• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
Hey, have you tried the trick in Emerald yet? I really wanna know if it works. And my DS keeps freezing, so I may go on hold for the hunt for now, so IDK. GL all!

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Hey all, congrats lord danswich on that shiny Female mudkip, trumps my male mudkip I got on the 2nd, yay for complete hoenn starter sets!! Lol I can't even get the Sinnoh set started. Stupid turtwig still fails to shine, I only have this week left since I'm stopping Nov.1 so I can get on with the game and download the Rotom Key before it expires. I've also been hunting Entei of all things on my Colo. each SR is about 4 mins so I've done about 105 SRs so far. I hope I can get one moe shiny before the months end. Hmm maybe I should try searching for a spooky shiny just for halloween's sake, I already have most ghosts though, so maybe a dark type. Good luck on everyone's hunts!

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Hey, have you tried the trick in Emerald yet? I really wanna know if it works. And my DS keeps freezing, so I may go on hold for the hunt for now, so IDK. GL all!

I haven't because Quiet isn't the best of natures, which is why I didn't do it on that Emerald.

I. am. pooped.

I had a long, long, tiring day... I don't feel like doing anything right now..

I fail.

Last edited:

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
lmao!

Yeah, you can do that. In fact it's the easier method thanks to D/P and it's weird "get a fish every 3 minutes" deal.

It comes at the cost of not being able to Synchronize a nature though...
But as frustrating as it is to fish in the games that can Synchronize things, this may be the way to go.

You can also do this is R/S/E, in Sootopolis City. Prferably Emerald since Synchronization works there. Magikarps are on the surface area. Just SURF around a while, or use Sweet Scent.

I may try this in my 2nd Emerald.... hmmm......

Thanks for giving me the idea dude!

3rd Gen shinies FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111

Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..

edit:

I just realized I can do this on my new GBA SP.

Epic. :D
Or preferably NOT in Emerald, seeing as how Emerald is a horrible game to go shiny hunting on...

Furthermore, it's actually faster to FISH for Magikarp on FR/LG. So you're wasting your time if you're soft resetting for it.

If you REALLY want a shiny Magikarp that badly, though, and you don't want to fish for it on FR/LG (seeing as how that's the fastest method) or you simply don't have FR/LG, you're better off breeding. At least that way it can have good IVs or a good nature.

Just my two cents.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Bleh, fishing for shinies sucks. I always wanted a shiny Magikarp but I'm hunting in DP. I'm double hunting for Horsea too and I'm ready with an Adamant synchronizer.. Which is why I think it's better than fishing in FR/LG. c:

Congrats on the Mudkip! Also, good luck to ya'll on your hunts! Cresselia and Articuno are starting to be a pain in the.. Feebas. \D

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
Or preferably NOT in Emerald, seeing as how Emerald is a horrible game to go shiny hunting on...

Furthermore, it's actually faster to FISH for Magikarp on FR/LG. So you're wasting your time if you're soft resetting for it.

If you REALLY want a shiny Magikarp that badly, though, and you don't want to fish for it on FR/LG (seeing as how that's the fastest method) or you simply don't have FR/LG, you're better off breeding. At least that way it can have good IVs or a good nature.

Just my two cents.

Horrible? Horrible?

Emerald (the first one) gave me my first shiny Pokemon ever in just like 80 resets.

That same Emerald also gave me my shiny Totodile.

"Fishing on FR/LG" isn't the fastest method, especially when you get "Not even a nibble" 8 times in a row.
Bludycomicsinc. gave the fastest method: SRing on FR/LG for it inside the Pokemon Center just before Mt. Moon.

I'm doing this on Emerald, but I'm NOT fishing. I mentioned what I'm going to do before:
Use a Synchro and Sweet Scent in Sootopolis City. It's fast. It's probably the 2nd fastest method, it might even be faster than SRing for it in FR/LG.

Yeah yeah Emerald has a "weird RNG" but I don't really give a crap. I'm going with it. It's been good to me.

I'm finally inside Sootopolis City, but I'm not ready yet. I still need to level up and get False Swipe, and then buy up some Premier Balls. I think I'm going to go ahead and finish the Sootopolis Event with Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza, by the time it's over my Sceptile should know the move.

*UPDATE*

If it makes you feel any better I've decided to do it both on FR2 and Emerald2, SRing in FR2 and doing what I do in Emerald.
Maybe it'll help me get it faster, and get me into a better mood.

Last edited:

Tabatha

A figment of your imgination
Years
hey guys!

Well I was chaining for a shiny Doduo yesterday while playing world of warcraft, I'm pretty good at multitasking....but apparently not good enough.....my chain broke at 25 -_- and it was after midnight so I couldn't start again....I'm a little bummed out cause it's a pretty sweet shiny imo, oh well I'm gonna see what's swarming later for chaining, if it's nothing good then I'll head back to my oddish.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
I was wondering if I could join this club? I have 42 SR/random/hatched shinies, as listed in my signature, and I also have several chained shinies. My latest shiny is a Torchic that I got in Emerald, 10 minutes after changing my ID. Took at least 950 total SR's to get it.

