The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old November 15th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Hardy Har Har
Oh dear, oh my...

Send a message via Yahoo to Hardy Har Har Send a message via Skype™ to Hardy Har Har

Advertise here

Many of my friends are thinking what game I am making. Well, this is it...

Made with: RPG Maker XP
Language: English

General Info
Pokémon Flame of Destiny is designed using Poccil's amazing Pokémon Essentials.
It is set in the regions of Azruf(first) and Shanoux(second), commonly known as the Bibbur-Si Continent, which is enclosed in the triangle of Hoenn, Johto, and Fiore. (In other words, south of Fiore, west of Johto, and east of Hoenn.)
It is set in Advanced Generation style due to RPGXP limitations.
It will feature all 493 Pokémon, but some have new evolution methods due to the lack of some RSE/DP-Pt features.
Some of the in-game tilesets are custom tilesets that I ripped from somewhere(though I forgot where I ripped them).
Unlike some Essentials games, Pokémon Flame of Destiny will feature a revised Platinum battle system(no Trainer front-sprite animations yet)! Yes, Pokémon Flame of Destiny will feature new Platinum formes, abilities, and attacks!

Legends:
Creation Myth of Sinnoh
In the void, there was nothing.
From the void emerged the Original One.
It created the deities of time and space.
Thus, time begin to spin.
Space began to expand.
However, the new universe seemed empty.
The Original One created three beings, the Beings of Knowledge, Emotion and Willpower.
The three new beings created the world.
Thus, the Original One rested into eternal slumber.

Thousands of years have passed.

Legend of the Bibbur-Si Continent
The Land of Bibbur-Si is home of two peaceful regions, the Regions of the Beast of the Sea and of the Guardian of the Sky.
However, war has started in the border of the two regions.
It has known that the cause of the war is the Renegade Pokémon, turning men into evil.
The Beings of Knowledge, Emotion and Willpower learned of the chaos.
So they give new life to four new Pokémon.
The first one can burn even the strongest foe.
The second one burns the foe when enraged.
The third one can inflict a burn on a single kick.
And, the fourth one burns a foe with all its limbs.
The four new Pokémon battled the Renegade Pokémon, and so they defeated it.
On the northern and the southern areas of Bibbur-Si,
They split up to watch the men, watching every move.
In the north, the second and third Pokémon watch.
The others are at the south, watching everything.
That is the legend of the Land of Bibbur-Si.

Main Storyline:
You, as a young trainer-to-be, lives at the Azruf Region. It's your first day with a Pokémon. You went to the lab of the Continental Professor(Professor Cleo) to get your first Pokemon. After you got a trendy S.S. Ticket from a house in your hometown, you'll find out that a Trainer, who wants to be your rival, battles you. Your quest: win the Bibbur-Si League, travel to Fiore, and accept few ranger missions. Sounds easy, doesn't it?
As you advance into the game, a sinister team is in the Indragiri Forest, harassing a youngster who is looking for an Exeggcute! The sinister team is known as Team C.A.T.(Citizenship Advancement Training), which is after the four mysterious Pokémon hiding in the whole continent! They wanted to capture them for their "training" plans! Team C.A.T. kidnaps Trainers from the whole continent, and trains them to become their officials! The poor Trainers who are kidnapped are not allowed to eat, drink, or even sleep! The fate of the Bibbur-si Continent depends on you! Can you stop Team C.A.T.? Or will the Bibbur-Si Continent fall into ruin?

Information about the villainous team:
Team C.A.T. (known as Citizenship Advancement Training) is after the four mysterious Pokémon in the whole Bibbur-Si continent. The villainous team is founded by a strange Trainer named Ben John, with almost the same personality as Cyrus. He wanted to capture the four mysterious Pokémon. To fulfill his dream, what he did is to command some of his students to kidnap Trainers from the whole continent to build a large army to catch all the powerful legendary Pokémon, and to not only rule the Bibbur-Si continent under military regime, but also other regions like Johto and Hoenn.

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

The Title Screen.

The Professor of the entire Bibbur-Si Continent.

The male hero.

Antler Town, the player's hometown.

One of the professor's questions. Can you guess which starter you can obtain?

Professor Oak visiting Professor Cleo. Note that Oak is Professor Cleo's teacher.

The rival, Arnsell.

New battle screenshot! (Revised Platinum Battle System)

Leer animation

New Summary Look!

More to come!

Support this game!
Here are the userbars. Feel free to make one, and post it here if you wish.

Map of Bibbur-Si: Coming Soon!

Credits:
Nintendo - for creating Pokemon
Poccil - for the amazing starter kit
4th Gen Matt - for his amazing resource pack
Wichu - for some help in scripting
If I forgot someone, let me know.
I support:
Attention, all Fire Pokémon Fans! There is now a game for you, known as Pokémon Flame of Destiny! Click the userbar to go there:

My deviantArt
My GPX+ eggs
My friend's eggs
My RMXP Pokémon fangame website (under construction)
Shoddy Battle - Hardy_SSC4: 5/23
Old November 17th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Waudby
Pokémon Odyssey!

