pikachu is just one of the few hidden bonus pokemon in this game.

Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Walkthrough: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=2305
Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Pokemon Location FAQ: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=2735
Old October 4th, 2008 (10:21 AM).
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

I think he only put Ash as the name example. Thats why it is sometimes in brackets, it doesn't matter about the name... Anyway, I don't think his idea will be in beta 6, and it might be in the final version, but I have been wrong before.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old October 4th, 2008 (10:45 AM). Edited October 4th, 2008 by Christos.
Badshaw786
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
@gamingmaster: Zel has a job now, so he doesn't have a lot of time to work on the hack (only during weekends now IIRC). Beta 6 will be where the original Gold ended, which is the battle against RED in Mt Silver. Beta 7 will have a few mini islands and the rest of the legendaries. Then maybe a Beta 8 for certain fixes.

@Dougo007: You don't play Ash(RED) in this game. You play Gold, a totally different person. Although you do meet RED in Mt Silver and his mother in Pallet Town.
Pikachu is just one of the few hidden bonus pokemon in this game.
I called myself ASH in the game because that is what I am used to, but yes I guess the base name for the main character is Gold, sorry for the confusion. As far as the second part, I believe that it could be more than a "bonus" but this is only an idea I'm throwing out (since its still beta, it can still change until final release which will not be for a while)

This is a bit of a push but if my scenario proposal gets approved can we make pikachu walk behind "ASH"/"GOLD" when pikachu is in the party or is this (which is what I'm guessing) far too difficult (unless you can implement the "scripts/codes" from the man who keeps taking you to Brock's gym in Fire Red). This is one element that made Pokemon Yellow (the 1st game I ever owned!) so popular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamingmaster12 View Post
It's been a very long time since the release of the last beta.

So, is Zel even working on Beta 6, or better, the final version?

For once I completely agree with DIRK123, I checked Zel's profile and judging by his name and age he is in college (or has a job) the idea is the same. We all have very busy schedules. I checked your profile. You are only 14 years old, only old enough to be in HS if I'm not mistaken. you have so much more time being in HS than we do in College, give Zel a break ok. Just be glad that Zel is determined to finish the game. (Now I'm exaggerating) It could be anywhere from two weeks to two years.

To Dirk123: Is anyone else actually "working" on the project or is Zel the sole contributor/game designer Zel.

hi everyone! im new to this stuff, i download both files but how do yu play this! what do yu use, i mean what emulator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badshaw786 View Post
hi everyone! im new to this stuff, i download both files but how do yu play this! what do yu use, i mean what emulator?
1. Use VBA emulator
2. Get Pokemon Fire Red rom
3. Get ips file
4. download ipswin
5. patch the rom file
6. load rom file with emulator
Old October 4th, 2008 (10:51 AM).
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Quote:
For once I completely agree with DIRK123, I checked Zel's profile and judging by his name and age he is in college (or has a job) the idea is the same. We all have very busy schedules. I don't know your age so I don't know how familiar with the term "busy schedule". Just be glad that Zel is determined to finish the game.

To Dirk123: Is anyone else actually "working" on the project or is Zel the sole contributor/game designer Zel.
I think DARKSHADE is helping spriting. Thats all I know, cos he's my friend.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old October 4th, 2008 (11:37 AM).
Badshaw786
Beginning Trainer

Old October 4th, 2008 (11:59 AM).
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Nature: Modest
I have a question for Zel.
If he built Johto on the Sevii Islands then why is the paletting for the places in Kanto wierd in Beta 5 when I look at it in Advance Map 1.9?
Old October 4th, 2008 (12:03 PM).
spiritofsteel
Beginning Trainer

great job on the hack zel, i watched a lot of videos on youtube about this and i finally have the chance to play it now =)

my question to you (or anyone that could help me) is - where is the earliest place you can get a water stone in this game?
Old October 4th, 2008 (12:15 PM).
dirk123
Organization XIII

@Badshaw786:
Zel is doing the scripting&mapping IIRC, with 2 users making gold remixes for the game.

@Dougo007: Zel will eventually read the new posts from time to time. So he will eventually see your idea.
If you have an idea, contact Zel yourself or wait till he has read your post.

Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Walkthrough: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=2305
Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Pokemon Location FAQ: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=2735
Old October 4th, 2008 (12:59 PM).
DogboyShugo
Beginning Trainer

Can I get some info on what to do with the GS BAll? I went back to Kurt and he keeps saying hes busy after i talked to proffessor Elm about it.
Old October 4th, 2008 (01:13 PM).
muh316
pokemon trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to muh316
i wanted to ask is there a way to get my save file back from where i overwrited it i mean that me and my brother share our save files i get slot 1 to 5 and he gets slot 6 to 10 and i saved my game in slot 6 7 8 9 and 10 so i need to noe how do i get it back please i need a quick answer or its off with my head:15:: XD
oh yeah and DOUBLE POST

I LUUUUUVE MUDKIPZ
Old October 4th, 2008 (01:42 PM).
DogboyShugo
Beginning Trainer

I'm also trying to get to the powerplant. I've delt with team rocket at the safari zone, and celadon city. Where do you get the poke flute?
Old October 4th, 2008 (01:50 PM).
DogboyShugo
Beginning Trainer

You get it from the Lavander Radio Tower. 1st get the sliph scope and 2nd fix the powerplant. Then go to the station to get the flute.

note to Zel/Dirk123 Don't call the Pokeflute the expan card (it's a dumb idea) sry
Okay, I forgot about something. I just got the prototype and have no idea what to do with it. Is there a site with the full walkthrough on what to do? I don't want to keep bugging everyone. I don't even know how to get into the Radio Tower or get the sliph cope
Old October 4th, 2008 (02:26 PM).
DogboyShugo
Beginning Trainer

I foudn a walkthrough and finally beat Misty. I got the pokedoll for the copycat firl and that's the end of the beta. At least that's what it says.
Old October 4th, 2008 (02:39 PM).
dirk123
Organization XIII

Quote:
You get it from the Lavander Radio Tower. 1st get the sliph scope and 2nd fix the powerplant. Then go to the station to get the flute.

note to Zel/Dirk123 Don't call the Pokeflute the expan card (it's a dumb idea) sry
Why mention it to me. I'm not helping Zel with the hack.
I only wrote the Beta 4 Walktrough (Beta 5 walktrough will be made during my Autumn School Break)

Also, stop double posting Dougo007. You double posted several times in this topic, which is against the rules.

Old October 4th, 2008 (03:45 PM).
YuuNoKami Saka
Super Sentai, Mairu!

I know this is a tech question and I apologize to Zel in advance....

Quote:
(I don't know how to quote more than one person at a time.
You see the little button on the right side of the "QUOTE" button? Click that in all of the posts you want to respond to and then click the "Post Reply" button. All the posts that you want to quote will be in that new post. All you have to do is type what you want to say.
Old October 4th, 2008 (03:52 PM).
muh316
pokemon trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to muh316
Quote:
The rules explicitly state to not double post! If I understand this correctly you get 1-5 and he heas 6-10 and YOU saved in 6-10 by mistake. Yea I see your head in the basket now (you can't get it back unless you made a backup copy before you made your "deadly" mistake). :( Question: WHY DO YOU NEED FIVE STATE SAVES?

In the future I believe it would be best to make two copies of the game in two different folders so you can both have an "in game" save file. Just remember to have to correct folder. name the 1st folder your name and the 2nd folder your brother's name.

Off with my head he did and he called me a messed up kid (im 13 to be on the safe side so people dont think im 7) so im living a life of guilt and now he wont buy me a PSP service tool battery hes 18 and i use five states because look
state 1 :safest state only save in when important accomplishment done
state 2 :backup of state 1
state 3 :usual stuff like saving before a battle
state 4 :saved so opponent doesn't kill me in one attack
state 5 :used so my attacks are critical
Get It
thanks ill do that now

I LUUUUUVE MUDKIPZ
Old October 4th, 2008 (09:04 PM).
>Feelings<

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to >Feelings<
Quote:
From Badshaw786:

For once I completely agree with DIRK123, I checked Zel's profile and judging by his name and age he is in college (or has a job) the idea is the same. We all have very busy schedules. I checked your profile. You are only 14 years old, only old enough to be in HS if I'm not mistaken. you have so much more time being in HS than we do in College, give Zel a break ok. Just be glad that Zel is determined to finish the game. (Now I'm exaggerating) It could be anywhere from two weeks to two years.
Gimme a break. You are even newer than me in this forum and to hacking in itself. I know Zel is a Busy guy, and I never complained about him not working. I just wanted to know if he IS working or did he give up. I'm not complaining, Sheesh...

And where did you get all that psychic ability to guess that Zel is in college or has a job from his NAME? None of the name here are real names, you know. Yes, it is true that Zel has also got a job, but how the hell do you know it from his NAME? And yeah, I being a college student, cannot be a 14 year old. Who told you I'm 14, your "psychic ability"?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links