My current targets are Qwilfish by hatching and Lileep/Platinum Giratina/Palkia(plus many more) by SRing. I have 1170 eggs hatched in hopes of a purple Qwilfish popping out of an egg.

Last edited:

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Horrible? Horrible?

Emerald (the first one) gave me my first shiny Pokemon ever in just like 80 resets.

That same Emerald also gave me my shiny Totodile.

Wow, two shinies. Guess your Emerald is GREAT for getting shinies now!

I've gotten four or five shinies from the same Emerald. You don't see me completely relying on it when I shiny hunt!

Don't let your past experiences get in the way of the fact that Emerald isn't the best game to hunt on.

"Fishing on FR/LG" isn't the fastest method, especially when you get "Not even a nibble" 8 times in a row.
That's assuming you get "Not even a nibble"...There's no certainty that you'll get "Not even a nibble". Theoretically, you could go thousands of times and hook a fish every time.

One fishing trial is faster than one soft reset, methinks.

I'm doing this on Emerald, but I'm NOT fishing. I mentioned what I'm going to do before:
Use a Synchro and Sweet Scent in Sootopolis City. It's fast. It's probably the 2nd fastest method, it might even be faster than SRing for it in FR/LG.
I guess we have different values when it comes to shinies. If I wanted a shiny Magikarp with a good nature, I'd just breed for it.

Yeah yeah Emerald has a "weird RNG" but I don't really give a crap. I'm going with it. It's been good to me.
So basically you're telling me that you're ignoring what has been determined as fact? As a shiny hunter, it seems rather silly to do what would give you the LOWEST chances of finding a shiny...

If it makes you feel any better
This is more about me than you...I'm just trying to help you save time!

:D

I wonder where MetalMario is?

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years

I see you took my bait.

I'm not sure if I find it funny or a little ridiculous, but I thank you for the help. I may decide to breed it, but either way, it'll take a long time. And it's beginning to wear on me, which is why I've decided to take a little break again from Pokemon until everything gets settled out in the competitive department. I won't stop completely (I still want that Pidgey for my friend, and about 3 others) but I'm going to slack up a bit. I have a lot, a LOT of games to catch up on.

hey guys!

Well I was chaining for a shiny Doduo yesterday while playing world of warcraft,

Yeah thats whats taking up most of my time lol.

... mine being Star Wars Battlefront 2 and a slew (at least 8 or 10) games I haven't really touched on yet, all thanks to Pokemon.

A friend of mine told me the other night that if a game becomes work, he won't/will stop playing it.
So that got me to thinking about Pokemon, it's fun but they way I play is like that. I only have 4 Pokemon on my list that I really need/want at the time, I'll squeeze them in somehow.

In addition to the games I already have that I need to clear up and out, next month Animal Crossing and Sonic Unleashed come out, and I'm definitely getting those, especially Animal Crossing.

So, good luck everyone in everything you're doing.....

I wonder where MetalMario is?

In the shadows, of course.
Why so serious, son? :P

Years
Yeah, he's been missing lately! =O
But I may not go after a shiny Shaymin, IF I can find one with PERFECT IV's first. Maybe I can get lucky!

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
Yeah, I just nabbed a good IV'd one, so yeahz. And Aaryn's been gone FOR OVER A YEAR! *GASP*

Yeah.... don't think he cares. No telling what he's doing...
I think, I think he may have came back once but I just can't remember.

Initiate Project Red Dragon, Blue Sparkplug, Purple Barnacle and I forgot the other, lol.

Golden Bird. =P

Yeah right.

Good luck everyone....
I dislike how quiet it has become here..

Come on make some noise
Girls rock your boys

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
xD DDD
I'm thinking about chaining a Bagon for my team, worth a shot?

I guess it'd be worth it, but if you're gonna be serious about it, take your time and once you get to that sweet spot, take your time and catch as many as you think you'll need, even if it takes a week.

But if you want, you could try hatching one, but it might not garner any success.

Tabatha

A figment of your imgination
Years
Hey everyone!
Great news!!!!
So I was chaining Oddish during my lectures...like I always do....and my chain breaks at like 20 -_- (No not the great news) So I go.....well I guess it's time to start again.....and what happens to me?!??!?!? Well at the mere chain of one Oddish a shiny patch appears!!!!!!! Anyways so my prof in statistics class asks this question like how many people think this is a valid claim....and I'm so excited about finally getting my shiny Oddish that I'm not really paying attention and my hand flies up in the air and she's all like only one....turns out I was the only person in a lecture of about 250 people who put up their hand.....and I was wrong -_-
Anyways I'm super excited about my shiny Oddish but at the same time kind of sad because my chain broke later and I only ended up with one....when I need 2 (atleast...it would have been nice to have options) so I guess I'll still be chaining Oddish during lectures.

Years
Congrats Tabsies, and nice new Av DAWG McDDD =P
Anyways, after I'm finished with the discovery of a brand new shortcut in tweaking to Darkrai, (Yes, I AM record breaker!!!) I'm gonna go after a shiny Bagon. If I can get one with a good nature, and great IV's, it will be on my GOOD team as well. Wish me luck, and I shall too!!!

Back