Nature: Calm
The game looks promising with a few quirks to it, the text box looks a bit strange so maybe fix that slightly, the custom background for the summary screen isn't at all Pokémon styled and makes the game look very bad and unprofessional.

The story line is very clichéd but then again what storyline isn't these days.

Overall, this looks like a good project just needs a few professional touches here and there :D

~Credit to Kyledove for the tiles.
Old November 17th, 2008, 04:20 PM
O.G. Duke
a.k.a OmegaGroudon

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to O.G. Duke
Hmm... If I'm not wrong, the Proffessor was from Pokemon Acanthite right?
Did you get his permission?
Well, I agree with Waudby, the Pokemon Summary looks bad.
Not match with Pokemon style.
That's all my critique.
No offense.^^

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old November 18th, 2008, 01:32 AM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to ~JV~
Sry but the game is not looking so good...
1- you copied the professor from acanthyte
2- My game already has the poketest for the starters event, if you want go ahead T-T.
Old November 18th, 2008, 04:50 AM
Mitchman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Hasty
bad colored proffesor willow. LOL. This really doesnt look like a good game. Thet title screen is meh.
Old November 18th, 2008, 08:44 AM
InMooseWeTrust
Jack of All Trades

Nature: Careful
Send a message via ICQ to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via AIM to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Yahoo to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Skype™ to InMooseWeTrust
The background of the Pokemon summary screen...

Yeah. I tried something like that and some of the pictures worked and others didn't. You have to be careful when you combine real world pictures with pixel cartoons.

I won't really say anything about this game now. Infinite Rainbow started out pretty bad and look how good it has gotten now.

You look like an absolute beginner so you should spend a lot of time practicing. I recommend you join the team of another game to get some experience.
Old November 18th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Mitchman

Yes true and all but that didnt steal acanthites professor now did it?
Also hmm apon reading the story section and the legends area it sounded a lot like amethysts story. So i read the 2 and compared them. I found them very very alike.
Old November 18th, 2008, 10:11 AM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to ~JV~
Actually this is a frankstein game, there is things form all other fan games, the professor, the starter chose event and also the story (ive only read it now)
Old November 18th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

Nature: Naive
~link smash~: I'm glad you noticed too. In fact, I'll go into more detail below :O

Anyway (to the game's creator): May I advise you to actually write out your features and story from scratch, instead of just copying mine and changing some words? Seriously, this thread is just a rip-off of mine. Here's the proof - my thread:
Spoiler:

Pokémon Amethyst is a game made with RPG Maker XP, using poccil's amazing Pokémon Essentials.
I, the game's creator, am a decent spriter, scripter and mapper, as you should be able to see from the screens.
It is set in the brand-new Shika region, which is located east of Hoenn, and west of Johto.
It will feature all 493 existing Pokémon, as well as around 150 new ones.
It is made in Advance style due to the limitations of RMXP (no 3D), but features improved graphics over the GBA games (see the battle screenshot).
Also, unlike most Essentials games, it will feature a full Diamond/Pearl battle system! Yes, Amethyst will feature all the new Diamond and Pearl attacks, items and abilities! It will also have many new items, moves and abilities exclusive to this game!

Story

Sinnoh Myth

In the beginning, there was the void.
It spawned two creatures, the Creators.

Individually, the Creators made time and space.
So from the Creators' power combined was born the Life Giver.
The Life Giver created hundreds of different living beings.
But it still was not satisfied.
So it molded the Beings of the Spirit into its own image.
They were: the Being of Wisdom, the Being of Willpower, and the Being of Emotion.
Thus, all life was imbued with spirit and personality.

Many thousands of years passed.

Legend of Shika

The land of Shika became home to three nations: the Nations of Wisdom, Willpower and Emotion.
These three nations thrived, worshipping the Beings of the Spirit.
However, there was unrest.
The People of Wisdom were greedy for knowledge. The People of Willpower were rash, and easily aggravated. The People of Emotion shunned outsiders, staying in a close-knit community.
Disasters started to happen.
The People of Wisdom were deceived and their ruler became corrupted under a malevolent force.
The People of Willpower fell into a bloody war, guided by an unseen hand.
The People of Emotion were struck down by a disease, spreading among their packed towns like wildfire.
Then, the Original One learned of the catastrophe.
It saw the cause was three Shadow Beasts, which were not spawned from the Life Giver.
The Shadow Beasts were the manifestation of mankind's sins.
So the Original One gave life to the Celestial Guard.
The power of the Celestial Guard sealed the Shadow Beasts away, seemingly for eternity. However, the power of the Celestial Guard was drained too, so it fell into an endless slumber.

That is the mythology of the Shika Region.

