The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase

Notices

Hacks Showcase Want to play a hack? Here, you can play some good quality hacks… or you can make your own and submit it here! (Unless you can show a significant amount of development, your hack starts at the "Progressing Hacks" forum first.)
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 7th, 2008, 03:25 AM
c7777
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
I can't get FLASH in the support tower in the end.
why?
Old October 7th, 2008, 03:29 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Sarcastic Prince
Quote:
Originally Posted by c7777 View Post
I can't get FLASH in the support tower in the end.
why?
Hmm, it's because you've a patching prob.
Old October 7th, 2008, 03:32 AM
cal_cal_100
Beginning Trainer

whats beta V5 or V4 coz im playin at the moment shiny gold X V5 and i wanted to know if its the latest

better* in stead of beta coz i was just wondering if V5 is better than V4

Last edited by Spheal; October 7th, 2008 at 08:19 AM.
Old October 7th, 2008, 03:35 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_cal_100 View Post
whats beta V5 or V4 coz im playin at the moment shiny gold X V5 and i wanted to know if its the latest
V5= Beta 5.

So, yeah, it's the lastest.
Old October 7th, 2008, 02:14 PM
the dark one
A.E. (or) MEWKWOS (bwahahaha)

Location: I reside in sevral locations but my curent is you're dreams.
Hey Zel,
I've already downloaded you're game again (its always so fun^^),
you may not remember this (or me) but i sent you a farfetch'd overworld about a year ago, and I was wondering if I could convince you to put it in sooner if i made a walking/flying frame ;P. (Please ignore the below if the red gyaradose's colour tone has been changed.) And I'm starting to think the gyaradose sprite is a bit bronze/gold coloured then red, and I would be delighted if you asked me to make the sprite more red^^.
Please reply soon.

The Dark One

p.s.
the gyaradose overworld looks fantastic!
Old October 7th, 2008, 02:42 PM
stychar
Beginning Trainer

Hello everybody, this hack is very great, good job. Will there be Viridian Forest? I want Viridian Forest please.

Last edited by stychar; October 8th, 2008 at 06:14 AM.
Old October 8th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Nature: Modest
Hey, Zel hope you are doing ok in your job. I love shiny gold and I love the SS. Aqua storyline with Team Rocket.
Old October 8th, 2008, 11:38 AM
nick11202
Beginning Trainer

I love playing this game and can't stop! Keep up the good work zel!
Old October 8th, 2008, 12:52 PM
ryan123456789019
Beginning Trainer

was there a virdian forest in gold version no. it was jsut a little path. so that is how it will look in shiny gold.
Old October 8th, 2008, 03:10 PM
elchigon2008
Booted out - don't be like me!

Old October 8th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Zeikku™
Johto remaker

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zeikku™
Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
I dont think so. I could have changed it to the DP one, but I guess it's overused now. So, I'll stick with the FR one, with the palettes I've put in.

Progress? Well, since I finished the minigames, now I have to do two Trick House puzzles. Then I should pay some attention to all the music stuff clonex and Magnius have been working on, and then...
...the pain, killing bugs and testing, dont you all hate that?
Well, The D/P mountains aren't really overused I don't think, not until you use them (i'll think then...they'll get used a lot) everyone at the moment seem to stick to rocks found within FR/R/S/E, WAH actually have some nice D/P styled mountains, which no ones seems to use that's if you ever decided to change them.
Either way the palette goes fine with the FR mountains :D
I know palettes and certain tiles can be a pain
Killing bugs and testing is annoying,
I go through that enough with Liquid crystal and Clear Diamond
Regarding music, I have done a load of GSC/ D/P mixes so if you ever want to hear those I'd be glad to send. Just send a PM :D
Well good luck, make us proud!

Follow me on Twitter by clicking on my signature.
Old October 9th, 2008, 03:50 AM
smashmaniac2008
GONNA SMSH YOU INTO TINY BITS!

Can you replace Carlos w/ Crys for Shiny Gold.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 9th, 2008, 03:59 AM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by stychar View Post
Hello everybody, this hack is very great, good job. Will there be Viridian Forest? I want Viridian Forest please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan123456789019 View Post
was there a virdian forest in gold version no. it was jsut a little path. so that is how it will look in shiny gold.
I remember zel's post about Viridian Forest.
At first when zel was playing Gold, when he was in Viridian Forest, we was like 'that's it?'...

So yeah, Shiny Gold's Viridian Forest will be the same as Gold was... :\

Deforestation, I guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashmaniac2008 View Post
Replace Carlos? o.O
That's zel's character in the game, so no, Carlos won't be replaced, or do you mean something else? :\
Old October 9th, 2008, 04:26 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Quote:
Why? Why would you want Carlos to dissapear? He's funny sometimes.

And you mean you hate Carlos?
Old October 9th, 2008, 05:09 AM
⋚Raika⋚
Trainer

Nature: Quiet
this is my fav hack of the year you rock zel!!! x3

I don't believe in myself! I believe in my Pokemon who believe in me!!!
Farewell, Hikari (Ampharos), Team Raika will never forget you!
Old October 9th, 2008, 06:32 AM
tentakilini
Beginning Trainer

Two questions: Will there be a radio instead of ths radio visio andhow many new islands will be in shiny gold?
Old October 9th, 2008, 06:49 AM
Jaymond
Rattata Trainer

This game is excellent. The difficulty on it is a challenge compared to other hacks. You are a god amongst insects Zel keep up the good work....

http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa56/Jaymond_RMXP/
Old October 9th, 2008, 08:26 AM
El Moss
General Cool Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan123456789019 View Post
I don't know. Techniacally it's a dungeon, so Zel might make it better, there wasn't an (accessible) safari zone in Gold either.

