The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 10th, 2008, 05:36 AM
JJK
The chase is about to begin...

Location: Lisbon, Portugal, we owned half the world and we'll do it again
Quote:
Originally Posted by adeem View Post
Zel: No, in GSC these moves were not TM moves, they could be learned by a move tutor Goldenrod for some game corner coins (but yeah it was only in crystal version, but i think i'm not the only one who you would make happy with these moves ). TM moves were the elemental punches.
zel modified the TM list to look GSC-ish, but he kept some of them, like those 3.

And i think all us who've been here for a while are sick of the save issues, and that happens because ppl DON'T check the 1st page, they only care about is the download and the page they're posting in. I think the only way to solve this would be to put a header on each page telling ppl to go to the 1st page for all those issues, but unfortunatly i don't think the forums (or vbulletin at all) support that...
Old October 10th, 2008, 07:19 AM
gray2345
The Pig Apocalypse is coming!

that so so cool i think that it amazing that you made phone booth in replace of the cell phone!
Old October 10th, 2008, 10:43 AM
abyssthesavior
i will never dissapear........

i need help on this...i dont think this counts as double posting but...sometime between obtaining my 4th badge and preparing to catch lapras i lost all my tms(but not my hms...go figure...) can somebody tell me what i may have done to cause it...or will i have to re download the latest shiny gold rom? thats something i dont wanna do but if theres no other choice...

abyssthesavior

*click!!*....DOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMSSSDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!
*abyss's music plays*
Old October 10th, 2008, 05:56 PM
aznking
Beginning Trainer

sorry if this is off topic but im trying to find a hack of emerald. the creator has a pic of a black charizard set to default, and in the hack there's a totidile causing mischief everywhere you go. again im sorry that this is off topic.
Old October 10th, 2008, 06:17 PM
MrsMime
Humanshape Pokemon

Nature: Calm
This game is absolutely awesome. I've played alot of Pokemon hacks (especially of FR) but this is by far, hands down, the best. After reading through zel's first post more thoroughly I only just realized that I downloaded "X"! I was wondering why it was so hard! XD

Good job; nearly immaculate, and it's great to have a challenge. Kudos man!
Old October 11th, 2008, 01:50 AM
JJK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMime View Post
This game is absolutely awesome. I've played alot of Pokemon hacks (especially of FR) but this is by far, hands down, the best. After reading through zel's first post more thoroughly I only just realized that I downloaded "X"! I was wondering why it was so hard! XD

Good job; nearly immaculate, and it's great to have a challenge. Kudos man!
Ah it's not so hard, if i knew anything about scripting i would ask permission to make a XX version...
The problem would be that in the X version the pokes will reach lv. anyway, so it would be a question of filling up falkners team and such
Old October 11th, 2008, 03:21 AM
the dark one
A.E. (or) MEWKWOS (bwahahaha)

Location: I reside in sevral locations but my curent is you're dreams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zel View Post
I remember about Farfetch's sprite, but not sure about the user (I still have the PM, though), if you think you can make a walking sprite, go ahead. But, I'm not sure about if I have created a space for the Farfetch'd to begin with... Have I? :\

And, I inserted the Red Gyarados already. In fact, I just took the same sprite from MD and recolored it to Red, that was pretty basic. I received yours, but we've probably done the same process, and, since now my palettes for overworlds are fixed, it'll have to look as it'll look in the B6.
I have a few questions about you're post. 1.
Quote:
I remember about Farfetch's sprite, but not sure about the user
What do you mean "the user"? 2.
Quote:
I inserted the Red Gyarados already. In fact, I just took the same sprite from MD and recolored it to Red,
What is "MD"? And, are you talking about, the overworld or, the sprite you see in battle (like I was)? 3. Please keep in mind; I have not created a great hack like SG (or finnished ANY hack for that matter) so please forgive my meny questions. You're post has given me an idea, maybe the gyarados could swim in circles (due to its rage), and perhaps (if you like this idea), if you're directly in front of it it triggers the battle. I am aware that the gyarados is stationary in pokemon gold but i think it would be a nice adition to the game, I am not sure if this is posible (or if you want to do it)
but, this is YOU'RE GAME and you must do as you see fit, no-matter what anyone says, and, I'm sure this will be a spectaculer game, no wait, I KNOW IT WILL.

the dark one.

p.s.
feal free to use my idea in anyway you see fit (including editting it).
Old October 11th, 2008, 03:28 AM
Da Man
The One and Only

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by the dark one View Post
What is "MD"?.
Mystery Dungeon, there's been 4 pokemon games so far (2 in both series)
Old October 11th, 2008, 07:52 AM
yoshi12370
Bouncing along!