Main Story

The story of Amethyst starts similarly to the original games: you, as a young Trainer-to-be, live in Hazelet Town, a quiet town in the Shika region. You are woken by your best friend to collect your first Pokémon from the Pokémon Professor, Prof. Maple. However, Maple is nowhere to be seen! A quick search reveals that she has been ambushed by a mysterious duo, on Route 47!
Your friend helps you defeat the strangers with Professor Maple's Pokémon, and Maple gives you them as a sign of gratitude. But there is a condition. Maple sends you on a quest to visit her colleague Arturo, one of the leading scientists in the deeply-forested Shika region. It turns out that the Necro grunts, who had attacked her earlier, were after some research she had luckily given to Arturo to examine! Your quest: collect these documents. Sounds simple, doesn't it? But little does anyone know that Team Necro are on the move, and after a special prize!
Team Necro have learned of the Legend of Shika, and are attempting to resurrect the Shadow Beasts. But to what ends? The fate of the land rests with a group of young trainers, of which the player is part of! But will they be strong enough to defeat Team Necro? Or will the land of Shika fall into ruin?

And here's FoD's:
Spoiler:
Pokémon Flame of Destiny is designed using Poccil's amazing Pokémon Essentials.
It is set in the regions of Azruf(first) and Shanoux(second), commonly known as the Bibbur-Si Continent, which is enclosed in the triangle of Hoenn, Johto, and Fiore. (In other words, south of Fiore, west of Johto, and east of Hoenn.)
It is set in Advanced Generation style due to RPGXP limitations.
It will feature all 493 Pokémon, but some have new evolution methods due to the lack of some RSE/DP-Pt features.
Some of the in-game tilesets are custom tilesets that I ripped from somewhere(though I forgot where I ripped them).
Unlike some Essentials games, Pokémon Flame of Destiny will feature a revised Platinum battle system(no Trainer front-sprite animations yet)! Yes, Pokémon Flame of Destiny will feature new Platinum formes, abilities, and attacks!

Legends:
Creation Myth of Sinnoh
In the void, there was nothing.
It created the deities of time and space.

Thus, time begin to spin.
Space began to expand.
The Original One created three beings, the Beings of Knowledge, Emotion and Willpower.

The three new beings created the world.
Thus, the Original One rested into eternal slumber.

Thousands of years have passed.

Legend of the Bibbur-Si Continent

The Land of Bibbur-Si is home of two peaceful regions, the Regions of the Beast of the Sea and of the Guardian of the Sky.
However, war has started in the border of the two regions.
It has known that the cause of the war is the Renegade Pokémon, turning men into evil.
The Beings of Knowledge, Emotion and Willpower learned of the chaos.
So they give new life to four new Pokémon.
The first one can burn even the strongest foe.
The second one burns the foe when enraged.
The third one can inflict a burn on a single kick.
And, the fourth one burns a foe with all its limbs.
The four new Pokémon battled the Renegade Pokémon, and so they defeated it.
On the northern and the southern areas of Bibbur-Si,
They split up to watch the men, watching every move.
In the north, the second and third Pokémon watch.
The others are at the south, watching everything.
That is the legend of the Land of Bibbur-Si.

Main Storyline:
You, as a young trainer-to-be, lives at the Azruf Region. It's your first day with a Pokémon. You went to the lab of the Continental Professor(Professor Cleo) to get your first Pokemon. After you got a trendy S.S. Ticket from a house in your hometown, you'll find out that a Trainer, who wants to be your rival, battles you. Your quest: win the Bibbur-Si League, travel to Fiore, and accept few ranger missions. Sounds easy, doesn't it?
As you advance into the game, a sinister team is in the Indragiri Forest, harassing a youngster who is looking for an Exeggcute! The sinister team is known as Team C.A.T.(Citizenship Advancement Training), which is after the four mysterious Pokémon hiding in the whole continent! They wanted to capture them for their "training" plans! Team C.A.T. kidnaps Trainers from the whole continent, and trains them to become their officials! The poor Trainers who are kidnapped are not allowed to eat, drink, or even sleep! The fate of the Bibbur-si Continent depends on you! Can you stop Team C.A.T.? Or will the Bibbur-Si Continent fall into ruin?

I've highlighted the similarities - come on, that's blatantly plagiarism!

EDIT: Also:
Spoiler:
You may have been wondering what kind of game I was making. Well, this is it - Pokémon Amethyst's official thread!
and
Spoiler:
Many of my friends are thinking what game I am making. Well, this is it...

The credit list ends the same way as mine, with
Quote:
Let me know if you think you should be on this list.

Last edited by Wichu; November 18th, 2008 at 12:30 PM.
Old November 18th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Mitchman

No prob. Im sure the great mod avatar is will settle this soon.
Old November 18th, 2008, 10:09 PM
O.G. Duke
a.k.a OmegaGroudon

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to O.G. Duke
He stole Acanthite's sprite and then copied Wichu's thread as template?!
Well, you seems to be not ready for game making.
Try to read rules, DO NOT STEAL UNTILL YOU GET PERMISSION!
That's the most important rules when you start game making.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here