No one can beat a girafarig -And if they can, they're cheating!
Old October 9th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Nature: Modest
If Zel does put Viridian Forest in Shiny Gold, it'll probably be home to a legendary Pokemon.
Old October 9th, 2008, 08:54 AM
muh316
pokemon trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to muh316
i have a problem i beat the pokemon league and now i cant save my data to continue the game it says this " Please Exchange the bakup memory" what do i do, what do i do? my save type is Flash 128k im using VBA 1.7.2

I LUUUUUVE MUDKIPZ
Old October 9th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Enuo
Beginning Trainer

I didn't see this problem listed in any of the bugs or problems and such...Well, I fixed my save problem...Sorta. I can save, and it'll show up when I reset the game...But, when I close out the emulator and then load it back up again, it makes me start a new game. I'd really like to get this problem sorted out before I start my second run through the game, if possible.
Old October 9th, 2008, 10:44 AM
adeem
Beginning Trainer

Hi! What about the moves thunderbolt, flamethrower or ice beam? can we teach them to our pokes?
Old October 9th, 2008, 06:03 PM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by the dark one View Post
Hey Zel,
I've already downloaded you're game again (its always so fun),
you may not remember this (or me) but i sent you a farfetch'd overworld about a year ago, and I was wondering if I could convince you to put it in sooner if i made a walking/flying frame ;P. (Please ignore the below if the red gyaradose's colour tone has been changed.) And I'm starting to think the gyaradose sprite is a bit bronze/gold coloured then red, and I would be delighted if you asked me to make the sprite more red.
Please reply soon.

The Dark One

p.s.
the gyaradose overworld looks fantastic!
I remember about Farfetch's sprite, but not sure about the user (I still have the PM, though), if you think you can make a walking sprite, go ahead. But, I'm not sure about if I have created a space for the Farfetch'd to begin with... Have I? :\

And, I inserted the Red Gyarados already. In fact, I just took the same sprite from MD and recolored it to Red, that was pretty basic. I received yours, but we've probably done the same process, and, since now my palettes for overworlds are fixed, it'll have to look as it'll look in the B6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stychar View Post
As you got told, I basically remap the internal caves, but for the exterior maps, I leave everything as it was in the original. Why? Because the exteriors are probably the maps that we remember more from the original, and I want to keep that feel. Obviously, I may add a building here and there, but creating a full Viridian Forest would be a too drastic change, and, in the end, it'd be just like keeping FR as it was. No, I want to change that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synyster_Zeikku View Post
Well, The D/P mountains aren't really overused I don't think, not until you use them (i'll think then...they'll get used a lot) everyone at the moment seem to stick to rocks found within FR/R/S/E, WAH actually have some nice D/P styled mountains, which no ones seems to use that's if you ever decided to change them.
Either way the palette goes fine with the FR mountains :D
I know palettes and certain tiles can be a pain
Killing bugs and testing is annoying,
I go through that enough with Liquid crystal and Clear Diamond
Regarding music, I have done a load of GSC/ D/P mixes so if you ever want to hear those I'd be glad to send. Just send a PM :D
Well good luck, make us proud!
I'll stick with the FR tiles for the mountains. Unless I get bored of them.

I can feel curious about the mixes. Specially in hearing how they sound when inserted. If you want to show me that, I'd like to.
Oh yeah, on the weekend, when I reenable my PMing.

Quote:
CARLOS: How you dare to say THAT!!!?

ZEL: And Crystal is the heroine, I dont want them to cross each other because that'd be like in RSE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tentakilini View Post
Two questions: Will there be a radio instead of ths radio visio andhow many new islands will be in shiny gold?
I'll be making a script for the radios inside the houses, but it's an extra, and as such, it'd be for the last release.

There are two islands in this new region-like-islands-stuff, but only the smallest will be explorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeem View Post
Hi! What about the moves thunderbolt, flamethrower or ice beam? can we teach them to our pokes?
They exist as TMs, so yeah. Thing is getting them, obviously.

And, the saving problems and the E4 problems are all related. Seriously, I wont answer those questions, but someone else will do it, sooner or later. I'm happy that I'll include the instructions in that "Memory Backup" message and THAT WAY we'll get rid of "why cant I save/why game returns when I defeat E4" posts.

Old October 9th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Ryousha
Waiting for PokeSpe HG/SS

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ryousha
"
CARLOS: How you dare to say THAT!!!?

ZEL: And Crystal is the heroine, I dont want them to cross each other because that'd be like in RSE.
"

Humor ftw.

Btw, Zel. never knew u restarted the thread... lol
Old October 10th, 2008, 03:56 AM
adeem
Beginning Trainer

Zel: No, in GSC these moves were not TM moves, they could be learned by a move tutor Goldenrod for some game corner coins (but yeah it was only in crystal version, but i think i'm not the only one who you would make happy with these moves ). TM moves were the elemental punches.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links