Nature: Quirky
Im stuck! I'm in the last gym and I did all the boulders puzzle but I can't reach clair! the boulder's there but I can't go to clair!

Current ship obsession: Mustardshipping
(Is Yoshi-san on BMGf)
Old October 11th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Imaginate
Beginning Trainer

Question, after having read the point on the first problem about the save, it says to delete all the save files, then change to flash 128 kb and load. Very well, but wouldnt this delete your save files as you.. chuck em out? and what would there be to load.. Ive just beaten the E4 and I need to save proper to continue, if I can only do this by deleting my file, I think you couldve put the message up a bit bigger o.o
Old October 11th, 2008, 09:10 AM
abyssthesavior

well i found out my tms were nevver lost but somehow were(and still are) just inaccessable...but idk if this is the place to ask but...in the newer download i got...i tested the gameshark wpm to find mudkip but...i couldnt...then i used the EXACT same code to find it in the other shiny gold game and...i found it...how can a code for a single game be useable in one copy and unuseable in the other when theyre both the same thing?!?!?!?!?! someone please help me on this!!!

abyssthesavior

*click!* DOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMSSSSDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!! *abyss's music plays*
Old October 11th, 2008, 11:26 AM
mattaceten
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abyssthesavior View Post
well i found out my tms were nevver lost but somehow were(and still are) just inaccessable...but idk if this is the place to ask but...in the newer download i got...i tested the gameshark wpm to find mudkip but...i couldnt...then i used the EXACT same code to find it in the other shiny gold game and...i found it...how can a code for a single game be useable in one copy and unuseable in the other when theyre both the same thing?!?!?!?!?! someone please help me on this!!!
dunno why it wont work...but zel says cheats shouldnt be used anyway. it ruins the game. find a mudkip on ur own (hint: its in a cave)
Old October 11th, 2008, 12:10 PM
MrsMime
Humanshape Pokemon

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJK View Post
Ah it's not so hard, if i knew anything about scripting i would ask permission to make a XX version...
The problem would be that in the X version the pokes will reach lv. anyway, so it would be a question of filling up falkners team and such
No, but compared to the Nintendo-sealed Pokemon Gold it was quite a step up. I love it though. :D
Old October 11th, 2008, 01:47 PM
abyssthesavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattaceten View Post
dunno why it wont work...but zel says cheats shouldnt be used anyway. it ruins the game. find a mudkip on ur own (hint: its in a cave)

...<_<...o_o...dude i knew where its at...but right now i guess ill find it and ralts w/out the codes...yea i found out where ralts is located...u wana know where? heres a hint...its the final part of a nursery rhyme song..."next time wont u sing with me?" if u cant figure it out then...well its actually impossible not to figure it out...lol XD thanx anyway

abyssthesavior

*click* ....DOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMSSSDAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!
*abyss's music plays*

P.S. if u cant figure it out then PM me k?
Old October 11th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Dark Sakurati
Gone

Okay, I don't know if this has been reported but...In Ilex Forest, the shrine walk in front of it players head choped off (Tile glitch), outside of Ice Path...the snow mountain, look carefully at the bottem level you will see snow that goes straight into grass (Tile glitch), anyways I got a problem, I got the ghostbuster but...I need to find the guy who knows how to use it (Please help) thank you anyone who helps
Old October 11th, 2008, 07:37 PM
abyssthesavior

well i figured out sumthin...strangly enough i can use the wpm to encounter certain pokemon in the grass...but not where they are normally found...the pokemon im talkin bout is ralts...anyone care to help? and its firered gameshark wpm cheat...i need to know why i can encounter ralts in grass w/wpm but not in ruins of alph w/wpm...eh probably will be different with mudkips...if this is a double post then i apologize for that...
Old October 11th, 2008, 07:42 PM
SonicBlue777
Very Expieranced Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SonicBlue777
K i got a question about the goldenrod city gambling area, one of the prizes is a charmander... soo if i were to restart and pick todadile (currently Im with Cyndaquil) and went back would it still be Charmander or a Squrritle?..

someone reply to me asap if you know this xD

Old October 11th, 2008, 08:50 PM
deadlyangel91792
Psn Id-Sirbagsalot

it would still be charmander but if i were u i would get chickorita as a starter then capture a mudkip in the cave u go through to get to azalea town then get charmander at the game place

Old October 11th, 2008, 09:12 PM
⋚Raika⋚
Trainer

Nature: Quiet
uhh version X is the harder one? no wonder the chikorita was so tough! ( i had to train my totodile to lv 14 to beat the rival's lv 8 chikorita lol)

I don't believe in myself! I believe in my Pokemon who believe in me!!!
Farewell, Hikari (Ampharos), Team Raika will never forget you!
Old October 11th, 2008, 09:37 PM
SonicBlue777
Very Expieranced Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SonicBlue777
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyangel91792 View Post
it would still be charmander but if i were u i would get chickorita as a starter then capture a mudkip in the cave u go through to get to azalea town then get charmander at the game place

I hate grass types, lol

but I'm intrigued how/where do you get the Mudskip o.0? like where in the water in the union cave? with the old rod? is it very rare? reply back il just get the larvitar then lol

Old October 11th, 2008, 10:05 PM
deathmoon
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBlue777 View Post
I hate grass types, lol

but I'm intrigued how/where do you get the Mudskip o.0? like where in the water in the union cave? with the old rod? is it very rare? reply back il just get the larvitar then lol
Problem is that larvitar is 100k...... However, it could take up to 2 hours to find mudkip, it normally takes me approximately that long to find one while playing through the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRaikaX View Post
uhh version X is the harder one? no wonder the chikorita was so tough! ( i had to train my totodile to lv 14 to beat the rival's lv 8 chikorita lol)

I thought that stupid slowpoke was harder... I mean ffs... It can curse and spam yawn at lv 5...

Last edited by Blazichu; October 12th, 2008 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Double Posting!
Old October 12th, 2008, 12:39 AM
dirk123
Organization XIII

Send a message via AIM to dirk123
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBlue777 View Post
I hate grass types, lol

but I'm intrigued how/where do you get the Mudskip o.0? like where in the water in the union cave? with the old rod? is it very rare? reply back ^^ il just get the larvitar then lol ^^
It's in the same room when you first enter the game.
It is on the normal ground, not in the water.
Chances of finding one are very low, although some people find one after their 3rd or 4th encounter.

Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Walkthrough: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=2305
Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Pokemon Location FAQ: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=2735
Old October 12th, 2008, 02:12 AM
clonex25
PM disabled until notice...

zel, that last minigame's worth the challenge! im am drooling for beta6 (jokes!)

BTW to all the GSC music fanatics, i've included two versions of the low-pitched johto wild pokemon battle (due to insistent public demand). click in the link under my signature.

I hvae updated the GBA Music Looping thread. It now has a tutorial for looping multiple-tracked S Files. Click the link below:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=118722

Due to popular demand, I have lowered the Wild Pokemon Theme (with two versions) and added it in my music collection thread:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=139756

Next STOP: To make guidelines regarding GBA music tracks
Old October 12th, 2008, 02:59 AM
JJK

As for Mudkip: Yes, it is hard to find, I was lucky to find one after half an hour, but by that time all my pokes in lvs 13/14, so i had to struggle him to low health (?!), otherwise either he escaped or i knocked him out...
But beleive me, Swampert is a very very hot ingame poke, his balanced stats allow him to do almost everything, and good. I play the X version, and in the hardest match (last with amelia) i had my pokes almost 15 lvs below her's, and swampy knocked out 2 of them...
Believe me, it is worth all the hassle.
Old October 12th, 2008, 03:29 AM
Hoshiko Aki

Great hack. I love this hack :D
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links